[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so if I really liked fable would I like this game? I want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: dwadwa.png (325 KB, 300x449) Image search: [Google]
dwadwa.png
325 KB, 300x449
so if I really liked fable would I like this game? I want to actually buy something this sale.
>>
It's like Fable except with a bland generic fantasy world and 5 times the content.
>>
It's an offline MMO with horribly implemented level scaling that punishes exploration HARD.
It's also really really easy with completely broken OP crafting system.

The battle system is really fun but it's still a repetitive singleplayer MMO in the end.

Personally i thought the game was absolutely fucking amazing for the first 6-8 hours, then good for another 2 and completely dogshit afterwards when the repetitiveness kicked in.

There are some mods that try to balance the difficulty but it's not enough.
>>
its a good game. alot of thought went into the lore and I at least found it interesting. Freaking gorgeous on high specs, gameplay is great and addictive. The main complaint it gets is that its an offline mmo but honestly I dont see how it differs from any other wrpg that claims to be open world. You have quests sometimes fetch or kill x but I found the world and the humor really draw me in.
>>
World map is fucking huge, and i mean, FUCKING HUGE.

Combat is very fun and fast and you won't get bored if you decide to try every single class/build. Chakrams are nice to use and never gets old. Some places are very fucking comfy and beautiful too, with some kinda of SweetFX or some shit like that it can look way better. NPCs and story is meh at best and sometimes bad. Loot is nice and armor is neat to see on your character. HARD mode is a joke, if you wanna some challenge don't use the special mode (reckoning mode) and don't use crafted gear and any kind of potion (like, more damage os some shit like that).
>>
>>318419225
its no more repetitive than an action rpg such as diablo 2. the problem is the layout of monsters and the lack of monster variety.
>>
>>318418570
It feels like a sequel to Fable 2 we never had.
It lacks Fable's magical charm and atmosphere (it's kinda different), but gameplay is much better in this one.
Also... class(fate cards) system is fucking amazing.
>>
Good for one cheap playthrough.

I thought the Fae was an interesting concept then suddenly final boss is a dragon.
>>
>>318418846
So its fable with more content?
>>
It's the most generic RPG in all of gaming history but it's solid.
>>
>>318419426
Yeah I agree the only way to get any long lasting enjoyment out of the combat (which is actually pretty good) is if you have a ridiculous amount of self imposed restrictions. World is surprisingly gigantic with a lot of content. Alot of the content is rather bland but the variety in locations is refreshing.

Def worth the price if you can find it on sale
>>
>>318420116
Think it's more accurate to call it an offline single player MMO.
>>
it is not exactly super generic, but its not exactly spectacular.
i guess its strongest point is that its solid all around. i enjoyed it.
if you're looking for a nice, long, action rpg with pretty locations and gorgeous asses, and a fairly interesting story and lore, you wont be disappointed.
>>
I somehow clocked 70 hours in this without the expansions, like >>318419383 said the world and lore draws you in and it's really nice and colorful except that last area klurikon? is that the name?, fuck that place
Rathir is a pretty cool city, you can own some awesome houses and even a keep later on.
For 5-20 dollars it's totally worth it if you enjoy the fable aesthetic
>>
>>318418570
its like an offline MMO. Dont buy it
>>
>>318420462
There were expansions? Didn't the studio die a few months after the game's release?
>>
>>318419225
>horribly implemented level scaling that punishes exploration HARD.

It's just completely inexcusable and utterly ruins the game.

Dragon Age Inquisition is on sale too, get that instead.
>>
>>318418570
I don't like that it's generic fantasy and they call all the races weird shit instead of humans and elves.
I know other games do this too, but I just couldn't be bothered to care about the lore in this game.
>>
>>318420789
but can it Fable?
>>
The game is boring, if you're completely new to fantasy setting you might enjoy it.
Extremely generic and uninnovative. MMO like.
>>
>>318418570

As someone who adores the first two fables, I couldn't really get into this game. Not sure why, I see where the cross appeal would come from.

Witcher 3 is honestly scratching that itch ATM. Walking throw peasant villages, I get that comfy feeling I got from Oakield in Fable 2
>>
>>318420606
There are two DLC's. A boring one and a great one.
>>
>>318420848
They've just rolled back to the stuff that modern generic fantasy is based on. So they've not invented a load of new names just to be different.

The lore is probably the only good part of the game.

>>318420929
Well, it's as disappointing as Fable 3.
>>
It's easy as fuck. Maybe if you go for the universalist build it might be challenging, but like everyone else here said, it's maximum repetitive and extremely linear dungeon and exploration. Felt like it had potential to be decent, and it will be fun for a little while. Ultimately, it'll leave a bad taste in your mouth.
>>
File: 944x531[1].jpg (107 KB, 944x531) Image search: [Google]
944x531[1].jpg
107 KB, 944x531
What most anons here seem to forget is the most crucial question OP:
Do you like what you see?

If so, you have all the reason to buy it.
>>
>>318422208
>if you go for the universalist build it might be challenging,
Nope. Chakrkams, Greatswords and +crit from Leather.
>>
>>318422208
It really left me feeling like it was a game designed by people who hate video games and think the people people who play them are fucking stupid.

I never get mad at video games, but this one really got to me.
>>
>>318422208

I pummeled through the game with full might/plate build with hammer on my first run. Shit was fun as fuck.
Late game was too easy with it though, it's literally overpowered.
>>
>>318422551
>It really left me feeling like it was a game designed by people who hate video games and think the people people who play them are fucking stupid.
Nah it was made with a checklist. You have a lot of effort put into it's different aspects but in the end they just put the bare minimum of everything into the finished product and released it when the checklist was done. It feels so bad to some people because it's just so formulaic and standard in every aspect.

I still enjoy it though. Even if just for all the different animations for sneak attacks and the Dead Kel DLC.
>>
>>318423338
If it was just a bare minimum game that they shat out I wouldn't be bothered at all.

It's actually all the polish and the great production values that makes it so infuriating.

It looks great, it runs great, the voice acting is nearly always spot on and the world they built is interesting and compelling.

But every decision and design choice regarding player agency is predicated on the assumption that the player is fucking stupid.
>>
>>318418570
>buy
>a game whose devs went under
>literally just handing money to people who had nothing to do with the making of the game
I bet you bought VTMB and felt good about it, too.
>>
>>318423950
I bought VTMB at launch and it wasn't even possible to complete it.

Didn't really feel overly good about it.
>>
>>318420116
How edgy and contrarian of you.
>>
>>318422457
Underage pls go.
>>
>>318420269
With superior combat, shit was awesome
>>
>>318424717
Or would be if you didn't one shot everything.

All those options they give you rarely get a chance to use them.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.