[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't own a console. Tell me which is better, and why.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
I don't own a console. Tell me which is better, and why.
>>
Xbox One is better because it has a higher volume of good exclusives.

Whether or not that changes in the future is up for you to decide.
>>
File: 2349234.jpg (188 KB, 463x463) Image search: [Google]
2349234.jpg
188 KB, 463x463
>>319282223
Listen here nigger.
You want Halo/Gears? Get an Xbone
You want Japanese games? Get a PS4

If you still haven't decided you should look at the exclusives for each and the ones you prefer should tell you which system is right for you.

I'm getting a PS4 next year but I think xbone is also a decent machine if you like the games that it has
>>
xbox:

>halo
>tomb raider exclusive for 1 year
>overdrive something

ps4:

>bloodborne
>1886 lol
>probably more idk and don't care

multiplay generally runs better on ps4, as in: framerate is more stable and resolution is always 1080p while xbox goes down to 900p

xbox live is better than psn

ps4 supports hdd change, xbox does not. ps4 supports blu-ray, xbox does not. ps4 software is faster than the one on xbox (installing games etc).

better of the two? eh, it's up to you.
>>
>>319282541
If you want Japanese games you should get a PC.
>>
>>319282223
If you already have a PC, neither.
Most of their "exclusives" are slowly being ported.
>>
>>319282576
I already have built a PC, nigger.
PC is gr8 for old games but it's not getting Dragon Quest 11
>>
>>319282559
>ps4 supports blu-ray, xbox does not
Retard alert.
>>
>>319282223
Neither, unless you want to buy a PS4 for Bloodborne and then wait four months to buy one more game.
>>
>>319282559
Xbox supports blue ray and external hdd with no fuss at all, anon.
>>
>>319282559
xbox one supports blu ray.

you said multiplayer is better on ps4, but xbox live is better.

i bet you dont own either console.
>>
Same except exclusives.

If anyone says anything else they're lying.
>>
>>319282223
Research your own shit and come to the conclusion yourself, you little bitch. /v/ isn't your mother.
>>
File: 1371197564158.jpg (426 KB, 1100x3300) Image search: [Google]
1371197564158.jpg
426 KB, 1100x3300
wew lad
>>
>>319282740
>>319282797
>>319282871
I need to proofread my shit. sorry.

didnt know about blu-ray tho. that's nice.

I meant multiplat, not multiplay. as in fallout 4 runs better on ps4 than xbox etc.

don't like external hdds hanging. with ps4 you just switch the entire thing in less than a minute.
>>
>>319282993
How fucking old is this
>>
>>319282993
>Knack
>>
have both, would say ps4 2 b quite honest my family but only because I like the exclusive games coming out for it
>>
Honestly neither is better really. I prefer bone coz of the controller and the os.
>>
>>319282223
PS4, but it depends on the type of games you like. Honestly if you aren't into to Eastern games buy a new GPU because fuck all is exclusive and even less should be.

That said on a tech level the Xbone basically has the same issue as the PS3 when it comes to memory division in its use. In other words as the generation goes on multiplats will get worse on it by comparison. WiiU is honestly more of an option with more unique content, but even it is pretty sad in its offerings, but I can not forgive a shit battle mode in Mario Kart.
>>
Xbox Live's subscription is also a good $20 cheaper than Playstation Plus.

The Bundle deals are also clearly better.
>>
>>319282223
Why get either?

Just get a desktop PC for home gaymen, a smartphone for on the go gaymen (go with one of the Unix clone OSes), Maybe a 3DS or WiiU if you really like their games and can put up with the localisation team being a bunch of censorship-heavy SJWs.
>>
>>319284031
Pc isnt the same. Console is just so much more comfy than pc.
>>
>>319284031
Pretty sure Nintendo localizations have always been like that
>>
>>319284031
You can't couch game on a PC without setting it up, which can be a huge hassle.
>>
>>319284137
Yea when they still ran on carts. Install a controller hub and plug that fucker into the TV.
>>
>>319282993
outdated
>>
>>319284259
>more cords and shit on the floor
>still have to constantly go back and fourth between pc and couch to set games up
>pc needs to be in front of your tv
No thanks.
>>
PS4's only genuinely good exclusives are Bloodborne and Uncharted/TLoU.

The rest are trash.
>>
>>319282356
>higher volume of good exclusives.

I want you to run me through this, because I didn't have that impression.

Not that I think PS4 is knocking it out of the park either in this respect.
>>
File: 3ds.jpg (280 KB, 960x630) Image search: [Google]
3ds.jpg
280 KB, 960x630
Buy a New 3DS it's cheaper and has better games tbqh, I've got PC and PS4 and still have more fun with my DS. But that might be coz I'm a lazy shit who sits in bed a lot, DS is comfy af senpai
>>
>>319282356
>makes this claim
>can't back it up

Sorry about your buyers remorse, at least you loved your 360.
>>
File: 1449444193714.png (41 KB, 808x805) Image search: [Google]
1449444193714.png
41 KB, 808x805
BOTH OF THEM ARE SHITTY
>>
>>319283112
>sunshit overderp
>>
I would probably think better of the xbone if I didn't have a 360.

But you can't convince me to get a new console to play the same games you're releasing for the old one.
>>
PS4. It has two times the owners compared to Xone. Money talks, eventually more games are made for it.

Xone is only better if you prefer western games. If you liked X360, then go for Xone.
>>
>>319284501

>go back and fourth

Console retard alert
>>
>>319282223
Get a PS4.

Xbone has no games.
>>
>>319282223
Save up and get a pc. I now own both as of 3 days ago and honestly, the only reason i did that was to grab the damn exclusives. if you want tombraider, halo, or gears, grab an xbone. if you want bloodbourne, uncharted, and some shitters like until dawn and 1886, grab a ps4. don't get a console for multiplats, this generation is vastly lacking in power and it shows. just cause runs below my expectations on both, and fallout 4 honestly wasn't much better.
>>
>>319285175
>>319285696
Halo 5
Halo: MCC
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Titanfall
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Rare Replay
Forza 6
Killer Instinct

All of these are 7/10 games or better.

>but they're not all exclusive to the xbone
Remember I'm making a direct comparison between the Xbox One and the PS4

In contrast, the PS4 equivalent list would be:

Bloodborne
TLoU Remastered
Uncharted Collection
God of War Remastered

The rest are average or worse.
>>
>>319286747
>Gears of War Ultimate Edition
>7/10 games or better.

Is it really, though? Gears may have been a good game in its time but it's aged really badly. Did they revamp the Ultimate Edition?
>>
>>319286341
I've set my PC up to the TV several times, idiot. Setting up a console to a TV is a far easier, simpler, faster process than a PC.

That's not even getting to the fact that hardly any PC games support local multiplayer, one of the biggest drawcards consoles have.
>>
>>319282223
PS4 will eventually have more games that are worth playing.

Xbone will keep getting multiplats and shitty dudebro games like Sunset Overdrive

Good PC + PS4 + Vita best combo.
>>
>>319286860
Big graphical update but the mechanics are still pretty much the same. Is it dated? Yes, but it's still a 7/10 game quite easily, and provides a far more enjoyable playing experience than say, Infamous Second Son or The Order 1886.
>>
>>319287364
I don't agree. In 2015 Gears 1 is a 6/10 at best.
>>
If you prefer a lot of Western games like Gears of War and Halo, get the One. Most of the exclusives are going to run along those lines.

If you prefer a lot of Eastern games like Gravity Rush and Nier, get the PS4. Most of the exclusives are going to run along those lines.
>>
On my bone ive play gears,forza h2, rottr,bo3,mkx,fallout4,oddworld nice n tasty and REmake. So far im having fun so its good for me.
>>
>>319282576
lolno

PC will never be the main platform for Japanese devs, that will always be PlayStation.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.