[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo files patent for new "Cloud based supplemental
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 14c8185-1slu6x.png (127 KB, 960x1358) Image search: [Google]
14c8185-1slu6x.png
127 KB, 960x1358
http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=8&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PG01&s1=Nintendo.AANM.&OS=AANM/Nintendo&RS=AANM/Nintendo

>Nintendo now has the power of the cloud
>Allows users to share cloud compute power between devices

IT'S OVER. NINTENDO JUST WON
>>
This is not good 50 years down the road.
>>
>>318775605

>Nintendo releases supplemental processor device for their console that allows it access to cloud compute
>In the future when hardware catches up to current compute capability, the games will be playable on native hardware without online requirement

Nintendo always wins, baby.
>>
The example console (just for reference)

[0024] FIG. 2 illustrates select example components of the game console 102 and the supplemental computing device 104 from FIG. 1. The game console 102 may take the form of any suitable type of computing device, e.g., mobile, semi-mobile, semi-stationary, or stationary. Some examples of a game console may include a "dedicated game console" in which the sole or primary purpose is to cause output (e.g., visually and audibly) of games for play by a user, potentially with use of a remote control, but potentially without. The game console may include its own display and/or be configured to be easily connected to external displays like televisions and projectors. In other instances, game consoles may take the form of tablet computing devices, smart phones or mobile communication devices, laptops, netbooks and other portable computers or semi-portable computers, desktop computing devices, terminal computing devices and other semi-stationary or stationary computing devices, wearable computing devices, or other body-mounted computing devices, or other computing devices capable of sending communications and performing the functions according to the techniques described herein.

So this is the power of PC + Nintedo
>>
CLOUD COMPUTING IS OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT
>>
>>318775101
So if I'm understanding this correctly, they envision all consoles coming with a "supplemental computing device" that's hooked up to a cloud network and crunches numbers for everyone online?

I don't get the point. Is the idea that if one player needs to extra computing power they can draw it from other consoles on the network not using it? Wouldn't most people be using their console and not just let it sit there crunching numbers for other people?
>>
File: 6b9.jpg (52 KB, 620x455) Image search: [Google]
6b9.jpg
52 KB, 620x455
>shitters who make stupid threads like this all day long on 4chan
>>
>>318777938
The supplemental device can be a pc as posted in >>318777670
>>
>>318775101

>"Incentives module"
>>
>Being able to use external devices like your PC to aid in computation
That's pretty neat but I doub;t we'll see it in the next decade
>>
>>318775101
would be awesome if it not for the fact that I live in the fucking mid-west and our internet is ass because the goddamn cable company own a monopply and won't upgrade the infrastructure.

Like 80% of the US states got shit internet cause we have no other choice.
>>
>>318775101
>Cloud based supplemental gaming device
So something only 5% of people in the world could use?
Yeah naw I dont think Nintendo is THAT stupid.
>>
>>318775101
>>318777670
>>318778117

>closed source as fuck nintendo that still region locks
>Allowing game files to pass through an unlicensed PC

That's funny as fuck though. There's no way they're not going to sell you a nintendo expansion pack that does it, with a proprietary wire and software that's locked to the system.
>>
Isn't this what Microsoft tried to do with the Xbone and everyone hated it?
>>
>>318775101
didn't we prove cloud computing is total assfuck cause no one outside japan has god tier internet?
>>
lmao wasn't microsoft consoles equipped with POWA OF DA CLAUDE too? Sure this shit will save nintendo, no doubt
>>
>>318779132

It still hasn't been used. The first game to really use it is crackdown 3, and the tech demo wasn't even that impressive.

And there's no way that the thing wasn't running on the best net available in the U.S.
>>
>>318779126
Im just stating what the patent says, and the pantent says basicly any computing device.
>>
So basically, the console just has cheap hardware, and you can buy a "supplemental computing device" to beef it up. You can choose to let poor people use your supplemental computing device over the network (e.g. when you're playing something like Candy Crush and don't need it), and in exchange you get some Internet Points.
>>
>>318779143
>what is sweden

i myself is a forest dweller so i have only myself to blame for my internet but in the city you have 1000mb/s
>>
>>318779569
Shut up retard
>>
>>318775101
this changes EVERYTHING

4k zelda U incoming
>>
NX confirmed for being a piece of shit console with shit hardware kekekekek!
>>
>>318779269

Depends what you mean by "Used" as all of Microsoft's 1st party games have virtualised dedicated servers running on the platform. For compute they have actually used it, it's only relatively minor shit like AI in Forza and big cluster fuck modes that need a lot of AI tracking like Warzone in Halo 5 or Chaos Squad in Sunset Overdrive. Nothing huge like they have shown with Crackdown.

They have shown it. It's just fucking underwhelming compared to what they promised and people were more pissed about the online DRM

Also

>Implying glorious Nippon companies give a shit about baka-gaijin internet requirements
>>
>>318775101

Translation: You'll be able to link a cell phone to the NX and play games on the NX through your cell phone.
>>
>>318779842
Did you read the patent?
>>
>>318779569
People are taking the supplemental device too literally. According to the patent the supplemental can be anything wired or wirelessly connected to the game console. So, it could be the handheld sharing power. A smartphone using a Nintendo App, and so on... it's basically Local and Remote Cloud Computing. Also, you can optionally set your system as a server for the "user community" and Nintendo will give you discounts as thanks for that. Probably to avoid charging an online fee for all this extra cloud processing.
>>
>>318780432
Another interesting use for this is LAN Multiplayer between the different form factors of whatever NX turns out to be.
>>
File: blow_me_bub.jpg (69 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
blow_me_bub.jpg
69 KB, 640x480
>>318778968
Move to Texas scrub
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.