[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have the Steam Link? Is it actually okay? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: steam_link.0.0.jpg (26 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
steam_link.0.0.jpg
26 KB, 1280x720
Does anyone have the Steam Link? Is it actually okay? I've been thinking of picking it up for my living room setup.
>>
It's a little bit janky, but if you're willing to do a little troubleshooting and have a little play around with the tech it can be a good setup.
>>
>>318800179
Yeah I don't have a problem playing around with options, I've just wanted to play some games on my couch and I don't want to get another fucking PC.

So it's overall a good choice for the price?
>>
>>318801460
Watch superbunnyhops video on it
>>
>>318801990
That's what got me interested. He seems to like it, though four frames at 30fps is eight frames at 60fps and I don't know really how good that is for fighting games.

But whatever.
>>
It's great for what it is.
No noticable lag with a ethernet cable connection. Played a ton of Rocket League and ect on it and it just work great. Only problem is turning it on with the Xbox 360 wireless adapter. For some reason it has problems turning on. And there is no button on it.

Also, Binding of Isaac Rebirth has a problem where you need to desactivate your second monitor on your PC for it to work on the Link.
>>
>>318802793
>deactivate your second monitor on your PC for it to work on the Link
That is a REALLY weird problem.
>>
>>318802960
Yeah. If you turn on Isaac, all you see on your TV is a white screen with the music, and you are "locked" there. You have to go on your PC and turn the game off.
>>
I own it and I have to say it works well with a steam controller. I'm pretty about my purchase. Now I can play in the living room on the couch.
>>
It's pretty good if either the computer or the steam link is connected via ethernet. It's GREAT if they both are.

It's SHIT if both are on WiFi
>>
>>318803178
Yeah, the controller is great, but it's not amazing for traditionnal console style games. I prefer the 360 controller for that. But if you want to play Civ 5 or management games on your couch it's the best option.
>>
>>318802793
>>318802960
I think that's specific to your setup somehow man.

I play rebirth on my link all the time, and I've never had to do that.

My brother has a link in his apartment too and rebirth is like the only game he plays these days, he's never done that shit either
>>
>>318803375
That's weird then. Maybe it's because of my resolution? I'll check that out.
>>
>>318803217
>tfw will never get great because my house is old as fuck and won't ever get an ethernet up the stairs

All the powerline adapters I've tried have either fucked up or made no difference whatsoever.
>>
>>318799935

That really looks like a Playstation TV.
>>
>>318803501
Buy a 100 foot Ethernet cable.
>>
>>318803802
Shit would be a bitch to get up stairs since my router's in a terrible place for that kind of stuff.

Any tips on how to attach it to the walls? Don't want it trailing about.
>>
>>318803915
You could probably staple it without too much problems. There are clips sold for that purpose too.
>>
>>318803915
http://www.amazon.com/CableWholesale-Cable-Clip-White-Pieces-200-961/dp/B000I97FHY
>>
>>318804259
I'll try and do that then. Any way I can have an ethernet to both my PC and PS4 without having two wires trailing all the way round my house at once.

>>318804334
Thanks but I'm not American unfortunately. I'll look out for something similar.
>>
>>318804552
>unfortunately
>wanting to get shot
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.