[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pc gaming is not dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: avatar_916e23a12c4e_128.png (16 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
16 KB, 128x128
-
-
it will die ONLY when pc piracy dies

just so you guys know; me and most Redditors game on pc only coz of piracy

>inb4 Denuvo (lol)
>>
How good is your pc and giant your manhood oh master race?
>>
PC gaming is pretty pointless in a world with pS4 and Xbone desu

all the best games come out on them and EVENTUALLY get ported to PC
>>
of course it's not dead, it's dying (for the last 15 years or so)

let's not get ahead of ourselves now
>>
>>318736926
op here. it is always dying yes
>>
>>318736908
>best games
>2015
>>
>>318736908
>best games are on xbone and ps4
No, consoles still get games with nerfed control schemes, and are still mostly limited to analogue sticks instead of using direct translation between player movement and onscreen events. Unless you count kinect lol
>>
Weird troll.
>>
File: file.png (154 KB, 500x233) Image search: [Google]
file.png
154 KB, 500x233
PC gaming itself isn't dead, but rather the identity is. PC gaming was wildly different than console gaming, in that most of the games it had were largely strategy titles and some fast paced FPSes like Quake. Now, PC is just an expensive console with none of corporate funded exclusives.
>>
>>318737137
I'm not disagreeing with you, but I actually prefer the slight inaccuracies of consoles over the pinpoint accuracy of PCs
>>
File: Z0049801.jpg (160 KB, 1024x918) Image search: [Google]
Z0049801.jpg
160 KB, 1024x918
>>318737392
This. PC gaming used to be so fucking nice in the 90s

now there's really no reason to play on PC except for nostalgia

I caved and bought Xbone last year
>>
PC gaming for most major companies is an afterthought. They will port it but almost none optimize them for those who have the bleeding edge in graphics cards. The only thing going for them is indie games but that is turning into a shit show.
>>
>>318736680
i sure hope you dont think you're any better than a redditor
>>
>>318736680
It has only begun, just wait for Linux integration with vulkan, there will be a reckoning.
>>
>>318738525
I remember when Linux was suppose to take over PCs 15 years a go. I see the dream is not dead yet.
>>
>>318738525
ahh the linux meme. only 40 year old virgins use that
>>
>>318738664
Not PC.

Gamers. It's optimized for gaming with the less bloated and custom UI for everything.

Most will still use Windows.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.