[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought this because of the good reviews on Steam. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
171 KB, 1920x1080
I just bought this because of the good reviews on Steam.

What do you think, /v/?
>>
>>318437036
its fun enough
>>
>>318437036
I think you can play it and check it for yourself
>>
Fun puzzle game, wonderful dialogue, beautiful world, lots of easter eggs, expect at the very least 10 hours, probably more.

My only complaint is the recorder levels start to feel more like a chore, though they weren't really hard.
>>
>>318437328
Suck my dick faggot
>>
>>318437537
This is not me (OP)
>>
File: 1445378986685.jpg (360 KB, 710x508) Image search: [Google]
1445378986685.jpg
360 KB, 710x508
>Exit a puzzle
>Looking around as I do so in case there's something I missed on the sides
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's a fucking Croteam game, I don't know why I expected anything else.

Cool game though.
>>
>>318437804
there's screamers?
>>
>>318437036
I would say its one of the really rare games that is honestly better then just the sum of its parts.

The puzzles average to about 7/10
The graphics average around 8/10
The story 7/10
The writing 8/10
But overall score? 9/10 for me.

Its hard to explain why, but it just tickled the perfect itch for me.
>>
You got lucky because it's a great puzzle game.
But you're being stupid in believing reviews.
>>
>>318438172
Not really, one time early on you encounter a hologram that runs towards you screaming and they get erased and the voice in the sky talks about it. The screaming is a Serious Sam reference.
>>
>>318438172
No, but there is a joke about another certain Croteam game.

Honestly though, the game unnerves the hell out of me. The constant glitching out makes me think something bad's about to happen, or I'll turn around and there'll just be another person standing next to a corner in the distance.
>>
Is it at all related to Law of Talos?
>>
Fun puzzles although the game's length borderlines on being too repetitive with the number of gameplay elements introduced.

The visuals are gorgeous and the story presentation is phenomenal.
>>
>>318437036
A lot of the puzzles can't be solved using logic, instead it requires out-of-the-box thinking which makes it far less satisfying. Often you just stumble upon a solution after looking for hours.

The "funny" messages on the terminals are facebook/reddit as fuck.

Other than that it's good.
>>
>>318438851
yes
>>
Trying to get the cracked version to work.
>>
>>318438759
The game is supposed to unnerve you every so slightly. Its part of the reason why it works so well.
>>
Has the DRM been fixed yet
>>
It's good.
>>
good puzzles and the writing was good and didn't really go in the direction that i was expecting, sucks that the true ending is hidden behind getting 100% completion which pretty much requires reading a walkthrough.
>>
>>318437036
It was written by two Indie devs. But the actual game was made by Croteam.

I think that's how these things should be tackled, because while the writing is well-done, the actual game mechanics are engaging and require a bit of challenge.

I guarantee if those writers hadn't been with Croteam to make the game, they would've taken out the game aspect and made it a walking simulator like Gone Home and Dear Esther
>>
File: 1412028027620.png (3 MB, 10000x10000) Image search: [Google]
1412028027620.png
3 MB, 10000x10000
>>318439047
Good luck using the Elevator
>>
the normal puzzles are great.

I dislike most of the star pieces (extra puzzles) though. They often rely on finding some exploit without much reasoning required.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.