[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has censorship ever been an improvement?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 94
File: 1388763125957.jpg (159 KB, 804x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1388763125957.jpg
159 KB, 804x720
Has censorship ever been an improvement?
>>
Kinda, sort of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkUuABNnTC0
>>
File: dragon quest.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dragon quest.jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
>>318535547
Nope.
>>
Censorship helps with console sales of less than 20% of the console market share
>>
File: albedohead.jpg (12 KB, 320x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
albedohead.jpg
12 KB, 320x240
>>318535547
Yes
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg9OYyPIYNk
>>
> make fanservice game for otakus and weebs
> censor it to "appeal to a wider audience"
> lose sales of some weebs
> normies still won't touch this game regardless if it's censored or not
>>
>>318535547
How come no one commented on the fact that the bunny suit is completely removed?
>>
>>318535547
mark in persona 1 works much better as a nigger
>>
>>318537335

It's not, just censored.
>>
>>318535547
Left side looks better to me. "Sexy" doesn't work in that style.
>>
> us gets censored cgs
> uk gets censored translations
>>
>>318537554
Its gone. Look it up. You cant find it in game at all.
>>
>>318537782
that's because you have low testosterone
>>
Yes.
>>
>>318535547

You just posted one example senpai
>>
File: Fuhrer.png (20 KB, 174x162) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Fuhrer.png
20 KB, 174x162
>>318538794
Indeed.
>>
>>318535547
Nigga those models look like little babies without noses, who cares if sexuality is censored if they weren't hot to begin with?
>>
>>318537554
You can't get it in the western release. In the japanese version it requires the player to link the game to a SE account to obtain it, this feature isn't in the western version
>>
>>318538754
>some /v/irgins seriously believe this
>>
>>318538659
>>318539212

My bad, I could have sworn it was obtained the same way you got the Bravo Bikini. What's the version on the right for?
>>
>>318538754
I have low testosterone. This means that whenever I blow my load, I don't lose interest in sex. (No refractory period.) Girls love it!
>>
File: Ku1n3R1.jpg (91 KB, 535x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ku1n3R1.jpg
91 KB, 535x720
>>318539212
A shame because I really like the Dimensional Officer Tiz.

Wobaku will probably never come to Second for here either.
>>
>>318535547
Yeah, in Super Castlevania IV the translucent blood pools in the dungeon were changed to green goo.
>>
>>318537221
I was under the impression that the smoke in Criminal Girls made it MORE suggestive.
>>
>>318539557
No idea. Bravely default was butchered. Don't really care though, its been 2 years and I still havent finished that poop game.
>>
>>318539771
That's not how it works you little shit
>>
>>318535547
Preorder canceled.
>>
>>318535547
no
>>
>>318539985
Yes it does, you dumbshit.
>>
No. Why not add more costume options than take and replace?
>>
>>318535547
Can you explain me what they are even try to achieve with this defacement of game assets?
>>
>>318540361
>>318540361
Protect the children so they can buy DLC potions with their mom's money.
>>
>>318538440
>Boing boing
How am I meant to read this?
>>
>>318535547
Here's a better question: Has it recently censored anything IMPORTANT.
>>
>>318535547

This isn't censorship it's just modesty.

The material has to actually mean something politically for it to be censorship not just make you throw a tanty because it's unfair to your pin dick.
>>
>>318535686
Kid mode is better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB6fq9Aadwk
>>
>>318535547
Yes
>>
>>318539791
>>318537221
They went and removed the erotic voices entirely though, so now the punishment scenes are creepy as fuck. They made it far worse than it was before.
>>
>>318540870
kill yourself
>>
>>318539791
Only delusional nisa apologist will tell you that.
>>
Why is the west so shit? Why does everything from japan have to ne censored. Fucking grow a spine america.
>>
>>318540575
So censoring anything they you personally deem unimportant is totally fine?
Well, I guess since you're the one who makes the decision it should be alright. Thank god you're here to tell everyone what's important and what isn't and that people should only care about censorship of important things.
>>
>>318540990
No matter Christian or progressive, Americans seem adamant in censoring content.
>>
File: gunbabby.jpg (27 KB, 620x330) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gunbabby.jpg
27 KB, 620x330
>>318540990
But tits are scary anon. Think of the children.
>>
File: 1429467000605.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429467000605.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>318538440
>sleek, shiny AND stylish
LEWD!
>>
>>318541317
"It's not important anyways" is literally a NeoFag-tier deflection. If it's not important, then why even fucking censor it?
>>
I believe they turned a disgusting native american costume into a glorious cowboy outfit in bravely 2, so yes
>>
>>318541317
First of its only Censorship if Nintendo is TOLD it has to make these changes in order to sell their game in an area, which has yet to occur. Second, if a 60 hour game has to add boy shorts to a costume just so I can buy it in my country, I'm not going to crucify anyone over it.
>>
File: 1407617663819.jpg (84 KB, 339x308) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407617663819.jpg
84 KB, 339x308
>>318541352
>Australia
>Two-party preferred government, with the remaining 10% of the votes being split between hundreds of tiny parties
>Both liberal and labor want to kill net neutrality, monitor the internet, and censor sex and violence
>>
File: 1448042113073.png (27 KB, 872x157) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448042113073.png
27 KB, 872x157
The NoE is a translation, the NoA is a localization.
>>
>>318540773
Splatoon; Beta version.
>>
>>318535745
>censored
SE changed it in the jap version. Hori himself changed it
You clearly dony know what censorship is
>>
>>318542292
>arguing with censorshitposters
>>
>>318539781
Tbh I would love a guy like that pic.

Handsome enough to rival girls' beauty, but is a man so you can actually talk with eachothet about things, do fun activities and trust eachother.

I'm seriously considering becoming a faggot. I'll gladly take dick if it means having a relationship with a human being I can really connect with.
Almost all reasonably good looking women are either dumb as shit or arrogant as hell, and can't be trusted.
>>
>>318542292
Just because they changed it in the jap version, doesn't mean it's not censorship. In this case, they censored the 3ds version compared to the ps2 version.

You are the one who clearly does not know what censorship is.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (184 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
184 KB, 1440x1080
Robots > Rambo
>>
>>318540990
because muh femfreq
>>
>censuring moeblob
heh
>>
>>318542457
>not already having a boyfriend who knows how to bake
Put on your good jeans and get out there.
>>
>>318542474
lol k kiddo
>>
>>318537552
that's not censorship, that's a localization change as P1 change the setting of the game from Japan to generic American town.


>>318540990
conversely a lot of American games' violence gets the axe when they make the trip East.

>>318535547
closest thing I can think of is European version of the first 5 or 6 Contra games changed all the humans to robots, while for us in the older crowd Contra is absolutely beloved but Probotector looks pretty slick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3X38Vnlz70
>>
>>318535547
Ted Woolsey was pretty based.

>Son of a submariner!
>>
>>318542702
That kind of thing is almost always an improvement. Actual Japanese scripts are unbelievably dry and repetitive by English standards.
>>
>>318535547
You posted it.
Models/artwork aimed at pedophiles is gross.

Don't even start with the "they're old lol" or "no kid has such hips".
The BASE of these models is clearly a young child, and sexualizing that is disgusting.

A Toyota with a Ferrari bodykit may no longer look like a shitbox but there's no denying what it came from.
>>
>>318540480
Like a Boeing, twice
>>
>>318542635
I will, man. I seriously will.
The only reason I don't like the idea of cock is because we're told not to.

Time to become who I was born to be.
A happy fag with a chill boyfriend.
>>
>>318542887
>le may may pedofile bait :^)
>>
>>318542887
you are on a Chinese cartoon board, you know better...
>>
>>318538440

>cover the boingy bits
>still talk about them

What was the point of all this?
>>
File: 1447515561044.png (188 KB, 600x665) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447515561044.png
188 KB, 600x665
I'm not sure where to draw the line between censorship and localization.
For example, Kefka in the American release was very different from the Japanese Kefka. And much more popular to the point where he became the definitive version.
>>
>>318542887
Aren't you just assuming all youthful appearance means that they are underage?
Do you also realize that they are exposed to death, genocide, child slave labour, etc. Why is sex the demon here again?

Have you ever been outside or seen a young looking woman?
>>
>>318538440
Doesn't the curtain make it look like she hasn't finished putting the bikini on?
>>
The real question is has censorship ever diluted the experience?

Besides Manhunt 2 and maybe some other gore censoring I dint see how censorship could ruin an under 18 rpg.

Also who wants to be the guy who is campaigning for 14 year olds in bunny swimsuits?
>>
File: images-31.jpg (20 KB, 512x288) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
images-31.jpg
20 KB, 512x288
Yes
>>
>>318542887
>The BASE of these models is clearly a young child

That's not how children work. Things like tits and hips are what make women look like women. If they wanted to use child like designs, they would have made shapeless lolis. And true pedos don't like curves.
>>
>>318543620
Well, censorship on an RPG reduces costume variety and the replacements often look worst. Looks can deter you using a job class for example, some of them look more stupid than they should.
>>
>>318543283
While I don't agree with censorship, especially when done to pander to moralfaglords who don't even play the games, some of those points are perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>318543808
>>318543294
>>318543101

Always the same. Never will make you sound like less of a pedo, though.

If it looks like a duck...
>>
>>318543916
name one.
>>
Probotector. Because fuck yeah, robots.
>>
>>318543989
I think you are just projecting at this point.
>>
>>318543989
Brash assertions don't prove any kind of point you may have had.
There is no reason to censor in this instance.
>>
>>318535547
none of the outfits on the left are bad. This isn't worth getting upset over. Maybe you should find something to do with your time
>>
>>318544121
>>318544113
You're on a fucking anonymous board.
At LEAST just admit that you're a pedo.

You like sexualized images of characters BASED ON little children.
>>
>>318543887
>job class

Unless the job is hooker I can't imagine anyone going into battle in a bikini.

Could be a nice distraction when a character is doing their ultimate cinematic attack for the umpteenth time but if costumes weren't practical I wouldn't have enjoyed great games such as FF TACTICS A2.
>>
>>318543620
>Also who wants to be the guy who is campaigning for 14 year olds in bunny swimsuits?

right? if i want to see 14 year old sluts dancing around and twerking in skimpy costumes I'll just watch mainstream american entertainment media and hundreds of thousands of voluntarily uploaded youtube videos from the girls themselves. fucking creepy video game pedophiles go back to mom's basement haha am i right :^)
>>
>>318544229

Why are you here?
>>
>>318543989
I don't think you even know what you are talking about. Funny still, the characters outfits are tame as fuck compared to any girl you see walking down the street at a younger age.

Its a videogame chuckle fuck, the models dont represent children because they arent real, nor are they are a child age. Whether or not you use it for sexual drive is irrelevent when the censorship looks stupid and out of place to begin with.
>>
>>318544346

So you're a pedo? Explains the projecting.
>>
>>318544382
No outfits are practical, that's a weak argument. You need to go to Western games for that.
>>
>>318535547
it is not censorship, it is the will of allah
inshallah
>>
>>318544346
I think you are just a closet pedo.
>>
>>318544382

You're missing the point entirely. If you want practical outfits only stick with sports games.
>>
>>318544382
>I can't imagine anyone going into battle in a bikini.

>i can't imagine
cool opinion bro.

but ur totes rite. anyone going to battle in anything but the most protective gear possible just aint realistic. if they're in battle all video game characters should just be wearing full suits of armor all the time regardless of their job or occupation.
>>
>>318535547
I like top left better. Right is better on the other two.
>>
Get our your tipping-est fedoras because I think A Link to the Past was better without any religious references.
>>
>>318544346
Even if they were actual pedophiles, so fucking what? You know that being one isn't actually illegal?
>>
>>318545314
Stop responding to yourself because you can't argue for shit.
>>
>>318545457
That was my first post ITT, try checking the unique IP counter, faglord.
>>
>>318544592
>>318544702

There's a difference between flair and impractical trash.

The characters come across interesting and yet realistic.

Cannoneer wears goggles for protection, magicians have pouches and sacks for stones and powders and so on.

>inb4 it's fantasy so logic doesn't need to apply
>>
File: QUALITY.jpg (253 KB, 912x1768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
QUALITY.jpg
253 KB, 912x1768
>>
File: 1499246137940.jpg (929 KB, 1794x1971) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1499246137940.jpg
929 KB, 1794x1971
>>318535547
Yes.
>>
>>318545965
Yes, a viera in a skirt and low cut top will help against other archers. I mean, Tidus has on pant leg shorter than the other, that's practical for kicking blitzballs, right? Despite using a sword made out of water.
>>
>>318546176
The zelda costume is awful though.
>>
>>318545965
>Vancian magic
Come on, really?
>>
>>318546146
That's some 4kids levels of idiocy.
>>
>>318544419

I'm all for degeneracy.

But what I'm saying is that campaigning for ephebophilia will get you ostracised.

There's a difference between coming across twerking videos and paying a 14 year old to do them for your pleasure.
>>
File: 2351.jpg (212 KB, 1432x1011) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2351.jpg
212 KB, 1432x1011
Just accept the changes.
>>
>>318546676
But then you are suggesting people buy the games for the fanservice, which isnt the case at all for most people.

People just believe in freedom of expression, having the ability to think for themselves, and not be coddled by a Corporate company treating its userbase like moronic kids. It would bug people less if the censorship methods werent sloppy, out of place, and integrated into the game poorly.
>>
>>318546948
That's a sweet cowboy hat, though.
>>
>>318546948
yea the censorship is stupid, and hilariously ironic that the cowboy is supplanting the indian in some comically backwards attempt at cultural sensitivity, but to be perfectly honest I don't give a shit. the indian wasn't my favorite costume either way so it's not like i'm gonna spend any time in it after mastering it.

and i don't think they're changing amy's backstory or costume at all anyway.
>>
>>318547135
>>318546948
>defeat an indian
>get a cowboy class
that's fucked uo
>>
>>318544346
>You're on a fucking anonymous board.
>At LEAST just admit that you're a pedo.
Nope.
Afraid not.

Now address the point I made.
Why is there a reason to censor this in this instance? Why are you deflecting? Can you not defend your position?
>>
FUCK THEY CHANGED MY LITTLE DOLLHOUSE LOLI CLUB GAME FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SJWS WINA GAAIN!1111
>>
>>318547257
Why are you getting mad? This is totally why I feel the need to be against censorship, idiots like this.
>>
>>318546146
That's really odd, the official translation just makes the characters sound mentally unstable or retarded.
>>
>>318547257
>ad hominem and strawman
>still fails to even say anything
How do you mess up this bad.
>>
>>318547213
Im pirating the game anyways, uncensoring it should be easy.
>>
>>318541909
I think that's pretty clever, actually.
>>
>>318546262
Vieras are known as being the sluts of Ivalice and even then it's something pc like a short skirt.

The only one slightly revealing is the elementalist, but they're designed off some type of tribal aesthetics with the tattoos and shit so that makes it fine.

Most of the classes without armor are shit that aren't front line DPS/tanks and have corresponding stats and costumes.

Sort of like snipers wearing ghillie suits and breachers wearing plate carriers.
>>
>>318547871
Wow.

Check out THAT censorship. Those fiends.
>>
>>318547883
>known as sluts
Where in the game lore is that?

Tattoos make it find, right, because a tattoo grants armor. Snipers still where body armor under ghile suits
>>
>>318547243
Oh shit this would be hilarious if they seriously do that.
>>
>>318547845
Can you post like a person instead of condescending with sarcasm?

You're still saying nothing other than you think it's not important to you.
>>
>>318546586
Cigarettes and guns I get. But what's up with changing the suit color?
>>
>>318548057
Yeah I'm in the melting thread on /d/ right now simultaneously and accidentally posted here instead.
Sorry about that.
>>
>>318546146
>でも助けてもらえたのも、また運命
>But if it can get help, it's not its time yet
>命拾いできたなら
if it can come back from the brink of death

It was triggered, me.
>>
>>318548289
Now to do the same.
>>
>>318548187
Hed rather project and attack because he has no argument.
>>
>>318546146
Jesus Christ, what's with all the shitty fucking JPEGs in those past few months?

For text, use fucking PNG. Not JPEG. Fuck.
>>
>>318541909
To be fair, the NOA localization retains the spirit of the translation, which is that Marie doesn't actually care about the exhibits. It's just a more succinct punchline than the translation.
>>
>>318548450
that wouldn't be an accident then, would it?
>>
>>318543618
to me it does i thought they kinda made it more lewd with the curtain there
>>
>>318548187
He can't it's physically impossible for a SJW to not be a victim fighting against oppressors with passive aggression.
>>
>>318540773

Thanks for the classic keks mate.
>>
Cleavage, and belly buttons are evil!

Praise NOA for protecting the children!
>>
>>318543916

Not a single one is acceptable.

Censorship is not only unethical, but it's immoral.
>>
>>318549480
This
>>
>>318538440
Wasn't the pun in Europe version just before because too fast and they had to cover this panel with useless crap ?
>>
>>318547467
Well no surprise it was written by 8-4 then
>>
>>318548129
>>318548129

I got Viera and Gria mixed up, I thought it was Viera who are referred to as "cute".

Clearly Viera are over compensation and want to be the" cute" race.

Elementals aren't frontliners and can have a bit of flair to them. And how'd you know they're not some sort of magic rite-of-passage tattoos?

>makes it find
>where armor

Lol
>>
File: 52212151_p8.jpg (388 KB, 600x838) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
52212151_p8.jpg
388 KB, 600x838
>>318535547
No.
>B-but paint edit look better, who needs grapes
>>
>>318535547
DT2 bare bottom loli into spats loli.
>>
I've heard that it's violence that usually gets censored in Japan, while in the West, it's sexual content, but then how come there are so many gory Japanese games like Metal Gear Rising, Ninja Gaiden 2, Bloodborne, etc? Do they get censored even in Japan as well?
>>
>>318546676
>corporate company

A corporation is a form of private limited company.

The primary goal of any company other than NPOs is to make a profit.

You can't make money if your game is shown as sexualizing minors by gaming journalists.

The way you type makes me think you're one of those uneducated anti-establishment dweebs who unironically shares "we are 99%" statuses on fb while wearing a €20 anonymous© mask and a FUCK C*ENSORSHIP shirt from hot topic.
>>
>>318535547
Some of the censored names in JJBA: All Star Battle are pretty funny, where as others are downright stupid.
>>
>>318551145
Games getting censored for a wider audience doesn't take away that niche.
>>
>>318551913
Those are because copyright issues. Different can of worms
>>
>>318552276
Its still censorship, and its still funny.
>>
>>318535547
You just posted three, Anon.
>>
>>318551145
The death scenes in RE4 were heavily censored in Japan for some reason.
>>
>>318535547
>Has censorship ever been an improvement?
Yes, it has, actually. Most people dislike it on principle, though. I don't believe that EVERYONE does, even if they say that, but that's the rationale.
>>
>>318552369
silly anon, the left one is the censored one
>>
>>318535547
I prefer the more subtle design of those you posted, so for me, yes.
>>
>>318535547
It's wrong by principle not raw results.
>>
Maybe.
I don't know, really. It doesn't affect me all that much.
>>
File: purrito.jpg (75 KB, 720x960) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
purrito.jpg
75 KB, 720x960
>>318535547
>mfw playing a hacked version on my gateway that restores the costumes
>>
>>318553184
link
Please
>>
>>318552636
Name examples, faggot
>>
>>318553546
its on 3dsiso
>>
>>318549393
don't forget bikini bottoms!
Every time i go to the beach i weep for humanity, for i see a few hundred heathen sluts wearing that devil garb. I mean, think of the children(who are also wearing it)!
>>
File: 1405382998172.png (22 KB, 207x239) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405382998172.png
22 KB, 207x239
>>318552636
>>
there was that game that they censored by putting spats on some girl and just made it extremely suggestive that way
>>
>>318540990
Japs do plenty of censorship too.
>>
Not a videogame, but I honestly think a lollipop is a bit more interesting than a cigarette. The rest of the 4kids version is abhorrent, but I don't mind this. Unless the character gets lung cancer or something later.
>>
>>318554661
I can't find the image but I thought the spats were an improvement too.
>>
File: 500x_mksweat.jpg (54 KB, 500x281) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
500x_mksweat.jpg
54 KB, 500x281
I mean it really doesn't make sense for them to lose that much blood, sweat is a better choice.
>>
File: 1443379300006.jpg (228 KB, 960x1088) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443379300006.jpg
228 KB, 960x1088
>>318554661
>>318556249
>>318550929
they put spats on her, the fiends!
>>
>>318556464
Those are some fucking shiny spats
>>
>>318556642
all the better for me to rub my erect cock on them
>>
>>318542664
I played the shit out of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pybOtiV2ggI and never knew about Contra back then.
>>
>>318556464
That's dumb, spats make everything more lewd. Everyone knows that.
>>
>>318556464
They made it better.
>>
>>318555628
Eh, could just give him the beetus instead.
>>
>>318544346
>BASED ON
I don't think that word means what you think it means.
>>
>>318556249
>>318556724
>>318557190
>>318557269
>HURR THEY'RE BETTER BECAUSE SPATS ARE SEXY AND I USE MY IMAGINATION TO PICTURE WHAT A VAGINA LOOKS LIKE
>>
>>318557868
>thread about instances of censorship where the censored version is better than the uncensored version
>sperg out at people for talking about one
>>
>>318548187
im still stunned this is considered a issue. So stunned i cannot stop myself from being as sarcastic as possible.

Actually i take it back, "censorship" is a issue, among actual issues. covering up little loli bodies with clothing isnt a issue on my universe.

And certainly, anyone taking blame for such coverings as a collective is insane to consider. Since any name being thrown around in threads like this aren't collectively organized, or are just as organized as /v/ is.
>>
>>318557868
calm down, faggot.
>>
>>318543283

>it's apologist to care more about the gameplay than fanservice

Kek
la
kek
>>
>>318558037
They aren't better. Believe it or not people actually would prefer to see a spread eagle rather than use their imaginations to do so. This fucking country will show violence tenfold but the natural human body is a no-go.
>>
>>318559375

And yet the gameplay is in no way affected, which matters above all else over a girl's cleavage being exposed and flopping around
>>
Le funny blabla meme about pedos and four year olds despite most characters in bravely default being over 20.

I heard a bell, Daddy nintendo wants to use me as a toilet and my only response can be "thank you master".
>>
Pokemon names. Aeris is also better than Aerith
>>
>>318560070

>not being bothered with harmless censors is equivalent of being subservient

Shut up, child
>>
>>318559745
I don't care. Fucking around with the game's visuals just because someone in the localization department is prudent or insecure is never excusable. But keep on defending censorship, maybe you'll get a girlfriend if you keep showing support for the misogynistic images those damned japs keep shoving into video games.
>>
>>318560256

>this projection

And keep making a bigger deal out of things that aren't nearly as bad you imply them to be
>>
>>318559745
Shut up Hassan. You kucked any Swedes today bro? The white race won't end itself.
>>
>>318560215
That's not censorship, you fucking ass
>>
>>318542887
Pedophiles, prepuperty.
Hebephilia, early puberty.
Ephebophilia, late puberty.

And the guy who invented the scale to base this one came out and said it was horseshit.
>>
>>318560220
>I want my content edited for me, i-it's just harmless! My eyes can only see so much and it's up to daddy nintendo to tell me what I can and can't see!

>Shut up, child! I'm not bothered by it, you shouldn't be either! that's what adults think, right? I'm a cool adult.

Okay, brah.
>>
>>318542664
Gryzor > Probotector
>>
>>318560625

>shitpost goalpost shifting

Typical child.

>>318560757

Considering you're fixated on clothing that has no bearing on the plot of these games, yes, you are a child.
>>
>>318560439
Keep sucking that censorship dick like a good little boy.
>>
File: 1413067499770.png (111 KB, 429x284) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413067499770.png
111 KB, 429x284
>>318560220
>not being bothered with harmless censors is equivalent of being subservient

It really is, though. You're saying that you don't trust yourself to view 'forbidden' material because you expect other people to determine what is or isn't a 'tasteful' experience for you.

Worst than puritans. At least puritans had the balls to glance in the general direction of the thing they wanted removed. You don't even have that. You just have stale memes about 'pedophiles' and insistence that only Nintendo knows what is best for us.

You are literally that guy from that comic eating shit while saying "thank you master", only you have the added benefit of calling other people who don't want to eat your shit "children".
>>
>>318560941
>Considering you're fixated on clothing that has no bearing on the plot of these games
>What is Fatal Frame clothing

Aside from you being ignorant and stupid

>Considering you're fixated on clothing that has no bearing on the plot of these games, yes, you are a child.

Considering you think that Nintendo has to determine what is or isn't "appropriate" for you, yes you are a child. A shit-eating child lashing out at other people for pointing out to you that demanding that everyone must be treated to the only standard you consider 'decent' is childlike behavior.

Can you give me one more 'thank you master' for the road?
>>
File: 1439176344696.png (734 KB, 1026x617) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1439176344696.png
734 KB, 1026x617
>>318542887
>this character artwork is aimed at pedophiles
What?
>>
Remember when Big Boss was censored to be Venom Boss?

Why is it okay when Kojima does it?
>>
>>318542887
>THANK YOU MASTER
>>
Smash 64 had it's hit sounds altered to be more cartoony, and I think it sounds better than the originals.
>>
Censorship is never acceptable in video games.

This is why the ESRB was made.
>>
>>318539557
There is a feature that allows you to have your character perform a specific move, then you can export that character perform that move, and another person can import it and use it like a summon. The bunny costume on the left was for when someone imported a japanese character wearing the bunny suit on the right.
>>
>>318561280

Except nothing of what I've said implies I'm letting Nintendo decide for me. I just don't care about things that have no bearing on the story.

Can you give me one more "p-p-p-p-p-please like my memes, friend?"
>>
>>318562317
Agreed, and ESRB doesn't give a shit of what content the game has. If Dungeon Travelers 2 and Criminal Girls Invitation were left uncensored here in the US, they would've still gotten an M rating.
>>
File: ThankYouMaster.jpg (160 KB, 578x713) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ThankYouMaster.jpg
160 KB, 578x713
>>318562547
>Except nothing of what I've said implies I'm letting Nintendo decide for me.
>Except the part where I think Nintendo should decide for you

Hoo boy, that's some maaaajor backflipping to get to that point.

> I just don't care about things that have no bearing on the story.
So you hate Fatal Frame censorship then, right? Because it changed an important character costume and replaced it with a stale meme that broke a touching character scene.

Nope! I doubt you give two shits at all.

Can YOU give me one more meme for the road? Maybe another shuddering of "B-B-b-ut you're just a pedophile. I don't care if you want the same game released in Japan. I just want to feel superior.."
>>
>>318562926

The costume change in the scene isn't a "meme", you dense retard. And it doesn't completely ruin the purpose of the scene either, you still know the girl is emotionally broken and not at all well in the head.

But please, keep projecting this nonsense that I'm a fuckold to Nintendo like the meming retarded twat mongoloid you are.
>>
>>318562547
>Man wants to eat shit, thinks everyone else should eat shit with him.
>Claims that no one should care because it's good if he likes it.

Great!
Fantastic even!

This is a new level of subservience that I think hasn't even been seen on reddit!
>>
File: CTBIEveWUAAXHSI.png (198 KB, 504x559) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CTBIEveWUAAXHSI.png
198 KB, 504x559
>>318535547
>retards think spats are better and therefore censorship is good

I don't have the unmarked version of this anymore.
>>
File: dante.jpg (151 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dante.jpg
151 KB, 1280x1024
>>318563149
>The costume change in the scene isn't a "meme", you dense retard
>It's just some stupid DLC outfit that destroys the scene

>THANK YOU MASTER

> And it doesn't COMPLETELY ruin the purpose of the scene either
>T-that's fine, right?

>THANK YOU MASTER

>you still know the girl is emotionally broken and not at all well in the head.
>G-good enough, right? Even though I just said I don't care about censorship as long as it doesn't ruin the story. T-that didn't ruin the story. It just made it shittier, that's okay, right?

>THANK YOU MASTER

>STOP PROJECTING YOU WANT TO EAT SHIT JUST LIKE I DO, THANK YOU MASTER

Hahah.
HAHAHAHAHAH
YOU CAN'T EVEN KEEP YOUR OWN BULLSHIT STRAIGHT. Holy fuck. Want to double down on your "I don't care about censorship when it doesn't ruin the story BUT WHEN IT DOES THAT'S OKAY TOO AS LONG AS IT'S NOT TOO SHITTY THANK YOU MAST$ER" talking point once again?
>>
>>318562701
>What is the Ao rating
>What are US obscenity laws
>Who are the people who have gone to jail in the US over loli manga

Unfortunately, we do not have true freedom of speech in the US. There are limits to what could legally be put in a video with regards to sexual content, although the lines are cloudy and rarely tested.
>>
>>318563149
Didn't you just say you were okay as long as it didn't ruin the story?

Well, Fatal Frame's censorship ruined an emotional point in the story. Now you suddenly don't give two fucks?

Eat your shit you retarded redditor.

You seem like one of those faggots that falls into epileptic seizures when someone posts an anime girl, so I'll start posting some just to piss you off.
>>
>>318563269
It's right here: >>318543283
>>
>>318563831
Speaking of censorship, this girl was completely replaced by fucking Yoshi.
>>
>>318563686
>>What is the Ao rating

Meant for outright sex in a video game.

Fuck, I don't even think rapelay got an AO rating.

Basically anyone who says that little girls in bikinis are going to give a game an AO rating or even send the creators to jail are butt-fucking retards. Literal gibbering peasants who have zero place in this conversation when you can easily go to the ESRB's site and see that it's complete horseshit and retardation.
>>
>>318559745
You could argue the sexy cgs were part of the gameplay because the first game was a fucking H-game and those lolis got naked.
>>
>>318543283
Changing around lines in a video game to make sense to an english speaking audience isn't censorship. Otherwise it wouldn't be localization, it would be flat-out translation.

Removing a boob slider or a bikini outfit because you don't think your target audience is capable of processing a girl in a swimsuit is censorship. Especially when localization companies who have no part in the process do it.
>>
>>318539048
>>318538794
Book burning jew.
>>
>>318551824 was meant for >>318546974
>>
>>318564002
The Witcher games, God of War games, Metro Last Light has nudity and sometimes scenes of sex and they got slapped with an M rating.
>>
>>318564513
You waited two hours to correct a mis-linked post that was you basically saying "But those games are for pedophiles!" Despite the fact none of these games have anything more risque than a swimsuit.

At least no one can blame you for being quick on the trigger.
>>
>>318551145
Sexuality is actually a lot more censored in Japan and there's multiple instances of games being bloodier than in the West, such as MH.
>>
>>318564595
>The Witcher games, God of War games, Metro Last Light has nudity and sometimes scenes of sex and they got slapped with an M rating.

Sorry, weren't you talking about AO ratings? Wow you backed off from that one quick.

Hey, you know what else got an M rating? Prototype, Half life 2, MGSV, Doom 3, almost every COD game, almost every Halo game.

You know what they have in common? There is zero sexual content in any of those games, yet they got an M rating as well.

If your new point is that games 'might' get an M rating, then you better be railing just as hard against violence in video games. All the games you listed aren't M because of sexual content, they're M because you hack and chop people to visceral pieces.

So go on, you're against video game violence, right? That's the only reason you'd be against things possibly getting an M rating. Go make a thread right now about how all enemies in video games should explode into springs and hamburgers because they 'might' get an M rating and scare off the little children. Go on, do it. Do it Hillary.
>>
>>318564595
>The Witcher games, God of War games, Metro Last Light has nudity and sometimes scenes of sex and they got slapped with an M rating.

Have you even played those games? Hint: It's not because of sexual content.
>>
>>318564875
I would say there's more instances of things getting less bloody in the West if we consider Nintendo's track record.

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=3316

The problem is that everyone is used to Daddy Nintendo's censorship record to the point where they defend it. They'll defend anything Nintendo does. /v/intendo doesn't defend censorship because they like it, they do it because it's okay when a Nintendo game does it. Whether it was made by Nintendo or not.
>>
File: Went Full Retard.jpg (30 KB, 431x355) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Went Full Retard.jpg
30 KB, 431x355
>>318565193
No, I was saying some games that had secual content such as nudity and scenes of sex still got an M rating.

Yeah I know games that has blood and gore also gets M ratings as well. No way a game with nudity and scenes of sex would get a T rating.

>So go on, you're against video game violence, right?
Are you retarded? I am never against it.

>Do it Hillary.
>Implying I'm gonna vote for that psycho liar
Voting for Trump.
>>
>>318565457
Go play the DOA games. They are rated M for the sexual content.
>>
>>318563965
LOCALIZATION=/=CENSORSHIP you dumb faggot
>>
>>318565869
>No, I was saying some games that had secual content such as nudity and scenes of sex still got an M rating.

The ones you listed got an M rating because they were about hacking and chopping people to pieces. Are YOU too retarded to find a game that wasn't about that?

>Yeah I know games that has blood and gore also gets M ratings as well. No way a game with nudity and scenes of sex would get a T rating.

Right, because that's what M is for. It's for sex scenes and explicit imagery.

A bikini isn't going to get an M rating. A boob slider isn't going to get an M rating. There's specific rules in the T rating category for those things.

>Are you retarded? I am never against it.
Yet you're against video game sexuality because it might give an M rating. Explain this hypocrisy.
>>
Xseed stated that ESRB is actually pretty lenient when it comes to ass and titties. There's even a T rated game with an animu girl naked except for bubbles covering her nipples. I'm sure someone here has the screenshot
>>
>>318565193
>MGSV, Doom 3
>no sexual content
what universe are you from?
>>
File: Saddam GTFO.jpg (21 KB, 274x409) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Saddam GTFO.jpg
21 KB, 274x409
>>318566720
>Yet you're against video game sexuality because it might give an M rating. Explain this hypocrisy.

No, I am never against it.
>>
>>318566002
>Go play the DOA games. They are rated M for the sexual content.

They're also rife with sexually explicit material. Girls rubbing each other's boobs and minigames where you molest and fondle the characters.

Sorry, how is that remotely comparable to a bikini in a video game? Could it be that your only resort at this point is to grasp at straws and claim M ratings will kill games despite all the best selling games ever being M rated? Are you trying to stall for time to unleash more image macros? Or is this more
>THANK YOU MASTER
posting?

I'm leaning toward the latter.
>>
>>318566743
well yea SK is on 3ds and its rated t
>>
>>318566869
>No, I am never against it.

Yet, you think it's okay to censor games because the sexual content might give it an M rating.

Explain your hypocrisy.
>>
>>318566925
>Girls rubbing each other's boobs

That stuff is only in the xtreme games. The normal ones are rated M too.
>>
>>318567046
>Yet, you think it's okay to censor games because the sexual content might give it an M rating.

What the fuck is wrong with you? I hate censorship.
>>
>>318566835
>what universe are you from?

The one where I can go up to the ESRB's site and see that TPP and Doom 3 were given M ratings because you can knife people in the throat and shoot them into giblets.

Again, I can't expect logic from censortards.
>>
The censored second one looks dope
>>
>>318567239
>That stuff is only in the xtreme games. The normal ones are rated M too.

They're in both games, you unlock minigames for that stuff to happen.

>>318567014
This.

If SK got a T rating, then basically anything involving pure sexuality can get a T rating.

SK has a scene where a naked girl humps a giant robot, and it's still a T rating I guess.
>>
>>318567273
Then why are we having this conversation about M rating vs T rating? This is completely beside the point.
>>
>>318567239
>That stuff is only in the xtreme games. The normal ones are rated M too.

Probably because they're fighting games that show blood and violence.

It's like asking "Why is MK rated M?"
>>
Spats are almost always better but when you fuck up everything else it's shit eitherway.
>>
File: 1447371333176.png (500 KB, 600x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447371333176.png
500 KB, 600x300
>>318567776
This.

Spats are justice. But you need a character designed FOR spats. Throwing them on a character who isn't sporty is just heresy.
>>
File: cryingKoala.jpg (414 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cryingKoala.jpg
414 KB, 2560x1440
I thought this was funnier than seeing Randy get penetrated.
>>
>>318568081
The description was pretty great.
>>
>>318538440
that image is wrong. i'm in europe and our image also censors her ass like the NA
>>
>>318567758
>Probably because they're fighting games that show blood and violence.

Pretty sure DOA has no blood
>>
>>318564221
>Removing a boob slider or a bikini outfit because you don't think your target audience is capable of processing a girl in a swimsuit is censorship
couldnt it be said that taking away a boob slider for another region is no different than changing dialogue to more suit the region? It all comes down to making sure a product suits the market its being sold in.

In all honesty im not even fully convinced by that arguement myself, but i cant bring myself to say it doesnt have any merit at all either. Idk, this is a far more complex issue than most give it credit.
>>
>>318564002
The thing is you are assuming ratings are given out almost scientifically, like there is a set of criteria for each rating and thats that. In all honesty i wished it worked that way, but the ESRB has become quite similar to the MPAA in that your rating is based on who submitted the work and how big a name it is as much as its about content. A cod or god of war game has a LOT more leeway in its rating than a niche Japanese game.

Its pretty bullshit but its reality and devs just have to deal with it any way they can
>>
>>318535547
Pretty much anytime ever they add spats to anything.
It's still a shitty practice though.
>>
Obligatory mention that any censorship on a game whose localization was by 8-4 or Treehouse (like Fatal Frame, or Fire Emblem) wasn't censorship, it was money grubbing.
The more work they have to do, the more they can get paid.
So they look for anything they can say that needs to be changed that think they reasonably get away with.
>>
I'm super worried about the new fire emblem.

I'm going to buy it to support the franchise, but I know something is going to get fucked up.

Hell I don't even care about the petting minigame,but I still want it in the game even if I don't use it. I never want something taken away from me I guess. Be it a correct translation to content.
>>
>>318537221
SJWs need to fucking die already!
>>
>>318540990
In the past it was because of Puritan Christians outrage.

Today is because of SJW outrage.
>>
>>318569432
Do you really think the addition or subtraction of a skimpy outfit or a breast slider would hurt or increase sales in any significant way? It's censorship for censorship's sake.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at imagescucc@gmail.com with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.