[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hope a vast majority of people made a sensible decision and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: SSB4[2].jpg (112 KB, 567x310) Image search: [Google]
SSB4[2].jpg
112 KB, 567x310
I hope a vast majority of people made a sensible decision and Sakurai doesn't regret doing this.
>>
File: 129692464564.jpg (15 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
129692464564.jpg
15 KB, 320x287
>no one you want will get in
>>
>>318743516
>smash fans
>sensible decision
kek, you know very well that sakurai will probably just scrap the horrible results and choose the character by himself
>>
>>318743516

>Popularity contest
>Not a recommendation pitch ballot

Sakurai will add whoever he fucking wants. The ballot was to show him your character preference.
>>
>>318743516
>vast majority
>sensible decision
Literally impossible.
>>
there's a new ballot?

where?
>>
>>318743516
If anything I fear the votes were too sensible/boring since people were voting for characters that have already been in the game or D list nintendo characters
>>
>>318744376
Stop using the internet to gauge for votes.
>>
>>318743516
Nintendo never said the ballot would have a winner or that the top votes would be guaranteed to get in regardless of feasibility. They straight up said they'd "consider" the results. Don't be fucking dense.
>>
>>318743516

I am genuinely curious what your preference(s) are/were. Aside from 4th-party characters, every vote qualifies and are acceptable in their own right.
>>
>>318744482
>stop using the internet to gauge for votes for an internet poll
>>
>>318745616
>he thinks only people who post at forums and discussion boards vote
>>
I hope the ballot 'winner' is someone who actually gets in because their popularity helped convince Sakurai. Lots of characters are 'irrelevant' or 'old' or 'dead franchise' but if there's a million votes for em (filtering out the obvious mass spam votes) then they'e clearly well liked enough that they'd sell.

I just don't want the winner to be something like Inklings when they'd get in Smash 5 as newcomers anyways. I want a character who wouldn't otherwise get in.
>>
>>318746538
At least with inklings you're getting something that otherwise wouldn't be on this game, what will make me mad is shit like wolf that would be released soon or later anyway
>>
I am more mad at people making up their own expectations.

You got faggots thinking Sakurai must be showing something that will top Cloud as though he said something like that.
>>
>>318746886
>Wolf
I fucking hope not. What a boring fucking choice.

I just hope the next round of characters are mostly newcomers, not veterans.
>>
>>318743516
Solid Snake
>>
>>318747061
>>318746886
>implying they would bring him back automatically

they're gauging interest, and again, the poll isn't some sort of concrete shit, it's just a gauge

>implying the most unique out of all the supposed clone character doesn't deserve to return
>>
>>318747140
>giving a shit about Wolf as a veteran
>not Snake
kek
>>
>>318747249
I want both anon, but come on, we're talking about something owned by Konami here.

As much as I want Wolf and Snake recreating D-Dog moments, I am in pain.
>>
I voted for vyse from skies of arcadia so if he get's in your welcome.
>>
>>318746886
Not adding Wolf as a non-ballot DLC character would be a stupid move. He'd be easy to add like Lucas or Roy while still getting lots of sales.
>>
>>318743516
I'm guessing it'll either be another veteran, another generic sword character, or another JRPG character. Either way, I'm not getting hyped for it But I know I'll be disappointed regardless.
>>
See, here's the problem, you guys are putting things in his mouth even though there's no precedent.

Why are you guys assuming the ballot has a "winner"? Why are you guys putting veterans towards it?
>>
>>318747807
>Why are you guys assuming the ballot has a "winner"?
Because not using the ballot in some measure as a basis for an added character would make the whole thing a waste of time. The way I see it, any character whose creation is positively influenced by the ballot can be considered a ballot 'winner'.

Say if character A and B (and C and D and E etc) were considered, and looking at the ballot showed more ideas and popularity for character A leading to them being added. Even if the ballot just tips the scales in their favor it'd count.
>>
>>318748085
But that implies there's only 1 winner. With the way how they worded it, they can end up picking more than one from it, not necessarily the one who topped.
>>
I voted for Thunder from Killer Instinct
>mfw he'll never be in smash.
>>
KAME
>>
HAME
>>
>gaijin indie characters
>indie characters at all
>sensible
>>
gIVE ME KROOL!!!!!!!!
>>
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
I await the Shittaefag tears with righteous anticipation.
>>
l really want K Rool or lnkling but l think lnking is better off saved for Smash 5
>>
>>318749207
Same with shovelfags
>>
Just like "May the best man win", may the best characters win.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.