[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does partners in time get so much shit? I don't even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
Why does partners in time get so much shit? I don't even remember why. I remember the last boss fight being pretty awesome.
>>
babies crying over the final boss and because they couldn't go back and grind like the cheap fucks they are
>>
bosses are damage sponges, need limited items to do any kind of real damage
>>
>>318432245
hub world
>>
Muh bros moves
>>
File: mario and luigi super star saga.gif (773 KB, 403x227) Image search: [Google]
mario and luigi super star saga.gif
773 KB, 403x227
I don't know, seems to have gotten worse over time. It's definitely the worst game out of the first three games, but it's nowhere near as mediocre as SPM or horrible as SS, it's just a slightly less good instalment in a great series.
>>
>>318432245
I actually never played it. I just always hated these babies since Mario Tennis. I always though they are a stupid idea and I just wanted a new M&L without a stupid permanent gimmick based on something I dislike.
>>
>>318432935

>shitposters in a nutshell

I hate 4chan
>>
>damage sponge bosses
>does nothing with the time travel gimmick
>no overworld, just a hub
>areas are pumped and dumped
>Bros. Attacks are quantifiable items instead of specials
>babies crying.mp3
>>
>>318432602

Least it added a bit of challenge
>>
>>318433219

drawing out a boss fight over an extended period without any new attack patterns is tedious, not challenging
>>
>>318432245
Anon who grew up with the series here

Partners in time had a depressing atmosphere, felt linear thanks to the hub world and the fact that you could no longer play as Luigi (which was a huge letdown after superstar saga) led to the game's downfall

it's not a bad game, it's actually quite fun and intriguing but it doesn't hold a candle to its predecessor
>>
Reminder that damage sponge bosses are better than die-in-5-turns bosses a la BIS
>>
>>318433219
Actually it was the opposite since you could just buy 99 Copy Flowers and 99 Mix Flowers like 2/3rds through the game and steamroll everything without even having to stop and restore BP ever
>>
>>318432245
There was literally nothing wrong with this game, but it didn't build on the standards its predecessors set very well and changed stuff when it wasn't necessary, ie linear world and bros. items
Enjoyed every minute of it though, and it was better than BiS
>>
>>318433486
You mean Dream Team? The rank up bonuses and badges in that game were so easy to abuse, just get the more POW per level one as soon as you can, and use the badges that give you POW Up and enemies DEF Down. With a Lucky hit or two you can kill the final boss in one turn.
>>
>>318432520
You're a fucking idiot. The boss isn't hard.

The problem is that if you live in the US the boss takes like an hour and a fucking half to beat because of all the HP it has, overleveled or not.
>>
>>318433589
>Not just getting the clothes that give you the best stats AND unlimited bro item usage
>>
>>318433975
You don't get those clothes until later though. You can buy Copy Flowers and Mix Flowers in that ruined town a bit past the halfway point.
>>
File: 1403494890819.png (525 KB, 10000x10000) Image search: [Google]
1403494890819.png
525 KB, 10000x10000
BAY BEES
>>
>>318432602
Supposedly the Japanese version doesn't have this problem, not sure about PAL.
>>
>>318432797
>Super Paper Mario
>Mediocre
It's definitely the second weakest of the Paper Mario series (not counting Paper Jam), but It was a fun game even if it missed the RPG elements that made the first two great.
>>
>>318432245
>Play through most of the game with no difficulty issue when I was 10 years old
>Literally cannot beat the final boss after so many tries

I have great memories of this game but holy fuck that difficulty spike
>>
>>318435049
It has its fun parts but it's very uneven throughout, with parts that are extremely boring and a cast of sidekicks that no-one even remembers. It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a letdown after how good the first two were - PiT isn't that much of a dip between BiS and SSS.
>>
>>318435470
It's less of a difficulty spike and more of an HP Spike.

Shroob Queen doesn't have a lot of HP but her shield takes a gorillion hits, break it with a Copy Flower in like one or two turns

Shroob Queen Elder does have a metric fuckton of HP but you can still cheese it out. Use Mix Flowers to kill all her limbs at once, use whatever to kill her crown, then go nuts with Copy Flowers again. It'll still probably take you like 45 minutes cause she has that fucking much HP.
>>
Its probably the hardest in the series, but the game really fucking drags and i wasnt a fan of the shroobs
>>
That one Swiggler boss was a pain.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.