[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Showing as much restraint as you can to resist turning this into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: Xbone.jpg (256 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Xbone.jpg
256 KB, 1280x720
Showing as much restraint as you can to resist turning this into a "Console vs PC" thread, can you explain why anybody would buy a Xbone over a PS4 besides Halo?
>>
File: 0910902131.png (2 MB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
0910902131.png
2 MB, 1200x1500
+ The controller is good

Don Mattrick left two years ago OP.
>>
>>318409231
>+ The controller is good
Can't say I like the controller. The DS4 is perfect, so was the 360's controller. Feels like they messed it up.

Scalebound looks interesting though.
>>
>>318409062
becasue they liked the 360, or grew up playing on xbox/360 and instead of getting a ps4 they got the xboner.....i got mine because ive always had xbox/360 and last black friday (2014) i got it plus mcc for like 350......to me gaming isnt a way of life like it used to be, but even when it was i didnt mind that i couldnt play certian games on one or the other consoles.

i think it really comes down to weather or not you can live with the fact that you wont be able to play a certian number of games on one consol or another, and weather or not "hur muh mods/ hur muh graphics" fags think you are a retard for getting it.

its all about personal preference, how much money you have and what your comfortable with. just like every fucking other thing in life.
>>
>>318409062
Bought mine as a multiplat machine purely for because I like the controller way more than the DS4. That's pretty much it. I'd rather play with a good controller than anything else.
>>
>>318409359
Not sure if you tried the improved one, i've heard a lot of people had problems with the bumpers of the older version?

In my opinion the Xbone controller is a lot more streamline and built around the hand for a more comfortable gaymen experience.
>>
>>318409471
You bought one simply because you had an original and 360? Didn't the exclusives or anything else enter your reasoning?
>>
>>318409987
Well the only experience I had was at a demo stand, so possibly. The bumpers did feel like shit to try and press.
>>
>>318409231
>cuphead
damn that shit looks good, too bad it's coming to PC too
>>
>>318410054
well i got a ps3 about 6 months or so before getting the boner and played the last of us, and when my 360 died i palyed fifa on it...but desu i hated the controler so much that i ended up playing it to much at the end.

when i was younger without a family i might have liked to have some of the exclusives but i was either to broke at the time, or didnt care enough about videogames to look at things like exclusives.
>>
>>318410429
>too bad its coming to pc too

Why, is crossplay/crossbuy a bad thing?
>>
>>318409471
this nigga preachin
>>
I have PS4 and Xbox One.

I bought them for their respective exclusives.

Both have good shit coming out in 2016.
>>
i bought my xbone over a ps4 because the only exclusive game i cared about was halo.

if i had to choose again, i dont see why i wouldnt pick an xbone.

only a fucking tool comes to /v/ and makes a decision based on what people are saying, live your own fucking life
>>
>>318410882
Less of a reason to buy a bone. Just like I wouldn't buy a ps4 for rocket league
>>
>>318411920
Thats why full exclusives exist as well.

Cuphead being on PC doesnt suck the enjoyment out the Xbone version.
>>
>>318412076
You're missing the point
>>
>>318412076
And I dont think you understand the incentive of Xbox becoming a service as opposed to the device itself.

Whether you buy Cuphead on Xbone or PC, MS wins.

You can play it on whatever platform you want, you're in their ecosystem.
>>
>>318412203
The fuck are you on about?...
>>
>>318409062
I have both. PS4 started off way better. However the new xbox one controllers are really good even though there was only a few changes. Xbox Live seems to be way more stable than PSN.
>>
>>318412353
It being on pc isn't a selling point for the bone, that was my point and you completely fucking missed it.
>>
>>318412428
this basically

MS are trying hard as hell whilst Sony have gotten lazy
>>
>>318412473
No its not, its an added incentive.

Bloodborne is a core reason you'd buy a PS4, Rocket League is an incentive.

Halo 5/Scalebound etc. is a core you'd buy an Xbone, Cuphead is an incentive (combined with the fact that soon every game will come with a free W10 copy and be able to play with W10 PC's)
>>
>>318412473
Oh ok, still looks good
Gonna pirate it :^)
>>
>>318412615
This
>>
>>318412473
Yes but it being on the Xbone + the presence of full exclusives is a selling point for the Xbone.

It being on the PC is a selling point for the PC

Theres no tug of war or whatever youre trying to imply.
>>
>>318409062
>Exclusives.
>Controller.
>If you owned a 360 and want to keep your achievements.
>Friends own it.

Thats it I think.
>>
I just bought an Xbone so I could play online with my friends again. Haven't done that since Reach; I miss it.
>>
>>318412615
yeah this is why theres a minimal amount of shitposting when things like KI and Gears go to PC

theres way more benefits than cons
>>
I'm a car autist so Forza Motorsport/Horizon tickles my balls more than Driveclub and Gran Turismo.
>>
HEY YOU DUMB FUCKING NIGGER APES, RAIDEN V IS FINALLY ANNOUNCED.

http://gematsu.com/2015/11/raiden-v-launches-february-25-japan
>>
File: reso.jpg (111 KB, 907x619) Image search: [Google]
reso.jpg
111 KB, 907x619
the exclusives always matter, and I can't think of anything that tickles my fancy on PS, bu halo and gears will always be stuff I want to paly
also I've never liked PS controllers
the tv passthrough is a way of life, as are voice commands. My 3 year old can pause a movie even though she has no idea how a remote works
Also my living room falls into the category where the higher resolution on PS is literally irrelevant
>>
>>318413568
300 sales maximum

ill be one of them, not even mad, i hope this re-ignites the shmup scene on xbox
>>
File: 1448240559346.jpg (49 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
1448240559346.jpg
49 KB, 470x470
they're basically the same console, only sonyggers believe that their console is somehow special or better. same games, same paid online, same sub-1080p sub-60fps power. they're even more similar than xbox 360 and ps3 were.

t. masterrace
>>
Better controller, backwards compatibility.

I personally like the bone exclusives more but that's a matter of taste.

I own both a ps4 as well.
>>
>>318413801
I dunno, never played Raiden anyway but I really like these kind of arcade games. Import day one.
>>
>>318409062
I bought one for sunset overdrive
Currently playing SMITE and Halo 5 on it.
>>
>>318409062
>Gears
>Forza
>Crackdown
>BC for both systems (360 was just released and they confirmed hueg is in the works)
>Other shit like Scalebound and Recore
>Rare games
>>
>>318410054
Its not like any system has any real good exclusives
>>
File: 1263984143215.png (39 KB, 523x472) Image search: [Google]
1263984143215.png
39 KB, 523x472
>>318409062

Got both but i got the Xbone first because most of my friends choose Xbone like we choose Xbox 360
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.