[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Company of Heroes thread. What do you think of the december patch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
Company of Heroes thread.

What do you think of the december patch?
>>
>>319242719
I can't get my friends to play it
Also I can't learn how to play OKW so I'm sticking with ostheer.
>>
>>319243352
I think OKW's a simpler faction than Ostheer, to be honest. Ostheer just has the benefit of playing somewhat similarly to their predecessor in CoH1.
>>
>>319243656
Wehrmacht has more straightforward teaching then OKW and I can't get where to place OKWs trucks and how to use Stuka effectively panzerwherfer feels better imo
>>
>>319242719
>What do you think of the december patch?
Fucking shit. I'm getting anally destroyed by the Germans constantly. Also fuck their airstrike or whatever it is that drops huge amounts of damage and wipes structures out.
Fuck you Naziboos in general, goddamn.
>>
>>319244680
Teching not teaching damn autocorrect
>>
>>319242719
Are they still making Heavy Engineers cost? That's what really pissed me off.
>>
>>319244756
Fuck you murricunt go rifleman and howitzer somewhere else
>>
did the british faction come out yet?
is it good
>>
>>319244992
Try English m8. Being a Brit is pretty fucked.
>>319245157
Apparently it was OP at the start and now it's being nerfed into oblivion.
>>
File: Coh2 Prosttruppen.png (46 KB, 152x200) Image search: [Google]
Coh2 Prosttruppen.png
46 KB, 152x200
>most op unit
>still hasn't been nerfed

Feeling great right now man.
>>
>>319244680
I'm not at all an experienced OKW player, but I usually treat their placement the same way I treat British forward operating bases (and british HQ trucks in the last game), especially the battlegroup truck.

The flak truck is the one I have the most trouble with. It's most useful on the front lines, but it's the most fragile truck.

You're right that Wehr has an easier tech tree though.
>>
>>319245313
How do you use them jeez? They're weaker than conscripts
>>
>>319245294
Thank god for Brit nerd I hated that every game was bofors + mortar with no cd brace
>>
I recently started playing this game and it's been a long time since I've had this much fun. Tell me tho, is it normal for RTS forums to be filled to the brim with complaints about imbalance?
>>
Reminder that CoH2 is garbage and you should feel bad for playing it.

CoH was the best strategy game of all time, and this abomination is a disgrace.
>>
>>319245843
The game is a mess. It is actually really imbalanced.

Don't expect it to ever be balanced either.
>>
OKW commander is hilariously broken, especially with the newfound surge in resources.

USF commander is meh, but the calliope is fun for all the wehraboo tears it collects as they get a taste of what it feels like to be up against an actually decent artillery unit for once. Just wish Relic would stop this meme of the calliope's guns being inert.
>>
>>319245843
Only for relic games also a bit of SC
>>
>>319245157
They were really fun at launch, but Relic's been really bending them over the barrel lately.

>>319245294
>tfw they'll never ever ever stop nerfing the Croc
The one and only thing the Brits have to their name is decent armor for an allied faction, soon they won't even have that.

>>319245843
I don't know about other RTSs, but because Relic patches the game for balance monthly, people are always chatting it up, either to complain about this month's patch or hoping next month's will be better.
>>
>>319245843
Normally yes, but in CoH2's case it's actually pretty well founded. When you start getting into higher level play the balance is pretty fucking awful and the commanders are straight up P2W.
>>
>>319246027
>Calliope

Since when? The Heavy Cavalry added Pershing, not Calliopes.

Speaking of, did Relic give a reason as to why the Pershing crew can't dismount?
>>
>>319245769
Brits get shut down too easily now, though. They can't afford to field large amounts of units which makes them vulnerable to Germablobing, they heavily rely on being defensive and if whatever position they were holding is taken they need to rely on another army to help them take it back. Sometimes I'll be stuck with practically no fucking units on the field because everything is so goddamn expensive and shit.
>>319246191
>higher level play
Everything is high level play. There is no separation between the ranks. I'm not even 50 yet and I'm always thrown up against at least 3 Germans who have maxed theirs out.
>>
>>319245621
Use them as meat shield behind cover and spam

As a whole squad they are more durable than grenadiers.

But try not to blob, that just asking for a demo charge.
>>
>>319246389
Brits had a rough early game from the very beginning, it's a real struggle to get a foothold. If you can't get an AEC out or a Bofors down before Pumas hit the field you're in trouble.

It's only gotten harder with patches.
>>
>>319246308
The recent patch added a new USF and OKW commander as well, anon. Tactical support and I forget the name of the other. OKW one has a bunch of recon shit and hilariously broken goliaths. US one gets an overpriced halftrack that requires THREE FUCKING CP, so it's utterly useless by the phase of the game in which it can actually be called in; As well as browning MG's, recon flight, and some useless bullshit I can't remember because it's never useful.

OKW gets boobytraps on strategic points that fire a flare instead of blowing up, their structures show units in the fog, they get moving demo charges that give vision, can cloak, and do twice the damage, a defensive buff, and some bullshit I can't remember because I never use it because goliaths win the game for you pretty quickly.
>>
>>319246739
The APC with the flamethrower helps a lot, but if that goes down, or you lose your infantry, or anything goes wrong really, you are fucked. Give the VP up and go support the rest of your team because you're not getting that VP back unless they help.
>>
>>319246389
Ranks are useless. You get them just from playing. The matchmaking tries to put you up against people with similar ladder ranking, not your XP ranking.
>>
>>319246926
>The matchmaking tries to put you up against people with similar ladder ranking, not your XP ranking.
Then why the fuck am I constantly outmatched by people better than me? The ladder surely can't be
>Pro German Clans
>Anon+3 braindead third worlders, one of whom is going to leave at the start of the match
>>
>>319246908
I've given up on the universal carrier, it's too fragile. And the fuel required to get it while it's still useful delays teching up to more worthwhile solutions like grenades and the bofors.

>>319246802
Oh, that's interesting. I wish they'd add a new Brit commander though, it seems lame that they'd add four new commanders for USF and OKW in a couple months and not a single one for brits.
>>
>>319247127
>Team games
Oh, well no wonder. Never play teams in an RTS, it's objectively shit 90% of the time no matter the game. The matchmaking can't help that, and the game's already wonky balance only gets worse when you throw more people(Often of multiple factions) into the mix.

>>319247272
They couldn't even be assed to add a non-german axis faction; Not surprising that the brits have very little attention to them. Even the announcer uses generic lines regardless of your commander.
>>
Also why the fuck does everyone unironically use noob in this game? Y'all already work around the word filter, just call me a gardening head or something instead of screaming noob all the time.
>>319247272
The Universal Carrier I find is tougher than the German's early game Patrol Car or whatever it's called. The UC can kill it without any upgrades with ease.
>>
>>319246802
By goliaths, you mean those little remote explosives that they had in the first game?

Can they still cloak?
>>
Why war spoil system is so terrible? I have 80+ hours and still don't have a single PGs dodge bulletin
I love based PGs so much
>>
>>319247774
only when in cover
>>
>>319247427
The matchmaking COULD help that if they designed it worth a damn. At least penalize people for fucking abandoning the game.
>>319247272
>>319247427
Of the Brit commanders you get with the faction, I'm pretty sure Royal Artillery is the only one worth a damn right now. I can never find a time where Commandos actually work, and the Engineers just doesn't work out either. I've heard Vanguard is good but fuck paying $4 more for that.
>>
>>319247774
Yes and yes. They cloak in cover and they one-shot anything below a medium tank. And unlike CoH1, the vision system in place makes it worlds easier to just hide it behind something, then run it out into the middle of a squad, exchanging 100 munitions for a free squad wipe. They're not even SLIGHTLY balanced.
>>
>>319247897
Aye, Royal Artillery is still useful, even though the Sexton is kinda shit.

Vanguard and Special Weapons are pretty good, they each synergize well with Hammer and Anvil, respectively.

Vanguard gets you:
>Raid Operation
Pretty much all of your units gain the ability to cap points, even tanks. Useful in late game when you have comets rolling around
>Logistics glider
Fly in a retreat/reinforcement point that comes with an officer and can spawn commandos. Available too late to be a gamechanger compared to the FOB, but still neat
>Vehicle repairs
Straight copied from Royal Engineers. Useful if you time it right
>Close Air Support
Similar to USF Airborne's ability but with triple the planes and composite attacks. Useless against OKW once they get a flak truck out
>Crocodile
Exponentially better than it was in CoH1 (though Relic has nerfed it every month since released), it saves games.

Special Weapons section
>Tank Hunter infantry
Infantry squad equipped with two of the same AT rifles as your sniper. Terrible against infantry, but they have AT grenades and any vehicles close to them show up on your minimap even in fog of war.
>Supply Halftrack
An M3 that can drop Vickers K and Piats. Useful
>Hold the Line
Can either be a colossal waste of resources or change the momentum of the game, depending on how well you time it.
>Artillery
Seems like a straight copy of railway artillery, gigantic arty shells hit over the course of like 45 seconds.
>Croc
>>
>>319247447
You mean the Kubelwagon? I guess that's true, but the Kubelwagon is just a jeep, anything can kill them.
>>
>>319245313
Osttruppen OP?
If you get beaten by these cheap shits, you're most likely a scrub.
>>
Fuck braindead OKW
>>
It touches me to see other people on /v/ play it you guys wanna play together sometime?
>>
File: 231430_2015-11-23_00002.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
231430_2015-11-23_00002.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>319254229
If you wanna make a group or something I'll join and play whenever I feel up to it.
>>
why don't people seem to talk about the Russian faction?
>>
>>319254229
I can play with you right now if you want.

Name?
>>
>>319255880
Yea sure anybody can add me

HeresyEndsThisDay
>>
File: 1385859609552.png (40 KB, 309x433) Image search: [Google]
1385859609552.png
40 KB, 309x433
>>319255769
What's there to say about it?

They are OP, what else?
>>
>>319255480
>17pdr
How do you use it? It's so goddamn huge, I find it hard to find a good place where it fits and can still be useful.

I usually just use a combination of 6pdrs and Fireflies for defensive AT
>>
>>319255480
>>319256451

Ok, I'll add you.

So is that other anon available to play 3v3 right now?
We can form up a group like you said.
>>
>>319243352
>spam Volksgrenadiers
>equip them with Panzershreks

For starters thats all you gotta do
>>
Does anyone else feel like the Centaur is kind of useless?

Sure it cuts through infantry and light vehicles quickly, but by the time you have it those won't be your main concern. It's also only slightly less expensive than the Cromwell, which can handle a wider range of threats.
>>
>>319256489
>Russians
>OP
>Wehraboo image
kek
>>
>>319259068
But they are OP.
No matter how people whine about OKW, the truth is that okw isn't consistent and are constantly getting their ass kicked online.

The stats prove it.

Soviets can access tanks faster and cheaper, they have the OP conscripts that render all hmg useless because of the molotov and can also destroy your scout car.

Not even going to talk about their mortars.
>>
>>319259748
OKW get their asses kicked because Axis players are god awful. In the actual high level play, OKW and USF dominate. In shitty pub matches, it's a toss up. Almost none of the top players even touch SU anymore.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.