[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miyazaki, we need to talk man. Look, you do realize you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12
File: i'm dead LOL.jpg (61 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
i'm dead LOL.jpg
61 KB, 1200x675
Miyazaki, we need to talk man. Look, you do realize you're Japanese, right? Why do you keep making all these games with sickdark themes and characters? I mean, look at Kamiya, he doesn't do that shit, Bayonetta series is very dark but has lots of light hearted and campy humor. Your game has none of the quirky humor we love in Japanese games. It tries way too hard to be some sickdark westaboo crap. You need to knock it off, get an internship with Platinum Games, and get back to your roots. Your games don't even have fucking lolis or fappable characters in them, come on man. Am I seriously supposed to fap to this blatantly bad Vampire Hunter D ripoff? She's fucking dead too, that's necrophilia dude. You need help.

Also can you learn from Kamiya how to make good gameplay, that clunky ass movement and limited stiff combat sucks, Bayonetta was so much better, that game had actual combos. Your games it's like 3 hits and that's it, wtf is with that? No juggles either. Lame. More focus on GAMEPLAY, and not sickdark shit, alright?
>>
do everyone a favor and kill yourself
>>
he's not a pleb like you

fuck you

>sickdark

double fuck you
>>
File: Hideki-Kamiya_BIOboxart_160w.jpg (14 KB, 160x220) Image search: [Google]
Hideki-Kamiya_BIOboxart_160w.jpg
14 KB, 160x220
>>318403260
>he's not a pleb like you

He made a series of games that play like ass, meanwhile this man focused on actual gameplay and made fun memorable games with deep combat systems. Not eddy settings full of freak monsters and freak player characters no one can relate to.
>>
Reminder to please ignore shitposters
>>
SUPERIOR LIMB BASED COMBAT!
>>
File: Lightning.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Lightning.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
An actual good female character design, unlike Miyazaki's edgelord crap
>>
>>318403790
This. Just...this. So glad someone finally said it.
>>
>>318403783
Bayonetta has limb based combat, unlike the Souls series shallow combat system

Behold, a REAL boss fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcdmaoFr8Wo

Now look at this from shitborne:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hN66R2yjgs

Slow, clunky, boring as fuck, and no colors. It's trash.
>>
>>318403501
In terms of having a high skill ceiling and a bit of nuance? Yeah, Kamiya makes "deep" games. But the surface level is shit. They're bad games that are a chore to play. Meanwhile Miyazaki makes games with actual thoughtful and satisfying combat as well as unparalleled aesthetic direction.
>>
Fun fact, Japan loves HP Lovecraft almost as much as the US. And it shows in Bloodborne.
>>
>>318404153
>Japan loves HP Lovecraft

No, they don't, unless you can make Cthulhu a loli. Otherwise, they ain't interested in that sickdark crap.
>>
File: Hide.jpg (2 KB, 73x124) Image search: [Google]
Hide.jpg
2 KB, 73x124
>>318403117
>>
From 2009 to 2016 will have been five souls games, ignoring re-releases. That's about one every 1.5 years. They all play the same, sound the same, look the same, and stutter along at the same framerate
>>
File: SUPERIOR LIMB BASED COMBAT.jpg (2 MB, 3912x3048) Image search: [Google]
SUPERIOR LIMB BASED COMBAT.jpg
2 MB, 3912x3048
I can't shake the feeling that I've seen this shitposer before.
>>
>>318404153
Lovecraft was a fucking hack. Here is his literary style summed up:

>"There was this tomb/book/town/portal and inside was a monster that was so horrible, so awful, so repulsive, so inhuman, that I cannot even try to describe it, and were you to see it, you'd suffer a fate so horrendous, I cannot even put it into words. It's that bad, I can't even describe it."

Great writer there.
>>
>>318404316
Yup. Same shit slow movement, same shit slow combat, same shitty sickdark atmosphere and settings, same edgelord character and freak monster designs. Same crappy mix of dark ambient and overblown orchestra crap for music. Shit sucks copared to anything Kamiya and Itsuno have made. Miyazaki is the Tameem of Japan, he just loves edgelord shit.
>>
File: Blade Runner.jpg (2 MB, 1900x1044) Image search: [Google]
Blade Runner.jpg
2 MB, 1900x1044
I bet OP hates Cyberpunk as well.
>>
>>318404119
Sure is rewarding playing a battle of attrition as I slowly whitle away a beasts health in the very few openings it has while it can kill me in one or two hits as the fight goes for an hour or so.

Shits just boring, especially in a game where you're meant to be trading blows with your foes. The hunter fights remedy this but there are so few hunter bosses that it does not matter.
>>
>>318404897
Nah, I like it, a lot better than these crappy edgegod goth settings full of freak shit.
>>
>japanese game
>shit
>western game
>shit
>japanese game with western influence
>amazing
>>
>>318404998
Go back to jerking off to ponies you uncultured plen
>>
>>318405129
Go back to playing your fake westaboo edgegod games made for freaks.
>>
I wish there was a deep sea Souls game. The depths of the ocean are ripe for tension, interesting level and enemy design.
>>
>WHERE ARE THE ANIME GIRLS
WHY IS HTIS CHARACTER ONLY WEARING ONE BELT
>>
Jesus this thread needs to burn down in hellfire.
>>
>>318404998
>Not liking lovecraftian settings
>Not liking Miyazaki's take on lovecraft.
>>
>>318404080
Why does she take so little damage?
Especially since she can recover health like that. It looks good, don't get me wrong, but why does the player lose 2% of their health when hit by a boss?
>>
>>318403117
>Am I seriously supposed to fap to this blatantly bad Vampire Hunter D ripoff?

You're not supposed to, no.

>that's necrophilia dude.

necrophilia is a perfectly normal sexual preference and you have no right to judge people that fuck dead bodies, i bet you are a homophobe too, check your privilege.
>>
>>318403117
>sickdark

Here we go again.
>>
>>318405403
Love craft is for plebes and Miyazaki makes that very obvious with bloodborne. Gamers are so easy to impress it's laughable, so even think Kojima would make a good movie director.
>>
>>318403117
Are you okay, anon? Sit down and watch some weeb shows for a bit.
>>
>>318405323
Oh don't worry, sure Miyazaki can edgelord that up too:

>deep sea game
>your submarine looks like steampunk jules verne shit
>all the enemies are fucked up genetic mutated sealife
>you gain health back by drinking nerve poison gathered from octopi
>all the levels are grey and dark as fuck with no light except from those glowing deep sea fish
>your weapons are all edgelord sea themed crap like hardened starfish throwing stars, and a squid sword that strangles enemies
>>
>>318405463
Because she's very powerful, and because games where you die in one or two hits are anti fun.

>>318405364
Yeah guess Miyazaki was busy trying to see how many serrated swordguns he could shove into his shit edge game.
>>
File: Cthulhu.jpg (37 KB, 300x346) Image search: [Google]
Cthulhu.jpg
37 KB, 300x346
>>
You really love samefagging don't you OP. saged
>>
>>318404080
>calls bloodbourne edgy throughout entire thread
>links to that fucking anime childrens' shit as an example of something cool and not edgy
lmao
m
a
o
>>
>>318404914
>Sure is rewarding playing a battle of attrition as I slowly whitle away a beasts health in the very few openings it has while it can kill me in one or two hits as the fight goes for an hour or so.
What game are we talking about now? Souls boss battles last like 5 minutes with few exceptions.
>>
>>318407201
Bayonetta isn't children's shit, but is it anime. Anime is a huge part of Japanese culture and Kamiya is proud of his heritage, unlike Miyazaki the sickdark westaboo edgegod.
>>
>>318407890
>Anime is a huge part of Japanese culture
Not really.
>>
>>318407890
well you're not of japanese heritage so what's your excuse for liking over-the-top, edgy fireworks combat anime shit
>>
>>318403117
BloodBorne and the DLC were fucking great though and a step in the right direction for Miyazaki and DaS3 seems to be taking a page combat wise from BB.

I do agree though i've always detested regular Souls combat. It feels slow for the sake of being slow. Its so simple i don't understand the "Its methodical argument". No Ninja Gaiden Black is methodical and fast DeS/DaS/DaS2 are largely just bait and switch games.

Amazing fucking worlds but by god defending their gameplay always seemed weird to me. Also i'm sure someone will say i'm shit when i've beaten them all with little issue. I'm a very defensive player so bait and switch is easy i just hate when i'm forced to it.

If Orphan of Kos is any sign at all Miyazaki could move towards action games himself in the future since Phase 2 of that fight is basically a NG boss.
>>
>>318407993
Yes it is, which is why most of their games are anime or have anime themes and tropes.

>>318408175
I have good taste. The Japanese are the ones saving gaming. or do you actually like cinematic edgelord western stuff?
>>
>>318409080
cinematic just like bloodborne you mean?
>>
>>318404119
>Bad games that are a chore to play

You're as bad as OP you faggot. Linear design hardly hurts Kamiyas games and alot of people like having a hundred different mechanics to master because it gives the games tons and tons of replay value and the higher difficulties are largely harder with legitimately harder AI.

Please don't be a faggot like this. I agree Miyazaki has better aesthetics but to imply the gameplay is more satisfying in either is to be a massive cunt.
>>
File: tumblr_nv07tmaVwf1ubm73lo1_400.jpg (13 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv07tmaVwf1ubm73lo1_400.jpg
13 KB, 396x385
>tfw Miyazaki games sell better than Kamiya weeabo shit
>>
>>318405463
Its probably normal mode or lower. Bayonetta 1/2 have relatively high damage from shit like bosses/higher normal enemies on the highest so it can't be that.
>>
>>318409080
>anime
>good taste

Fuckin' jej.
Women are allergic to your sperm.
>>
>>318403117
>stop making things that I won't buy
And you think he'll listen to you?
>>
>>318405403
Too be fair besides Daughter of Kosmos and Ayyyys i personally didn't feel any true Lovecraftian shit to a large degree. The DLCs end Fishing Hamlet/OoK though fucking nailed it.
>>
>>318409467
Did BB deserve to sell more than Bayo or W101 ?
>>
Oh god it's been forever since I've seen "sickdark."

Are you the autistic anon who came up with it in a flaccid attempt to shitpost about this game?
>>
>>318406074

2/10
>>
>>318409072
>Orphan of Kos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xejEfvVKgHs

Jesus, even more edgegod shit.

>>318409467
You think sickdark shit is comfy? the fuck do you do, fall asleep listening to shit like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppiGTLqfaWc
>>
>>318410019
yes
>>
>>318410056
It's a well known term used in European underground art circles. I wouldn't expect you to know about it, of course.
>>
>>318403219
>>318403260
>rehash garbo
>damage control on From's version of brawn 'n' bloom
>>
Orphan of Kos is edgy as shit, wtf is with this landscape?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppiGTLqfaWc

Looks like some fucking dark astral realm in an alien world. Bet Miyzaki has sickdark nightmares and wakes up going "mmmmmmmm, that was so fucked up, gonna put that in my next game..."
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJLhnts9-oQ

ITT
>>
>>318410019
W101? Probably well that is still good. Bayonetta 2? Maybe Bayonetta 2 got shafted hard by being on the WiiU where neither of its core audiences exist or are willing to shell out for said console.

Bayo sold like 1.4-1.5 million overall where as BB sold 2-2.3? Keep in mind Bayo 1 had very late marketing and overall not much at all. BloodBorne was heavily marketed out the ass and already had the dudebros it got from DaS1/2 and the core audience from DeS.

I feel Bayo 2 would've sold roughly around the same amount with a establish player base and actual marketing. Both are good games if that is what you mean by deserve.
>>
>>318403219
/thread
>>
File: dagon.jpg (107 KB, 847x695) Image search: [Google]
dagon.jpg
107 KB, 847x695
stealth spooky/gothic/lovecraftian vidya thread, thanks op

or we could make this a thick thread
>>
>>318410530
Why is there so much goddamn blood? Why is the place so dark and drab?
>>
File: 1447699430441.jpg (48 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
1447699430441.jpg
48 KB, 1111x597
>>
>>318410186
I know this is irrelevant to you but
>That life bar
>That damage to boss

Holy shit why even bother. Normally you would take like 3 shots 2 if you're unlucky to die to the OoK. This motherfucker easily has 2k life and seems like hes doing it on NG based on dmg taken and dmg dealt.
>>
>>318410560
Dudebros don't want to play edgelord sickdark shit. This game is for fucking freaks.
>>
>>318404406
It's not about the writing, it's about the imagery.
>>
>>318411020
The imagery is shit since he doesn't describe anything.
>>
>>318403117
I originally closed this thread because it made me want to bash my head into a spike until I was dead or suffered severe brain damage because literally every opinion you have is fucking garbage, and because I thought it was bait.

But then I decided to come back, because even if it is bait and though I think you're a complete fucking idiot with shitty taste in games and culture, you deserve some kind of response. So basically here it is- Fuck off. Good job you don't like Miyazaki's games, no one really gives a shit. Your taste is different than what he makes, no one gives a shit. You like anime based games, once again no one gives a shit. I adore Miyazaki games, I enjoy the atmosphere, the way the story is presented, and even the combat. I also enjoy a solid stylized combat game like the kind Platinum creates, but some people don't and that's fine, but I don't hop on /v/ to tell everyone about my fucking mentally handicapped reasons for not liking something like a fucking autist. And anyone who lists "fappable characters" as a pro for a game should just blow their brains out already because you're fucking cancer.
>>
>>318411282
Except he does most of the times.
>>
>>318411461
>And anyone who lists "fappable characters" as a pro for a game should just blow their brains out already because you're fucking cancer.

SJW confirmed.
>>
>>318411461
Do yourself a favor

Run

there is nothing here for you

or post some scary stuff or thick girls
>>
>>318411581
It has nothing to do with "WOMEN SHOULDN'T BE SEXY!" but it's a fucking game about hunting werewolves and stopping eldritch level beasts, a game where the only time you're not alone is when you summon in another human being for a temporary amount of time- there are no companions and 90% of the NPC's you talk to are hidden behind a fucking door if they're not trying to kill you. Throwing in any sexy characters that don't fit the story is just useless fan service and that's bullshit. I would rather have a game with no "fappable characters" than one with shoehorned in bullshit for the sake of having some lonely virgin fuck himself in his own basement for sales.
>>
>>318412504
Bayonetta had you fighting horrific nightmarish monsters, and still had sexy women. There's no excuse not to have it. This Bloodborne game doesn't even have a goddamned loli.
>>
>>318412827
you went to far with that one, troll
>>
>>318412827
Bayonetta is also a shit game where the Dev's decided to take anything logical about how to kill shit and threw it out of the window. The games are different, and just because you don't like one doesn't make it shit, it means you have different taste. What makes you a fucking idiot is that instead of looking at it and going "Yeah, okay I don't want that." you're sitting here on the internet making remarks that make you look like you're fucking 12.
>>
File: 1 (1022).jpg (332 KB, 711x1055) Image search: [Google]
1 (1022).jpg
332 KB, 711x1055
>>318403117
>sickdark
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 960x710) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 960x710
>>318403117
The souls' games have humor.
>ridiculous helmets in every game
>Solaire, Patches, Bjorr, and whatever that new guy is in BB with the bucket head
>silly outfits

That is enough for comic relief, but it's kept limited because it's a serious game. People like serious games with comic relief.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.