[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ hate this game? And don't give me the "hurrr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: life is strange dev diary.jpg (202 KB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
life is strange dev diary.jpg
202 KB, 594x334
Why does /v/ hate this game? And don't give me the "hurrr tumblr sjw" nonsense.
>>
>game
>>
>Why does /v/ hate this game?
it's nearly not as hated as some hot garbage like Skyrim, Inquisition or Undertale
>>
"game"
>>
>>318408975
Terrible dialog. I played the demo and never thought of buying it after that. Also I don't like the fact that you could re do your choices.
>>
>>318409249
this
and bad writing.
>>
Terrible writing
"""""Gameplay"""""" consists of pressing the choice you want and watching it unfold.
Time-travel bullshit
Ashley "Kek" Burch voices one of the characters.

I'm not supporting the Burch family, not since Borderlands 2.
>>
>>318409249
The dialogue gets better in later episodes though
>>
>>318408975
I enjoyed it for what it is, but like most games of these types, the final episode was underwhelming and your decitions didn't matter jack shit at the end also like >>318409249 says the dialog was noticeably akward at times, so I can understand why people hate it aside from muh sjw conspiracy.
>>
Do you really want to know?

I just hate it because they ran an ad campaign on BYOND for several weeks and I had to sit through the ads every time. Maybe it was just poor selection of lines or something but the writing seemed awful! I was so tired of hearing:

I FEEL LIKE I'M IN SOME SORT OF DREAM NIGHTMARE
>>
>>318409470
Less hella cringeworthy "hip" speak, but still just as awkward and stilted dialogue in later episodes.
>>
>>318408975

it's a western VN and VNs aren't games
>>
>>318408975

Its not because of the tumblr sjw nonsense.

the game is alright, but the gaming hivemind in general thinks its amazing BECAUSE of the sjw nonsense
>>
File: consider-the-following.jpg (25 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following.jpg
25 KB, 300x301
Dude it's hardly a 'game' and more of a 'interactive choose-your-own-adventure'

A 'game' has a winner and a loser. A game has a challenge surmounted.

This 'game' is purely telling a story. It's an interactive novel.

And yes, they're going to be more and more popular.
>>
>>318409951
This is why I'll never play bloodborne unfortunately. That jingle will haunt me.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.