[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: Grand_Theft_Auto_V.png (187 KB, 300x369) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Theft_Auto_V.png
187 KB, 300x369
What went wrong?
>>
DELETE THIS
>>
Nothing, it's better than GTA IV
>>
>>319238545
they removed the bird's eye POV
>>
>>319238545
I have a GTX 970 and the game keep lagging while driving even at the lowers settings, What the hell.
>>
>>319238901
i5-4690k and 970 here
Everything maxed even some Advanced graphics turned on.
60fps@1080p
You dungoofed
>>
>>319238545
The online didn't live up to the hype
>>
PC release
>>
File: 1416636995010.png (60 KB, 272x199) Image search: [Google]
1416636995010.png
60 KB, 272x199
>>319238545
>three protagonists system was awful
>mission structure, especially later on, was formulaic and stupid
>no taxi, firetruck, cop missions
>anything to do with the online
>>
>>319239180
hmmm, maybe is my processor, not trying to troll or anything. how much ram do you have?
>>
>>319238901
I can max the game with a 750ti. Tf nigga.
>>
>>319239180

>werks on my machine ;)
>>
>>319239534
I have a 750 ti too
what's your cpu?
>>
>>319238545
THe story sucks but the gameplay is fun overall. Wish they'd had time to work on a bit more interesting side games.

But compared to the major releases of '14 and '15 especially it really did deliver on what it promised.
>>
>>319239520
8gb
>>319239543
That's how it is, bro.
I can even play it at 4k but I have to tweek it to get 60fps.
Sucks to be you, I guess.
>>
>>319239518
What do you mean by taxi missions? I'm pretty sure there are.
>>
File: GTA5 2015-12-07 13-13-13.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GTA5 2015-12-07 13-13-13.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
needed aussie vehicles
>>
No flamethrower or chainsaw, and hydraulics are online only.
>>
>>319238545
the lobby matchmaking system
most missions are too hard for shit casuals
loading screen the game part 2 reloaded: loaded and reloaded again
https://a.uguu.se/shgace.webm
>>
Great single player that's unfortunately devoid of lots of content like San Andreas had, but a step in the right direction after lots of stuff was unfortunately gutted from IV.

Awful multiplayer that should have just been copied and pasted from GTA IV but instead became a "free DLC" bad attempt at making an RPG. Pretty shitty of Rockstar to put those multiplayer mod bros out of business.

All in all a very good game that should have just been developed for next gen and PC instead.
>>
Nothing went wrong, its one if not my favorite game ever made, that's my opinion and i dont expect everyone to share this opinion.
>>
>>319240028
>monaro
>left hand drive

should have just done the pontiac badges on the back
>>
How you could lose $26,000 every time some faggot in a super car attacked you and you shit on him
>>
Best gameplay overall of any GTA game, to be honest. That being said, I always preferred the GTA games that took place in past eras, like GTA London, Vice City and San Andreas).

In that sense, it sort of lacks the magic of some of the other GTA's. Being in a sandbox parody of 80s Miami cop shows and stereotypes is way more entertaining than a parody of the current world that repeatedly crams NSA tinfoil bullshit down your throat. GTAV feels topical, like Family Guy, poking fun at all of these modern day issues and whatnot. I feel like the other games did that better because they reflected on certain eras/cultures like 90s gang culture whilst still using that to poke fun at modern day attitudes. The older GTA's kind of felt 'cleverer' and more natural
>>
>>319238545
>>
VC, and SA are still the best
>>
Rockstar is a shitty cinematic developer that would rather force you to do cinematic shit than design creative, fun missions.

For example:
>Use this specific car to do this specific task in the way we tell you to
vs
>Rob this armored car in a cool way that you figure out
>>
>>319243861
>Rob this armored car in a cool way that you figure out
Well that's not only hard creative-wise.
You have to think about how to approach something like this as a programmer which is not quite simple
>>
All guns feel the same
All cars feel the same
Even the three MC play the same away.

It is as if you made a racing game with 1000 Miatas.
>>
>>319239935
I guess since they aren't official missions they don't count.
>>
Anyone have that mildly autistic blog post on how GTAV was pieced together graphically and how much of a technical feat it was?
>>
>>319242675
I do. Most people can't get over nostalgia so they cant recognize this game to be better than the PS2 games.
>>
>>319243861
Both of those are in GTA V.
>>
Nothing, it's the best open world game ever made that only has one flaw in its shit tier soundtrack that can easily be remedied on PC
>>
>>319238545
The gun sounds are absolute shit, They should have just reused the ones from GTA IV.
>>
Rockstar social club is whats wrong
>>
>>319239543
>OPs answer was solved ,locking thread
>>
I got Pure Shores by All Saints stuck in my head
>>
>tfw the game up until Trevor and Michael reunite was so fucking good
>>
failing missions like the escape from the building with the FIB guy because I escaped the "wrong way" really left a bad taste in my mouth,

Failing an escape mission for not escaping the right way? really? really......
>>
>>319247187
imo only the suppresed guns sound like shit
>>
>>319245942
>All cars feel the same
are the cars a little to squirly when driving with a controller om PC?

like its too sensitive to the analog stick.
>>
>>319247686
Admittedly I love the way the suppressed shotgun sounds, wish the sawed-off shotgun had a suppressor too (and that using suppressed weapons wouldn't attract terminator cops).
>>
>>319238545
Online.
>>
Aside from some shitty updates that afterwards took forever to fix, absolutely nothing. It's a great game.
>>
>>319238545
Unresponsive, sticky, and clunky control sceme and interface, aiming is impossibe with out auto lock, and overall a boring, excessive, overcomplicated mess.
>>
>>319238901
is your graphics card up to date, or is there any updates running in the background ?
>>
>>319238545
GTO not being it's own game that was sold separately.
>>
no CJ
>>
>>319238545

>Rockstar hyped up heists for both Singleplayer and Online
>Both came out and were a piece of shit
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (340 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
340 KB, 1920x1080
>>319238545

shitty car physics compared to 4
>>
GTA has literally nothing to do other than main story missions and driving around at random. I like to call this particular brand of "open" world games "empty world" games. Because they are full of fucking nothing.

At least just cause there's some encounter or thing to blow up around every corner. GTA is just pathetic and they'd rather have you take the subway and eat fake burgers to heal, watch virtual TV or play fucking golf than do anything fun.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.