[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Etrian Odyssey V be a Wii U game? Mapping with the gamepad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Will Etrian Odyssey V be a Wii U game? Mapping with the gamepad mite b cool, and theyd be able to have a larger world with more in it.

>implying it wouldnt be badass if Yggdrasil in this game was a space elevator, and the legends always say you cant reach the top because you die horribly (obviously they dont realize its because past a ceetain stratum the life support no longer functions) and you need to get "ancient armor", ie a space suit, to go higher
>top levels are a creepy abandoned space station/colony with a vibe sort of like the final labyrinth in EOIV
>>
>>318411502
NX will be out before they get to make it, after all they still have to make EO3U and EO4U
>>
Reminder that it's been over a year since it's been announced and we haven't gotten any new info
>>
>>318411502
Why would they move from 3DS to Wii U?
>>
>>318411853
I dont really feel 4 needs a remake. To me it was just bringing everything 'up to 3ds levels'

though having not played III and hearing its the best im excited for that to eventually come out.

>>318412224
Kinda true. Honestly i almost feel like handhelds will become the console for 'core gamers' or whatever, whereas consoles will be regulated for normie-tier casual garbage like Madden, generic COD/BF rehashes and the AAA Meme games of what will become of TES, Fallout, ect.
>>
>>318411502
Etrian Odyssey doesn't sell enough for it to move to consoles, especially not the WiiU. HD graphics also don't really suit this type of game, budget aside.

Notice how few JRPGs and turn based JRPGs are still on consoles these days, and then consider EO is even more old school and niche then that.
>>
File: brain games.png (284 KB, 654x679) Image search: [Google]
brain games.png
284 KB, 654x679
Honestly i hope they expand on what they did in IV. a world where you can navigate around and go to different places was nice.

Have it so that the actual 'labyrinth's are all stratum of Yggdrasil, but still have smaller caves that you can explore for side quests, grinding, ect.

Have a few different cities instead of just one, where you might find different items or weapons for different prices.

>>318414065
niche enough that NoA didn censor the DLC for Untold 2? lol
>>
>>318414352
have voice acting for shopkeepers and stuff like they do in Untold, and generic grunts and yelps for the guild members. Having an animation of them attacking like in Persona Q would be nice too.

Heres a question, though. Will it be, in effect, EOV: Untold, i mean, having an 'Untold'-tier story and a separate 'classic' mode?
>>
>>318411502
dont tease me they wont do that

also, the fuck did a robot become a tree?
>>
>>318414619
> Heres a question, though. Will it be, in effect, EOV: Untold, i mean, having an 'Untold'-tier story and a separate 'classic' mode?

To be honest, I hope the untold series is tanking and they are reconsidering whether to move the main series into that direction. No idea how much EOU2 sold though, so this could be the opposite of what is happening.
>>
>>318411502
>and theyd be able to have a larger world with more in it.
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAJAHABAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Implying that atlus would put that kind of effort into anything that isn't Persona!
>>
I cant see them going to the Wii U, they already know how to make shit for the 3DS so they will stick with that.

Unless the NX IS in fact a 3DS successor and they are making it for that. but then you could extrapolate from that that mapping on the touch screen is integral to the series and then the NX must have that sort of thing as well.

Who the fuck knows but its probably just another 3DS entry
>>
File: bg.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1123) Image search: [Google]
bg.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1123
>>318414352
An overworld seems really likely considering this promotional image so you don't need to worry about that.
>>
>>318415793

that tiny village at the base of the tree seems like it'll be the main town of the game.

There's also a futuristic one in the back.
>>
>>318414619
>have voice acting for shopkeepers and stuff like they do in Untold, and generic grunts and yelps for the guild members.

I'd prefer characters to be silent, having voices ends up ruining my immersion.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.