[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Entirely pvp team based >Matchmaking system of gods, never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: signup_logo2_clean.png (84 KB, 360x142) Image search: [Google]
signup_logo2_clean.png
84 KB, 360x142
>Entirely pvp team based
>Matchmaking system of gods, never pairs you up with unfair results
>See serious improvements on yourself as a player when you go back and see those who havent been playing as much, creating actual progression instead of false progression in most games
>Its free, there is no pay to win. You can pay for skins and outfits but you generally have to play to get better
>Fun roles to play
>huge satisfaction of pentakills or winning a tough fight.

why does /v/ hate this game again?
>>
>>318647635
>free-to-play but you have to grind for good characters, unless of course you want to pay for good characters
>unbalanced characters
>strict metagame
and most of all
>massive snowball effect, teams are only as good as the weakest person on them. Does not matter how good you are.
>>
>>318647635
It's the biggest grindfest ever.
>>
>>318647635
lolno
>>
>>318648060
>Players who have multiple challenger accounts did solo to challenger
Yeah right it's not you, its them.

>Strict metagame, but you can break meta whenever
Most people don't even realize why the meta exists. Each role can choose different characters and you can give it a very efficient spin or your own spin. I main ADC and I had a support Fizz and we dominated lane.

>Grind characters
Yeah I mean if you mean play the game like you would any other game, yeah it's grinding. Except it's like calling a multiplayer game which is entirely pvp a grindy mechanic.
>>
>grind thousands of games or give them thousands of dollars just so you can play every champion
>stale meta
>no "anti-fun" mechanics
>new op hero every week that is nerfed into the ground as soon as the new op champion is released
Gee I wonder why
>>
>>318648163
Think about how bad it could be. There are a lot of games out there that had 'no' matchmaking system and it ends up with very few players in it because of it, and sometimes even a dead game.

>Chivalry
>Shattered Horizon (dead because the good players picked on new people)
>Tribes Ascend

If any of these games had as complex a matchmaking system as league they would be huge.
>>
>>318648474
>new op hero every week
Kindred and Illaoi are average tbqh family
>>
>>318648474
>playing the op champ
>not being good enough to understand the op champ and stomp them into the ground

Flash does kind of suck but its necessary to have, as a lot of plays require flash on a few characters.

>>318648553
Illaoi just have to not get grabbed and Kindred is shut-downable as long as you target her.
>>
>>318648681
>A lot of plays require flash on a few characters

This is largely why I lost interest in LoL, summoner spells were originally supposed to be slight modifications to your character's playstyle that'd allow you to cover your weaknesses or enhance your strengths. Then for some reason every burst champion had to be balanced as if ignite was part of their burst, Nunu's consume got nerfed because it was stronger than smite and gave him objective control, and a couple characters had their dash ranges nerfed because they were longer than flash. So now instead of having uniquely powerful characters you just have molds of the same basic archetypes and you put the items with the highest numbers on the character with the highest numbers.
>>
>>318649135
But that mechanic would be no reason to hate the game, just thinking about the balance of the game and the mechanics is mind boggling how well it is done. The game feel is spot on.
>>
>>318647635
>making early april fools thread

I like this meme
>>
>>318649272
The balance is only "good" because they stripped everything that makes characters unique, which actually makes the balance fucking awful because almost every character you can pick has another character that's just a better version of them.
>>
>>318649473
Last I checked characters were all very unique with the exception of maybe a specific champion paired up with another specific champion. But they all play pretty differently. Like I play a Nasus top, a Shaco jungle, a vayne, caitlyn, annie, thresh, katarina mid, etc etc. They all play different, even those that have the same role play different.
>>
>buggy as fuck
>balance team is absolutely retarded
>it only takes one weak link to completely fuck a team over
>>
>>318648060
>free-to-play but you have to grind for good characters, unless of course you want to pay for good characters

The points you need for characters are earned by playing the game's main objective. Grinding implies you have to do repetitive tasks to get to the actual fun part. Its like saying its to beat bosses in mario when thats the whole point.

>unbalanced characters
Pretty much. Name a game with a wide cast that isn't. It doesn't help that some characters are only OP at certail skill levels.

>strict metagame
Riot really shit the bed here.

and most of all
>massive snowball effect, teams are only as good as the weakest person on them. Does not matter how good you are.

So you're mad that a team game requires good team work to beat enemy teams? And you were complaining about unbalanced characters?
>>
>>318647635
Everytime I slightly enjoy the game again Riot releases a broken hero in order to sell it like hotcakes. Then I pretty much wait for weeks or play 5v5 with friends and we get lucky on bans and picks.

Dunkey summed up the game perfectly in his last video on it though.
>>
>>318649740
>buggy as fuck
Never have I seen a game breaking glitch in the middle of a game. Though with everyone pulling and flashing and whatnot you can get some interesting results. Not really what I would call buggy though.

>balance team
what do you mean by that? Can you elaborate? Like the matchmaking system or draft?

>only takes one weak link
It takes multiple actions and many fuck ups to ultimately lead to a loss. It may or may not be your fault but to think that one guy is responsible is retarded.
>>
>>318647635
>juggernauts
>juggernauts
>juggernauts
>fucking juggernauts
>dumbed down masteries/talents
>going the WoW route
the little fun that was in league is gone everything is getting dumbed down
>>
>>318649768
There really isn't a single character that is clearly 'wow' there is no way you can win with that character or 'that character sucks' mentality. For the most part you 'can' get countered by another character which is normal. but that's not really unbalanced, it just provides an answer to equal players.

Yes even urgot, though the shittiest champ in the game... still is relatively balanced if you think of other fighting or pvp games where there is osmething that is just much much much better.
>>
>>318649789
I saw that video. Was sad to hear him leave, he was very funny and had over 4000 games played. That's amazing to me. Heroes arent' generally broken I would say as they are unexpected. As they are a new champion. They do nerfs shortly after and they do give a 'slight' very slight advantage. But its all about the play.
>>
The model of unlocking heroes essentially kills any semblance of drafting or counterpicking or hard/soft counters

Its the same roles every time because the meta is strictly enforced
>>
>>318650201
I'm not sure you noticed but there are some serious SERIOUS learning curves that take hundreds if not thousands of games to master. Dumbed down mechanics or not it still takes a very long time to get really good because you're facing off against other players just as good as you if not better.
>>
>>318647635
>No 1v1
Takes no skill.
>>
File: 1390646078715.jpg (40 KB, 900x737) Image search: [Google]
1390646078715.jpg
40 KB, 900x737
>>318650234

But Urgot is fucking urgod-like this patch. The only champion I can easily say is complete fucking trash now is Azir.

Azir got so fucking messed up. They took his CC, damage, health, range, and is practically used as a mechanic spam character in tournaments now. I use to main him, and now he is unbelievably unplayable. Even New-Kass is better.
>>
>>318648376
Probably referring to the fact that Riot has locked down roles and stratagies. There was a time when you could do stuff like back door as tf/yi, do double jungles, or send odd ball characters mid. One of my favs was watching a singed win games by grabbing all the minion waves during early game.

Now Riot does passive/aggressive buff/nerfs like making towers stronger without minions or shiting on a champs ratios until they're only good at a particular role. They direct the game too much to keep the esport aspect going rather than let new strats grow.

>>318650234
Pretty much. The outliners tend to just be characters that are either annoying to beat or can carry a shitty team at mid elo. Haven't seen a GG at select screen since like Zed.
>>
>>318647635
>player base is incredibly toxic
>extremely strict meta
>all games play the same
>>
>>318650614
He has a lot of control around him. He can cause everyone to use their flash forcefully or turn around a game around a broken turret. he's really not trash late game nor laning phase as he pokes really hard.
>>
I just bought Bard and I'm having tons of fun. I'm still getting used to his kit, so I get flamed by my ADC every now and then. I tell them to stop flaming and apologise, or I go roam and gank other lanes and let my ADC get fucked over.
It's perfect!
>>
>Not good at game
>Guy convinces lobby to report me for feeding
>get banned

HM I WONDER WHY I DISLIKE LEAGUE OF LEGENDS, OP?
>>
>>318650721
I get this. these are valid arguments.
BUT!

Being a free game, and a low-graphic free game, you're going to attract the worst of the worst in a gaming community. A competitive game that is low-graphics and free is even worse. It's the nature of the beast when you make it easy to access. So there is no wonder it's not toxic, then again every competitive multiplayer is pretty toxic. You're just not reliant on toxic. and it's up to you as a player to keep a good attitude and have a bit of maturity when playing League.

>extremely strict meta
That is if you choose to follow the meta. You can or disregard it and make it work.

>all games play the same
they really dont. There are lots of situations where a game plays very differently or a situation happens where you don't know what to do. Once you get to around 2000 wins though you pretty much know most of the mechanics, but the point is there is quite a bit of variation in situations all the time.
>>
>>318650862
I main adc. Don't abandon your adc. Don't take their farm. Stay in front of your adc and protect your buddy.

>>318651184
They do not ban for feeding. unless you intentionally fed.
>>
File: 1445324456744.jpg (329 KB, 857x3257) Image search: [Google]
1445324456744.jpg
329 KB, 857x3257
>>318650862

Max Q, baby-sit your adc if hes actually shit, and roam like fuck.

Get Q first. Q does a huge stun and damage in lane, and is the best harrassing tool he has, along with his Meeps. Get some auto attacks in for free gold and chunks of damage. Bard has some range on him.

Also try your hardest to make early assumptions if you ADC isnt retarded enough so you can make plays by roaming. If your adc is Jinx or Kog, dont leave and baby-sit, because no escapes and general Jinx players being shit.

Also for ulting, make sure its to either initiate or catch up to someone. Dont do that stupid shit like "Maybe if I ult my adc theyll be fine!". Itll most likely never work, because travel distance is too delayed to interrupt APC's burst most of the time. Enemies only, and only to catch up or initiate.
>>
>>318651389
>They do not ban for feeding unless you intentionally fed

What, so they magically know if a lobby is lying when they say I intentionally fed?
>>
>>318647635
You forgot one:

>boring.
>>
>>318647635
>boring game
>takes almost an hour to finish one match
>a good chunk of the game is trying not to fall asleep while fighting brainless mobs or traversing the map
>characters that are literal clones of other characters but are just better (annie/ahri off the top of my head)
>every character falls into one of four archetypes that all basically do the same things
>no mechanical skills or real thought required to play, outcomes of matches and engagements mostly based on how well you know each of the needlessly large amount characters, information that can be grinded by even the dumbest motherfucker on the planet
>community of retards like you
>people thinking its not p2w when you are immediately at a huge tactical disadvantage by not having every character available to pick from at the start
>useless progression system
>constant updates mean an actual metagame cannot develop, it is completely artificial and you idiot moba players have even raped the term 'metagame' because of this nonsense
>did I mention it is fucking boring and wastes your time?
>your teammates are given an insane amount of power to bring your whole team down thanks to the poorly designed rpg mechanics in place
>the rpg mechanics are stupid, items are 1 dimensional in depth and so is leveling
>runes are fucking stupid
>summoner spells are 1 dimensional, almost all of them are worthless
>every moba/dota clone suffers almost every single one of these problems
>>
>>318651649
well if you went 0/20 in the first 10 minutes they can kinda guess. Also they have access to heatmaps so if it looks like you're just running into towers dying it's another obvious sign.
>>
>>318647635
>one player in your team can ruin a game
>trolls have all power, in game and in lobby
>extremly toxic community
>takes ages to lvl to 30 and buy runes if you are a new player
>unbalanced as hell meta
>developers who dont care about the client or the game just want to cash in skins
>1\100 games is fun because its how often you get a proper team
Just quit while you can OP, it will save you mounths of valuable time
>>
>>318647635
>Entirely pvp team based
yet solo queue is the main focus
matchmaking is literal shit, I see challenger premades matched with sub30 players every week, the promotion system in ranked is rigged
>See serious improvements on yourself as a player when you go back and see those who havent been playing as much, creating actual progression instead of false progression in most games
the worst player decides most games, not the best, you can't 1v9 past a certain level of play
>Its free, there is no pay to win. You can pay for skins and outfits but you generally have to play to get better
it's free as in you have to grind for years
>Fun roles to play
solo lanes are fun, the rest is cancer
>huge satisfaction of pentakills or winning a tough fight
no such things as tough teamfights
>>
>>318647635
Haven't played the game since the Karma rework. I realized then that they're getting more and more mediocre at designing the game. It's what other called before "the dumbing down". Champions are losing flavor and uniqueness on the reason that Riot is pushing the game too hard into being a competitive game/e-sport. They lost the balls and the vision they had when they started out.
>>
>>318651649
they do see the actual game and can see your score man cmon.
>>
>>318647635
Most on /v/ sucks at it and blames everyone else for it so they basically turned to the old "I hate this game" meme because they suck at it
>>
>why does /v/ hate this game again?

Because Smite is better and has better waifus.
>>
>>318651854
completely agree with you, anon. anyone that loves lol here is a reddit tourist.
what games do you play?
>>
>>318651854
>Annie/ahri
>Clones
Huh?

>passive
Stun/Heal after so many spells

>q
Fire ball/multi hit ball

>w
Flame shield/damge seeking arrows

>e
Aoe/slow:taunt

>r
Aoe minion/3 dash with damage

I may have gotten some of the assignments wrong, but they don't seem the same nor play alike at all. Better example may have been Darius/Garen or the dozens of adcs.
>>
This is the least free to play MOBA out there right next to Heroes of a Shit
>Grind, grind, grind
>you can now purchase 1 character after 2 days of this
>repeat

At least Dota has the decency to unlock all heroes for everyone and doesn't give people this bullshit edge with masteries and runes

Everyone starts on the same playing field and its just your fault if your bad unless those fuckers pick tusk, wyvern, PA, or riki
>>
>>318647635
>having to grind shit like runes or champions for a long time
>having an option to pay to get immediate access to stuff you normally would have to grind
>not pay to win
Yeah, no
>>
File: 1316183048632.png (109 KB, 244x212) Image search: [Google]
1316183048632.png
109 KB, 244x212
>Matchmaking system of gods
>Its free, there is no pay to win
>Fun roles to play
>leltards actually believe this
>>
File: _3[1].jpg (9 KB, 300x166) Image search: [Google]
_3[1].jpg
9 KB, 300x166
>>318647635
>>Matchmaking system of gods

>mmr is separated from Ranked to Normals
>be silver shitter
>diamond 2 opposition

MATCHMAKING OF THE GODS

U R A S S T B H
R

A
S
S

T
B
H
>>
>>318652253
I like arena shooters and fighting games
>>318652442
did they change ahri? I don't recall her getting a heal a few years ago
>>
>>318652135
>>318651649
I don't know then. After that instance I quit for awhile, then when they were handing out free RP I tried to redeem it and I couldn't because I supposedly had a past ban. I don't know how else I could have gotten it, I didn't consistently leave matches.
>>
>>318648513
Just because it isn't as bad as other games doesn't mean it isn't shit. You can't just take a hunk of shit and say "well at least there's no corn in it, so it's godly"
>>
File: Pugna.jpg (2 MB, 2000x3085) Image search: [Google]
Pugna.jpg
2 MB, 2000x3085
Loli Pugna!
>>
>>318652759
She's always had the spellvamp effect after a couple spells, bro.
>>
>>318651792
Okay. I mean thats subjective but okay.

>>318651854
Doesnt take an hour to finish a match. Most matches end by 30 minutes in season 6.

>a good chunk of the game is trying not to fall asleep while fighting brainless mobs or traversing the map
So I guess a jungler and roaming is just nonexistant in your games?

>characters that are literal clones of other characters but are just better (annie/ahri off the top of my head)
Sure you're going to have similar characters. Theres a lot of characters. You can take one specific character and name another specific character, but all of them are generally very different from one another.

>every character falls into one of four archetypes that all basically do the same things
Sure but they all play differently again. My shaco start is totally different from a kindred or an elise.

>no mechanical skills or real thought required to play, outcomes of matches and engagements mostly based on how well you know each of the needlessly large amount characters, information that can be grinded by even the dumbest motherfucker on the planet
Ummm you just described mechanical skills.

>community of retards like you
Okay buddy salt with your salt?

>people thinking its not p2w when you are immediately at a huge tactical disadvantage by not having every character available to pick from at the start
Not everybody has every character or knows how to play every character. In fact I would say almost all players do not. You just have to play to get characters. It doesnt even take that long.

>useless progression system
Subjective. it's a game mechanic.

>constant updates mean an actual metagame cannot develop, it is completely artificial and you idiot moba players have even raped the term 'metagame' because of this nonsense
metagame can and does develop. and changes heavily every year to make it different, yet the same players seem to be at the top. Odd.
>>
>>318650528
yes there are but you cant denie the fact that everything is getting shittons simpler, also how much counterplay is there to certain champs, illaoi is a great example, you either try to dodge her tentacles and cant counterattack or you kill tentacles and get punished
>>
>>318651854
>your teammates are given an insane amount of power to bring your whole team down thanks to the poorly designed rpg mechanics in place
Nothing poor about it. Maybe poor about you... But for the most part the mechanics are extremely solid especially in a game where glitches could easily happen, yet not a single game-breaking glitch seems to be apparent with each update.

>the rpg mechanics are stupid, items are 1 dimensional in depth and so is leveling
It's designed so you can outdo other players with farming. So even if you feed you can still win if your farm is superior.

>runes are fucking stupid
Runes are just another thing to have an advantage over other players and are in no way hard to understand or figure out.

>summoner spells are 1 dimensional, almost all of them are worthless
Summoner spells are simple, but learning the mechanics and how to get the most out of your character is not. Its designed so no character is overwhelming.

>every moba/dota clone suffers almost every single one of these problems
Okay.
>>
>>318651957
>one player in your team can ruin a game
Overall however if you are good, you will rize.

>trolls have all power, in game and in lobby
People do troll in any game. it's not the fault of the game that they do that. In fact trolling is taken seriously and a bannable offense in league.

>extremly toxic community
it's toxic if you let it be toxic. If you are a positive player, you end up with better games.

>takes ages to lvl to 30 and buy runes if you are a new player
The climb to level 30 isn't even the game anon cmon.

>unbalanced as hell meta
Meta is not unbalanced. I replied to tons of people that the mechanics are so balanced it's almost impossible to truly counter someone if they're better than you.

>developers who dont care about the client or the game just want to cash in skins
They wouldn't do updates or have over 12 million players playing with skins and whatnot if they didn't care.

>1\100 games is fun because its how often you get a proper team
I think you are the toxic one anon. I have a lot more good games than that.
>>
>>318647635
New in Mobas? What's the best Moba??
>>
>>318652223
I think you're onto something anon.

>>318652225
I use porn to masturbate.

>>318652253
I hate reddit. and I'm op. I just don't follow what you guys say to a tee because often times people are either trolling/butthurt whatever I will develop my own opinions.

>>318652542
The goal is you can learn a champ... get good with them, and slowly buy a new champ. That way you actually learn your champs instead of just going from one to the next without any concept of anything. Nevermind the huge learning curve of the mechanics.
>>
>>318652679
You have an option to pay for champs. But personally I would recommend mastery of a champ before you go off and do another champ. Thats my own thought though.

>>318652741
I did notice a player did show up into normals and was a plat, explained that he never plays normals and generally does ranked. I found that pretty crazy though. Just so you know - most people play ranked and normals, or just normals. i guess it's kind of messed up, but that would be something so minor compared to how the game matchmakes you.
>>
>>318652776
I would recommend playing again. It sounds like a fluke.
>>
WHAT'S THE BEST CHAMP FOR BEGINNERS?
>not noob in this, i played Dota before...
>>
File: 1437148964854.jpg (5 KB, 250x157) Image search: [Google]
1437148964854.jpg
5 KB, 250x157
Daily reminder that items in LoL are designed to make you strictly better than you were before rather than give you more options like they should.

Also that your Heroes' strength is directly dependent on what items they have rather than their abilities and how they use them.

You will not outplay someone who has more items than you unless either A: They itemized items that literally don't help them or B: They actively don't fightback.
>>
>game is full of noskill faceroll champs that just need a couple kills and some farm and they'll shit all over you even if they're silver and you're diamond
>meta is strict and unforgiving, Riot repeatedly nerfs champions who can play outside their designed meta even if they didn't have abnormally high win rates
>also continually release utterly broken and bullshit champs and rework old champs who just needed a visual update not a goddamn rework
>also there's very little chance of a comeback if the two teams are evenly matched, as once one gets ahead they stay ahead
>literally have to be retarded and go wander off by yourself as the adc and get five manned ganked if you're six slotted and their adc is four slotted to lose
>game is just full of stat sticks, counterbuilding is essentially nonexistant beyond stacking armor, stacking magic resistance, stacking damage, or stacking crit chance
>also did I mention Riot can't balance for shit
>>
>>318652902
What I'm saying is the matchmaking is very complex and has a very wide range pairing you up with players that are generally the same as you, if not slightly worse or slightly better. Being that it would be very complicated to judge a players skill, they do a very good job matchmaking players. if the matchmaking wasn't there and you could jus tbe paired with the best of the best players, you would be very discouraged to continue playing. But because the system is there, it has a very wide player base.
>>
>>318653414
you must be one of the retards I was talking about because half of what you said either doesn't really refute what you quoted or you failed to understand what I said

>So I guess a jungler and roaming is just nonexistant in your games?
still involves grinding mobs at some point and jungling is less common than laning

>Theres a lot of characters.
pointless amount of characters when they all play identically

>but all of them are generally very different from one another.
>enemy appears
>wait for a teammate to show up to assist or for them to commit too hard
>mash your stun button
>mash your damage buttons
>every character plays this way for some reason

>Ummm you just described mechanical skills.
i dont think you understand what a mechanical skill is

>Not everybody has every character or knows how to play every character.
they do because 1) they all play the same and 2) the game is easy as fuck, and that doesn't change the fact that your options are artificially limited, which is the fucking disadvantage

>It doesnt even take that long.
avoiding the issue, are you getting paid to defend this trash game or are you being held hostage by your hours played?

>Subjective. it's a game mechanic.
not subjective I shouldn't have to earn points to get more runes and unlock more characters so I can actually play the game

>metagame can and does develop. and changes heavily every year to make it different
because of updates
>yet the same players seem to be at the top. Odd.
how is this related at all to what I said

>>318653695
you are also a retard with no reading comprehension

>glitches
who was talking about bugs?

>farming has anything to do with shoehorned rpg mechanics
so if I fall behind all I have to do is sit around and waste my time fighting boring AI

>Runes
I didn't say they were hard to figure out, I said they were stupid

>summoner spells
learning the mechanics and 'how to get the most out of your character' in a moba is not complicated
>>
>>318650397
He is playing league again.
>>
>>318647635
>developers are massive cocksuckers
>community is worse than /b/
>strict and boring metagame (you see 20 different fucking champions every 6 months in meta)
>>
>>318653537
It doesn't matter. It still requires thousands of games to really 'get good'. Seeing someone with 200 farm in 15 minutes is totally insane and almost nobody can do it. But I've seen it done and it's terrifying. And farm is just one of the many things in the game that are huge game-changers.
>>
>>318654461
To me the best moba would be the most popular one. You have more bragging rights and it means more to be good at a game that is familiar to most players. But I could imagine other games being better and not being as popular. That's fine. It's subjective. I like league though.
>>
>128 Characters in the game
>Only 6 bans

Seriously wtf, the game needs more bans, I keep seeing the same shit every single game, I just want to ban the Blind fucker so I don't have to deal with his annoying shenanigans but I can't afford letting the other team get the FOTM guys or else my team just gets ass-blasted into oblivion.
>>
>>318655560
Needs Captain's Mode desu senpai
>>
>>318655419
>>318654461
Thanks! I'll play LoL.
>>
>>318654939
Umm... any.. champ?

>>318654986
I'm assuming you're not sure what kiting is...

>>318655078
>noskill faceroll
Alright go ahead and faceroll against another player and see how you do.

>meta is strict
maybe at higher elo like gold+ or whatever. But you can successfully play a role as a character not designed for it all the time.

>no rework, broken bullshit champs
Sure but then they nerf it and balance it out. It's just for a sale. And thats fine a sthey dont stay up there that long. They are also reworking a lot of champs and have been doing that for some time.

>if one team gets ahead they stay ahead
not true. I've seen people throw games all the time especially with the mechanics of s6.

>have to be retarded to wander by yourself.
Hi theres a thing called wards and a minimap that allow you to roam freely. Just up to a skilled player to make the right call.

>stacking sucks
You can stack too, just saying. and countering someone's build takes another learning curve. It's just game mechanics.

>also did I mention Riot can't balance for shit
Relatively speaking, champs are really very balanced with how many variables involved. I mean you have champs that counter eachother but that's normal, as a champ shouldn't really be perfect against anything.
>>
>>318647635

>there is no pay2win

there is pay2notgrind.

it's just a dumbed down, watered down version of dota with all of its tedium but none of the payoff, none of the depth or complexity, and mollycoddling devs who pander to complete idiots and sissies.

it's a fucking worthless shit game.
>>
>>318647635
BadDotA2
>>
I have a question for you guys (level 12 newshit here)

Is Ardens Censor a bad item on Sona? That's pretty much the only champion I play since I only play with my friends
>>
>>318649789
It makes no sense why I can't call a faggot a faggot, when I first started playing in season 2 I got a warning before I was level 20 because I called too many people faggots and made fun of them. Because I didn't know one of the requirements was to play the game was that you were a pussy.
>>
>>318647635
the userbase is fucking garbage
its filth
>>
>>318647635
>>Matchmaking system of gods, never pairs you up with unfair results

hahahaha, oh wait you're serious... HAHAHAHAHAH

That fucking matchmaking is the sole reason why I put that game in the trash ages ago. It blows my mind that it's become as huge as it is now
>>
>>318656869
go to mobafire and read some guides. Ignore runes because you're not level 30 yet.
>>
>>318656042
Riot pls
Go fuck yourself
pls
>>
No one has mentioned the worst part. The retards that play the game have invented a new term for being mad, being 'tilted' and they act like it's a real thing and say it all the fucking time.
>>
>>318657041
So can you tell me whats wrong with it instead of just saying its bad?
>>
>>318648060

Really? I got an account to diamond with only 25 of the cheapest champions. Sounds like you need to git gud
>>
>>318657605
Not even him, I'll contribute.

>play with my brother (Bronze) and his friend (Silver)
>I'm unranked
>brother has that site open that shows your opponent's ranks
>matched up against an unranked, a Silver, two Golds and a Diamond
>get fucking destroyed at bot by the Gold duo Vayne + Leona combo
>>
>>318657978
It takes overall ELO. Not just individual, so it is possible to rank against someone very difficult. Overall though it does a very good job with pairing you up with players at your level.
>>
>>318657898
Thank you.
>>
>>318657978
There's literally no way of riot preventing this. It takes an average of your teams MMR and matches you with another team with similar MMR.
>>
File: 1322095781470.gif (3 MB, 445x247) Image search: [Google]
1322095781470.gif
3 MB, 445x247
>>318647635
I'm not even going to bother ripping apart the rest of this post, I'm too busy dying of laughter.
>>
>>318648060
being playing LoL 4 years now, I have like 80+ champs, and I mostly use 5-10. I dont hace time and patience to learn them all.
>>318647635
well I hate this fucking new poppy VA and backstory, and the fact that there is no sandbox mode for practice.
>>
>>318658247
>the other two guys on our team were silver and bronze, fuck you

Also next game we fucking roflstomped all lanes. It wasn't even fair, or challenging. I think I got paired up with people "on my level" about 1/5th of the time. The other 4/5ths of the time my team gets shitcanned or we shitcan the other team.

>>318658468
>no way they could prevent this

They could just not match bronze and diamond players together?
Or have separate unranked MMR like Valve does.
Or do fucking anything beyond this random clusterfuck of a matchmaking system that emphasizes speed over skill matchups.
>>
>>318658503
It pairs you up based on overall MMR. Most games do provide a very close skill-level game. That's why it has so many people playing.
>>
>>318649135
Rito needs to remove flash.
>>
>>318658503
see
>>318658698
Riot didn't reinvent the wheel. They just took the same matchmaking system everyone else uses and tweaked it a bit.
>>
>>318658912
Naw the matchmaking system is radically different if you really think about it. I mean on a programming sense it's totally mindboggling how they got it working as well as it does.

>>318658772
I thought this at first, but there are a lot of characters who's kit basically requires flash, if they were to remove flash it would require a serious revamping of the game character mechanics for it to continue working.
>>
>>318650717
Riot is trying to disrupt the meta actually. The duo lane Morde and the jungler adc (Kindred) are aimed at that. They even managed to reintroduce melee adc (new Fiora).
>>
>>318658664
>They could just not match bronze and diamond players together?
So I'm not allowed to play with my bronze friends because I'm too good? Besides, this only happens in unranked, ranked is divided this way.

>Or have separate unranked MMR like Valve does.
They do this. Every queue has a different MMR.
>>
>>318658772
No they don't, they need to introduce a proper fucking mobility item, like a Blink dagger.

Why do you think highly mobile champions like Nidalee, Lee Sin and Riven have been so hard to nerf? Just add a fucking no stats item slot filling mobility item. It'll fix so many problems in the game.
>>
>>318659458
you can play with your friends, just that if you're better than your friends your friends will have a hard time and it will be very easy for you. And vice versa. It's a balanced way of dealing with something difficult.
>>
>>318658698
>Most games do provide a very close skill-level game.
Maybe once you hit high platinum or whatever the highest ranking is called now, but anything lower was a shitfest of alts, carried shitters, and retards.
>>
>>318659623
That's how it is right now. I don't really know what you're arguing.
>>
>>318649995
pretty sure he means champion balance, which can be questionable some(most)times
>>
>>318650494
Morde bot, adc top, pretty much anything mid
these are barely troll picks anymore
>>
Because it's not fun. I'll enjoy maybe 1 in 5 games, that's just not good enough really. I'd say I get at least 5 hours of sheer boredom for every hour of enjoyment, at best.

Quit about a month back, feels really, really fucking good. I feel free, not addicted anymore.
>>
File: 18 - EvMiFJ4.png (165 KB, 545x516) Image search: [Google]
18 - EvMiFJ4.png
165 KB, 545x516
>>318650862
Diamond 5, roaming on Bard is honestly overrated.

His kit means he's got good roaming along with a jungler, but 9/10 times it's not worth leaving your adc alone. Your laning is honestly not too bad. Your Q and autos do a pretty sizable amount of damage, just try not to commit to a fight.

Max Q then E then W.

99/100 times, use your ult as a pseudo-stun to catch up to someone or to stun people while they're taking objectives. Don't try to do fancy shit like "I'ma ult my adc in the middle of the teamfight" because it's basically 2.5 seconds for the enemy team to reposition on top of your adc and nuke them.

Try to find calm points during the game to go out to collect chimes. You can use it as a way to replenish mana without backing. Don't spend too much time collecting chimes or you might risk getting either caught out or leaving your adc to get caught out.

Your W sustain is pretty terrible for the mana cost. Don't use it too often. Treat it like Kayle's W.

Bard bait potential is unreal. Anytime someone follows you through a portal means that you will always have a wall to stun someone to. It's equally easy to land it on two people if multiple people are following you. Use self cast W (default Alt-W) to speed yourself up and keep people after you. Don't get too crazy because you're still super squishy, but you can try to bait people into getting caught out by your team.
>>
>>318660332
Anyone remember the OG NA meta?
>AP top
>ADC mid
>Support/bruiser bot
>Manly men jungle
>>
>>318647635
/v/ is dota territory
>>
Heroes of the Storm is the best ASSFAGGOTS senpai desu
>>
>>318647635
Because it's popular, literally no other reason.
>>
>>318647635
It takes over 5k hours of playtime to get a decent amount of runes and champions. Note I said decent amount, if you want everything that you can buy with IP you will need to put in well over 10k hours into the game.
>>
2015 2016 next and people are still playing lol

incredible
>>
>>318651184
lmao im extremely toxic and trolly and have never been banned
>>
>>318651854
>annie/ahri
nigger what those are really different lmao
>>
>>318660458
I just picked up Bard, what runes do you usually use? I was trying out AS/AP runes but with only 9 armor and 12 mr I feel really squishy.
>>
>>318650494
The meta is really not as strict as it used to be. The only problem is getting your team to not flame you for it. To be honest though, unless you're in bronze/silver/gold most people will assume you know what you're doing. And if you're in bronze/silver/gold you're going to get flamed regardless of what you pick if you play poorly.
>>
File: trashgame.png (667 KB, 1098x629) Image search: [Google]
trashgame.png
667 KB, 1098x629
I quit Dota after 3k hours to play League. And I'm having a lot more fun, everything is better.

I'm with you OP.
>>
>>318647635
Because Dota 2 is better.
>>
>>318656042
>I'm assuming you're not sure what kiting is...
x fuckin' D dude.

Not everyone is ranged and you seem to forget everyone in the game has a way to close the gap. do you seriously think an ADC or Mage or anything that has no items can outplay/kill someone who has 1 or 2 more items than them.
>>
>>318664505
absolutely possible an adc can do that. I've seen it and have performed it myself. You can outdo a fed player. You can. even with gap closing a proper adc can outkite that. NOT EASY mind you. But is possible!
>>
>>318660467
It's ok. I'll reply to you out of pity.
>>
File: OP.gif (996 KB, 150x148) Image search: [Google]
OP.gif
996 KB, 150x148
>>318647635
>Its free, there is no pay to win.

>Runes
>Champions

pick one
$$$
>>
All my friends play Dota but I've always played LOL. Want to make the switch to Dota but I don't know if I can stand the delay and general clunky shit. LOL just has great flow.

Atmosphere is better in Dota though and the champs aren't as cartoonish which is good.
>>
>>318665001
>implying you can buy runes with money
>implying you need all champions to win

You should have both of your runepages decked out by level 30. If you don't, you're not doing it right. And maybe you just need to git gud with the champions you have instead of complaining about not owning others.
>>
>people actually defending lol
ASSFAGGOTS are cancer, but if you have to play one there is nothing that lol does better than Dota 2.
If you disagree you are a fucking plebian.
>>
I just play lol for the lolis, the only good thing that's left.
Specially Poppy.
>>
File: 10bux.jpg (82 KB, 641x733) Image search: [Google]
10bux.jpg
82 KB, 641x733
>>318665365
League of Legends: Where counterpicking doesn't exist!

Buy the new solo top with nuke, shield, gap closer and ult for TONS OF DAMAGE.
>>
>>318665687
kite, kite, kite, push away, kite. Characters like vayne make it very difficult to stop if they are a good kiter.
>>
>>318665687
I don't even know what you're trying to say here. Because you have no champions you can't counter pick? You really don't need to counter pick every single game. Winning lane doesn't always transition to winning game.

Besides, why not try getting good with a champion and play them into all match ups instead of being a chump and taking easy match ups every time.

And the new champion is really not that great if that's what you're complaining about. She's a pub stomper, but nothing more.
>>
>>318656934
Kek
>>
>>318656869
Ardent censor is a very situational item by champion, Sona is one of the few champions that builds it relatively consistently from my experience.
>>
What I find interesting is that this whole board ridicules others for enjoying things, on a board that was invented by a thing people should enjoy.

But you know what they say "Give an autist a mask..."
>>
I considered it to be the worst ASSFAGGOT on the market.

Then HotS came along.
>>
>>318647635
>never pairs you with unfair results
In what universe?
> Actual progression vs false progression
And yet they still have runes and masteries, which range from no effect at all to "use these" or die.

>>318647635
> no pay to win
Partially. Getting characters is paying to win. You can grind them, but it takes forever to get the ones that are actually worth anything.

>>318648060
this.

Not to mention, the characters in that game are largely sublimely boring.

>>318665632
But anon... those are shortstacks. The only loli is Annie.
>>
File: 1424326072311.png (71 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1424326072311.png
71 KB, 251x251
>>318647635
>Entirely pvp team based
Not a plus when you're matched with the mentally handicapped
No.
No.
The grind is insane
>Fun roles to play
Considering they're going back to fuck old champs and creating shit ones, no.
>huge satisfaction of pentakills or winning a tough fight.
Only if you do it all yourself.
>>
I stopped playing LoL right before Dota2 came out. Back then I used to spend as much time out of the game as I did in; looking up how to play certain champions and different item layouts, etc.

I main'd ChoGath, so I was used to working hard for make a champ work (as well as losing). Then one day, I think it was the first time Irelia was free on the weekly rotation, I picked her without reading ANYTHING about her. Not what her abilities did, what items to build, or what lane to pick. I was nervous that I was going to be a noob scrublord who would feed the whole game, but it was quite the opposite. I would literally walk up to someone, press buttons, and they would die. I couldn't believe it.

Why work hard for "actual progression" like you said, when you can just pick the flavor of the week.

I went on to realize that the LoL model is to throw out a new overpowered champ so people can buy it and feel "skillful" for a week until its nerfed into abyss. At the time, new champs used to cost around 1200, which would take maybe a week of serious playing to afford "for free." But then these OP champs started coming out and would cost 6300, every time; obvious that Riot intended on people purchasing them.
>>
File: 1443306223809.png (450 KB, 811x300) Image search: [Google]
1443306223809.png
450 KB, 811x300
>>318666997
Well, you got me there, then I'll just say that I love all the short girls in the game.
>>
>>318667547
>I went on to realize that the LoL model is to throw out a new overpowered champ so people can buy it and feel "skillful" for a week until its nerfed into abyss. At the time, new champs used to cost around 1200, which would take maybe a week of serious playing to afford "for free." But then these OP champs started coming out and would cost 6300, every time; obvious that Riot intended on people purchasing them.

Lucian, Gnar, Azir,Vel'Koz and Bard would beg to differ.

The only champions that have been godlike on release in the last year was like Rek'Sai for one or two patches and currently Illaoi, everybody else is either good/okay or not functioning as expected/bad (See Azir AI or Gnar Q's)
>>
>>318667547
Most new champs haven't been overpowered, though, at least on release. Bard, Tahm Kench, Lucian, and Azir were all considered underpowered on release, and Illaoi is considered rather mediocre.
>>
File: 3787439_orig.jpg (288 KB, 500x522) Image search: [Google]
3787439_orig.jpg
288 KB, 500x522
>>318649768
>So you're mad that a team game requires good team work to beat enemy teams? And you were complaining about unbalanced characters?

Is that why 80% of the time Team A got the First blood, they ended winning the game?
>>
>>318667881
dude I can get that easily in a week with a few games a day. The grind isn't difficult.
>>
>>318667547
Nah, you just realized how low skill ceiling these kinds of games are. You can do that with any hero.
>>
>>318668027
>80% of the time Team A got the First blood, they ended winning the game?
Source?
>>
>>318667881
And even though Lucian, Gnar, Azir and Tahm would go on to be considered really strong it was only after receiving extensive buffs. Lucian's strength has been in flux these past couple of seasons and Azir has had to be nerfed significantly again but then again Azir is basically a complete disaster balance-wise.
>>
>>318668027
It is not currently 80%, 60% at BEST.
>>
>>318648513
FIFA has better matchmaking and that's as casual as it gets in terms of multilayer games
>>
>>318668123
I have no clue what you're quoting but honestly fuck you if you think the grind in league isnt fucking garbo.

Whether its 1-30 or the grind to get IP for runes/runepages its fucking retarded. The grind for champions isnt a problem unless you're deadset on playing one champion, if you just want to win Tristana/Garen/Alistar are Free and Yi/Kayle/Ryze are 450.
>>
>>318668409
I had 10000 ip in 2 weeks of just casual play so whatever buddo. I don't even look at the ip meter because it just goes up on its own. I don't focus on it because I dont need all the champs to be good.
>>
>>318668636
Alright, lets do the math

A normal win on SR is about 150 IP on average. We're not going to count ranked because if you say you'd have won as many ranked as it takes to get to 10000 IP you'd be plat/diamond and more than likely you arent.

10000 / 150 = 66 games in 2 weeks
66 / 2 = 33 games in a week
33 / 7 = 4.71 rounded up to 5 games a day.

Keep in mind that these are WINS, not games played. You'd have to win 5 games a day every day for 2 weeks to get 10,000 IP. With Leagues matchmaking system and the fact that its NORMALS, you'd have to play about 7 games each to win 5 a day.

That is not casual play, thats an addiction.
>>
>>318669864
Hey anus. Gonna' count the win of the day bonus IP of about 600 IP for a first win? You're a fucking ass faggot.
>>
>>318647635
Because it's popular
>>
File: 3652345266.gif (103 KB, 160x145) Image search: [Google]
3652345266.gif
103 KB, 160x145
>mfw I realize I've sunk over 2000 hours into this game between live and pbe, yet I still suck at the game and never play ranked
>>
>>318670016
>bonus IP of about 600 IP for a first win
Yeah nah. First Win of the Day Bonus is about 250-300 from the 100-150 ip for a normal win. It wouldnt be 600 unless your first win was a 40+ minute ranked when you're top frag.

Why the fuck are you going out of your way to defend Riot? Riot is a trash company, anybody above silver knows that, but ill let you enjoy your delusions.
>>
>>318670262
Dont worry man, I have over 5000 games and I only play ranked for the seasonal skins.
The first step to getting better is knowing that everybody else is retarded until proven otherwise.
>>
I mean atleast recently I can atleast commend them for making unique-ish champs

>3 years of gap closer, slow/stun, poke, xbox hueg damage
>>
>>318670393
So then why didn't you include it? It doesn't make sense. And secondly if you're above silver you should know this number doesnt even matter, because generally if you play you'll get a champ easy. You can 'choose' to pay for the champ but that's not really pay to win, is it?

I'm just proposing that really /v/ doesn't know what they're talking about and that they just hopped on a bandwagon that doesn't have wheels to keep moving.
>>
>>318663375
post your dotabuff you 2k trash
>>
>>318662634
I'd suggest using this for a little bit of help.

http://champion.gg/champion/Bard

champion.gg is awesome
>>
>>318670726
The last couple of champions they released have been weird ones with unique stuff like Bard and all his shit.
>>
File: watching LoL videos.webm (2 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
watching LoL videos.webm
2 MB, 800x600
>>318647635
>boring and / or confusing ARPG gameplay
>>
>>318670741
I didnt include it because it'll make 5 wins a day 4, but you're still talking about WINS in NORMALS. NORMALS which consist of opposing 5 man premades and AD Vladimirs and Trick2G Udyr jg Wannabes on your side.

>And secondly if you're above silver you should know this number doesnt even matter, because generally if you play you'll get a champ easy. You can 'choose' to pay for the champ but that's not really pay to win, is it?
Again, like i originally said you idiot the grind isnt for buying champs, its for buying Runes and Runepages. Being that you only start with 2 rune pages, you're limited to 2 archetypes of champions which most people will just go AD/AP, but then you've got tanks and Marksmans which need attack speed and all this other shit which you'd need to pay to have set up before you fire up a match, which remember, you're not always going to get the role you desire, so you could get fucked into AD Support.

I got Gold with a champ pool consisting of Free, 450's about 2 1350's and Darius on my smurf. I played a total of 3 champs consistently being Kayle (450), Yi (450) and Zilean (1350).

Getting good champions isnt the problem, spending 6300 IP on ONE Runepage, having to buy NINE 410 IP (3690 IP) runes THREE TIMES (11070 IP) and then buy THREE 1025-2050 IP QUINTS (6075 IP) is retarded.

Thats 23445 IP for one rune page. Thats 4 weeks of grind, being about 6 games a day to win 5 normals including first win boosts. Thats if you're extremely lucky.

If you're defending this or Riot as a company, consider suicide.
>>
>>318672085
Okay you got a point there. it is expensive for rune pages. And I did spend I think about 20 dollars at the time to get a few pages in there which I felt was worth it. The game is fun, so I was willing to pay it. but it's not pay to win. More rune pages doesn't make you stronger, just more convenient.
>>
>>318648376
>but you can break meta whenever
what about that one nigga that got banned for not playing according to the metagame?

there was also one guy who wanted to random in a game with a gm and he got banned too.

I'm sure someone has the images.
>>
File: YRAfE.jpg (219 KB, 1282x768) Image search: [Google]
YRAfE.jpg
219 KB, 1282x768
>>318674280
>I'm sure someone has the images.
actually I just found one of the two.
>>
>>318648513
Chiv isn't friendly enough to scrubs to ever get that big
>>
>>318672490
Damn straight i have a point. The grind for champions is optional,

If your plan is to win, 450's and some 1350's are irrefutably broken.

Annie: Retarded burst and a multi-man stun, lost a alot of power due to DFG getting removed but still strong. 450 IP
Garen: Juggernaut patch broke him, his true damage on ult passive is still stupid. You win by building defensive and never die. 450 IP or COMPLETELY FREE
Kayle: Ruunans and Rageblade got buffed, whether you want to go Devourer or not the amount of on-hit damage she does is retarded, add AP Elixir to that and she's a splitpush machine. Also? Invincibility ult. 450 IP
Yi: Needs no explanation, pop ulti build crit or devourer and get pentakills. 450 IP.
Nunu: Best sustain in the jungle. Level 3 Dragons and 20 minute barons. 450IP
Ryze: Faceroll and win, stack tears and get damage. 450IP
Warwick: Free kill on ult with the most basic of teamwork, gets buffed to the fucking moon with devourer. 450 IP
Soraka: If their team is retarded and their first idea is to focus the ADC, then you win. Heal constantly and your ADC will never die. 450 IP

1350's consist of Nasus,Mundo (Who is broken due to masteries update), Jax, Cho, Malphite, Alistar (Who is COMPLETELY FREE), Sion, Singed, Rammus, Fiddlesticks, Teemo, Tristana (ALSO COMPLETELY FREE), Tryndamere, Twisted Fate, Udyr, Veigar, Taric, Morgana, Xin Zhao and Zilean (Had a 97% pick and ban rate in last worlds). All of those listed are pretty much A-tier picks, some more than others due to the Season 6 items and masteries being broken.

These champions are either free or obtainable after about 10 games.
>>
>>318647635
>Entirely pvp team based
Stopped reading here. The reason I quit playing back in the day was because the game was 'farm 30 minutes then win'.
>>
>>318674907
Well farm is definitely there, you have to farm, while dealing with another player who may or may not attack you, most likely will attack you because of the competitiveness. So yes. it is entirely pvp based. It's not like you're "versing" the minions and turrets. thats retarded.
>>
>>318675325
Well it sounds like the mindset of the player base has chanced. It use to be passive and boring as fuck.
>>
>>318675612
generally if you see a player overextend or jungler is about to engage you go in and damage them. or poke while they try to farm, to try and get an upper hand for a kill, therefore better farm than your opponent. What matters is while you're farming they are not. So generally a player will try to get the upper hand with you during laning phase if they're any good. And if you're any good you will do the same.
>>
>>318665001
Thats why they implemented the tier system, so at level 30 which comes very late into game you can buy tier 3 runes if your smart. Such smart, much logic... wow
>>
After reading this thread, I've come to the conclusion that the arguments against this game are parroting what people have said about this game years ago. I'm pretty most of these guys haven't even played the game and are talking shit like they know about it.
>>
>>318676509
Thats my own personal thoughts, and that League of Legends is actually a very well thought out game with excellent mechanics, fun gameplay, extremely competitive and very enjoyable with friends provided friends do not behave with a toxic nature, and instead do what friends do and support each other as they climb through the ladder in ranked.
>>
>>318659619

No it wouldn't, it'd just make anybody without mobility a piece of shit until they got the item. DotA 2 balancing philosophies don't work on League because DotA 2 is LE CRAZY WHACKY EVERYTHING IS OP balancing except that when they introduce some janky new Aghanims upgrade it typically just makes somebody fucking broken above everybody else, like TI3 Skywrath.
>>
>>318652776

>I got banned

No, you didn't. You L I T E R A L L Y cannot get banned unless you've been reported in at least five games which prompts an investigation. If it's for chat abuse, you literally get muted for 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 games then get a 2 week ban, another 2 week ban and then a perma ban.
>>
>>318676509
>>318676753
well you can think whatever the fuck you want. I played it and think its shit. Its boring and its literally 45 minutes of wait till someone fucks up and then 5 people jump him.

People have differing opinions, who wouldve thought
>>
>>318676509
They don't play the game because is shit for them.
Do you eat shit, how it's taste?
>>
>>318677034
It's okay if you don't like the game, but it's another to make the blind accusations /v/ has set up over the years about LoL which are unjustified and has no real backing.
>>
>>318676753
>a very well thought out game
It's a lazy clone of a warcraft mod that was even made fun of by people back in the day for being poorly designed. It has reached terminal popularity through being easy to play and something you can do with your friends, and it fails even at that from how monotonous, boring and 'nothing' it is. At least in an MMORPG or similar game with the same kind of complaints against it, you're building a character and being social. People are 'toxic' in League because of how poorly designed it is-it's frustrating and unfun.
>>
>>318655176

>still involves grinding mobs at some point and jungling is less common than laning

Literally what? Junglers are in EVERY GAME and typically gank at 3 minutes at the latest.

>pointless amount of characters when they all play identically

Literally name me two characters that play identically.

>mash your stun button
>mash your damage buttons

Give me five champs with this strategy.
>>
>>318677149

I could say hating on League blindly is like sucking cock. How do you like the cock?
>>
>yfw paid by Riot to shitpost on 4chan.
>>
>>318654986

>items in LoL are designed to make you strictly better than you were before rather than give you more options like they should

They open up new ways of playing your character by allowing you to utilize your abilities in different scenarios. Outside of Blink Dagger and Glimmer Cape, DotA 2 items largely work the same.
>>
>>318677596
>implying this one guy is just stating his opinion and /v/s excuse is to say he's payed by riot.
>>
I-I'm scared of fucking up my team...
I stopped playing at level 10 because of that.
>>
>>318677418
>Junglers are in EVERY GAME
and the amount of people laning vastly outnumbers them, and you admitted you still have to waste your time on mobs to get started
>Literally name me two characters that play identically.
all of them
>Give me five champs with this strategy.
literally all of them, I have never played a game before I played League where I could just randomly pick a hero and do as well as I ever have because every character's gameplan boils down 'stun them and dps'
>>
>>318667881

>Currently Illaoi

Not really, Illaoi is pretty much exactly what a new release should be, stomping on release but mellowing out winrate wise in the middle/upper elos.
>>
File: 1390190672258.gif (954 KB, 285x235) Image search: [Google]
1390190672258.gif
954 KB, 285x235
>>318647635
>>
>>318678159

>can't name a single specific instance

You just tapped out and capitulated the argument. Stick to your phone games anon.
>>
>>318678309
I can't name a specific one because they're all the same you fucking moron. If it's so common then why can't you describe some that aren't?
>>
>>318678050
Oh you'll do plenty of that buddy. You'll keep feeding and keep feeding unintentionally and making the wrong calls until one day, you will no longer be doing that.

>>318678159
it took me hundreds of games to literally get good with Vayne. Truly understand her mechanics. not just press the button and know how it works but really knowing how to take advantage of her very wide utility of her champ.

No way you tell me that you can master vayne in 5 games, 10 games, or even 20 games. You need to play a lot of different scenarios to truly understand and be competitive.
>>
File: 1441708938032.jpg (3 KB, 125x91) Image search: [Google]
1441708938032.jpg
3 KB, 125x91
>>318676842
>tome of free exp
>broken
>ever

The only reason he took off was because of his combo with Void. He still crumbles to a passing breeze, gets hard countered by force staff, and has by far the worst pushing abilities in the game.
>>
>>318678409

You can stop replying now, you already gave up on the argument when you couldn't cite a single instance of two champions playing the same. Here is how dumb you look:

>man, all white people are rapists
>huh? what's this based on?
>everybody knows it
>yeah but what's it based on
>evidence dude, it's based on evidence
>what evidence?
>dude just look it up
>but what am I looking up? what study? what correlation is there between being white and a rapist?
>just look it up, find me studies that show all white people AREN'T rapists
>>
>>318648060
>grind for good charcaters.

You never played the game, did you?
>>
>>318647635
it's way too stressful, glad I stopped playing it.
>>
>>318678759
I can see this. I get this. Yes it can be very stressful and annoying if your team is mad at you or you're accidentally feeding. It happens to the best of us. If you can't handle that then league definitely isn't for you.
>>
>>318678554

Razor and Lycan are probably better examples.
>>
>>318677896
Man, this guy sure is dedicated to stating his opinion, then.
>>
>>318647635
I wish this game would take it's player base to some desolate island and never return. This game, and it's ilk, have irreparably damaged vidya.
>>
>>318647635
>forced meta
>lack of variety in overall game strategy
>not a singe unique hero design
>whatever fills one of few pre-determined role plays the same
>in-game currency grind for runes and new champs
It's Dota with all the fun removed from it.
>>
>Tfw when plat 5
>Get matched with nothing but shitty silvers and low golds
>>
>>318678424
Looking at her skills she's as basic as the rest of the cast.
>dps skill
>dps skill that only procs every third hit
>dps skill that can also stun
>dps ult
Why is she special? Why is she so hard that you can't understand how to deal damage the same way you've been doing with the whole cast?

>>318678704
So you'd prefer me to randomly paste two character names from a wiki than to come up with counter examples of your own, or is it that hard to find an example of a character that doesn't play like that?
>>
>>318647635
>why does /v/ hate this game again?
It's not Valve.

I'd say majority hate MOBAs in general, but the Valve-droneness has sort of become cultural here for some stupid reason. Dota2 will be tolerated, even though it's still a shitty fucking MOBA, simply because Valve is involved.
>>
>>318679013

>forced meta

1/1/2? It's not forced it's just most efficient, like how having two solo laners is the most efficient strategy in DotA 2.

>lack of variety in overall game strategy

The fuck do you even mean by this?

>not a single unique hero design

Udyr, Singed, Rumble, Rek'Sai, Bard, Lee Sin, Jayce, Heimerdinger, Gnar, Azir off the top of my head.
>>
>>318679186
not going to mention kiting or proper CS tactics or heavy oversimplification of an extremely complex character?

>>318678949
sure am I guess.
>>
>>318679186

I'd rather you have a point when the argument was still going, but you gave up on it. Name me two champions with identical kits.
>>
>>318679537
Oh shush. Implying that last hits and kiting are something special to Vayne.
>>
>>318647635
>there is no pay to win
>no pay to win
>no
>>
>>318647635
It's just a shittier version of dota
>Passive - Free stats/damage
>Q/W/E - shield/skillshot nuke/dash/3 hit passive
>R - a basic ability from dota except made more awkward
>>
>>318678723
I have. I know you really only need a few characters to actually be competitive, but not having the entire character list available to you is an unfair advantage that can be overcome with money.
>>
>>318679343
Lol are you serious? Wtf are you talking about anon
>>
>>318679767

lol

DotA 2:

Two passives if you're a hard carry.
A point and click nuke/a point and click stun.
An overtuned disable or nuke for an ult.

Great game Dotard.
>>
i like videogames where you use controls
>>
File: Heroes.jpg (18 KB, 118x304) Image search: [Google]
Heroes.jpg
18 KB, 118x304
Even Riot agrees that champion is a stupid as fuck word
>>
>>318679537
The hell does kiting and cs have to do with the character? Those are extremely simple things and not at all unique to her. You should play a game with actual depth in it to get a better perspective of difficulty.

>>318679587
Having a slightly different kit does not mean the gameplay is not identical. I'll stop responding to you so you can have enough time to go through the two billion shitty League characters and find the four without stuns.
>>
>>318680165

You're really trying hard to win an argument you already lost, anon. You're like a punch drunk boxer who still says he "never gave up" when he lost a decision 10 years earlier.
>>
I understand playing league if you're a bronze or silver retard, but what's the point of getting good at such a simple game? Why not play Dota? It's literally better in every way, just has less faggy streamers
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
I've played League for 3 years and even I know that Dota 2 actually has balance and is faster in the ways of actually connecting to a fucking match.
>>
Because Dota is better in everyway
>>
>>318680371

Because League of Legends is more fun and actually feels like a game made by a competent developer instead of a HD port of a mod from over a decade ago.
>>
>>318679649
Okay you are right about that. Then what about landing a condemn or not landing one? This requires skillful use of her tumble plus a well timed condemn to see any advantage of it. Additionally also being able to use condemn when you need a champion away feom you or to pin against your own turret. A player who has played 20 fames of alvayne would never be able to gauge what to do
>>
>>318650234
Soraka's futa cock is pretty 'wow'
>>
Any tips for a support/jungle main who wants to play ADC? I'm not used to being targeted so hard. I'd like to use Tristana or Miss Fortune.
>>
>>318680485
>Riot
>Competent
When were replays coming out again?
>>
File: KAJCag.gif (1004 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
KAJCag.gif
1004 KB, 320x180
>>318680485
>>
File: mfw.gif (77 KB, 184x190) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
77 KB, 184x190
QUICK YOU FUCKS

POST YOUR FAVORITE DOTA 2 HERO
>>
>>318680485
Did they ever fix League's client, add replays, spectating, replay-takeover, console commands, moddability, or are you just shitposting?
>>
>>318680562

Tristana is braindead as fuck, just be a bully at 5/6, use your E before you jump and burst somebody down if they go all in on you. Heal should only be used on the ass end of your health bar but needs to be used before ignite if their support is packing it. You'll naturally push so always keep shit warded.
>>
>>318674607
>Warwick
>Good
>>
>>318680747
Nightstalker
>>
>>318680485
Do I still have to install malware to play?
>>
>>318680757
League gets a new client next year, everything else is 'being worked on'
>>
File: ebola.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ebola.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>318680747
>>
>>318680757

>League's client

Yes.

>add replays

No.

>spectating

Yes.

>replay-takeover

No, why would they? Does anybody seriously use that feature in DotA? I played for a couple months after it was released and it just seemed like a goofy minigame mode.

>console commands

Why would they need to? What functionality is missing from not having console commands?

>moddability

They actually support the game with multiple game modes and have for years, they don't just drop tools and make the community make shitty meme soccer games or LE PUDGE WARZ stuff that was only fun when you were an 8 year old playing WC3 customs.
>>
Who's ready for the future of custom games?
>>
>>318680828
Thanks anon, that's going to help me a lot. Saved for reference.
>>
File: kougami.jpg (45 KB, 633x356) Image search: [Google]
kougami.jpg
45 KB, 633x356
>>318680485
>Because League of Legends is more fun and actually feels like a game made by a competent developer

Riot shill plz leave.
>>
>>318657589
tilted is when you narrow down on one aspect and as a result you tunnel vision and lose all your options from being mad. It is a real thing.
>>
>>318680747
Clockwerk.
>>
>>318681292

>giving up on the argument before you make a single point

Record time anon, should have posted an anime picture though.
>>
>>318681048
>he doesn't enjoy petri reborn
Look at this faggot

>still no replays
Oh wow, even heroes of the storm has a cheap VCR replay system.
>>
>>318680485
How are they competent exactly? Support your arguments with evidence and complete sentences.
>>
>>318681403
>anime picture

But Kamen Rider OOO is better than any shitty anime.
Also I don't need to make a point. That post was clearly b8 and responding to b8 is a waste of my time.
>>
>>318681584
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whx2Gq3XCQQ
>>
>>318681584

They can release more than one character a year and don't take 4 years to release characters that have existed for over 10 years. They officially support numerous game mods, have higher production values compared to Valve who still rely on janky SFM animations for promotional material although some of the comics have been good when they've been released. Game design isn't structured around the flawed notion that "everything being OP means everything is balanced" because there always ends up being two to three must bans/picks in every single meta because IceFrog's balancing philosophy is reducing a stat by 0.3 then giving somebody a shit or insanely broken Aghs upgrade so people can go WOAH THE GAME HAS COMPLETELY CHANGED.

The punishment system is better and gating regions means I don't have Chinese or Russians retards that don't speak my language queuing in my games. People are pseudo muted instead of outright muted, abandons don't invalidate my games by making it so somebody drops out 8 minutes in, invalidating the good work I've put into getting an early lead. Leaving constantly will get you punished in incremental ways until you're temporarily banned and finally permabanned, reducing the amount of people that LE EPIK TROLL by afk'ing in games. Continued in next post.
>>
File: 1444698631899.jpg (305 KB, 1545x1047) Image search: [Google]
1444698631899.jpg
305 KB, 1545x1047
>>318665632
>That six pack
Natty?
>>
>>318681817
what the fuuuuuuuuuuck thats insaaane. I've never seen that before. I play thresh as a support main and that is crazyyyy. I've never seen that done ever. Just so you know. That is a true anomaly if I've ever seen one.
>>
>>318647635
>Never pairs you with unfair results

That's a load of shit
>>
>>318682098
Someone didn't watch the World's Pick/Ban phase
>>
>>318680747
Sand King
>>
>>318681584

Pre-game customization of your character has never had balancing issues and has only added to the depth of control you have over your playstyle. The attack damage and ability power metrics allow for numbers to be tuned on characters themselves in a much more refined fashion, as ratios of AD/AP on specific abilities can be tuned instead of having to universally nerf a facet of a character's kit in every single build to reduce their strength like in DotA 2. The tournament system is handled professionally and isn't a ragtag group of awfully managed majors with neckbeards choking or headbutting one another, you don't have retard flaming manchild flamers like Arteezy representing a community, the community itself doesn't live with this pathetically scared attitude that N-NO WE'RE JUST AS BIG, F-FUCKING CASUALS RUINING MY GAME.
>>
>>318682332
It will never be able to pair you up perfectly every time. You will face someone better or worse than you. But the point is that it never really will pair you up with someone who is vastly out of your skillset.
>>
>>318682525
>The tournament system is handled professionally

Before or after they had the spectator client on a big screen both teams could see allowing people to cheat by slightly turning their head?
LoL tournies are a joke. That's why Riot has to sponsor them with their own money instead of Dota 2 getting sponsors out the yingyang for real tournaments.
>>
>>318682937

>that's why Riot has to sponsor them with their own money

They're sponsored by Coca Cola, buddy. They're also connected to branches of the Korean and Chinese governments.

>citing one tournament blunder as a reason the whole scene is awful

Hey anon, remember the literal MATCH FIXING Arrow Gaming did? :^)
>>
>>318682937
tfw You watch a Valve run tournament and there's no ads, not even a company logo during the games
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.