[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC fags will hate this!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: store_GameStop.jpg (84 KB, 330x248) Image search: [Google]
store_GameStop.jpg
84 KB, 330x248
Heres what happened.

>Finally designed to give a shit about current gen consoles enough to ask about them
>traveled into my local Gamestop
>Walking around the store I asked the desk monkey about the Fallout series as a way to buy me some time to think of the questions I wanted to ask.
>He gets excited talking about it
>Ask which console fallout 4 would run better on or should I go for PC
>He says he's bias and current gen consoles will out preform the most powerful gaming rigs for the next 3 years
>He says how jerky PC gaming is and FO4 has the most trouble running on it
>He goes on and on about how consoles simply run games smoother and are easier to deal with
>tells me Ps4 and Xbox are pretty much the same but Xbone seems to run things better.
>Trys to talk me into purchasing the Lootcrate that comes with stickers,key ring and a hat with the vaultboy doll thing
>I smile and thank him for the information then left swiftly

Well /v/ what do you think?
>>
>>318782710
I'll go with things that never happened for $200, please.
>>
>>318782710
Wow you sure showed them
>>
>>318782992
Well I don't mean to brag but I got a pretty big cock and my girlfriend gives me seven blow jobs every hour.
>>
the same thing happened to me except that in the end, everyone in the gamestop stood up and clapped
>>
>>318782710
Haha those console peasants amirite :)
>>
>>318782843
>Not "What are things that never happened Trebek".
One job
>>
>>318783126
Contestants A) never directly address Alex Trebek when choosing a question, and B) wouldn't address him by calling him "Trebek."
>>
>>318782710
>PC fags will hate this!
>Another consolefags try to pretend consoles are even close to PC perf, even tho we all know that's wrong
I actually love it
>>
>PC fags will hate this!

CLICK BAIT GARBAGE
>>
>>318782710
how does one design to give a shit anyway?
>>
>>318782710
>look at me I wasted my time talking to a retarded retail clerk.

Congrats
>>
>>318782710
PC KEKS BTFO
>>
>>318782710
Sounds like your typical Gaymestop employee who doesnt know shit and was probably hired because he can sell things or had open availbility but didnt know shit about hardware
>>
>>318782710
His job is to sell you the console and what he had in store. He cant sell you a gaming PC or a pc version outside of steam cards
>>
>>318782710
Sounds pretty funny actually. He probably plays on a laptop. Kek
>>
>>318783474

CONSOLE PLAYER DISCOVERS METHOD OF EARNING $600 PER HOUR

PC FAGS HATE HIM

LEARN HIS SECRET HERE: >>>>>>>>
>>
File: 1441766736063.png (192 KB, 359x538) Image search: [Google]
1441766736063.png
192 KB, 359x538
>Walk into Gamestop
>pick up Miracle Mask and Deadly Premonition
>"Is that all for you today?"
>pay and leave
2 of the gamestops near me don't even shill pre-orders. I hope the employees don't get in trouble.
>>
>>318783934
/thread
>>
>>318783934
He can sell me the physical copy of the game on pc, which is what I prefer.
>>
>>318784170
>Go to gamestop to find a used copy of FO3 for PS3
>guy ask if I want to pre order FO4

Shits annoying senpai.
>>
>>318782710
He works on commission probably? He needs to sell you shit that's available in store, of course he won't set you on a path of PC gaming when they don't have PC hardware in stock
>>
>>318783934
Actually, Gamestop does carry PC games but the selection is very small. The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 are available to purchase there.
>>
>>318784218
They're not trying to get you the best copy for your needs, they're trying to get you to spend as much money there as possible.
>>
>>318782710
He says consoles are better than pc because they can sell used copies of console games.
He says xbox is better because it costs more $$$
>>
>>318784452
No they airnt, gamestop are my friends. They told me so themselves.
>>
>>318784409
>>318784218
Probably not even on his mind considering gamestop doesnt make much off that rack. You asked about consoles and he wanted to hype them up for OP to buy one
>>
>>318784378
I had one dude try to get me to high five him and pre-order. It was fucking weird.
>>
>>318785350
They should hire people with some social skills instead of what they think gamers are.
>>
>going to Gamestop

What? Do you live in a shithole where there's no Amazon? Or do you have to buy it cash because mommy didn't give you her bank account info?
>>
>>318782710
PC BTFO
>>
everything he said was the opposite of the truth
>>
>>318782710
Your GameStop has a bunch of faggots, at least the one I go to, they know pc has better performance. This nigga musta been fat and wears filgoal
>>
>>318783335
He was making a reference
>>
>>318782710
The Clerk is right you should invest in current consoles cause gaming pc's are a sink hole.
>>
I was telling a friend I want to get a good monitor for my pc so I can run past 60 fps
he actually tried telling me that the human eye cant see more than 24fps and that is why movies are set at that
he wasnt fucking with me he actually believed it
I just smiled and nodded saying I'm not so sure about that and left it at that
>>
>>318782710
>buying console ports
>ever
literally retarded
>>
>>318785752

You stupid little cunt.
>>
I manage an EB Games, which is basically Gamestop in Canada now. Started working here almost a decade ago now. I started because I liked videogames. I keep doing it because I'm lazy.

The game advisers push shit on everyone because the manager tells them to push the shit or risk their jobs. The manager says this because we too get threatened for low performance, but bribed for good store performance. And most people like more money.

I instruct my people not to do this shit, so I pretty much never get bonuses, but I don't perform badly enough to risk anything either. I'd like to think this makes people like my store better, and therefore shop here when there's closer/cheaper places. But probably not. Most people who shop at EB are idiots, parents or children. The people who would actually appreciate it just buy online most of the time because it's cheaper. But it makes me feel good inside at least.
>>
>>318788418
EB Games used to be commission based in the States. Is it still that way in Canada? Gamestop doesn't have commission.
>>
>>318787961
>implying you weren't trolled hard
I really hope you were.
>>
>>318788601
Lol commission. You don't get extra money for performing well at EB, you just get fired if you perform below expectations. And those can be whatever the manager wants them to be right then. It's a fucking shit job at 90% of the stores. I consider myself a decent manager, and there's a few of us. But you're not gonna get a job at a decent store because we don't go through employees like most do. Turns out people like to work for you, and work well, if you don't threaten their job everything they fail their console sale quota.
>>
File: 1365618296976.jpg (137 KB, 887x1097) Image search: [Google]
1365618296976.jpg
137 KB, 887x1097
>>318782710
>current gen consoles will out preform the most powerful gaming rigs for the next 3 years
Okay either you're exaggerating or that guy knew he was talking shit, that's just too absurd.
>>
File: 1347664974159.gif (1 MB, 255x191) Image search: [Google]
1347664974159.gif
1 MB, 255x191
>>318782710
>guy wants to get PC version of FO4
>$60
>convince guy to get a console + FO4
>$410
>>
>>318789669
I don't think I have that great an imagination or balls to out right lie that blatantly.
>>
>>318789135
nah I could tell he was actually trying to be helpful
>>
>go to gamestop
>ask if they carry display port cables or 3D accessories
>they dont
>decide to look at some games cause eventually want a current gen console
>see nothing i want that isnt on pc and it costs twice as much
>decide ill wait til price drop to buy a new bluray/netflix machine
>leave and buy everything i need off amazon for cheap

Dunno why i even bother going in anymore
>>
>>318789669
It kinda makes sense. Pc gaming and digital buying is killing gamestop.
Im sure they have a whole script on how to bash pc
>>
>>318782710
I think you have autism.

Fucking Gamestop
>>
>game stop is now trying to sell bazinga crates
Christ how much shit are we at they could ask you to buy now? credit cards, insurance, and what else?
>>
>>318792536
Sounds about right.
>>
>>318782710
Nice story. Where can I subscribe?

>>318783110
Best post right here.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.