[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, which one is more of a horrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10
File: 8uivcT6MLL07Rz3bzWXD.jpg (48 KB, 409x351) Image search: [Google]
8uivcT6MLL07Rz3bzWXD.jpg
48 KB, 409x351
Now that the dust has settled, which one is more of a horrible disappointment compared to promises and previous games?
IMO MGS V has no reedeming features if youre not a massive kojimafag, horribly limited """"""open"""""" world which is just roads and guard posts, pathetic story, bad voice acting, too much kojima shilling.
Fallout 4 is a horrible Fallout, but okayish game overall.
>>
MGSV is the biggest disappointment.

Purely because you'd have to be an idiot to except FO4 to be good
>>
MGSV open world is fine, it's not supposed to be a themepark like skyrim.
>>
I like both
>>
File: driveboss.png (400 KB, 447x447) Image search: [Google]
driveboss.png
400 KB, 447x447
MGSV by far

I feel empty ever since I played the final mission, it was supposed to be the perfect game, scratch that, the SEVEN GOLDEN LETTERS PERFECT game that saves peoples faith in the industry. It was supposed to be that one game that people look on and say "man, this is art".

It was supposed to close a 20 year old circle and finish one of the greatest stories in video game history. Gameplay was top notch, voice acting was great, graphics were outright stunning.

So you play it through and halfway around you start to doubt what you are doing, there aren't any of those brutal stuff that the trailers showed and cutscenes are pretty scarce. And when you get to the end it just hits you right in the face.
You were cheated the whole time and nothing matters what you did.
>>
>>318796507
>Purely because you'd have to be an idiot to except FO4 to be good

This

Don't see why people complain so much when they knew what to expect

MGS5 was a kick to the balls
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 638x781) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 638x781
How bout lets just say that theyre both horrible and just ignore it

Pic unrelated
>>
>>318796841
xD

MGSV is clearly GOTY
>>
>>318796841
That just sounds like you had really dumb, unrealistic expectations desu
>>
>>318796906
Why would you make this kind of meaningless post? What does posting "xD" add to anything?

That anon expressed his honest feelings about a video game, what does replying "xD" to that accomplish?
>>
How the fuck was Fallout 4 a disappointment? Everyone could see it was going to be shit, from miles away. If you fell into le hype train for FO4 you must be retarded. But I'm not suprised, because people still fall for every EA release still.
>>
>>318797195
yes
>>
I couldn't have given two dicks if Fallout 4's story was shit, but for it to happen to MGSV is a travesty. I'm way more disappointed in that even though I put more time into it.
>>
Battlefront. Not because it was an unexpected disappointment, but because it was even worse than expected.
>>
File: 1444052257496.jpg (495 KB, 1062x1062) Image search: [Google]
1444052257496.jpg
495 KB, 1062x1062
>FO4 is shit
>still threads about the game made every day

Admit you guys are just spewing this meme to fit in. Most people here have it in their steam library with 50+ hours played.
>>
>>318795564
MGSV is one of the best games this year but Metal Gear is a series that's always set itself to a very high standard, and to not only fail to reach the height of previous installments but to release it unfinished was a poor way to send off such a legendary and groundbreaking franchise. It's always going to be directly compared to its peers because its not just another MGS, it's the series' swan song years in the making.

Aside from the odd New Vegas or classic Fallout fanboy who deluded themselves into thinking it would be a detailed RPG most players went into Fallout 4 expecting a neat apocalypse flavored Sandbox with loads of shit to do. It succeeded at those goals.
>>
>>318796841
Where could the game have gone that 4 did not? 4 wrapped up all the threads akwardly. If anything even peace walker seems extraneous because who gives a fuck about ai metal gears when we have
1) the end of the patriots
2) solid snakes character arch
3) big bosses redemption
4) the end of an era
Nothing was left for V/PW to fill exept for messy one off characters like strangelove/paz/skullface. This style of story telling also fell into a star wars prequel type of deal with sahelanthropus being the ultimatemg/gundam. I think I made my point well enough to not have to criticize "theDINE" and the young liquid quagmire.
>>
>>318797251
It managed to be worse than my expectations, believe it or not. I wouldn't call it a disappointment per se but it definitely managed to lower the bar even further.
>>
>>318797606
Because it's mgs FIVE! We could have ended it with a fight between Snake and Boss. Maybe even an epilogue with us playing as Solid infiltrating Outer Heaven.

This was just another side story ala PoOps or Peace Walker.

Kojima was originally gonna end it with 3 which was also a prequel. The chronological order doesn't matter because a good story transcends place and time.
>>
>>318796841
You thought you were going to kill kids too?
>>
>>318798030
>We could have ended it with a fight between Snake and Boss

too predictable.
>>
File: 1434676099309.png (561 KB, 575x803) Image search: [Google]
1434676099309.png
561 KB, 575x803
>>318796507
This
What the fuck did ANYONE expect from FO4? We've seen everything bethesda has developed since morrowind and all of it going into a downward spiral
You could sorta say the same for MGS, with 4, poops, and PW but they all had a decent handful of enjoyable bits, and V was going to be the first actual big game since 4 so maybe it would have changed that.
Also advertisment sealed the deal too, with FO4 looking terrible from the very start but MGSV looking amazing from the first debut trailer.
>>
>>318795564
MGSV was a disappointment.
Fallout 4 was expected to be shit.
>>
>>318795564
I was never a fan of MGS(i do not consider MGS a bad franchise, it just never clicked for me, I know its a good game but I always preferred Tenchu,Thief and even Dishonored, maybe the setting is overused).

But real disappointment was already Fallout 3, so to say FO4 is disappointment is just naive.
I did finish MGS on PSX and MGS2 on PS2, i tried to play MGS5(or V) and I was totaly surprised how mainstream that game went, its literally run of the mill action shooter(hundreds of similar games out there, only difference is in other games you kneel first, then hit the floor and in MGSV you just hit the floor).

Afaik, unwriten rule of MGS games was basically you finished the level(objective) without anyone even know you were there and to kill someone should be totaly extreme situation(not because you are some peaceful guy, but purely practical, if neither one soldier is missing and maybe one or two fell asleep on their watch , its almost believable that no red flags will be raised or any suspicions occurred=Tactical >>>>Espionage<<<). But MGSV is just constructed that way that you will try to play classically but after a couple of hours you will take headshots from 3 miles away and fetch random shit, just to finish the god damn map already.
I am not a fan of MGS and I was kinda disappointed, real HC MGS fans are probably on suicide watch.

Take this into consideration, you have probably killed more people in first 5 missions in MGSV than in all other games combined.
>>
>>318798762
>you have probably killed more people in first 5 missions in MGSV than in all other games combined

>I never became a demon

what else were mgsbabbies expecting lol
>>
>>318798448
>Game set in Africa
>Playing as 'Big Boss'
>Roughly same age as BB to boot
>Child soldiers feature heavily
>Twist wasn't that you're actually Solidus

Honestly there's no real way they could have made the ending worse. I'd take predictable over and ending that just felt like it was saying "This was just a side-story"
>>
File: 1443963186598.gif (2 MB, 315x399) Image search: [Google]
1443963186598.gif
2 MB, 315x399
>>318799060
sure
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 640x360
>>318795564
MGSV.
>>
>>318799060
At least it's not as bad as MGS4
>>
File: 1449094992496.jpg (432 KB, 927x380) Image search: [Google]
1449094992496.jpg
432 KB, 927x380
>>318797704
I hope you didn't pay for it. We all know what game is the real GOTY.
>>
File: 1443682822319.jpg (629 KB, 1266x3983) Image search: [Google]
1443682822319.jpg
629 KB, 1266x3983
>>318799324
I'll say this in every fucking thread
The fucking balls they had to show what would end up being DLC outfits sold weeks after the game in the final commercial for the game before it released.
Fuck me
>>
>>318799851
They never said those would be wearable costumes, idiot
>>
MGSV is an actual unfinished game. Kojima pls
>>
It's only the biggest disappointment because other games like were expected to be shit like the bitcher 3
>>
MGSV is the biggest disappointment of all GOTY contenders.

It is also still the best game.
>>
>>318797551
I wont lie, I play the game, but I play it purely out of respect for Fallout franchise, I really hoped they will go FONV route but they took COD route.
And I honestly believe that Bethesda did a lot of good improvements over Fallout 3 (but not FO1,2, or FONV)and I respect that they have the balls to loudly acknowledge:"Fallout is our now,
we feel this is the way game has to go, if you dont like it, why didnt you buy more(pirate less) FO1 and FO2 and forced Interplay to sell it to us.Now, fuck you and deal with it."

For me , it will always be F1=F2>FONV>>>FO4>>>>>>>>>>>>FO3 (this O in shortcut for Fallout is a new thing, post F2).
Fallout is now Bethesda's game and they dont cater to original Fallout fans(because they actually have brains).

I have 6 mods I consider essential to actually play FO4, those 6 mods are what is vanilla FO4 for me
Its a really good post apoc game but really bad Fallout.

And I like influence of IDSoft on Fallout4(you are blind if you dont see hallmarks of IDSoft-like game all around), basically Fallout4 is more of a 2 steps forward,2 steps back but MGSV went full retard.
>>
>>318801158
you uh going to post the 5 mods that aren't "stop guessing what you're responses mean?"
>>
MGSV was a huge disappointment but I can't think of any game that was better this year.
>>
>>318795564
>which one is more of a horrible disappointment compared to promises and previous games?
Fallout 4 is better than 3 and NV.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.