[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2D Marios and 3D Mario, as well as Mario Maker, which provides
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10
File: hero-1.jpg (47 KB, 652x370) Image search: [Google]
hero-1.jpg
47 KB, 652x370
>2D Marios and 3D Mario, as well as Mario Maker, which provides endless replayability
>Two Zelda HD remakes, one brand new exclusive Zelda on the horizon
>Top tier Donkey Kong Country game
>Splatoon, one of the most unique and fresh IPs in years
>Mario Kart 8
>Smash Bros.
>Bayonetta 2, exclusive
>Xenoblade Chronicles X, a massive RPG
>Backwards compatibility, the only current gen console to allow that at launch
>Gamepad that makes off-screen gameplay convenient
>Huge selection of eShop games

I give up. What will it take for you to get a Wii U?
>>
/v/ hates videogames, no point convincing this crowd
>>
Battlefront

The last of us HD

And some more women progressive games. PlEase
>>
>>318399132
Literally every game you just described is hot garbage. Mario Maker is an interesting tool, but that's about it.
>>
I don't like Nintendo's IPs
I already have a huge PC backlog
>>
Not to mention
>hackable Wii mode to play emulators

Only underage poorfags or console warriors complain about the Wii U.
Meanwhile its owners are playing vidja and sometimes shitposting on /v/ from the browser to take a 5 minute break
>>
>>318399132
>This nigga talk like Reggie
lmao
>3DW formula , literally New 3D mario.
hate that shit

Also i don't care about those games , FExSMT was the last chance for me , sadly i get Neptunia instead of an amazing SMT.
Thank god for SMT Final.
>>
File: 1371678510604.jpg (17 KB, 243x190) Image search: [Google]
1371678510604.jpg
17 KB, 243x190
I already have a Wii-U OP. I've also have a PC, 3DS, GCW zero, plus a bunch of shit from older gens. If you actually like video games, you buy consoles for their games, not because of who makes them.
>>
Nintendo can't do an online system that is not shit.

why the fuck do I have to open UDP ports 1-65536 or make a DMZ to play splatoons online?
>>
Mario games. Zelda remakes.

Wow, the Wii U is so cool, what a great library full of games I'm totally interested in! Such as Mario Kart 27! Wow!!! Did we mention Mario??? Mario!
>>
>>318399598
>Literally
>hot garbage
>>
>>318399598
i actually think figuratively every game he just described is hot garbage.
>>
>>318399132

No Uncharted or Last of Us = trash
>>
>>318400564
Splatoon isn't Mario.
>>
File: title.jpg (232 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
title.jpg
232 KB, 1280x720
>>318399132
>Forgetting the Wii U's best game
>>
>>318399132
Its a good console but it doesn't offer much outside of platformers and party games.

We only had a few decent action games by platinum and we're finally getting a JRPG. 3 years is a little late to consider a console when the other consoles are just picking up steam and other people are more invested in those.
>>
>>318400564
I understand not liking Mario games. Or Zelda. Or any Nintendo IP. That's fine, but please don't act like every console isn't just rehashing shit.

Most video games are rehashes.
>>
>>318399132
It's arguably the worst nintendo console of all time. Piss off.
>>
>>318399132
>no mention of The Wonderful 101
ONE JOB OP.
>>
>>318399132
The only things interesting on it are MK8, Sm4sh, and Splatoon. Everything else is Meh tier.
>>
>>318401203
>TR4SH
>interesting
ok
>>
>>318400869
To be fair, everyone does
>>
>>318399132
motherfucking pokemon snap.
why haven't they made a pokemon snap.
>>
>>318400525
You do?
I didn't need to do any of that...
>>
Why do you care if people buy a WiiU? Do you own Nintendo stock, OP? Best sell that shit off.
>>
But I already have a Wii U, shill.
>>
>I give up

So did Nintendo.
>>
>>318399132
Most people only care for the most recent heavily marketed AAA game. Something they can talk to their friends on facebook and twitter about.
People don't buy consoles or games for the games themselves, it's the social experience that matter to them.
>>
>>318399132
>mario maker
nobody cares about it anymore, literally the only reason anybody got it in the first place was nintendo shills
>>
Look, I have one, but I don't recommend anyone else get one unless they're okay with spending $250 to play Splatoon. Because Splatoon is great but every other game on the system just isn't worth it.

>no Paper Mario
>no RPGs other than XCX, which has been confirmed shit for months, and Persona Awakening, which looks awful and will literally sell worse than Codename STEAM did in Japan
>still not a single long-form, high-content single-player-focused AAA Nintendo game that their consoles are usually known for
>mostly tired rehashes of 2D platformers and their various multiplayer-focused games
>a Smash game somehow duller than Brawl
>even the Wii had much, much better first party AND third party games
>>
I recently ordered one for dirt cheap. It hasn't arrived yet though.
That said, I have one question for wii u owners. Does the european eshop have Project Zero 5? The regular physical release is going for 90 goddamn euros in my country because of how limited the print was, it instantly became rare. As much as I would like to own the physical copy, it's just way too expensive for my budget.
>>
File: Dev.jpg (783 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Dev.jpg
783 KB, 1600x900
>>318399132
>Not mention Wonderful101, Fatal Frame V and Devil's Third
Faggot.
>>
>"oh, it would be cool if I were to put in a dvd and watch it on the small screen"
>doesn't even play dvds
Damnit nintendo, missed opportunity.
>>
>>318399132

I have a Wii U and even I wouldn't exactly recommend it to anyone who doesn't have one already at this point. Considering that 2016 will more than likely be the last year of its life, why bother investing in it now?
>>
>>318401028
Ninty's worst console is better than PS' best.
>>
Did we mention that the Wii U has many MARIO titles? It's a me! Mario!
>>
>>318402332
>That feel when you bite the bullet and brought a Wii U for Xenoblade Chronicles X and a bunch of other stuff
>2016 will be probably the end of the console

The saddest thing is that I looked over PS4's and the Bone library and pretty much nothing there either didn't interest me or I already played on my PC.
>>
>>318402409
It doesn't have too many but the ones it has are pretty good outside of Mario Party 10.
>>
>no shitty overhyped mutliplats running at 20 FPS
>no share buttons so they can repost their epic memes to all their friends

dead on arrival, norimes would never buy it
>>
Are we not getting a real 3D mario?
>>
>>318402978
On NX for sure. I don't think they're going to release another one on Wii U after 3D World.
>>
>>318402701
It's got Miiverse though, it's close. Though if they were going to do that anyway, they should have made screenshots as easy as the other consoles.
>>
File: p5.jpg (760 KB, 1244x1540) Image search: [Google]
p5.jpg
760 KB, 1244x1540
>>318402495
P5 is the only console/PC game I'm looking forward to.

Handhelds are a bit better.
>Zero Escape 3
>Ace Attorney 6
>Danganronpa 3
>FEif
>SMT4 Final
>Dai Gyakuten Saiban (never ever)
>Etrian Odyssey V (never ever)

I wish I could say Zelda U, but honestly if it's anywhere near as bad as the past few Zelda titles I might not even buy it.
>>
>>318400829
>>Sony produced games
>>Uncharted 3 sucked
>>
>>318400525
I didn't have to do any of that. Maybe you just suck cocks?
>>
Metroid.
>>
>>318399598
no your an interesting tool

fagit
>>
File: 1448196823160.jpg (101 KB, 560x431) Image search: [Google]
1448196823160.jpg
101 KB, 560x431
>>318402978
>people are still using this meme
It was never funny to begin with.
>>
File: 1415694975567.jpg (126 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1415694975567.jpg
126 KB, 900x900
Games that I want to play
>>
>>318399132
Protip: Look at the PS4 Top 25 best selling games.
People want to play their yearly sports title and they cannot do that on the "childish" console.
>>
>>318405715
>truth
>meme
>>
File: Super_Mario_3D_World_box_art.jpg (206 KB, 250x353) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mario_3D_World_box_art.jpg
206 KB, 250x353
>>318406294
Did you forget this one? Its one of the better Mario games too.
>>
>>318399132
Good, non-autistic games that doesn't look they were made like Gamecube ports with modern filters.
>>
16+ game
>>
File: thisisfortheplayers.jpg (342 KB, 1323x952) Image search: [Google]
thisisfortheplayers.jpg
342 KB, 1323x952
>implying the other audiences care about good games
>>
>>318399132
>>2D Marios and 3D Mario, as well as Mario Maker, which provides endless replayability
The 3D mario might as well be a 2d one due to timed levels and no exploration like 64 or sunshine/galaxy games.
>>Two Zelda HD remakes, one brand new exclusive Zelda on the horizon
The remake for TP isn't even out yet, and the new zelda isn't 100% confirmed for wii-u, so it might go to the NX.
>>Top tier Donkey Kong Country game
Nobody gives a shit about donkey kong
>>Splatoon, one of the most unique and fresh IPs in years
I'll give you that one, its pretty good.
>>Mario Kart 8
Meh
>>Smash Bros.
Meh
>>Bayonetta 2, exclusive
For the 5 people that bought it, it must be a great title. Just don't let anyone know that Nintendo was offering free stuff to reviewers while they were playing this game.
>>Xenoblade Chronicles X, a massive RPG
>>Backwards compatibility, the only current gen console to allow that at launch
>>Gamepad that makes off-screen gameplay convenient
Yup I spent good money on a hi-def tv so I could play on a miniature one.
>>Huge selection of eShop games
Which are overpriced, and if your console breaks with there being no account system you can't re-download.

The Wii U is an okay system, but don't try to make it what it isn't.
>>
>>318408793
To be fair, Platinum games never do well, and plenty of people care about Bayonetta. The butthurt from Bayos exclusivity can still be heard to this day.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.