[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RIP Sketchek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: 1428880303709.png (148 KB, 332x450) Image search: [Google]
1428880303709.png
148 KB, 332x450
Sketchek was a small youtuber who made short clips of his insane pyro combos + frags on TF2.

He was pretty good, and never used his voice or begged for views - just short, generally <1min clips of pure skill.

9 hours ago he uploaded a video entitled "Closure", where he said that he was dying and would be making no more videos due to a terminal illness.

He also said: "You should quit videogames and youtube. What I should have said earlier is this: If your excessive usage of videogames is preventing you from doing important things, you either need to be prepared to accept the consequences or reducing the amount of time you spend on them.

I played TF2 for 6 years, and that doesnt include the time I spent outside of the game talking about TF2, reading patch notes, watching videos. And I find it really bizarre, that this game was such a huge part of my life. I am now complety done with TF2 and Youtube, and even if I somehow make a complete recovery from my illness I will never come back.

I have put videogames behind me so I can focus on the bigger and better things that are waiting for me, and that I am sure are waiting for you too.

So take it easy. Read books, dont do drugs, life weights, stop jerking off, fistfight your dad. I'm gonna miss you guys"

I feel like I am going to quit videogames, if I can.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFr4AZYqsaU
>>
>Stop jerking off

lol did he rip his dick off or something
>>
>TF2
And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>318430661
so he has cancer too?
>>
imagine a ham radio operator saying this about their hobby

silly conclusion, isn't it?
>>
>>318431014

He said it was something to do with his central nervous system, and that it wasnt cancer, leukemia, AIDS or any other STI.
>>
>>318431230
Probably MS. REALLY shitty way to go.
>>
>>318431223

I dont know man, if I had spent the amount of time I have on videogames on ham radio, I would be just as concerned.

There has to be more to life.
>>
>stop jerking off
Please do not do this, it's not healthy
>>
>>318431230
I bet its MS. Shitty way to go out
>>
>>318431517
I don't know why you people have such high expectations.

I was born in a third world shithole. Having the privilege to sit inside and play games all day is something I only can dream of.
>>
The bottom line isn't that you should quit videogames, it's that you should learn to balance your fucking life like any other adult.
>>
Hobbies are bad, don't waste your life on them. Spend your life, like, LIVING man.
>>
>>318431883
Problem is that usually requires you to quit video games, or at least the ones that people consider to be 'hardcore.'

I used to be with it. Then I got a job, a house, a girlfriend, a car, and now I don't have to be WITH it. Now what people do isn't what I'm with now, or at least what I have time for.

IT'LL HAPPEN TO YOU.
>>
>>318431517
>I dont know man, if I had spent the amount of time I have on videogames on ham radio, I would be just as concerned.
that's it exactly
it's the fault of the person, not the hobby
>>
>>318431312
>>318431658
I knew Windows10 was fucking bad but now it's actually KILLING people.
>>
File: 1233008341354.jpg (5 KB, 190x180) Image search: [Google]
1233008341354.jpg
5 KB, 190x180
>>318431223
On some forgotten frequency some terminal ham-operator is probably cursing his wasted life right at this very moment...
>>
>>318432591
Hahaha.
But seriously, never develop Multiple Sclerosis.
>>
>>318433387
>never develop Multiple Sclerosis.
Just try and stop me.
>>
File: 1447766091401.png (419 KB, 571x652) Image search: [Google]
1447766091401.png
419 KB, 571x652
Personally, I think people need to appreciate themselves and their hobbies more.

Judging yourself by others achievements will make you ill. You only need to be someone that you can be proud of.
>>
File: Untitled.png (95 KB, 434x320) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
95 KB, 434x320
>See ya space cowboy
>>
>come across this youtube page before the summer
>he announced he would no longer do youtube videos
>finds good frags
>fucking loses the youtube page and no longer finds it
>he's gone now
>>
>that feel when I just slipped back into the vidya/fap/sleep alot hole after almost making it out a year ago.
>>
videogames are entertainment designed to artificially fire off the right mix of signals in your brain. its just a flat screen with lights on it. humans didnt evolve to be stimulated like this so it leads to an unfulfilling existence. especially if its the only thing you do.
>>
>>318435761
this is the most euphoric fedora tippingest thing i have ever read on this website in years of browsing, congratulations
>>
>You're gonna carry that weight.

Fuck this is such a perfect way to end any sad video. I don't even know this guy but he sounded like a good person, hope he can have fun and enjoy the time he has left.
>>
>>318437271
wait 10 minutes and hit up another topic...
>>
>>318437271
nice coping mechanism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
>>
Threadly reminder that vidya is just one scapegoat that an unhappy person can use to try to explain his self-destructive behavior. Playing a lot of videogames is not bad, what's bad is NOT doing important things like getting a job, making/spending time with friends, and taking care of yourself.

If you're anything like me, you probably don't even end up playing that many games in the first place.
>>
I never knew this guy even existed but Jesus Christ I would love to have a beer with him.
>>
>>318432871

But will any of the other 3 ham users in the world hear him?
>>
File: 1397277282801.png (907 KB, 637x903) Image search: [Google]
1397277282801.png
907 KB, 637x903
>>318430661
>I have put videogames behind me so I can focus on the bigger and better things that are waiting for me, and that I am sure are waiting for you too.
What, love? I'm working on that just the same as I work on my vidya and other hobbies, and my studies. Lazily and at my own pace, one that I'm comfortable with.

Just because you're dying doesn't mean you know any better what other people should be doing with their lives. Actually, I've been through a life-changing shock too, when I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes completely out of the blue. I wasn't a total slob before but I started taking my health a lot more seriously after that.

Hope he gets better.
>>
>stop enjoying things that I stopped enjoying after my revelation!
>I'm right, and you're wrong!

Glad he's dead. Who gives a fuck about some retard who thinks he can dictate my hobbies just because he has terminal butthurt. Burn in hell.
>>
>>318435312
Try moving out of your parents house and getting a job or going to school.

NEETscum
>>
File: 1363370893251.png (435 KB, 468x399) Image search: [Google]
1363370893251.png
435 KB, 468x399
>>318439819
>just do this xD
>>
>>318439819
Im living on my own and im in uni. Currently im in my second part after studying day and night to pass my first semester I feel empty and cant bring myself to apply myself to current classes
>>
>>318439819
>graduate college
>get apartment
>too depressed to get a job
>money is slowly draining while I pay rent and loans
Great advice.
>>
>>318431836
this

niggas dont know how good they got it until they lose it
>>
>>318431836
There is no absolute scale of misery, the worst you have ever felt is damn near the worst you can feel. Not only that, but different things can make a person unhappy, there is no one kind of suffering.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (446 KB, 1600x1251) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
446 KB, 1600x1251
>>318431971
Hobbies are what make life worth living anon.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.