[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Street Fighter Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: mcz-sfv-white-750.png (42 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
mcz-sfv-white-750.png
42 KB, 640x300
It's been a while since we had a street fighter thread.
New madcatz sticks/pads are available for preorder. What are you buying for SFV, and what do you recommand for a beginner that have a less than 100$/€ budget and only serioulsy played with a keyboard ?

Also are there still no news about the game ? I know another beta is coming our way 17 December and I don't know if PC gets it or not but that's really all I know since Dhalsim reveal.
>>
File: necalli.jpg (248 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
necalli.jpg
248 KB, 1920x1080
Who are you maining guys
>>
>>318785482
>That Bison Stick

I think after this next beta I might have to sell my sfiv stick and pre-order.

Just got a Beta invite on steam to send to a friend aswell, so that's cool

To answer your question OP. Are you planning on going to a lot of competitions/travel with your stick a lot? If so I'd say save up and get one of the nicer ones, but if not, the cheapest one should do you fine
>>
>>318785482
>Shadoloo stick is just the TE1 stick

Nevermind
>>
Got my guest pass today, no-one seems to want it though.

Missed the last beta waiting for my TE2 to arrive, can't wait to play.
>>
Is there any stick that works on PC and PS4?
Unlikely I know but maybe with SFV only being on those platforms they might make some compatible sticks?

I don't know shit
>>
>>318786507
I really don't want to invest on a bigger one for now because I don't even know if I'll be good with a stick, as said I really only played with a keyboard until some days ago where I tried a little with a 360 joystick, it was kind of awful because my reflexes and reactions aren't the same with a stick than with just buttons to tap. I also tried a handful of sticks at a convention (which all had square gates) and I really HATED the square gate, so if it's the default one I might just get a fightpad.
>>
>>318786874
Pretty much any stick *I believe* that works for PS4 will work for PC but just research the stick you want and go from there.
>>
>>318786874
I think all the ones that work on ps4 also work on PC. That was the case for many PS3 sticks at least.
>>
>>318786874
Pretty sure these will work on PC/PS4. And the Hori HRAP 4 Kai works on PC/PS4.
>>
>>318786874
The PS4 uses a USB port so it will be compatible with the PC.

I bought a $60 qamba after the EVO hype (Xbax360 - PC) and most definitely will be getting SFV on PC.
>>
>>318786876
I'm of the opinion that any stick retailing under $100 is questionable based on the previous gen sticks. But maybe this Alpha will be decent, wait for impressions. There's always going to be a learning curve when starting out with stick and you most likely won't be as good as you were with your older controller of choice right away. Square gates are the standard with these Japanese sticks. You'd need to get an octo gate separately and mod it in.

What I tell everyone is that it's really just a matter of comfort when deciding what you want to play on. But for convenience sake I don't think you should stick to keyboard lol. There's also the option of a hitbox, which I believe alot of keyboard players have liked transitioning to.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.