[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /v/ opinion about Freedom Fighters? Is it a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
File: Freedom_Wars_cover.jpg (111 KB, 250x320) Image search: [Google]
Freedom_Wars_cover.jpg
111 KB, 250x320
What's /v/ opinion about Freedom Fighters?
Is it a good Monster Hunter clone?
>>
Yeah, but nothings going to be as good as Monster Hunter, not even Monster Hunter.
>>
No. The game is half finished with bad collision and bad AI
>>
>>318763737
It's alright, the controls are kind of annoying, and you'll definitely be disappointed if you go in expecting it to be anything like monster hunter.
>>
It doesn't really play like monster hunter. The only thing it has in common you fight giant things
>>
>>318764391
Get off it. It's a fast paced Monster Hunter with guns.
>>
>>318763998
And no enemy variety wiyh rng crafting/rng expendable endgame missions.
>>
>>318763737
It's complete fucking shit. The weapon upgrade system is not only RNG-based, but has a mobile game-esque waiting system to it as well. Have fun needing a calculator to figure out whether your weapon is actually complete fucking shit or not. The AI partners are also completely braindead, and there is little (read: no) variety in what you fight. The setting and story were promising at first but revolve around you doing menial errands and BEATRISU, as well as ends on an abrupt cliffhanger that feels like blatant sequel bait.
>>
>>318763737
Gameplay is really fun. Great multiplayer game.
Not a monster hunter clone. Closer to a 3rd person shooter 4 player co-op game.
>>
>The setting and story were promising at first
Youre giving it too much credit it buildsup to absolutely fucking nothing after 15 hours of doing stupid shit and killing red reskinned enemy number 1.
>>
>>318764495
It is nothing like Monster Hunter
>Focus on clean smooth movement
>Weapons don't hinder your movement or function much different from one another
>Resource gathering isn't the same at all
>Toughest enemies in the game are actually other humans rather than the big robot monsters
>Different mission objectives from Kill/Capture monster like holding control points
>Grappling hook
>Weapon customization consists of adding all sorts of elements/status onto your weapons and leveling them up
>Weapons have different types of growth systems that change their scaling
>Story focused and you get a whole party to work with a lot of the time
>Stealth missions
The only thing they have in common is that you repeat missions to get resources.
Everything else is wildly different.
>>
File: 2015-11-07-200620.jpg (90 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-07-200620.jpg
90 KB, 960x544
Story was generic chosen one horseshit that squandered the setting's potential but the gameplay was fun. Too little abductor variety though.
>>
>>318764096
Technical control scheme is best if you use both melee and ranged equally. If you only use melee then sprinter is better.
>>
>>318766093
>tfw stuck at code 8 mission 1
>all weapons are shit
how do i proceed
>>
>>318766392
When you get to code 8, the start can be extremely rough since you hit a spike in difficulty, my best advice is for you to play online with others and gather some materials to make good weapons.
>>
...So what happens if you manage to work off your sentence?
>>
>>318764495
>It's a fast paced Monster Hunter with guns.

I'm pretty sure it stops being MonHun when its fast paced with guns.
>>
>>318766563
swimsuits for you and your waifu

that's literally it
>>
>>318766563
You get a bunch of cosmetic items like swimsuits, accessories (like Uwe's headphones) that AI allies use. Nothing else.
>>
>>318763737
It's pretty fun and the setting and atmosphere is gr8, but it has the dumbest crafting/upgrade system ever.
>>
It is already "free" on the PSN store?
>>
Better multiplayer experience than any monster hunter desu
>>
It's pretty fun, nothing special though once you get past the whole sentencing gimmick.
>>
>>318767180
Yeah.
>>
>>318767271
downloading and charging vita

thanks
>>
>>318767208
I disagree
Multiplayer feels good only because offline is so hard/tedious
>>
>breast sliders intact

Nice.
>>
File: arsenal.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2720) Image search: [Google]
arsenal.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2720
>>318767076
The upgrading was pretty annoying, I usually spent a shit ton of citizens (in crafting weapons) and about 500k EP (in removing mods that I didn't want) just to get a decent rarity 8 LB weapon, and of course I modded it with one of the rank 1 LBs that Simeon gives you for best growth rate. Getting ret only materials became astronomically easier after the devs stopped being stupid and just let people access them from the special missions menu like any other instead of forcing us to wait for them to appear.
>>
Freedom Wars 2 for the PS4
>>
>>318767828

I did have bad experience with the lobbies but fortunately had 2 friends who were playing the game as well
>>
All the monotonous bullshit you had to do at the beginning really pushed me away from it. I've been thinking about getting back into it but I'm not sure if it's worth it.
>>
It's fun, but cab be really hard and annoying time by time. The setting and customization is great, but the story and crafting system isn't.

Sequel when?
>>
>>318763737
At the very least an official book released only in nipland confirmed that your accessory waifu was indeed made as a waifu for you. Story was complete shit though.
>>
File: 2015-04-18-205015.jpg (91 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-18-205015.jpg
91 KB, 960x544
Game is great. It does have issues, but it's a solid 7-8/10.

>>318764821
>The weapon upgrade system is not only RNG-based, but has a mobile game-esque waiting system to it as well.
Are you retarded? You can use NPC to reduce rng and eliminate waiting time.
>>
>>318769302
>At the very least an official book released only in nipland confirmed that your accessory waifu was indeed made as a waifu for you
Too bad they took out any voice customization for the accessory in the west because it was "too hard to localize". I have never felt an ounce of attachment to my accessory since it's always been a robot with 0 semblance of a personality.
>>
>>318769564
Well, they did get slightly nicer as you reduced your sentence. Fuck them for taking out that feature though, that was the worst decision they made.
>>
>>318769691
What feature?
>>
>>318768607
It isnt, all that buildup about DA SKY and all that crap isnt even remotely close to being resolved and leads to fucking nothing, i aint even shitting you unless you consider giant tentacle box a good fight.
>>
>>318769802
Accessory saying your custom inputs and calling you by your RL name.
>>
>>318769802
You could heavily customize what your accessory would say depending on what commands you issued or what conditions were met and you could change their voice a whole lot more than the simple 3 different voices they released in the west as paid dlc.
>>
File: Freedom_Fighters.jpg (58 KB, 310x440) Image search: [Google]
Freedom_Fighters.jpg
58 KB, 310x440
>>318763737

Freedom Fighters wasnt a good monster hunter game but it was a pretty fun take on rebellion if russia invaded the US and the US military just kinda disappears

Freedom Wars was meh, the controls are wonky, the story is ass, and the upgrade system is a time based RNG mess.
>>
>>318769886
Speaking of the story, why was there so much faggotry?

Beatrice cupping your face if you're a girl, Aries kissing you, and Abel holding you and saying "Love" straight to your face if you're a guy come to mind.
>>
>>318765391
As someone who's put hundreds of (to thousands for MH) hours into both, this is the gist of it.

It's not really a monster hunter clone.
>>
>>318763737
I found it to be mediocre. Play Soul Sacrifice Delta instead.

Also skip over Ragnarok Odyssey Ace if you haven't already done so.
>>
>>318763737
It's okay but there's better Monhun clones on the Vita
>>
File: 133851871057A.jpg (23 KB, 540x599) Image search: [Google]
133851871057A.jpg
23 KB, 540x599
>>318770071
>Freedom Fighters

We didn't know how good we had it in 2003.
>>
File: 1394393526248.gif (2 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1394393526248.gif
2 MB, 400x226
>>318770592

no we didnt
>>
>>318766093
why is this nigga wearing crocs?
>>
File: 2015-11-07-200427.jpg (83 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-07-200427.jpg
83 KB, 960x544
>>318771068
That's his beach costume.
>>
Is this game able to be completed if you don't get help online at all?
>>
>>318771351
Until the final boss, yes.
Everything else, no. Final boss included.
>>
Got it for 5 bucks on Black Friday, i enjoy it
>>
>>318771529
Final boss is red rage , right?
I just got to it
>>
>>318771918
hahahahahaha
>>
>>318771351
Depends on what you mean by completed
finish the story?
sure

Do code 8?
Will take a shit ton of time since you won't be able to do any of the missions that shave off 10k years of your sentence due to the AI not being good enough. Well you'll probably be able to do retribution 100 since that's just retrieving 3 citizens while a couple of enemy humans and a single abductor try to do the same.

Get to 0 years?
I'd be incredibly tedious since you'd only be able to handle ret 100

Retributions in general are almost impossible to solo.

>>318771529
You can beat the last boss by telling every AI ally to focus on reviving and picking off chains one at a time, but yeah it's very hard if all the chains are released at the same time since you'll be overwhelmed.

>>318771918
No, it's Oltatum, a octopus themed abductor that comes after it. Break the boxes attached to a chain one at a time, then kill the chain and repeat, do not let any multiple chains go free or else you will get fucked from behind. Also if you don't break the boxes then the chains respawn once the abductor does an explosion after its downed.
>>
>>318771832
>Got it for 5 bucks on Black Friday
My fucking sides
I bet you feel bad about your stupid decision right now
>>
>>318772104
He has it forever and doesn't need to use memory card space for it either.
>>
>>318772104
I got it as a gift and i still feel stupid for the amount of time my friends made me waste on it
>>
It doesn't mater what the game sounds like as it becomes a boring chore.

The complete lack of enemy variety means you cycle through the same ones constantly. But then human enemies become way more of an issue so it suddenly becomes a really shitty TPS
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.