[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So did Alexandria have to pay any representations for the attempted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 120
File: beatrix.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
beatrix.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
So did Alexandria have to pay any representations for the attempted genocide of the Cleyran people?

Why did they pretend everything was happy go lucky at the end when this war criminal is still up and a about?

Did Garnet have to turn her in or hang her later for all her crimes?
>>
>>318748418
Reparations
>>
Nope, no one did shit cause the Queen was dead and Beatrix is a mary sue with huge tits.
>>
Nobody cares about some furshit race or your boring waifu, you big dumb sperg.
>>
Beatrix did nothing wrong, shes a knight and did her duty. Her duty was to be a tool to be used by her Queen without letting her own personal feelings get in the way. You can't blame her anymore than you can blame a gun for killing someone it was the Queen that decided to pull the trigger.
>>
Good timing, I am literally playing through FFIX for my first time right now

Has some of the worst examples of guide bait I've ever seen in video games, but it's a good FF game, even though not the best in my honest opinion

Beatrix is a shit though, I wish you could have killed her. Awful character with terrible presentation. Oh no, she put my party at 1 HP when I can just have Quina cast White Wind and go to town on her. No you can't, she's too strong! Repeat multiple times throughout the game and she never gets any comeuppance for her crimes or just being a bitch because muh power of love. Was she a developer waifu or what?
>>
>>318749341
Do you know what "mary sue" even mean?
>>
>>318749863
Yes, I do. She's the most special and strongest warrior in all the land, probably the most beautiful too, who is loved and respected by all regardless of what actions she takes. She never gets even so much as anyone questioning her actions and is immediately forgiven. Also again, she's the best fighter in the world who can never lose to anyone ever due to plot.

She's the proto-Lightning.
>>
>>318749769
>Has some of the worst examples of guide bait I've ever seen in video games
It has infact the worst instance of that in any FF.
>>
>>318750098
She's worse than Lightning because in LR (and even in XIII to a certain extent) it is at least acknowledged that Lightning fucked up a lot of stuff and she's forced to apologize/atone quite a lot. Beatrix, on the other hand, gets a super happy ending with absolutely no repercussions whatsoever, even though she's one of the worst war criminals in the series.
>>
>>318748418

Probably not, although in the real world Beatrix would have been scapegoated politically after the Queen died, wherein Garnet would have been seen as welcome change after the atrocities.
>>
File: 1448812791376.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448812791376.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>318749750
This
>>
She can do anything she wants when she has breasts like that.
Garnet gets all the attention with her skin-tight suit but Beatrice was the real star
>>
>>318750763
This man has it

Why won't they put our a beatrix statue for sale? Also I'd like to see Dark Knight Beatrix
>>
>>318748418
thinly veiled ff waifu thread
>>
>>318749750
you know- the most important thing they teach you at Harvard is that you can do everything right and still be a most horrible person.
>>
I always thought Sir Dan was feigning amnesia to get close to Beatrix so he could assassinate her.

Missed opportunity there Square.
>>
>>318748418
You're trying to apply 21st century international laws to 17th century warfare.
>>
>>318748418
Ever hear about the rape of Nanking?

Japs dont care about "war crimes"
>>
>>318751014
Could have also had Freya, y'know, at least have some kind of grudge against her. Could have lead to a situation where she confronts Beatrix and let's you do a winnable 1v1. But we couldn't have SE's FF9 waifu losing to anyone I suppose. I swear she'd have defeated Kuja if it weren't required for the player.
>>
File: literally beatrix.gif (29 KB, 335x115) Image search: [Google]
literally beatrix.gif
29 KB, 335x115
>>318749750
That defense didn't work for pic related and there was no reason for it to work in FFIX. Even a blind and deaf retard would've been able to tell that Brahne's actions had nothing to do with her country's interests or even basic sanity, yet Beatrix remained happily willing and unconflicted until it was convenient to switch sides.

>>318751109
>Kuja, Garland, Zorn and Thorn etc. were all horrible monsters that deserved to die
>b-but Beatrix did nothing wrong, guise!
She violates even the laws of her own damn game.
>>
>>318751376
It didn't even really make sense for her to suddenly switch sides. She WON. She could have just killed them there cause of her god mode powers. She pretty much did it on a whim.
>>
>>318749523
fuck you, dan's wife is not boring.
>>
>Suddenly everybody hates Beatrix

The Final Fantasy hate cycle has finally moved past 8 and is now rolling over onto 9 as the legends have foretold.
>>
>>318751024
Just so you know, the first time the "just following orders" defense was rejected by law happened in 1474. The guy in question got beheaded for war crimes that "he as a knight was deemed to have a duty to prevent", regardless of his lord's orders.
>>
>>318748418
we'll find out in the FFIX sequel
>>
>>318751643
what are you smoking, /v/ had been memehating 9 since it came out because it wasn't full on edge like 8 and had canonically androgynous mc/villain instead of just being fuccbois
>>
>>318748418
Icould have swore there was a point in the game where we get her as a party member. But my 8 may just be clouding my memory
>>
>>318751014
>sir dan
sir fratley, not dan. dan was a soldier that survived the burmecian attack and fled to cleyra with his family.
>>
>>318751845
Her and Steiner team up for a short portion of the game. It's more of a cutscene because she's so powerful no enemies can challenge her.
>>
>>318751845
Pretty sure there's a part where you control her and Steiner and protect the city
>>
>>318751845
>>318751961
you could gameshark her in as a party member.
>>
>>318751718
>the first time the "just following orders" defense was rejected by law happened in 1474
i'm sure a law applied the first time in Bumfuck, Nowhere county had instantly spread all over the world overnight
>>
Really though, you guys need to read some history. Military experts could switch sides, flee from battles, be on the losing side of a war and attempt coups without being executed for it. Public opinion didn't matter because there was no democracy and all the monarchs drank tea together when their countries weren't at war with each other.
>>
>>318749750
I'm pretty a gun doesn't have a conscience or emotion
>>
>>318751961
It's a pretty good chance for Steiner to grind and catch up with the rest of the party. Those Mistodons are paper in the hands of that duo.

It's a real shame she isn't a final party member, and we get stuck with Eiko or Amarant
>>
>>318752062
It was the Holy Roman Empire.
>>
>>318752131
that's racist.
>>
>>318752131
The knights are trained to have neither when following orders, the duty of a knight is to be a tool for war disregarding person feelings and emotions.
>>
>>318751718
Not even fifty years ago it was still possible to be a dictator, fuck up your country and go to war with your neighbors while also arbitrarily executing your own people, flee from the inevitable riots and then later return with international (western) backing and take power again.
>>
>>318752361
hah that's what my ex said when I met her and look what happened
>>
>>318752104
See >>318751376. FFIX is very simplistic in its morality: everybody else in the game who did anything vaguely bad are treated as unquestionably horrible people and the game kills them.
>>
File: 463.jpg (83 KB, 577x624) Image search: [Google]
463.jpg
83 KB, 577x624
So a soldier gets drafted into war and told to kill their enemies. Who is in the wrong here? the soldier or the politician?
>>
>>318752691
>See >>318751376. FFIX is very simplistic in its morality: everybody else in the game who did anything vaguely bad are treated as unquestionably horrible people and the game kills them.
actually it's very realistic, whoever was in the winner side had all his shit forgiven
>>
File: 1340130020437.jpg (582 KB, 700x784) Image search: [Google]
1340130020437.jpg
582 KB, 700x784
The OFFICIAL /v/ Final Fantasy Tier List

>God Tier:

>Good Tier:

>Allright Tier:

>Mediocre tier:

>Bad Tier:

>Shit Tier:
10-2
13-2
>>
>>318752858
put 6 in god tier, put 7 in bad tier, 9 in mediocre and you would be correct
>>
>>318752858
Cute, but we actually had a poll
http://poal.me/acnmah
>>
>>318748418
FFIX is the best game that literally loses track of what the fuck it was telling you about half way through it.

It's like watching an extremely serious and rapid progression of dementia. Basically anything from when you uncork notYggdrasil is just some homeless guy rambling at you. Even the characters seem hopelessly lost. People remember the big blue THING at the end and think "what the hell was that?" But really, the game hasn't bothered to try and explain itself for a good while before that point.
>>
>IX
>Good writing
>Any character development

Zidane is the worst fucking protag in the series, he's a bland rehash of a character from an earlier game that misses the mark, just like the entirety of 9 is a bland rehash of 3, 4 and 5 but without the charm to pull it off.

Zidane is basically Locke, but the point was Locke's womanising thief character was a facade, hiding his true personality as a guilt ridden, desperate man trying to save the only person he actually cared about in the world. Over time this deception is revealed and Locke grows as a character once he is able to let go of the past. Zidane literally gets the reveal that he's a bioweapon, you get 5 minutes of him killing trash enemies while admittedly good music plays, and then his friends show up and say "it's ok man :)" and he's back to normal immediately.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate 9, but it's got some really shitty writing, and I'm glad Zidane is dead 2 years post ending and Garnet has to suffer ruling alone.
>>
File: smug_pepeity.jpg (51 KB, 307x375) Image search: [Google]
smug_pepeity.jpg
51 KB, 307x375
>>318752858
Unofficial but backed by shadowly conglomerates that murder dissenters Final Fantasy Tier List:

>Still the best Tier:

>Warms the cockles of our heart Tier:

>Pretty good Tier:

>Tragically underrated and really should be in pretty good Tier.
Crystal Chronicles (GC)

>You can just not bother unless you think you'll really enjoy them Tier:
Any Final fantasy sequel or based on, including The Bouncer. Even Ehergeihz. You heard me.

>Don't bother tier:
Mystic Quest
The film?
>>
>>318749750
>Nazi doctor gassing millions of crying children
>I WAS JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS IT WAS ALL HITLER!
>>
File: IMG_74742545692731.jpg (36 KB, 500x561) Image search: [Google]
IMG_74742545692731.jpg
36 KB, 500x561
I'll be that guy and just say: who CAN punish her, is the question.

The only way she'd ever be punished is if she willingly gave herself up, which she won't do (she's got Steiner). No one has punished her, because no one CAN punish her.

Even if Garnet had her killed, the instant she did her kingdom is fucked. Steiner is strong, Zidane too, but neither are "wipe out entire armies" strong. The kingdoms her mother fucked over will be waiting til that bitch dies and assault Alexandria and raze it to the ground unless Garnet somehow got Alexander back.

Their only hope is that Beatrix and Steiner have a kid as strong as her. Or both put together
>>
File: 1368724618206.png (83 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1368724618206.png
83 KB, 500x500
>>318748418
>Hating on Beatrix
How fucking new to ANYTHING fiction are you
She was following orders
It's not hard to understand
It's not original
She was the pawn of a pawn of a pawn
She never implies to be taking any joy from it
As for her war crimes, she was mostly supervising the black mages and didn't do that much killing herself
And ultimately is reasoned with and joins your side

Do you think Cecil should have been executed for what he did prior to FF IV's start?
Fuck being let off the hook, he was fucking crowned.

Also even in universe, who the fuck would give a damn?
Alexandria's people have no reason to want her dead and they saw her saving civilians from mist monsters along Steiner
Lindblum's king is way too wise to demand this kind of indirect punishment, not to mention he wouldn't do that to his niece's bodyguard
Treno was untouched and probably doesn't give the slightest fuck
Burmecia and Cleyra are mostly dead and are not in any position to demand anything but aid from the human cities.

The Queen is dead and that's enough for everybody, even though she wasn't even the real mastermind of it all.

The reason /v/ can't stomach her is the unwinnable battle shtick, which is a perfectly valid narrative tool but hurts poor Anon's pride.
>>
>>318749750
So by that logic she should be executed or at least exiled for eventually betraying her queen. Whatever side you're on, she deserves some kind of harsh punishment.
>>
>>318752992
>put 7 in bad tier,
*tip*
>>
Is it true that Squaresoft deleted FFIX's source code?
hence why it hasnt been ported to other platforms
>>
>>318752992
lolno
>>
>>318753093
Pretty much everything is explained, but it's really fucking fast and they don't let you any time to digest all that shit before throwing another complicated shit at you

If you were a kid back then, chances are you skipped most of the dialogues about Terra and the pandemonium because you stopped trying to understand what was going on

THEN Necron comes and expects you to abstract yourself from all that shit and figure out what he's supposed to be, which further makes the ending confusing as fuck
>>
>>318754063
>>As for her war crimes, she was mostly supervising the gas chambers and didn't do that much killing herself
>>
>>318750098
>>318750476
>a side character playing the anti-Steiner is a proto/worse than Lighting
Jesus people, setle down. It was just an overlook.
>>
>>318752367
>(western)
soviets were doing it too fucker
>>
File: char_53017.jpg (15 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_53017.jpg
15 KB, 210x240
>>318753563
Bouncer was pure garbage and you spelled Ehrgeiz wrong.
>>
>>318748418
>attempted genocide of the Cleyran people
>attempted

There must be only a handful of them left in the world. They were completely fucking rekt.
>>
>>318754442
You never see her killing civilians, which are the biggest part of the population.
You only ever see her fighting elite guards to get the thingamagick she was ordered to obtain.

So yeah, compared to black mages and the queen's invocation, she doesn't have that much blood on her hand.
>>
>>318753093
>Freya's main character motivation was fear of being forgotten
>the game forgets her after this revelation
I think they might have just run out of time
>>
File: 1390715289419.jpg (147 KB, 1010x810) Image search: [Google]
1390715289419.jpg
147 KB, 1010x810
>>318754442
>>318754063
She was the one who stole all those crystals in this case Odin which was what destroyed the country
>>
>>318754063
>Do you think Cecil should have been executed for what he did prior to FF IV's start?
>The reason /v/ can't stomach her is the unwinnable battle shtick, which is a perfectly valid narrative tool but hurts poor Anon's pride

This is a good post.
>>
>>318754574
Had I named the soviets instead someone would've undoubtedly taken it as an implication that present day western liberal humanism serves as the moral standard, when it's nothing more than a friendly face for aggressive geopolitics.
>>
File: guess who is missing.jpg (1 MB, 4277x610) Image search: [Google]
guess who is missing.jpg
1 MB, 4277x610
>>318754398
Most likely. It didn't do well enough to get a PC port and it was still so overshipped you can get a new copy for a few bucks even now. Maybe they could reverse-engineer it like KH1, but why bother?
>>
File: 1424597690395.jpg (196 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
1424597690395.jpg
196 KB, 850x850
>>318750098
>She's the most special and strongest warrior in all the land
Nobody ever fucking says that
It's just the JRPG "boss effect" where a character has its stats multiplied by 10 when it's a boss but was/is nowhere that good as a party member

You can pretty much kill her in one hit with Freya or Steiner when she's on your side

You are metroid-threads level of bullshit
>>
>>318754709
>she doesn't have that much blood on her hand
Which is funny, because of the scene where Beatrix expresses how unhappy she is with the black mages being used: not because they were slaughtering everyone indiscriminately, but because she wanted to be the one doing it.
>>
>>318754785
Again, orders.
Also she didn't summon Odin, nor did the queen say she would use Odin the moment Beatrix would give the gem to her.
The queen had also never summoned anything prior to that.
>>
>>318755056
WoL, Firion, Zidane, Shantotto
>>
>>318748418
>thinking any old faggot can take on the greatest swordsmen in the world of ff9

i wish she became a party member
>>
Beatrix was just doing her duty. When your commander in chief sends you to war, you don't question it. It's called being a patriot.

The Cleyran were just fine, btw.
>>
>>318750098
In this case the boss/player character disparity is irrelevant. She is repeatedly stated to have destroyed entire armies on her own and one-shots your entire party on multiple ocassions, and you can never defeat her no matter how much you try unless you cheat. It's not a matter of stats, it's a matter of narrative, the game just makes her automatically one-shot you because she's so badass and invincible
>>
>>318754398
they've done that for most of them. Most of the original files for 7 were lost, thus the shitty midi files on PC.
>>
>>318755528
>Beatrix was just doing her duty. When your commander in chief sends you to war, you don't question it. It's called being a patriot.
Which cannot free her from the punishment for actual war crimes she has committed.
>>
File: char_37949.jpg (14 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_37949.jpg
14 KB, 210x240
So did Baron have to pay any representations for the attempted genocide of the Mysidia people?

Why did they pretend everything was happy go lucky at the end when this war criminal is still up and a about?

Did Rosa have to turn him in or hang him later for all his crimes?
>>
>>318755148
>That was ridiculous. My troops alone would've been more than enough to take Cleyra. Why does the queen insist on using black mages and eidolons?
Nowhere does she imply she wants to personaly murder everyone
She's just upset the queen has basically cast aside her army and general in favor of killing dolls.

And given the black mages take no prisoners and basically search and destroy until they stop moving, taking over a country would be a lot less bloody with her troops.
If Beatrix was really that bloodthirsty, the queen wouldn't have needed to get black mages.
>>
>>318755898
This is actually a good point as well.
They both should be punished but instead they are portrayed as heroes.
FF4 and 9 are just shit games.
>>
>>318750098
She ends up with Steiner, so its not like she isn't punished...
>>
>>318755898
Kain doesn't get any punishment too right? I haven't played IV in a long time
>>
>>318755898
He and the red wings also murdered their way to the crystals before that.
>>
>>318756047
Beatrix is not portraied as a heroe in FF9. This whole debate doesn't warrant so much posts.
>>
>>318755060
>Nobody ever fucking says that
She literally says it herself.
>>
>>318752740
Both. soldiers are forgiven if they are victorious though.
>>
>>318751804
>what are you smoking, /v/ had been memehating 9 since it came out because it wasn't full on edge like 8 and had canonically androgynous mc/villain instead of just being fuccbois

There was no /v/ when it came out, dumbass.
>>
>>318749769
>>318750270

what the hell is "guide bait"?
>>
>>318755528
>Garnet is a self-less hero for defying a murderous queen and running the fuck away
>Zorn and Thorn and loathsome criminals that deserve death for following the murderous queen and doing their duty
>Beatrix is a good and selfless knight for following the murderous queen and doing her duty
Fantastic logic there.
>>
>>318750098

Aren't you supposed to self-insert with a Mary Sue? She was the antagonist and committed genocide. She lost whenever she faced the player. Things like this mean she is not a Mary Sue.
>>
If only Beatrix had genocided those furshits, that would make her waifu material. Also a model and art with normal proportions, seriously look at her hands in >>318748418 that kills the boner.
>>
>>318755898
for a time whos was condemned by the people whose lands were invaded. it was in his own country that he was lauded as a hero.
>>
>>318752740
Except she is a commander, not just a soldier.
She's as guilty as Shiro Ishii of Unit 731 or any SS generals.
>>
>>318755872
War crimes are for the losing side.
In a med-fantasy setting, their is no fucking way the winning side would start distributing war crimes to their owns, unless they're opposants and need to be taken down.
They're fucking monarchies for fuck's sake.
>>
>>318756096
fuck you don't talk shit 'bout my nigga Steiner
>>
>>318756454
>he was condemned
whoops
>>
>>318756381
>She lost whenever she faced the player.
Anon, you might wanna play the game or hell, even read any post that's made in regards to her.

But it's ok cause she's hot lel.
>>
>>318756215
I can say I'm the strongest person in the world and that doesn't make it true.
It's just banter.
>>
File: 3058549456_98c1d826ef.jpg (59 KB, 229x427) Image search: [Google]
3058549456_98c1d826ef.jpg
59 KB, 229x427
So did Cid have to pay any representations for the attempted genocide of the Esper people?

Did Celes have to turn him in or hang him later for all his crimes?
>>
>>318756586
From what i remember this nigga was guilt-ridden as fuck and dies if Celes is not careful.
>>
>>318756270
>things nobody said
Fantastic logic there.
>>
>>318756381
There are two kinds of Mary Sues: the self-insert (who doesn't have to be perfect, but is a bland wish-fulfillment) and the writer's pet, who's indeed the most special and competent character in the story whom everybody admires and he/she can do no wrong because the story logic always bends for them.
Beatrix is the latter.
>>
>>318756586
yea he actually did
>>
>>318752858
Accurate
>>
Usually when war crimes are committed, the one who gave the orders is held responsible.

I'm pretty sure Freya addresses this somewhere in the game. Beatrix tries to apologize for what happened to Burmecia and Cleyra, and Freya turns her away and say it was Brahe and Kuja's fault for giving the order.
>>
>>318756586
He kinda died. And the world kinda got destroyed, there was no more law.

You're not very good at comparisons are you?
>>
>>318756217
>>318752740
how the fuck is the soldier guilty in this case?
when you are drafted you do what you're told, otherwise you're breaking the law and go to prison
>>
>>318756864
Beatrix was high enough in chain of command for this excuse to not work.
I can understand simple soldiers, not the commander herself.
>>
>>318756694
That's what the game itself says. Beatrix gets an automatic happy end for doing exactly the same shit as Zorn and Thorn, who are presented as irredeemably evil.
>>
>>318756914
He only "died" if you failed the minigame, you scrub.
>>
>>318752858
The OFFICIAL /v/ taste tier list

>God Tier:
Me

>Dogshit scum tier:
You, fucking faggot.
>>
>>318756263
It's probably just casuals who can only play games with guides.
>>
>>318756946

If the soldier was on the losing side, he's every bit as culpable as the politicians. That's just how war works.
>>
>>318757032
But he doesn't have any fucking choice. It's either follow the commands or get branded a traitor and go to prison.
>>
>>318756953
But the command came from even above her. Can't blame a general if the president orders it.
>>
>>318748418
Beatrix is the one reason I can't go back and replay this game.

Zidane would not be beaten by a girl.

Zidane would especially not be beaten by a whore like that.

It pisses me off that I saved the world from every boss out there, but the game won't let me put one slut in her place.
>>
>>318757076
>attempted
I'd say he succeeded, therefore Male Turks > Alexandria's All Female Army
>>
>>318757091

You're right. I'm just explaining how it works.
>>
File: Reno.jpg (382 KB, 550x780) Image search: [Google]
Reno.jpg
382 KB, 550x780
So did Reno have to pay any representations for the attempted genocide of the Slum people?

Did Rufus have to turn him in or hang him later for all his crimes?
>>
>>318757032
Not really, all the wehrmacht folk got off free in WWII meanwhile the SS were mostly prosecuted. Think if it this way: Queen = hitler, Zorn and Thorn and the Black Mages = SS and Beatrix and her knights = Wehrmacht.
>>
>>318757149
Yet general is still held responsible for a war crime because he organized and carried out the entire operation. It's not just a simple soldier who is pointed at target, it's a mastermind behind the entire plan of attack.
>>
>>318757091
>It's either follow the commands or get branded a traitor and go to prison.
And who would have even put her in prison if she did may I ask? Remember that she's the strongest character in the game, more so than Kuja and Garland and can never be defeated by anyone.

She was also pretty happy following her orders until she suddenly decides to switch sides because Garnet talks her into it.
>>
File: swineherds and tailors.png (480 KB, 515x510) Image search: [Google]
swineherds and tailors.png
480 KB, 515x510
>>318757149
>I was only following orders.
>>
>>318748418
>representations

did you mean reparations?
>>
File: gt3453525.jpg (113 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
gt3453525.jpg
113 KB, 1152x864
So did Edea have to pay any representations for the attempted genocide of the SeeD people?

Did Squall have to turn her in or Renzokuken her later for all her crimes?
>>
>>318757076
Reno isn't worshiped by every single person he ever meets and he's not hailed as a great hero. Barret didn't do anything even approaching the scale of Beatrix's bullshit and he himself acknowledges he was a faggot. Also, his enemies were worse than him.
>>
>>318757385
dat 1999 PSX cleavage.
>>
>>318756263
It's content that nobody would ever find without a guide. FFIX has a lot of items in that can be permanently missed or have constituents which can be permanently missed.

>>318750270
I dunno, the Zodiac Spear was pretty fucked up.
>>
File: 1404240829570.gif (1 MB, 294x329) Image search: [Google]
1404240829570.gif
1 MB, 294x329
>>318757159
>Zidane gets defeated by pretty much inferior Steiner clone when he's an interplanetary angel of death with super saiyan mode
>>
>>318757385
This is some particularly shitty bait, considering Edea was literally just Ultimecia's glorified dress and lacked a mind of her own.
>>
File: 1355942282363.jpg (515 KB, 925x1430) Image search: [Google]
1355942282363.jpg
515 KB, 925x1430
For crying out loud, more Beatrix!
>>
>>318757385
Edea was literally possessed.
>>
>>318757590
>Edea was just following orders!
>>
>>318757159
You have fucking issues anon.
>>
File: 1443493934884.png (207 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
1443493934884.png
207 KB, 399x400
>>318757625
>>318757590
>They think these shitty excuses pardon her mass murder!
>>
>>318757598
Why does Beatrix and her soldiers all wear leotards for armor? Are they retarded?
>>
File: 1360524445438.jpg (38 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1360524445438.jpg
38 KB, 500x281
So did Barret have to pay any representations for the attempted genocide of the Shinra people?

Why did they pretend everything was happy go lucky at the end when this terrorist is still up and a about?

Did Cloud have to turn him in or omnislash him later for all his crimes?
>>
>>318757625
So was Golbez. At least he had the moral integrity to exile himself and sleep forever on the moon. Edea literally murdered thousands of people and a few weeks later is eating caviar on cruise ships with her friends.
>>
>>318757669
>>318757713
Here's your (You), retarded waifufag.
>>
File: 469.png (111 KB, 721x569) Image search: [Google]
469.png
111 KB, 721x569
>post yfw
>>
File: 1425643240524.jpg (20 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1425643240524.jpg
20 KB, 225x225
>>318756586
>>318757212
>>318757385
>Beatrixfag trying this hard to white knight for his shitty waifu
>>
>>318757878
She spent most of her life in exile, even before the possession.
>>
>>318752361
that doesn't mean they don't have feelings and emotions, just that they are not supposed to consult them

"just following orders" doesn't make someone blameless, you always have a choice
>>
>>318757776
Because it's sexy. Are you one of them gay queer homosexuals?
>>
>>318757698
No, fuck you. Beatrix is a slut and a war criminal. I leveled up. I saved the world. I should be able to beat her and let her know she's inferior.
>>
>>318757962
>I already went on vacation. I don't need to go to prison for my crimes.
>>
File: 1445347178553.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1445347178553.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
>>318757893
>>
>>318758052
Nope, fuck you. She's still stronger than you. She can't lose to anyone, she has gurl power.
>>
>>318757212
The Compendium of FFVII has turned him into a canon comic relief clown character.
Worse than a hanging.
>>
File: Leap of Faith.png (6 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Leap of Faith.png
6 KB, 240x160
>>318756586
If you don't give him the right fish then he dies and Celes takes a leap of faith.
>>
>>318757776
Why are you complaining? Are you gay?
>>
File: freya6.jpg (140 KB, 953x646) Image search: [Google]
freya6.jpg
140 KB, 953x646
>>318750098
>She never gets even so much as anyone questioning her actions and is immediately forgiven.
>>
>>318757515
Final Fantasy is simply notorious for guide bait in general.

Always that friend who claimed to have found it all himself growing up. Nigga I know what gamefaqs is.
>>
>>318758192
Why was that even an option? He doesn't say anything personal or appear later at all if you save him. It's more poignant if he dies, yet they allow you to save him for no reason.
>>
File: steinerbeatrix_ending.jpg (69 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
steinerbeatrix_ending.jpg
69 KB, 640x480
>>318758118
She's a japanese anime girl. All you have to do is tell her that you love her and she'll be disarmed.
>>
>>318758263
And yet she is immediately forgiven. Apparently even Freya says later that it wasn't her fault.
>>
>>318758313
It was a Nintendo game. Nintenyearolds can't handle death in video games.
>>
>>318752691
Brahne and Kuja both at least get some form of redemption even though they die.
>>
>>318758263
Fuck off. Freya acts like her best friend and helps her fight.

>>318756381
She didn't lose face with the player. She goes on to be Steiner's waifu in some dumb comedy plotline.

>>318755558
YOUR PARTY SAVES THE WORLD FROM BOSSES THAT WOULD PICK THEIR TEETH WITH BEATRIX

She's weaker than you. The game developers just didn't want to admit it because they fap to her.
>>
>>318758424
Because it wasnt
>>
>>318758206
>>318757985
>Sexy
>Looks even worse than a dress made out of belts
Get some taste you plebs
>>
File: 1316335290347.jpg (69 KB, 250x193) Image search: [Google]
1316335290347.jpg
69 KB, 250x193
>>318758069
>make an orphanage in the middle of nowhere because nobody likes sorceresses
>get possessed from the future and kill lots of people
>become freed from the possession and do everything in your power to stop the really pretty future witch

On a side note, does anyone else think that the word "sorceress" is a really pretty word?
>>
>People actually want Beatrix in Dissidia
>She gets in
>Whenever you beat her, you get a short scene of her defeating you and then walking away
>>
Literally who cares?

She still has the best soundtrack in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACFYaHyWrMQ
>>
>>318758570
>Taking a shot at Lulu

You are undeniably a cock smoker.
>>
>>318758441
He's not talking about the translation.
>>
>>318758574
WHAT IF
ultemecia is not the future Rinoa but the PAST RINOA!
>>
>>318758574
>I can get away with mass murder because I tried hard not to be!
>>
>>318758520
>IT WASN'T HER FAULT THOUGH! SHE WAS JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS! WHO CARES IF SHE COULD HAVE SAID NO AT ANY TIME AND NO ONE COULD HAVE STOPPED HER, OR IF SHE'S HAPPY TO DO IT AND ONLY STOPS ON A WHIM!
>>
>>318748418
>>318758608
Why is she wearing a jock strap on her head?
>>
File: Seifer_smile.jpg (116 KB, 565x300) Image search: [Google]
Seifer_smile.jpg
116 KB, 565x300
So did Galbadia have to pay any representations for the attempted conquest of the Gaian people?

Did Cid have to turn him in or execute him later for all his crimes?
>>
>>318758726
When you're possessed it's not your fault. You're nothing more than a doll. Ultimecia paid the price for her crimes through her death. It's completely different to Beatrix who had free will at all times and simply chose to be a mass murderer.
>>
File: Meliadoul.jpg (171 KB, 800x869) Image search: [Google]
Meliadoul.jpg
171 KB, 800x869
>>318758638
I simply appreciate the purity of a woman who guards her chastity with armor, succulent full plated armor. Who's sword skills Shellburst Stabbed my heart.
>>
File: handy.png (795 KB, 647x463) Image search: [Google]
handy.png
795 KB, 647x463
>that hand
>>
>>318752343
underrated blow out
>>
>>318756229
i've been on /v/ since 1988
>>
File: 1435090702467.jpg (143 KB, 545x760) Image search: [Google]
1435090702467.jpg
143 KB, 545x760
>>318748418
>attempted genocide
Literally false.

She went in, got the crystal, got out. Without killing everyone in the room, or having the black mages do it for her. She operated on them hard.

Then fatfuck ruined it for everyone.

You could have made the argument for Burmecians, though, that was actual genocide on some sort of level. But even then, that was probably more down to the black mages than Beatrix or her soldiers.

>warfaring race
>gets immediately blown right the fuck out by a bunch of mindless pyromancers

Kinda mad the Burmecians caved as quick as they did.

Post more Freya, Cleyra was the last arc she was relevant.
>>
>>318759321
who
>>
>>318759321
>warfaring race
>gets immediately blown right the fuck out by a bunch of mindless pyromancers
Their specialty is slaying dragons, not ground wars. It is funny that they got fucked by fire magic in a place where it literally never stops raining though.
>>
>>318759321
>But even then, that was probably more down to the black mages than Beatrix or her soldiers.
Wasn't Beatrix the one in command of the mages though?
>>
She followed orders so she could keep some control of the situation. Imagine if instead of someone who would just disable the party and let them go, it was someone who just killed them. She was trying to stop things getting out of hand and minimize casualties as best she could.
>>
>>318759746
No it was Zorn and Thorn, Beatrix just lead her knights
>>
>>318759886
>trying to justify her actions this hard
Doesn't she literally taunt you about it while she does it? Either way she's still a horrible character that was obviously written by a waifufag.
>>
>>318757893
>tfw Yuropoor
>Can get 100/100 every single time
Feels good
>>
File: 1435090493330.jpg (148 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1435090493330.jpg
148 KB, 900x675
>>318759746
In Cleyra, to a degree. Enough for her to make some kind of low-casualty surgical strike with literal killing machines. Burmecia, she was in command of her knights, and she was buttmad because she reckoned she could get shit done without the black mages.

I think she was questioning all of that shit from start to finish, now it's coming back to me. The needless treebomb softened up her faith in the Queen enough for the sight of Garnet to snap it completely.
>>
>>318760212
She talks down to you while you're fighting her. After the treefags get Odin'd she feels guilty about it and asks the Burmecians to forgive her, so obviously she's taking the burden for it whether or not she technically pulled the trigger.
>>
>>318760252
>can't get Excalibur 2 without cheating though
feels naughty
>>
File: 1445740326404.jpg (22 KB, 404x304) Image search: [Google]
1445740326404.jpg
22 KB, 404x304
>>318757893
>>
>>318753090
>IX is tippity top tier
>VII isn't even liked as much as IX or VI

When is the IX Remake?
>>
File: absolutely treason.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
absolutely treason.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>318757893
>>
>>318761396
When it gets the marketing push VII got when it was released.
>>
>>318758898
Yeah, you're definitely a prancing la la homo man.
>>
File: Is this real life.jpg (122 KB, 1700x1065) Image search: [Google]
Is this real life.jpg
122 KB, 1700x1065
>Shadow Hearts 1
>Antagonist evil actions were for the greater good and he explains in detail what will happen if he doesn't act. MC understands but decides to fight anyway, both agree that whoever wins, will carry on the deceased's will and hold no regrets whatsoever.

>Shadow Hearts 2
>Antagonist is doing something for the greater good as well, explains in detail, but MC also decided to fight. Antagonist accepts and even say that MC is a good friend and that their fight is due different beliefs.

Shadow Hearts series felt so off for a JRPG, the villains were actually understandable.
>>
>>318761603
Just kill yourself. FFVII sold more because it's a better game.

>>318753090
Fucking V fags need to die. They're a cancer.

V is shit. Shit.
>>
>>318761758
>Denial of facts

Mate, VII got pushed really hard. It sold more because it made sure it was in the spotlight.
Sales don't speak for quality. Just look at the gaming industry today.
>>
>>318761396
>VII isn't even liked as much as IX or VI
Yeah nah.
>>
>>318748418
How does she fight with no depth perception?
>>
>>318761758
V is 4th on the list. It's hardly taking the place of your favourite. Plus it's legitimately good.
>>
>>318761997
Sales are highly correlated with quality, and VII is a better game than IX by any standard, regardless.
>>
>>318762148
V is a forgettable, bland piece of shit. I can forgive V, however. What I can't forgive is V fags.

What kind of a pathetic faggot do you have to be to like the non-storyline game in a storyline series the best? Fuck off with that hipster faggotry.
>>
Die hard for best final fantasy
>>
>>318749769
But if Quina uses White Wind at 1hp you only get 1hp back
>>
>>318752858
too obvious dude, you need to refine your baiting, it's way too heavy handed to be plausible.
>>
>>318761690
Jealous of my patrician tastes I see
>>
>>318762297
It's got a storyline, it just doesn't take it seriously. In addition, it's has a small but excellent cast of characters and one of the best job systems in the series. God forbid people enjoy the gameplay in a video game.
>>
File: abu21ti.jpg (47 KB, 450x400) Image search: [Google]
abu21ti.jpg
47 KB, 450x400
I want Beatrix to smother my face with her huge tits and then force me to suck them for her pleasure.
>>
File: 1439696235443.jpg (291 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1439696235443.jpg
291 KB, 560x560
>>318762608
>>
>>318762297
>muh story
>>
File: 1435090270468.jpg (178 KB, 550x800) Image search: [Google]
1435090270468.jpg
178 KB, 550x800
>>318762210
Stats?
Because it wasn't because it didn't run it's 3D trailer on TV and at the movies as much as it could, and stuck it's face on the side of as many train and bus it could shove it, right?

Coverage gets sales. Period. That's why they pull this shit today.

>>318762297
There's always one guy like this, and it's always a VII fan.
>>
>>318762632
Tactics has the best job system in the series. That isn't up for debate.

The cast of V is terrible. They all stop being characters midway through and have no development.

>>318762675
Kill yourself, hipster. Don't play a storyline series if you don't enjoy stories. If I want gameplay, I'll go play Dark Souls. If I want a good storyline, I play Final Fantasy.
>>
>>318748418
purging furscum is never wrong
>>
>>318762297
IV's popularity confuses me, but I just chalk it up to nostalgia.
V's "job" system is lightyears ahead of IV's bland as fuck "maybe learn something when you level, fixed classes" system, and the overall charm makes up for it's story shortcomings in comparison to IV.
>>
>>318762802
>There's always one guy like this, and it's always a VII fan.
No, we are all like this. It's you V faggots who are the cancer, shitposting in every thread.

Take the hint. We don't want you here. You will never get e-penis for liking the obscure game in the series. Never ever.

>MUH ADVERTISING
How much of a deluded faggot do you have to be to believe this? VII was innovative and just a masterpiece altogether. There is no reality where IX could have outsold it.
>>
>>318757515
>zodiac spear
You know that way of getting it only exists outside of Japan, right? Otherwise you have a 1/100 chance of the chest spawning and a 1/100 chance (WITH diamond armlet ONLY) of getting the zodiac spear, in one room of the mines. Fuck that.
>>
>>318762923
>IV's popularity confuses me, but I just chalk it up to nostalgia.
It's a quality game with interesting characters, a compelling story, 10/10 music, and fun gameplay. And it's at least a little harder than V, which could be played in your sleep.
>>
>>318762820
>Tactics has the best job system in the series. That isn't up for debate.
I never said it wasn't. I simply said that V has one of the best in the series, and that's a fact. At the time of release it was the best job system.
>The cast of V is terrible. They all stop being characters midway through and have no development.
Opinions.
>>
>>318750270
Someone didn't play X-2
>>
>>318748418

The winners decide what war crimes are baby, USA USA USA
>>
>>318762965
>Take the hint. We don't want you here. You will never get e-penis for liking the obscure game in the series. Never ever.
If people wanted to do that then they'd wank all over II.
>>
>>318763059
Plus their all female army is way better than 9's
>>
>>318763336
Who's we?
>>
File: 1435089570729.jpg (282 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
1435089570729.jpg
282 KB, 2000x1125
>>318762965
Nobody got massively aggressive and went around telling people to kill themselves because they preferred a different iteration of the same series before you arrived, m8.

>Take the hint. We don't want you here
What "we"? Or do you simply mean "you"?

>You will never get e-penis for liking the obscure game in the series
I know that's the kind of thing you like, but some of us just came here to have a short lived chat about the moral implications of Cleyra and Burmecia and how Beatrix got off pretty damn lightly. Because that shit's mildly interesting.

Everything you're saying is 1/10 at best, because you don't really have anything interesting to say.

>VII was innovative
Uh huh. Breath of Fire wasn't doing the same shit 4 years prior.
>>
>>318763614
I didn't say we.
>>
>>318763059
I like IV more than V but it is not the more difficult game. V's bosses are much more difficult (the crystals fight, for example) without extreme preparation. In IV you can fight every battle and do just fine against bosses - until you reach the moon and need to level from 50 to basically 70 before you can take down the final boss. The DS version of FFIV is difficult, but even Proto-Babil isn't as irritating as Neo Shinryu in FFV Advance.
>>
>>318763674
Yes you did.
>>
>>318760459
Skip most of the game's sidequests, literally the best part, all to get a sword for Steiner, in a game where it's easy you literally don't need it for anything but bragging rights.
>>
>>318763719
That was a quote. That's why it's in green.
>>
>>318755898
Well when you think about it, cecil was leading the red wings led the charge to mysidia.

It's clear that cecil atoned for what he caused and became a paladin. Beatrix however never did a thing to atone for her crimes, and her ruler wasn't an ACTUAL monster in disguise.
>>
>>318763826
Beatrix is also a Paladin, but she doesn't fall?
>>
>>318763682
V is not hard by any definition. I never died once. I never leveled up. It was a straight playthrough start to finish.
>>
>>318763905
When does it mention she's a paladin?

Last I recall she just led the alexandrian knights. I suppose there's no need for becoming when if you hadn't fallen, but she could have done something, anything to at least help the cause. Hell, making her a party member and having a thing happen between her and freya could have been enough.
>>
>>318763821
Right, so you said it. Who is we?
>>
>>318764123
Her spell list indicated as much. Cura, Life, and her offensive spells had lightning and maybe holy. Can't quite remember.
>>
>>318748418
Reparations to whom? There are like 5 rats alive and have all gone in different directions, all the others are dead. Besides, Beatrix was just a soldier who followed orders during war, it wasn't her responsability.

>>318751376
There are no Jews on Gaia.
>>
>>318764101
>V is not hard by any definition.

Wrong. If you define hard as easy it is hard. It would be a contradictory definition, but a definition none the less, so saying any definition is wrong.
>>
>>318764123
Gameplay wise she fits the Final Fantasy definition of the Paladin class. She might not be mentioned as one, but purely from a perspective of gameplay she is one.
>>
>>318764101
I find it hard to believe you managed the crystals fight and the twintania fight without any preparation but you obviously didn't even try to fight Omega or Shinryu - which, by the way, Omega is encountered in the final dungeon and needs only to touch your pixels to force you into combat. You either purposely avoided the fight or got wiped and forgot about it, then ignored it, because there's no way to walk into that fight unprepared and win. You're full of shit, anon.
>>
File: Tot_FFIX_Art.jpg (110 KB, 438x415) Image search: [Google]
Tot_FFIX_Art.jpg
110 KB, 438x415
>>318764337

>implying
>>
>>318758325
i forgot how BAD those CGI's where
>>
>>318764101
>not hard
>first FF game to include superbosses
>>
>>318750098
>Beatrix
>proto-Lightning
END YOURSELF FUCKER
>>
>>318764865
Lightning is just a better, more interesting Beatrix so Proto-Lightning sounds correct.
>>
>>318765082

Ashe was Yuna turning into Lightning
>>
>>318765269
Ashe and Yuna are not similar, Ashe is actually interesting.
>>
>>318750476
>with absolutely no repercussions whatsoever

she ended with white *tips helment* knight steiner, that is worse than death
>>
>>318763721
Or you could just let the in game clock tick over about 12 times and it'll go back to white.
>>
>>318765269
They all have nothing in common.
>>
>>318755060
It's a common fact she is. Zidane, Freya and Fratley acknowledge this aswell prior to fighting her.
>>
>>318764398
>>318764123
Also her sword Save the Queen is descripted as "holy paladin sword."
>>
File: 1371258396736.jpg (21 KB, 379x279) Image search: [Google]
1371258396736.jpg
21 KB, 379x279
>>318765424
she married the best guy in the game, how is that punishment?
>>
But Beatrix didn't actually kill anyone during the Cleyra attack. Nor did her soldiers.

It was just the Black Mages that genocided everyone.
>>
>>318758313
It has a bigger impact if you know you could have but failed to.
>>
File: Vivi.jpg (126 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Vivi.jpg
126 KB, 1024x768
>>318764668
The FMVs weren't THAT bad.
>>
File: 1433445989552.gif (410 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
1433445989552.gif
410 KB, 221x196
>>318766072
>about to object
>wait
>mfw he really is the best guy

...Holy shit.
>>
File: 662428-ff9_steiner_1024x768.jpg (375 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
662428-ff9_steiner_1024x768.jpg
375 KB, 1024x768
>>318766072
>mfw reading this comment
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 120

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.