[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We need a soulcalibur 6. It feels like it's been so long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (969 KB, 2000x2394) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
969 KB, 2000x2394
We need a soulcalibur 6. It feels like it's been so long since 5, and I at least want some sort of announcement. Seriously, soulcalibur's gameplay is just so awesome. Where are you, soulcalibur?
>>
Dead series
>>
>>319233657

Character poll was early this year.
>>
>>319233564
there's nothing I can tell you that wouldn't just be raising false hopes.

Also, I'm not sure I need another one. The series has been downhill since 2.
>>
>>319233834
5 was the best in the series though, story mode be damned. The gameplay was good where it mattered.
>>
>>319233834

Speak for yourself, The only thing that kept 5 back was time and budget.

There's plenty of room for a worthy sequel.
>>
>>319233946
>that shit ass fucking roster
>super moves in Soul Calibur
>that fucking awful story mode
what was good about it
>>
I kinda want to buy IV to make up for V's disappointment.
>>
Oh come on, 5 wasn't THAT disappointing. It's story may have been awful, but at least it's gameplay was good.
>>
>>319234352

IV is the worst one of all..but if single player is all you are concerned about, then your suggestion makes sense.
>>
File: Soul_Edge_arcade_flyer.png (299 KB, 333x470) Image search: [Google]
Soul_Edge_arcade_flyer.png
299 KB, 333x470
>>319233564
I kinda don't want a new soul calibur. I've never seen a series stray so far from the source material. its like the devs themselves don't understand which time period to use and now everything feels out of place.
>>
>>319234582
And gameplay was all it ever had, really.
All that cut content, I swear...
>>
>>319234182
The roster could have been better (3 mimics is pretty weak) but beyond that it was decent. The supers are fine and fit within the game's mechanics nicely and I don't give a shit about the story mode. Yes I am aware that this is a selling point for people and SC historically has good single player content but when given limited time and resources the devs decided to focus on making the core game better, which they very much succeeded at.
>>
>>319233564
I'd be happy with 6 being a reskin of 5 with actual single player content and playable Sophitia
>>
>>319235023
This.

I just wish Namco would stop treating SC like a redheaded stepchild and give it the dev time it deserves. Hasn't it traditionally outsold Tekken?
>>
>>319235263

It's way too late for that.

And It would have made way more sense than Lost Souls.
>>
>>319234881
I mean, it was never 100% historically accurate in the first place.

I understand what you mean though- Soul Edge through Soul Calibur 2 felt more like "swordfighting through history" than the newer ones. Star Wars characters really helped jump the shark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImHviL80OjE
>>
>>319233564
hopefully they'll finish the next game before pushing it out.
>>
>>319235023
I have to stop you there, the game wasn't fucking done. Had the devs actually worked on it, yea it had potential. but that's gone now.

if 6 is good i'll be thrilled, but they'll actually have to put some effort into it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.