[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have these fucks ever made a good game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 10299348.png (5 KB, 454x304) Image search: [Google]
10299348.png
5 KB, 454x304
Have these fucks ever made a good game?
>>
Not really.
>>
File: DJ_Max_Fever_Coverart.png (189 KB, 256x440) Image search: [Google]
DJ_Max_Fever_Coverart.png
189 KB, 256x440
>>318748387
>>
>>318748387
They've only made one game. About driving. There was a single waifu in it.
>>
>>318748565
>>318748387
>>318748417
>>318748529

They make a shitton of bloodsucking MMO though.
>>
File: Korean school.png (474 KB, 1246x1558) Image search: [Google]
Korean school.png
474 KB, 1246x1558
>>318748387
>>
I went to Korea for a few weeks and expected to find a decent video game culture there. All I could find were mobile games and people playing LoL in netcafes.

Actually made me really depressed, because it felt so clearly reduced to completely thoughtless timewasting. No passion in it at all, just something to keep you occupied when you're not at work or school.
>>
>>318748387
They only play PC MMOs because they hate Japs and don't want their consoles and games
>>
>>318748387
They make virtual treadmills that make their publishers a lot of money.
>>
>>318748387
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvRJIYuLp0w

Eol's a pretty nice platformer, too bad it crashes a lot for me.
>>
>>318749676
Not really. They actually buying a lot of jap games.
>>
>>318748387
Korean is unable to make good game even when all of their game is ripoff the mechanic from Jap game
>>
>>318749318

sounds nice, korea seems to be the most normal asian country
>>
>>318750154
They're obsessive with plastic surgery
>>
Dragon Nest is a pretty fun action game MMOshit aside, there's more emphasis on player skill and mastering the combat system and movesets of each character than gear grind. Same with Vindictus, although the MMO bit of that game is pretty sucky, and not anything like its predecessor which felt more like a life sim in some aspects than a typical RPG.

RO of course is the classic, despite being grindshit.
>>
>>318749318

I was backpacking in China a few years ago, and visited an internet café there. It was pretty crazy, these dudes looked like they hadn't slept at all, smoking constantly and playing this weird WC3 dota map based on chinese mythology.

If you want to see some shit, visit China.
>>
>>318748387
Conquer Online
>>
>>318750463
You mean the rape of nanking online?
>>
>>318750154
If you think being a workaholic is a good thing, sure.

Personally it kills me inside to see children and young adults waste away their lives studying so they can get into one of the top universities and eventually be hired by one of the big companies, like Samsung or Hyundai, who promise security to them in return for working there for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>318750505
REVER FOREST TRE RAPE OF RANKING
>>
>>318748387
sadly, all asian countries outside japan dont have a legit videogame industry, and will do. they only make shitty phone games that are mostly rip off and f2p crap on PC. the reason is because of pirating.
>>
Wasn't Korea supposed to rock the game industry this decade

Also what happened to K-Pop, it seems like people have actually managed to shut up about that crap
>>
>>318748387
I always liked Iron Blood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry9io7umtmk

I can't think of anything notably that came out of Korea in the past decade though. I think I've seen more North Korean games than south ones.
>>
I heard you need to pay a high yearly fee to the government if you want to sell a game in Korea. Because of that you can't sell a flat single cost game like anywhere else, you need to make sure it's F2P with some micro-transactions in order to keep making some revenue to cover that cost.

Though I admit I only heard this through hearsay.
>>
I love Korea and I wish the government would back their game studios better so they could make games about my favorite idol Lee Hyung Park! Lee Hyung Park Hwaiting!
>>
>>318751584
Most likely true. Samsung basically runs South Korea and they're basically the government. Their industry is only favourable to online games. They're mostly about games for the sake of filling in time.
>>
>>318751584
That would explain why I could only find places selling secondhand games.
>>
Just got Superbeat Xonic and it's really good, like probably the best rhythm game on the Vita and there are a fuckload of them out there
>>
>>318751584
they dont have a console/pc market and a tradition related to those to begin with. like slavic countries. if they sold games for consoles or 3ds, no one would buy it. also pirating games there is a thing and more awful than you might think.
>>
>>318750091
>implying creative bankruptcy
>>
>>318751223
>Wasn't Korea supposed to rock the game industry this decade
huh?
>>
>>318750154
they heard that japanese people kept killing themselves, and since they can't let japanese people be better than them at anything, they now have the second highest suicide rate in the world

congrats corea
>>
Ragnarok Online you dorks
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.