[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does /v/ feel about pathologic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Pathologic.jpg (94 KB, 423x598) Image search: [Google]
Pathologic.jpg
94 KB, 423x598
how does /v/ feel about pathologic?
>>
when is it going to get fucking released

I keep remembering how cool it sounded then visiting their site and they're still being little jews about their next stretch goal or whatever
>>
>>319247749

you mean the hd remaster which is out or the remake?
>>
>>319247749
nah bro, I mean the hd remaster, not the kickstarted remake. probably should have been clearer on that earler
>>
>>319247749

What? You mean the remake?

They are well into development right now, anon. And they released the HD version of the original game on steam a few months ago.
>>
>>319246706
walking sim/10
>>
>>319246706
I'm on day 3 and fucking loving it so far.

But can anyone please explain what that hunchbacked monster that leads you to Oglimsky Jr. is supposed to be? After killing it you don't even get the option to ask Oglimsky what it was.
>>
>>319248706
I think they are some kind of native tribe that lives in the area or something
>>
Who is Isildor again? And his son? They keep getting mentioned but I kinda forgot who they is cuz dumb lol.
>>
>>319249362
Isildor is main doctor dude from town that dies from illness at the beginning of game. His son is the second playable character.
>>
File: Sneaking into Vlad's.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Sneaking into Vlad's.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>319248706
A worm. They're sort of people, I think. It's never really explained why they look so weird.

>>319249362
Isidor was the town healer who beat the first outbreak, he dies just before the events of the game. His son is the Haruspex, one of the playable characters.
>>
>>319249670
>>319249803
thanks senpaitachi.
>>
>>319246706
I love how they gave lore reasons for the game's technical limitations. Like how the fog is supposed to be some kind of pollen, and how the NPCs animate and act so uncannily because inhaling that pollen makes you whack.
>>
>>319248657
>things walking simulators have
Walking

>things Pathologic has
Shooting
Melee combat
Survival (based on health, hunger, exhaustion, immunity, and infection levels)
Resource management
Dialogue interaction
Trading/bartering
Reputation system
Basic stealth
Walking

I don't understand why people say Pathologic is a walking simulator.
>>
>>319250768
because 70% of the game is just walking
>>
>>319250961
I seriously consider it to be more of a racing game than a walking simulator since time is always against you.
>>
>>319250961
Most of the things listed occur during that. It's a walking simulator like a Fallout or Elder Scrolls game is. Or like most games, since you tend to walk while doing things in them.
>>
>>319251196
After you finish the first few days and get the hang of things you can easily finish all the day's quests before noon. Once I even finished before 7am. Then you have the rest of the day to scavenge or just sleep if you already have enough shit.
>>
>>319250961
Dybowsky's words in the latest: The Town is the rocket in the space of events, and the reason it is so small is because Dmitry himself finds it hard to familiarize and get on with too big communities. Emotional investment, all that shit. So grab it while you can.
>>
>>319251292
No, what I get out of the game was the opposite. I walked because I had to finish my quests during the day and nothing else happened during main quests. I just moved from point A to B to talk to some guy because he sent me a letter than to C because he wanted me to convince someone than to D because they wanted me to do them a favor in order to convince them. Guess what? That favor is just talking to someone else. Gameplay wise Pathologic is completely ignorable but the game presents unique situations according to the choices you make, that's why some people enjoy the game. Things you've listed(especially resource management, trading/bartering, rep system and survival)become jokes after day 1 and just become chores.
>>
>>319251871
>latest podcast
>>
Are Ice Pick's other games any good?
>>
>>319252493
Gameplay-wise they're just passable.
The game itself is just a carcass for an idea to pass.
Lucky for everyone except Dybowsky, IPL hired gameplay designer for the remake.
>>
>>319252493
The Void is supposedly very good, although much more punishing than Pathologic. It also has boobs.

Knock-Knock is short and pretty bare-bones. Get it if the concept seems interesting.

Cargo! is a broken mess, and probably the most bizarre thing they've made.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.