[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rainbow Six: Siege
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: Rainbow-Six-Siege-Logo.jpg (21 KB, 610x333) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow-Six-Siege-Logo.jpg
21 KB, 610x333
Do you think this game will be worth it? I was thinking about picking it up but my friends want me to buy star wars battle front. I am not to into star wars and I feel like it won't last very long and I fucking hate EA AND ORIGIN.

What does /v/ think of rainbow six siege? It seems good gameplay wise but I am not sure how big the community will be.

It seems pretty tactical too. Could be wrong though. I haven't played it.
>>
>>318417804
I'm so much more hyped for Due Process right now it isn't even funny.

Do we know if Siege will have LAN support?
>>
>>318418179

Wait what is due process? Is that a game type or a whole nother game/
>>
aw fuck.. its going to have a season pass!? FUCK
>>
>>318418252

Shitty early access game. Ignore him.

IMO Rainbow Six siege is fucking fun but I'd pay most 30 bucks for it.
>>
It was fun when I played the open beta, but overall massively lacking in content and not worth the price tag.
The rounds are too short, boring and simple and it's something you'll get bored of fast and stop playing
>>
I have an entire clan worth of friends to play Battlefront with and I'm selling that shit and picking up Siege to play with my one other friend that's getting it.

Battlefront got boring after a few days and I'm not waiting a year for all the DLC to complete the game. I'll pick up the GOTY edition next year when it's 30 dollars

Siege is pretty unique to me and I like rappelling across walls like spiderman.
>>
>>318418910

aww shit I saw that too. Fucking season passes man. Scourge of the vidya world.

At least Sieges is only 30 compared to Battlefronts ridiculous 50.
>>
>>318417804
Played in open beta and like fuck its really fun, tactical n shit, but gunplay is a bit sloppy and buggy, every deathcam will be air shooting. Shit still fun tho. Would pay 30$ most
>>
>>318419078
>shitty
Yeah, that game a year or so from release sure is shit.
>early access game
Literally wrong.
>>
File: 1448353597556.gif (620 KB, 240x236) Image search: [Google]
1448353597556.gif
620 KB, 240x236
>Complain about EA and Origin
>Fine with buying a Ubisoft game that needs uPlay
>>
>>318420465
It was a beta, nigga. Obviously the core mechanic of the game will be better synced and ready for it's release.

This holiday season I already picked up Fallout 4, but was severely disappointed desu, and I will also be picking up Siege tonight, and will not be as disappointed I imagine.
>>
>>318417804
Played the closed beta once and never looked back.

It was just another clunky boring shooter with muh reinforced doors
>>
any word on offline splitscreen?
>>
>>318423228
There's no splitscreen
>>
>>318423485
ANY WORD ON OFFLINE SPLITSCREEN?
>>
>>318420194
All DLC is free with Siege, all the season pass gets you is a few extras and early access to the DLC and new operators which you also get without having to grind renown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odN7OGdR4yI
>>
>>318423880
Wrong link meant to post this not the vid

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1318148-Rainbow-Six-Siege-Is-Designed-For-The-Long-Term
>>
I love it.

The game is alot of fun, wouldnt pay 60 bucks, but you can get it for less.

Bought it after they released this
>>318423984
>>
I had fun on the opne beta. I just might buy it.
>>
I think it's mostly faggots that can't afford the latest greatest consoles that bitch about how the game it going to be shitty.

/v/ should keep track of equipment used for gaming and we could seperate the PS4 fags from the PS3 fags, and the octo core gaming rigs from the dual core toasters.
>>
it is awesome fun. The tension, the physics, the atmosphere. It all works for me. It is an intelligent shooter and allows for great tactical matches that are not drawn out long. love SWAT type games. This is going to be my main game for a while.
>>
I bought a key for 30 bucks. About what I would pay for it.
>>
>>318425947

having buddies to communicate with in this game is incredible. It's set up so that coordination and call-outs really give an advantage. There's nothing better than breaching from one side of the building as a distraction, then having everyone fly in through the windows of the other side.
>>
I'm super excited to be playing this. Hopefully my roommate picks it up tonight so I can play it in the morning before work.
>>
>>318426418
This.

I played open and closed beta with 2 buddies.

The coordination makes the whole thing 10 times better.

If you dont have friends to play with, I wouldnt buy it.
>>
>>318428121
>>318427326
>>318426418
>>318425947
>>318424905
>>318424668
Holy shit is /v/ filled with Ubishit marketers or is the game actually good?
>>
File: 1447214751160.jpg (23 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1447214751160.jpg
23 KB, 500x400
>>318419670

Lack of content? It showed off only 2 of the gameplay modes (unsure of how many, 4 confirmed so far) and 3 of the 11 maps (with free dlc maps in the works). The only thing I want is more guns and operators.

The rounds are only short if you suck and your whole team dies in the opening seconds. Do you not coordinate your offense/defense?

Judging the content of a game based on the beta is like saying a slice of pie represents the total pie. You can argue over the taste, but it's just a slice, not the full pie. What do you expect for free? You're retarded.
>>
netcode is trash. don't buy until it gets fixed.
>>
>>318418910
>>318420194

Don't get it unless you want the boost and skins, all post launch maps are free.
>>
>>318428782
RB6 is a top tier series IMO. Vegas didn't really stick to the style of the older games but was fun in its own regards. This game goes a bit closer to the roots while making acceptable concessions to the more casual gamers of today. I have a blast playing it and look forward to the additional maps / features that the full release will bring.
>>
>>318428782
Did you not play the game during the alpha or beta phases?
>>
>>318417804
It's fun with friends but so is everything else. It reeks of being unfinished though.
>>
It's shit. I need raven shield 2
>>
>>318423984
They don't even mention the word "Season Pass" anywhere on there. So why even buy a Season Pass for?!
>>
>>318428782
Liking a video game, and discussing purchasing it the night before it gets released is not marketing, m8.

I'm a consumer, and I want to buy and play this game, and I will be on release. They're not doing map packs, they're not holding game content hostage for a season pass purchase, it's all there, it's all being released, and it's all being updated as it continues.

This game was fun, reminds me of counter-strike, for those of us that have done 5v5 clan matches and tournaments.

I'm excited to play this game, and that's after a very disappointed experience with Fallout 4.
>>
>>318428782
it's a decently fun game, even if it's not "true" to the series. but IMO it's totally unplayable until they fix the netcode.
>>
No, shit FOV, uplay, guaranteed DLC packs. Get insurgency instead it is cheaper and more or less scratches the same itch. Insurgency is still pretty crap
>>
>>318431183
What the fuck is the Season Pass for then?!
>>
Played 3 matches, got bored as fuck, canceled pre-order

Might buy it when it's cheaper
>>
>>318431178
>So why even buy a Season Pass for?!
You don't have to buy it, the season pass is more of a way to get everything without having to grind the renown.

All you get in the season pass is

-1 week early access to DLC maps
-1 week early access to 8 new operators
-all the new operators are unlocked straight away instead of having to use 25k renown to unlock them
-a few skins
-permanent + 5% renown boost
-6500 rainbow credits

All gameplay content is free, you don't need the season pass for anything. It is just for bonuses and early access.
>>
>>318431178
>>318431708
Quit sperging out, kid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCdJBkiT7aY
>>
File: 1433648543947.jpg (26 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1433648543947.jpg
26 KB, 640x360
>>318430486
>tfw a fucking retard at planning

My first tactical FPS was SWAT 4, so I can't really deal with pre-planning. I also learned from the first mission to distrust AI for teams you aren't controlling, because they can't deal with fuckers on a catwalk above them.
>>
>>318431845
Also

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-227777-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
>>
>>318431845
EA should take notes.
>>
>>318421606
The difference is that Tom Clancy games are usually good.
>>
>>318431759
But it is cheaper.

http://www.cd keys.com/pc/games/tom-clancy-s-rainbow-six-siege-pc-cd-key-uplay
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.