[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone explain to me why people are subscribing and donating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Can anyone explain to me why people are subscribing and donating legitimate amounts of money to watch people play video games? Can anyone explain why they even do this for people who just look cute and dont even actually PLAY video games?
>>
They're like my friends, and I live for those 2 seconds where my name scrolls across the screen, and I hope maybe he'll see it, and invite me to hang out.
>>
>>319254583
Don't have to explain it, people find shit like that entertaining. I'd personally never give money but if someone wants to give money to someone screaming at a video game than more power to them.
>>
It's been confirmed manvsgame has been using adderall to do his 3-4 day streams
and he's brain damaged now cause of it. lel
>>
File: absolutely disgusted chloe.png (74 KB, 227x309) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusted chloe.png
74 KB, 227x309
>>319254847
i honestly can't tell if this is trolling or legit
>>
>>319254583
twitch streamers grow their own little community around their chats and how they interact with it on stream.

as for subscribing, people do it to advertise what "team" they're on and so they can feel like they're a better person than others in the chat or people feel compelled to subscribe through peer pressure.

As for donating, many streamers have started calling it 'tipping". some people reason that the hours of entertainment that the streamer provides for them is worth showing support for. many of the big streamers only stream full time through donations. sometimes its the only way to get a streamer to answer your question. some people donate to wag their epeen, as the thousands of dollars in the top donators list show for the bigger streamers.
>>
>>319254583
because others are doing it

thats all
>>
some good streamers who stream because they actually genuinely enjoy it usually tell people NOT to donate (vinesauce vinny for example)

jew streamers like prerec who only do it for the money are the ones who put all that subscriber shoutout shit on the screen and put the chat on subs only all the time
>>
>>319254583
What I'd like to know is how the anti-racist hugbox known as twitch became the #1 streaming site.
>>
Surrogate friends.
>>
>>319257915
>anti-racist hug box
wat
>>
You're asking too many fucking questions asshole
>>
>>319258068
Twitch bans racism, and in like 95% of chats, if you mention that racism is a good thing, people will think you're lying to troll or intentionally being edgy. The thought of racism being a good thing can't even enter Twitch users' minds, it's that much of a hugbox.
>>
its about paying for content that i enjoied. I could torrent every game I buy, but i BUY them to support the developer.

I support a stream, because they entertained me for hours on end. I dont drop grands, but i do my part.
>>
File: 1447011557859.jpg (19 KB, 403x383) Image search: [Google]
1447011557859.jpg
19 KB, 403x383
It's a psychological thing. They make it seem that if you pay the streamer money, you become part of a group or family that can belittle the people that haven't spent money on them.
Submode chat is some of the most circlejerky shit I've seen in ages.
>>
>go to stream
>every 15 seconds the guy shouts "THANK YOU x DONATOR YOU MAKE IT ALL POSSIBLE"
>expect some sort of humor and wit or some accomplished gameplay
>More shilling and donation pleds, and suddenly more donate

whats not to get?
>>
File: all natural beef.jpg (39 KB, 364x318) Image search: [Google]
all natural beef.jpg
39 KB, 364x318
>>319254583
I'd be fine with it if they provided me with entertaining content.

Like, I enjoy watching TwitchPlaysBattleRevolution. It's pointless, but it's fun background noise.

So maybe I toss them five bucks as a "hey, thanks for putting this together, I don't want it to go away".

Or maybe it's a channel like VGBootcamp that actually serves a legitimate purpose for tourneys and shit.
"Thanks for making it possible for me to watch APEX, here's something to help keep the lights on, I don't want this to go away."

Or maybe it's someone I just think is funny or entertaining.

Point is, yeah, there's a lot of faggots using mom's credit card to toss cash at pretty girls in hopes of getting noticed, but there's also a good deal of situations in which Twitch donations/subscriptions can make perfect sense.
It allows you to directly support entertainment you enjoy watching at your discretion and it's entirely optional, I got no beef with that.

What'd be fucked up is if it was like "to use Twitch at all, you need to donate at least $5 to CleavageG4merGRRL's LoL stream".

But luckily shit isn't stupid like that.
>>
People get off to getting noticed by a streamer so they'll do anything to stand out, above the ground. Even if they got to shout out loud, until they're the only face they see.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.