[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does 4u stack up to the older monster hunters? The combat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
How does 4u stack up to the older monster hunters? The combat looks very... anime, and casualized. Just how different does the combat FEEL, /v/?
>>
>>319235329
I think the combat is great, endgame is fucking awful though.
>>
>>319235643
what's wrong with it?
>>
>>319235818
Guild Quests are just a soul crushing grind fests for relics which are hell in itself. Everything leading up to it is fun though.
>>
>>319236823
I really enjoyed 3u before I sold my old 3ds. The classic gameplay is one of the only reasons I like the series. Do you think I should just stick with 3u?
>>
>>319237091
I'd say as far as gameplay goes it's pretty much the same. There are a few changes but nothing drastically different.
>>
>>319235818
apex monsters are bullshit one hit kills that are unplayable with randos and regular hunts become a joke. so you don't have anything interesting to look forward too
>>
>>319238108
As someone who has 100+ hours in MH4U and literally hundreds of Apex Rajang kills under my belt, I'm gonna say you need a healthy dose of git gud. Sure, double Apex Rajang gets a bit fucking insane, but that's the point of being one of the final quests in the Ultimate game version. Jesus.
>>
File: 123412341246134.gif (992 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
123412341246134.gif
992 KB, 500x272
>>319235329
The one you need to be worried about Anime combat in is fucking MHX. That's killed the series for me. Such a shame, too, because it sold like crazy in Japan. Shit used to be about tracking down monsters, learning patterns and overcoming impossible odds through skill and persistence. Now it's fucking PEW PEW MUH MEGA LAYSER and ULTIMATE FINAL STAR CROSS. Why is everything ruined by becoming big. Jesus, they got popular because of tight core gameplay and how limited and human the player felt. This modification to the game is only going to fucking neuter it while the execs fuck it into the dirt, mark my words.
>>
man it's so casual you can actually use hunting horns solo it's like wtf man this isn't hardcore like FU the best game ever
>>
File: 1423206737070.jpg (127 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
1423206737070.jpg
127 KB, 600x849
>>319239559
I dunno if the guy I was hunting with is still here but the storms in the area are making my lights flicker, my internet may have d/c for a moment disconnecting us
>>
File: 1424746493020.gif (3 MB, 245x263) Image search: [Google]
1424746493020.gif
3 MB, 245x263
>tfw no mh4u on vita
>>
>>319240994

Missed you
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.