[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How could you do this to us square? I have been a huge fan since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: cloud3.jpg (115 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
cloud3.jpg
115 KB, 1200x675
How could you do this to us square? I have been a huge fan since I started gaming. Please square there is still time to change this don't go down this road. Your better than this.
>>
I agree, there's something wrong with this face.
>>
>>319283310
Meant more about the game being episodic. Should've been more clear on that. Oh well.
>>
>>319283534

That's just because it's not going to be ready. They're already reusing skeletons, assets and animations from FFXV to lower development time.
>>
>>319283534
Then wait until everything is finished and get the full package. It wouldn't be made otherwise.
>>
>>319282884
What road? It looks just as stupid / amazing (depending on your perspective) as the original.
>>
File: 1430666712969.jpg (130 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1430666712969.jpg
130 KB, 700x525
>>319283534
Just asking, are you the guy whom I've called schizophreniac for claiming FF7R is going to be episodic in another thread? Regardless of your mental health, which is still rather suspect, you were right and I was wrong.
>>
>>319283691
Forgive me but it sounds like bullshit that they couldn't release the game with multiple discs. Maybe this will all turn out to be good but I just really really doubt it.
>>
>>319283892 No i'm not.
>>
>>319284045
Are you stupid? The problem is not about filesize, it's about dev time.
>>
>>319284045
I think they meant it was going to be far too expensive to make it a single game. Like, the amount of content, if 7 was remade scene by scene, would far exceed the budget and scope of a modern game, so they'd have to make it multiple games.

It's basically the same exact mentality that brought us the adaptation of The Hobbit that was longer than the adaptation of The Lord of The Rings.
>>
>>319284045
Episodic means they will pad out parts of the game longer. Imagine if they wanted to release the original star wars game but as an episodic game. The first part would be the opening, then Tatooine would take 6 hours as Luke has to do a bunch of dumb fetch quests and collection things to pad it out to make it feel like you're doing more. So, you get "more content", but you are stuck in Mos Eisley delivering packages to bribe the bar owner to get you a meeting with Han solo instead of getting on with the fucking story, which you already know because it came out 40 years ago.

This is what the new Final Fantasy will be like, and you can't skip ahead to the good parts of the story because it will be episodic and will only be released the next year!
>>
>>319283637
They aren't reusing anything from XV

It's not even the same animations either, they are similar but not the same, you can see from the arm placement and how Cloud walks already it's different to how Noctis's one is

SE has their own in house mocap studio, anyone can go in and record their animation data and use it

XV is also on a completely different engine and development team than FF7R
>>
File: 1350689480447.png (251 KB, 552x575) Image search: [Google]
1350689480447.png
251 KB, 552x575
The biggest concern I have with this is the fact that it means A. The game is going to be linear as fuck, because you can't have one big explorable open world across multiple games. You have to have an end point, where it goes "ok. this episode is done now, move on to the next one" and obviously the next one is not going to include the entirety of the first part, so everywhere you could go before is now inaccessible.

And B. The RPG elements are going to be pointless because you have to account for some shmucks buying episode 2 without 1 or whatever, so every single entry is going to have to start you with blank slate characters.

Fucking hell square, if you wanted to charge me 200 bucks or something just charge me 200 bucks. Don't butcher the fucking game and sell it to me piecemeal.
>>
>>319284575

There are pieces, such as crouching through the small gap in the trailer, and shimmying through the cracks that are identical. I'm not saying Cloud was a re-used skeleton and animation set, but many others are.
>>
>>319284579
>And B. The RPG elements are going to be pointless because you have to account for some shmucks buying episode 2 without 1 or whatever, so every single entry is going to have to start you with blank slate characters.
EVERY FUCKING THREAD
You reactionary fucking idiots don't even play videogames I swear to god
>>
>>319284693
Yes that was something I noticed but they are simply just similar animations and actions, not the same animation data that FFXV uses
>>
>>319284793

Good job refuting my point.

Oh wait.
>>
>>319284925
You have no point, because you haven't played any fucking videogames since 2012 if you don't know how modern episodic games work, I.E. anything Telltale shits out, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Life is Tumblr

You literally cannot play anything beyond Chapter 1 without playing Chapter 1 first, because they're sold as DLC expansions to the Chapter 1 game.

Do you worry that people are going to play Disc 2 of FF7?
>>
>>319284803

Meh, you may be right but I'm not saying it's a bad thing either. It just makes sense to let them cut development time by a lot, it's not like Fallout re-using Skyrim assets, it's an unreleased game using assets of another unreleased game of the same time, nothing wrong with that in my eyes.
>>
>>319285189

You're right, I don't know how they work because I don't play shit games.

So I was wrong about point B perhaps, but point A still stands fuccboi.
>>
I really just hate how much this has split the gaming community. Most people were totally on board when the last trailer came out. This is sad as fuck. :(
>>
>>319285536
Square fears success so they have to sabotage everything they do.
>>
>>319285536

It's all our fault anyway. We should have known better. Like the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

And what we got was modern day Square Enix trampling all over sacred ground.
>>
>>319285673
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.