[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im thinking about getting bloodborne but all the time im hearing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10
File: maybe.jpg (301 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
maybe.jpg
301 KB, 1200x675
Im thinking about getting bloodborne but all the time im hearing how crappy the fps and gameplay are and how it sucks. What are your toughts on bloodborne?
>>
>>318737701
I couldn't get past the first boss. Fought him twenty times, gave up and moved on to another game.
>>
>>318737701
So you have a ps4, and you didnt get bloodborne. Why did you get a ps4 then?
Also, framerate issues are as they are on most ps4 games, gameplay depends on taste.
I've been a souls fag since DaS and like BB a lot, finished the game twice and now thinking of getting that dlc.
>>
>>318738035
I got ps4 for disgaea 5 and i fucking love dark souls 2
>>
>>318738152
Expect less build variation but better mechanics, imo
>>
>>318738307
yeah this. don't expect a billion weapon and armor sets but the gameplay itself is great
>>
>>318737701
It's fantastic, and the DLC is fantastic as well.

It's not worth a PS4 on its own.
The only other PS4 that are even remotely interesting that are out are Tearaway Unfolded and Infamous: Second Son which are both super casual experiences.

I would wait for Persona 5 or FF15 which ever one releases first.
I think another interesting Vita port called Gravity Rush will be out by that time.
>>
>>318737701
>im hearing how crappy the fps and gameplay are and how it sucks.
You're getting memed on.
>>
File: 1447814210386.png (305 KB, 534x486) Image search: [Google]
1447814210386.png
305 KB, 534x486
>>318737778
>being that much of a shitter

>>318737701
The fps drops only in one or two very specific places and it's only for a few seconds. And who the fuck told you the gameplay sucked ? It's a lot faster and aggressive than DaS and now I can't go back because it's so much fun
>>
File: delivery.png (11 KB, 236x294) Image search: [Google]
delivery.png
11 KB, 236x294
>>318738035
>So you have a ps4, and you didnt get bloodborne. Why did you get a ps4 then?
Shit like this amazes me.

Like I usually figure the "literally only Bloodborne" shitposting is just that, exaggerated shitposting, but then it's things like this that show people actually think like that.

I mean okay, if Bloodborne is the only PS4 game you're personally interested in, that's fair. But are you seriously incapable of understanding the concept that maybe some people are interested in something else on the platform? Are you genuinely that stuck up your own ass?
>>
Shit enemy variety.
>>
>>318738665
Bloodborne is literally the only game on PS4 though.
>>
>>318738660
I asked a friend of mine irl about bloodborne and thats what he told me. I guess ill go fuck him up a little bit then for lying like a fucktard
>>
File: 1448814504346.png (289 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1448814504346.png
289 KB, 700x500
>>318738818
If you like From games you should not go past it, but if it's your first, maybe you won't like this type of game because it's still a special and difficult expericence, but it's definitely rewarding, and a great experience, cinematic and gameplay wise.
>>
>>318739042
I liked the first 2 dark souls games alot and cant wait for the third. Thats why im asking about bloodborne. I keep hearing its similiar to souls so im interested but not sure.
>>
>>318738665
Relax man, although these is some truth in it, I'm just having a laugh.
But thing is, if you get a ps4, i can see little reason not to get BB along with it.
>>
>>318739229
Bloodborne is a melee-focused DaS1 with quickroll and a different setting.
>>
File: 1437988676324.png (104 KB, 540x675) Image search: [Google]
1437988676324.png
104 KB, 540x675
>>318739229
Then go for it. There's no question
>>
>>318738665
So are you some third party asscrack or are you the guy the question was directed at. What do you have on your PS4?
>>
Thanks to everyone for the helping hand. Ill be picking up bloodborne soon.
>>
>>318737701
There are FPS dips, but it's in like two places in the game and only lasts for a few seconds. It's perfectly fine any other time.

I'm not even big into the Souls series, and I enjoyed Bloodborne enough to get Platinum.
>>
>>318739538
you're a bitch who can't form your own opinions.
>>
>>318738665
I don't play third party games on my PS4. Literally the only games I have on it are Onechanbara Z2, Bloodborne and FF Type-0. Two of those are exclusives. There's nothing else interesting on the system that you can't already play on PC.

Remasters don't count.
>>
>>318739676
I havent tried the game so i dont really know anything about it so im just asking for advice. No need to get hostile over nothing
>>
>>318737701
It's my second favorite Souls game (behind DaS). I'm a sucker for Lovecraftian horror stuff, and the gameplay is a fresh twist on the Souls formula.
As far as performance issues, I have encountered many. The framerate drops occasionally when there's tons of shit going on but I've never had it affect gameplay.
>>
>>318737701
>Bloodborne's gameplay
>crappy

lolwut

Let me guess, you actually take your videogame recomendations from /v/'s poorfags?
>>
>>318740197
>I have encountered many
Oops. Meant I HAVEN'T encountered many.
>>
>>318737701
on an unrelated note I recently started DS2 again and holy cow does the movement in that game feel clunky and unresponsive vs. bloodborne. I hope this changes with DS3.
>>
>>318740391

Dark Souls 3 looks very snappy but it's floaty as fuck.

The fullbright phantoms are also terrible. Nothing about the characters look good and it's a crime to go back to these shitty one color phantoms after how perfect Bloodborne's solution was.
>>
>>318740391
From what i have seen, read and heard of dark souls 3, the gameplay feels like bloodborne while the atmosphere is like the souls games. Well see what the future brings us.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 443x332
>>318739229
In that case just buy it already, it's a fantastic game.

The franerate issues are negligible, it's 30fps and remains steady, with very few spots in the game chugging as it loads a new area (there's only 1 I can remember, but there might be a few other locations that dip for a second or two), there's no area like Blighttown where it sucks for a whole level.

Oh, and backstabbing a specific enemy during thier "powerup" animation will tank the franerate to about 10, but that's not a common occurrence, 99% of the time it runs smooth.

Gameplay is subjective but it's almost universally regarded as excellent.

It's like Dark Souls but much faster paced and with more moves (each weapon has, on average about different 16 attacks) and the game encourages and rewards a very aggressive playstyles.

Level design and art direction are both 10/10, of you are used to top tier PC graphics, you might find something to complain about but in my opinion it looks very good technically.

Other memes you may have heard
> 6 weapons!

Completly false, 15 primary weapons in base game and 11 more in the DLC (you should really buy the "complete" edition), plus a bunch of off hand weapons (mostly guns) and "Hunters Tools" (aka Magic).

> It's super short, 6 hours LMAO

Again, false. It is probably a bit smaller than DaS, but not by much. My first playthrough took me 60 hours. If you only do mandatory content you'll skip half the game, not even Hyperbole 50% of the areas and bosses are optional.

Personally it's my favourite "Souls" game, I'm not garuntee ing it will be yours, but if you enjoyed Dark Souls and own a ps4, not buying Bloodborne is inconceivable.
>>
>>318740510
No, the phantoms were probably the best thing to keep in Dark Souls 3
I didn't really like the glowing blue, purple or red characters in Bloodborne. I didn't like the death spectres or the "illusion" phantoms at all. It doesn't make sense for that world, as a returning feature they're fine, but they would have needed to be visually different or something. It could've been worse, but I just didn't like how Bloodborne did it.
>>
>>318740654
That was very informative, thank you alot. Does complete edition mean the goty edition or is there a completely different thing called complete edition? Im going to order goty edition soon.
>>
>>318737701
the gameplay is great, the build variety is pretty bad, especially early on. most of the time your builds wont differentiate at all till late game.

mixing and matching outfits is problematic too, since everything tends to blend together, making it hard to get a good unique look going.

the FPS isnt too bad, theyve patched both it and the loading times, but often the FPS will still tank during coop.

if you already have a PS4 though, and liked the souls games, get it. its very much more of the same formula, just slightly different.

the DLC was good too
>>
>>318739391
>last 3 frames
Always gets me.
>>
>>318740997
Yeah it's either called GOTY or "Bloodborne: The Old Hunters edition"

There's only 1 DLC (that was well worth it) so any version that says it includes the DLC is good.
>>
>>318740654
>Again, false. It is probably a bit smaller than DaS, but not by much. My first playthrough took me 60 hours. If you only do mandatory content you'll skip half the game, not even Hyperbole 50% of the areas and bosses are optional.
its way shorter than DaS. and no shit, in DaS, half the bosses were NOT optional, which is why it went on longer. if the main game devoid of optional shit is so short, then theres a problem. I shouldnt have to also grind chalice dungeons just go get more bosses.

id say bloodborne is about hlaf the length of DaS,
>>
File: 27204621853791.jpg (127 KB, 1040x585) Image search: [Google]
27204621853791.jpg
127 KB, 1040x585
>>318740946

Nigga there is no way in hell you can defend monochromatic FULLBRIGHT eye cancer that looks like it was made in paint against Bloodborne's subtle lighting changes. Like, jesus christ, how the fuck can you think that looks better than pic related? Dark Souls 3's phantoms have zero integration whatsoever to the ambience.
>>
>>318741270
Ok, thank you.
>>
>>318741345
Good, hopefully that will discourage people from using online.
>>
>>318737701
If it's just Bloodborne you're getting, it's not worth it. It might be though if it's you're first Souls game cause it might take a while for you to complete it plus the dlc.

Like others said wait for Uncharted 4, FFXV, Persona 5 or Last Guardian, I'd say mid next year would be a great time to get a PS4, this is coming from a huge PS fan just saiyin.
>>
File: 45786237892.jpg (68 KB, 499x474) Image search: [Google]
45786237892.jpg
68 KB, 499x474
>>318741317

He's not talking about chalice dungeons when he means that you retard. He's talking about things like the Upper Cathedral Ward, Cainhurst, Hemwick Charnel Lane, Moon Presence, Laurence, actually the ENTIRE dlc as well, Darkbeast Paarl alongside the pre-ritual Yahargul and things like that. There are entire areas and bosses that are hidden but if you just explore you'll find them.

Are you gonna tell me that secrets in a game are a bad thing? That rewarding exploration is bad? Was Ash Lake or Painted World of Ariamis a problem to you as well? Give me a fucking break.
>>
>>318741317

Also, you're full of shit when you say that Bloodborne is half the length of DaS, jesus christ, you're not even trying anymore.
>>
>>318741387
I got a ps4 only for disgaea 5, kingdom hearts 3 and persona 5 since the ps4 version will be better than ps3 version. I will get bloodborne since im completely hooked on dark souls.
>>
File: 1421255467891.png (72 KB, 726x590) Image search: [Google]
1421255467891.png
72 KB, 726x590
>>318741385
>>
>>318741387
How is it not worth it when 2016 is literally less than 4 weeks away and that's when there's gonna be a nonstop stream of big releases for the ps4, including everything you menionted, for the entire year? He might as well get it now while the online is thriving and fresh as fuck since the DLC's just come out. If he waits 4 months for example then the vast majority of the community will already have jumped ship to dark souls 3 for example and it will make the entire experience much less fun. Bloodborne is a fantastic game and I don't think it's worth losing any of it over a few completely negligible months.
>>
>>318741727
>Disgaea 5
Neat, one of the best Disgaea since 3 imo.

D5>D4>D3.
>>
>>318737701
The fps is fine in BB. I mean it's nowhere near 60fps but it's stable and perfectly playable 99% of the time.

The real problem with the game is the fucking awful camera and lock-on which shits itself whenever fighting a large boss (which is 90% off the bosses in BB).
>>
>>318741345
Dark Souls 3 has only been seen in a Technical Test.

It's VERY possible that the colour of phantoms will be altered by release.

>>318741385
This doesn't even make sense. Why would you want less people online? If you dislike online mode, play offline and the number of people online won't affect you, if you are playing online the bigger the population the better.
>>
>>318741957

You're exaggerating the camera issues a bit imo. It's really only a true problem when fighting Bloodletting Camerabeast or Ludwig.

As for the FPS, Old Town legitimately has some problems but nothing really important.
>>
>>318742049
>Dark Souls 3 has only been seen in a Technical Test.

I know, that's why I mentioned fullbright paint-tier phantoms because that's how they looked on the test.

>It's VERY possible that the colour of phantoms will be altered by release.

Not at all, why would you expect them to completely redo effects and lighting for the characters when the game is already done? They've never done anything of such aside from the heavy downgrade of dark souls 2 before and I see no reason to assume they are suddenly gonna implement Bloodborne's solution when they've just showed what they've already done three times before with the 3 Souls games.

Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 had tests and the phantoms looked exactly the same as well.
>>
>>318742060
>It's really only a true problem when fighting Bloodletting Camerabeast or Ludwig.
and Cleric Beast
and Ebrietas
and Vicar Amelia
and Amygdala
and Mergo's Wet Nurse
and One Reborn

It'd be easier to list the bosses the camera doesn't fuck itself on in this game.
>>
>>318741317

DS1 really falls apart after Ornstein and Smough, BB has no dips in quality when it comes to content, so even if it is half the length of other souls games it's way more polished and satisfactory to play.
>>
>>318737701

Framerate complaints are true. Gameplay is great and whoever told you otherwise is a fucking faggot.
>>
>>318741317
OP don't read this, actual spoilers.

Mandatory areas and bosses of Bloodborne (aka quickest way to credits)

Central Yharname, Cleric Beast, Father Gascoigne. Cathederal Ward, unlock gate with key that's avalbile for purchase after Cleric Beast, Vicar Amelia. Forbidden Woods, Shadows of Yharnam. Byergonworth, Rom. Yarhagul, The One Reborn. Lecture Building Second Floor. Nightmare of Mensis, Michalosh, Wet Nurse. Choice of two endings. Done. 7 areas, 8-9 bosses, that's being generous and counting Lecture Building as an area.

Now doing EVERYTHING

Central Yharnam, Cleric Beast, Father Gascoigne. Old Yharnam, Blood Starved Beast. Church Workshop. Cathederal Ward. Hemwick Charnel Lane, Witch of Hemwick. Hypereon Gaol, Dark Beast Paarl. Vicar Amelia. Forbidden Woods (shortcut back to Ioesfka's clinic, obtain Cainhurst summons) obtain Tonsil Stone, Shadows of Yharnam. Nightmare Frontier, Amyacdala. Cainhurst, Logarius. Byergonworth, Rom. Yarhagul, The One Reborn. Upper Cathederal Ward, Celestial Emmisionary, Eribratis. Lecture Building. Nightmare of Mensis, Michalosh, Wet Nurse. Finale with choice of 3 endings assuming you didn't screw up the side quests. That's a total of 14 areas and 17 bosses. Plus 3 areas and 5 bosses for DLC.

Sure if you only count what ABSOLUTELY has to be done, it doesn't have many areas or bosses. But you'll miss out on loads of weapons, NPCs and almost all the lore. Some of the areas that are optional are only revealed to be once you know how to progress, a first time player is almost certainly going to end up in Old Yharnam and Hypereon Gaol by pure accident.
>>
>>318738665
>But are you seriously incapable of understanding the concept that maybe some people are interested in something else on the platform? Are you genuinely that stuck up your own ass?
Maybe they are genuinely asking. Because nobody ever answers it.
they clearly own a ps4 because they played BB so they are almost literally just asking for some games.

And notice how you didn't give a single example.

Even on the wiiU I could point to like 3 games I would get if I were to buy one.
Give me a second one for the god damn ps4 you faggot.
Because it looks like we have to wait for last guardian for that one.
>>
>>318743717
I didnt get a ps4 for bloodborne ._. But i will get it at some point
>>
>>318744271
For what did you get a ps4 then?

I don't give a single shit about console wars.
I am genuinely asking because I have a ps4 sitting here and other than bloodborne I can't see a single worthwhile game.
>>
>>318744414
I got it for diagaea 5. You probably wouldnt like it though
>>
>>318744414
tlou remastered is good if you don't own it on ps3

other than that and obviously bloodborne there's no killer exclusives

but most people buy a ps4 to play multiplats on it (like me)
>>
>>318744867
Generally I like to think most people play multiplats on their pcs.

At least most people here and outside of the fifa/madden and cod audience.
>>
>>318737701
>What are your toughts on bloodborne?
It has crappy fps and gameplay and it sucks.
>>
>>318745108
no way, multiplats are too often fucked up on PC and people can't be bothered with the rigmarole to play generic games

although it's getting to the point where they're fucked up on consoles too, but at least they usually get patched quickly
>>
>>318737701
The FPS memes are mostly exaggerations

The gameplay is a lot faster than the rest of the Souls games

Don't ever let /v/ form your own opinion for you. Think for yourself and make your own goddamn opinions about it. Read around to different sites, different reviews, and maybe watch a few gameplay videos if you're unsure.

While there's less builds than any of its predecessors, it's a lot smoother and the combat is considerably more polished. It's been hard going back to the proper Souls games because of how slow they feel in comparison. These are my opinions. Go fucking make your own.
>>
>>318743149
Cleric Beast is optional as well sillyhead.
>>
>>318748589
Not him but no, he's not if you want to progress with buying the Emblem. So basically you either have to defeat Cleric Beast or Blood-Starved Beast to progress.
>>
>>318737778
What a casual.............
>>
coming off of MGSV it felt pretty bad at first but after a while it became much less of an issue.
>>
Crappy gameplay? Its the best Souls game.

FPS could be better.
>>
>>318738660
>>318749313
It took me about 15 tries but after getting the tip not to roll backwards I did him in like 2 tries.
>>
>>318738665
I wanted to buy a ps4 just to play BB... i didn't, instead i bough a master race and the delivery guy fucked up and instead of a mother board he got me an gtx970 4g.. what an asshole
>>
Am I playing this game wrong or is it not faced paced at all? You still gotta play careful and dodge/counter like in dark souls, except instead of holding l1 you press circle and if you get hit you get the option to gamble for some health back.
>>
>>318737701
The low fps makes some of the fights that require fast reaction times a bitch and the fps is even worse if you co-op. It's not ideal but it's manageable. They also patched the load times but if you're used to DaS2 load times on PC, which are nearly instant, load times will still feel too long in bloodborne.

Combat itself is serviceable, it's the camera that sucks dick if you fight some of the bigger bosses.

I'd say play it if you like the setting because that is the strongest part by far if you're into it.
>>
>>318743149
>people who properly warn about spoilers, even when everything is in spoiler tags
Didn't know people like this still existed on /v/.
>>
>>318741929
unrelated to the thread, but since this is already here...

I don't need to play the previous games to enjoy 5, right? I've played 1 and 2, thoroughly enjoyed them, somehow never got around to 3 and 4, but seriously thinking about buying 5. Yes/no?
>>
not OP, but should I buy BB and get the dlc when I've played through it a couple of times, or just get the GOTY edition and just play it all at once?

I don't know how this game handles DLC, but for example starting a new game in fallout new vegas and getting messages that A NEW AREA IS HERE really fucked up my immersion.
>>
>>318751157
From my experience, you get access to the DLC a little early, you probably won't be ready to play it when you can actually get to it for the first time. GOTY edition would be best choice, the DLC won't outright say "THERE IS A NEW AREA HERE THAT YOU PAID FOR" but you'll know when you have access to it.
>>
>>318737701
> im hearing
>crappy gameplay

This a bait thread, OP?

You certainly didn't hear that here.

Bloodborne has the best combat of the series. By miles.
>>
>>318742324
If you're locking on to fucking everything indiscriminately you really have nobody to blame but yourself. Get a grip you fucking retard
>>
>>318752279
>its my fault that From are too incompetent to implement a decent camera lock-on system
No. There's no excuse for this trash, the camera in DaS2 wasn't anywhere near this level of shit.
>>
>>318752514
You know locking on is optional, right?
>>
>>318749708
It's fast paced when compared to other souls games, but it's no devil may cry.
>>
>>318752567
You can't do dodge dashes unless you're locked on which are much more useful for maneuvering than dodge rolls are.
>>
File: bowie.gif (3 MB, 287x233) Image search: [Google]
bowie.gif
3 MB, 287x233
The DLC is hands down the best content out of ANY of the Souls/Borne games to date.
Discuss
>>
>>318740654
>vacuous rom
>his
triggered
>>
>>318752664
You can still take advantage of invisibility frame without lock on.
>>
>>318742324
>and Amygdala

Fuck that boss, man.

>play with Stake Driver
>can barely reach her arms

Also, I prefer fighting without lock in any game when fighting large monsters. Give a lot more freedom. I know a lot of people struggle with properly controlling the camera manually, but I never did so.
>>
>>318750938
Yeah, no problem.
>>
>>318753349
I don't think so.

I only found the Research Hall area to have interesting level design. Fishing Hamlet was most disappointing since it had the simplest level design and most interesting idea that felt under utilized.
Bosses were great, except for the second phase Orphan of Kos -fight, which would have been fine if he wasn't such a huge damage sponge.
Weapons and transformations were great, but the weapons should have been in the base game since it was so lacking in those.

It's just good.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.