[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the voice acting in this game so fucking bad? If they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: garvey.jpg (200 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
garvey.jpg
200 KB, 610x343
Why is the voice acting in this game so fucking bad?

If they were going to make the protagonist voiced, couldn't they have bothered to hire someone halfway decent?

where the fuck is Ron Perlman?
>>
>>318780909
ronnyP was the anchorman on the tv before the bombs fell
>>
Why would you ever expect Bethesda to give a fuck about making a good game?

Literally all they exist to do is embezzle money by cutting corners in game development and releasing dogshit that will sell 10 trillion copies.
>>
I wouldn't say 4 had good voice acting, but at least they had a variety in voices and lines compared to previous Bethesda WRPG.

Nothings been turned into a meme yet like "arrow to the knee" and "wishing for a nuclear winter".
>>
Woman's voice is better but the writing is so bad you're better off muting the thing and listening to music.
>>
It's passable.

Preston has a bad VA though.
>>
What's wrong with the male voice actor, exactly? He isn't monotone like Preston is, and actually has range, unlike the female VA.
>>
File: 1428313817132.jpg (1018 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1428313817132.jpg
1018 KB, 1600x1200
>Ron Perlman is in the game
>nobody notices because he's not memeing the meme

god videogamers are so fucking dumb
>>
File: IMG_20151203_193724.jpg (33 KB, 720x582) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151203_193724.jpg
33 KB, 720x582
>>318780909
I'm really waiting for the gamerpoop of this game
>>
>>318781052
>literally embezzle
That's not Gearbox
>>
What I don't understand is WHY have a voiced protagonist? No one likes that, they'd save some money (and ask for less) and everyone would be happy.
>>
>>318781534
Where is Ron Perlman? If he's in the game, it's a minor role because I haven't noticed it yet
>>
You know what's worse? In the french version, Father and Mr House (F:NV) are the same voice actor.
>>
>>318780909
Garvey has the worst VA in the entire game. He's the sole reason I had zero interest in the minutemen.

Across the board though the VA work is better than any Bethesda game yet.
>>
>>318781534
>because he's not memeing the meme

kill yourself
>>
The Silver Shroud voice makes the voiced protagonist 10/10, if only for that quest.

>>318783669
Also I agree with this completely, the voice acting is the best in any Bethesda game.
>>
>>318781068
>Nothings been turned into a meme yet like "arrow to the knee" and "wishing for a nuclear winter".

That's a good thing. Those two quotes only became memes because every generic NPC of those factions would repeat the same goddamn line nearly every time you passed by them.
>>
File: 517.jpg (9 KB, 248x233) Image search: [Google]
517.jpg
9 KB, 248x233
>>318780909
>Bethesda game
>People are surprised it's half-baked piece of shit
>>
>>318781068
>4
>variety
There are literally 5 people voicing all the extras. Their lines keep looping with each other mid-sentence
>>
>>318783463
MONSIEUR MAISON
>>
It's passable I think. Real problem is animations. They're literally Morrowind tier.
>>
>>318784720
wonder what age beetus will get you
>>
File: piper.jpg.png (1 MB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
piper.jpg.png
1 MB, 1200x900
>Hmm... What's that for?
>>
>>318786282
The animations are a fuckload better than any previous Fallout.
As is the voice acting.
Only thing that's shittier than NV is story-related stuff, i.e: quests, characterization, roleplaying elements.
Which is arguably the most important part of a Fallout game
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.