[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So do I go with the Institute, Railroad, Minutemen or Brotherhood?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 24
File: Fallout4 2015-11-26 14-50-40-66.jpg (371 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-26 14-50-40-66.jpg
371 KB, 1920x1080
So do I go with the Institute, Railroad, Minutemen or Brotherhood?

I'm leaning towards Brotherhood and Institution but they all seem like organizations with fairly horrible ideas.
>>
>>318398148
If you side with the Railroad you get to kill Maxson for his coat.
>>
File: 1429279709686.jpg (60 KB, 543x550) Image search: [Google]
1429279709686.jpg
60 KB, 543x550
The only actual choice the game gives you and you can't make it yourself?
>>
Brotherhood are a joke, I hated to kill them but I was glad to be rid of them. Railroad is a bad fucking joke.

Institute I took over with reluctance, I don't really know the long-term affects of introducing my synths to help the minutemen out but I'm a macro faggot and assumed this would be best for the general well-being of this place.

But in the back of my head, the institute reminds me of the think tank in ways - and that's no good.
>>
>>318398148
Institute is the most sensible option also the best chance for rebuilding.
>>
>>318398247
>Not just reverse pickpocketing.
>>
>>318398148
I'm about 15 hours in and haven't even met the railroad people yet, but I'm leaning towards the minutemen. They don't really seem to have an ideology, just protect whoever needs protecting.
>>
File: 200px-Orban_Viktor_Portrait[1].jpg (8 KB, 200x267) Image search: [Google]
200px-Orban_Viktor_Portrait[1].jpg
8 KB, 200x267
Institute with their technology and resources, could easily rebuild commonwealth, hell they are even more advanced than pre war tech. They could easily recreate something like G.E.C.K.
They were just a bit shy to go outside. With new management they can achieve big things.
>mfw pre fo4 spoilers were fake and institute aren't the bad guys
>>
>>318398605
Humans without humanity have no humanity to save.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2012-11-26-01h17m23s142.png (542 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2012-11-26-01h17m23s142.png
542 KB, 1024x576
>>318398148
>do railroad quests
>do bos quests
>slaughter them all like animals
>and the children too.
>now I have a giant airship and a secret underground base to myself.

Who else is enjoying the edgelord master race?
>>
Brotherhood of Steel is the one true master race.

Liberty Prime is the one true god :^)
>>
>>318399156
>without humanity
Top kek
It's the railroad that treat synths as human beings, institute just treat them as a tool, humans are still their primary focus.
>>
I went with Minutemen and then just killed the rest.
>>
>>318398914
if you want a barebones finish to your game then side with minutemen.

and surely the kekroad isn't an option

Institute or BoS are only good options
>>
BoS is the most fun.
>>
>>318398148
PURGE THE XENOS
>>
File: Palpatine_is_evil[1].jpg (22 KB, 560x275) Image search: [Google]
Palpatine_is_evil[1].jpg
22 KB, 560x275
>>318399439
ANAKIN THE INSTITUTE IS EVIL
>>
>railroad
lunatics that represent nothing except muh institute are badguys, need to steel synths and kill them :^)

>BoS
powerhungry weapon and technology freaks, they are even more obsessed with technology than institute, even though they are less advanced. Mindeless brutes that kill everything that they don't understand
>railroad
Dunno really, completely avoided their questline because i don't like base building maincraft-like experience.

>institute
scientists making miracles underground, minding their own business most of the time, when they see threat to themselves, they eliminate it

One thing about institute that was left completely unexplored is why the hell they are replacing humans with synths on the surface. It's like the writers completely forgot some plot points. I think that institute supposed to be main big bad guys but then they decided to even out all fractions.
>>
>>318400286
>railroad
meant minutemans
>>
>>318400286
Minutemans are the only genuinely good guys of the bunch, and they ally with the institute so there you go
>>
>>318400286
yeah minding their own business, just kidnapping humans from the surface for test experiments whenever they feel the need and making a new race of super mutants
>>
>>318400775
>making a new race of super mutants
Bullshit, there was one scientist that was trying to create cure for FEV and ended up infecting himself. Later you give him his own cure.

The people they kidnap end up in much better environment then previously. There is a quest were you kidnap one guy and he is thankful to you for saving him from that shitty life in commonwealth.
>>
>>318398148
Minutemen

Not because they are good, but because they are not as bad as the rest.
Literally three factions of different edgelords vs simplistic people militia.
>>
>>318398148
It doesn't matter, the ending is the same 30 second sequence which almost looks like the intro.
>>
>>318401724
This

It literally doesn't matter. You get the same ending regardless of ANYTHING.
Bethesda's quality writing at its finest
>>
>>318401820
How do you get most gameplay possible out of the factions?

Is there a way to not lock yourself out of quests?
>>
I'm doing Railroad. Not sure what people's beef with them are besides projecting their hate for internet SJWs. I can't see hating them and using Curie and Nick.
>>
Institute;
>Keep futuristic, useful tech to yourself
>Kill random people with Coursers because your robots are fucking stupid
Brotherhood;
>Take tech away from common folks to prevent future disasters
>Very forceful and militaristic. No fun allowed.
Railroad;
>Treat Gen 3 Synths as people, give them a new life
>That's it. They have no purpose otherwise.
Minutemen;
>Small-scale protection of the Commonwealth
>"That's great news. One day, we'll be strong enough to drive the filth out of the Commonwealth for good. As usual, I have something else for you to look into."
>>
File: 1448731218039.jpg (89 KB, 697x919) Image search: [Google]
1448731218039.jpg
89 KB, 697x919
>tfw I just want to create a west coast NCR with the minutemen
>tfw bethesda is shit at writing and what we get is a bunch of rednecks with wind up laser rifles who can't do anything on their own

I just want to be the new George Washington damnit.
>>
>>318404130
*east coast
>>
>>318404130
Kek, I was hyped for building something lik NCR too.

>can finally build and connect settlements
>I can start my own republic
>be a force with my own army
>a fucking president with a cool office
>it turns out to be underwhelming and shit
>>
>>318404130

>building up all the settlements and charging charisma leads to about 1000 people + the actual minutemen who float around
>they have a huge surplus of clean food and water, and the ability to artillery barrage any threats in Boston from the safety of home

>they still act like a bunch of drifters barely squeezing by
>exert almost no power outside of their towns
>>
>>318398605
>Institute is the most sensible option also the best chance for rebuilding.

yeah, best way to save everybody is to kill... everybody ;)
>>318398148
they all fucking suck
institute is just bunch of psychopaths aimed at human genocide
railroad are the sjw of fallout world
they are good faction to fallow ... once you fucking rebuild the world and fix the super mutant and raider problem

brotherhood are just nazis "muh master race, kill all who dont have perfect ganes, see that ginger? fucking gass him"
>>
>>318404809

Forgot about the massive caravan and trading network they build.

Honestly Boston should be the start of a small country by the end for the Minutemen.
>>
File: 2015-11-20_00003.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-20_00003.jpg
430 KB, 1920x1080
>>318402942
do the BoS quests until you get the quest to kill the railroad (as long as you are careful this will not lock you out of the other two factions)

do railroad quests until you get the ability to add balistic fiber to clothing, and maybe do randolph safehouse quests since there is only 6 of them

then join the institute and kill everyone else
>>
why is this game so fucking ugly
>>
>>318400286
The institute just has the synth kill the original and leave the body in the ruins.

There's one part where you find two guys, both named Art, fighting. If you kill the one with the most health, you find a synth component on him.

Basically the institute are a bunch of lazy fucks who can't be assed to properly black bag people.
>>
>>318406142
it's a bethesda game
>>
>>318406142
Because you're a biased shit head
>>
File: 1448422119454.jpg (30 KB, 498x558) Image search: [Google]
1448422119454.jpg
30 KB, 498x558
>>318398148
You get to purge the Railroad as the Brotherhood, just go with them.
>>
File: 37.png (345 KB, 464x464) Image search: [Google]
37.png
345 KB, 464x464
So I found the missing members for Danse, and did some quests for the guy and gal in the police station until I guessed they would just repeat infinitely. Danse wont give me anything else to do, he just tells me to see if the guy and gal need help.

How do I move on with the BOS stuff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWK6bl0KJDc
>>
File: terminatorFDS1.jpg (74 KB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
terminatorFDS1.jpg
74 KB, 1280x688
>>318406286
>mfw destroying the railroad in BoS power armor and wielding a gatling laser
>>
>>318401148
Did you not notice that an entire section of the institute was dedicated to making FEV
>>
So choosing Minutemen is basically the Independent Vegas option for Fallout 4?
>>
>>318400286
>One thing about institute that was left completely unexplored is why the hell they are replacing humans with synths on the surface

its totally explained holy shit, try reading a terminal once in a while or at least pay attention to those shitty side quests the institute gives you
>>
Pick minutemen and destroy institute. railroad, BoS and minutemen will make peace.
>>
>>318398148
>General of the Minutemen
>Director of the Institute
>errand boy of the Brotherhood
>the Railroad will never love you more than their murderous synths
Gee, I dunno. Maybe the one with unlimited power and resources and an underground utopia with robot gorillas.
>>
>>318398148
Carrying your sons legacy is the only option

plus, white paint on X-01
>>
Brotherhood are the best choice for making the world safe, with great cost.

Minutemen are the morally the best choice but their chance of maintaining and improving the wasteland is low

Institute are the best choice if you are selfish and wanna piss about making synth gorrilas and creating sentient life to use as slaves

Railroad are maniacs
>>
I doesn't matter.

They all lead to the same cutscene.
>>
>>318407086
>Institute are the best choice if you are selfish and wanna piss about making synth gorrilas and creating sentient life to use as slaves

/v/ would choose this option in real life, given the chance
>>
>>318406891
My son's a faggot and we're doing things differently with me in charge.
>>
>>318400275
>You underestimate my edginess

>I killed father as soon as he walked into the room with a kid in a cell and then proceeded to walk out with non hostile synths after stealing their synthetic code or whatever for the bos.
>>
Minutemen and Railroad are both terrible as organisations. Railroad in particular have nothing to do them other than robot rights, and is a terrible choice for faction to support. The others might govern humanity poorly, or 'wrong', but the railroad doesn't even have a plan or given it any thought. The Minutemen are just naive and whimsical, that for some reason construct advanced tech when the plot calls for it. I guess this impression of them is largely got from the fact that Preston makes you its general on a whim, even though he's still giving you orders and not the other way around. So noone's really at the helm.

Brotherhood and Institute are at least fleshed out organisations, though their motivations seem a little out of whack. Bethesda just can't seem to get their portrayal of BoS right. Last time they were the superbenevolent objective good guys, now they're essentially enclave lite who hate all non humans because those are bad. Institute is your typical ammoral scientist group that lets nothing stand in the way of science. They're humanity's best hope according to themselves, yet all they do is hide away under a mountain, cause problems and mayhem and misery for everyone else, and further their own research. Because science is important.

There really isn't any genuinely good option to take. I suppose either the minutemen, or the maybe the institute would be the better option, because supposedly, you are at the helm so you can actually steer them in the right direction.

But no option is like really good.
>>
how the fuck do you enter the institute WITHOUT any factions? Don't tell me you can't fucking do it, because the game guide itself tells you you can, and unless they come out and admit that was just another lie or a feature they had to cut we're gonna get to the bottom of this shit
>>
>>318408416
At least with Institute you get to take leadership, with the BoS you are just a pawn for batshit 20 year old.
>>
>>318398148
>did it get hot in here
>clearly outside

fucking bethesda and their ABSOLUTE GARBAGE games i hope their HQ fucking burns down >:(
>>
>>318408516
You need a factions help to construct the device to get in yes. So your guide lied to you. You haven't perma-allied yourself to that faction at this point yet though. But to finish the main questline, you eventually have to ally some group.
>>
>>318408679
I imagine a cohort of headstrong intellectuals, all ammoral, all with the notion that they themselves, are the smartest one alive, will be notoriously difficult to control. Will you truly be in control of the institute, or will it be in control of your character? Ergo, can your character actually manage to drastically change the institute's direction, or will this simply result in all the headstrong scientists rebelling?
>>
Brotherhood is basically led by John Conner, who's looking to prevent the machine uprising.

He really REALLY Hates synths. But sure does love him his robots. His sexy, shouty, nuke tossing giant robots and OMFG the Brotherhood have the best supporting character in the game.
>>
>>318408416
>even though he's still giving you orders and not the other way around.

He's not, though. He's basically your fucking secretary/consultant. Your goal as General is to build up the Commonwealth and protect its people; he's just finding the most urgent cases and directing you towards them so that you don't have to do the searching yourself.

As General, you can choose not to do any of that shit if you don't want to.
>>
>>318409532
He also hates ghouls and super mutants, though the latter is pretty understandable, especially since Bethesda refuses to make super mutants be anything else than larger raiders that gathers everyone's bits into gore bags and hangs them up.
>>
>>318409918
You don't actually do anything befitting of a general though. You don't lead anything. You're sent on missions to kill stuff. Over and over again. Because no matter how large you are, you can never delegate. And while attacks on settlements may stop with enough def, there will still be need for you to deal with every kidnapping, every band of raiders or super mutants that bothers one of your settlements.

Yeah, you can just ignore it, but that really enhances the feel that you're this central figure of the organisation.

Making you the faction leader of any faction is never a good idea for these games. Unless its the "fuck if I care"-faction or "does fuck all"-faction
>>
>>318398148
Whatever floats your boat, frankly Minutemen seems like the lesser asshole with the most common sense in all of this.
>>
>>318408416
>that for some reason construct advanced tech when the plot calls for it

sturges is a synth thats why he can build anything
>>
>>318410474
it would be really I cool if there was a way to build up the castle and manage it properly, you know how the castle management worked in nwn2?
>>
Institute

>muh synths

Railroad

>muh synths

Brotherhood of Steel

>muh synths

Minutemen

>muhnother mission for you, General.
>>
I have the Synth detective as my follower, and I want to reach the max level of relationship. What faction(s) does he like/dislike? Does he get buttmad when I pick locks, like the stupid Fawkes-wanna be?
>>
>>318411157
Hes easy to get likes for

>Help people
>Pick locks \ hack computers

He's probably the best written companion in the game.
>>
>>318406437
Find Nick Valentine
>>
>>318411157
he only gets mad at lockpicking/hacking if its illegal, in other situations he actually likes it when you hack stuff
>>
>>318398148
>but they all seem like organizations with fairly horrible ideas.

war, war never changes
>>
>>318411094
That at least had a semblance of mattering, and it was pretty cool. You were still 'serving' someone there though, so even as a lord with your own castle and forces, you weren't your own kingdom. I'm pretty strongly of the opinion you should never be made the supreme leader of anything, unless its in an ending to a game, or the game actually allows you to ... lead.
>>
>>318410474
>You don't actually do anything befitting of a general though. Because no matter how large you are, you can never delegate.

Ignoring the fact that that Preston tells you to your face that "General" is only a title, there's nothing to delegate. It's you and Preston, that's it. Sturges probably counts, too, but whatever. Everyone else are farmers, traders, and whichever unlucky sods you pick to stand at a guard post with a pipe rifle. Do you really want to send those sad fucks into a super mutant den? They'd get fucking ground into hamburger meat.
>>
>>318400275
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE ZETANS ARE EVIL
>>
>>318412486
yeah yeah, its just you and another guy. It's just a title with nothing to it. So there's really nothing to it (the organisation) except everyone eventually follows it, so it matters a lot. Except its still run like just being a two man organization, with hordes of peasants around it needing attention.

Thar poor/lazy writing fits in there somewhere is pretty evident I hope.
>>
>>318403490

Railroad ending is essentially the Yes Man ending. It's the best choice.
>>
>>318413547
the minutemen ending resembles the yesman ending the most
>>
>>318403490
>Forgetting that the Railroad would rather save a toaster than save humans
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 494x622) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 494x622
>>318406806
Is this true. Any source??
>>
>>318406806
Don't you shell the brotherhood with artillery with the minutemen?
>>
>>318413745
The thing about the Railroad is, they technically don't interfere with the Minutemen. They just want to keep the commonwealth just as safe but turn it into a haven for sentient synths who are looking for a place to just live out their life, while at the same time driving anything that can prevent that from happening.

The Minutemen continue doing whatever they are doing, providing protection for average settlers, and the Railroad helps in providing a border patrols.

I see the Railroad as a win win for everyone.

In fact, if you finish as the Railroad, Preston would commend you for doing a good job saying that it was good what the Railroad has done driving back both the BoS and the Institute.

You still have Minuteman guys running around, and you have border patrol Railroad men keeping checkpoints safe. More people keeping the commonwealth safe.

To me, the Railroad is the Yes Man.
>>
>There are people on this board who unironically think the institute is evil
>>
>>318406470
The coursers were the coolest things about the game.
>literal terminators
>only make a few appearances
Fucking why bethesda.
>>
>>318415706
Thats one interpretation. That they squander immense resources for their political agenda of robot rights, in an age of harsh survival, while not really caring about the normal man, is another equally valid opinion.
>>
File: 1448235696557.jpg (70 KB, 662x491) Image search: [Google]
1448235696557.jpg
70 KB, 662x491
>>318415765
>Humanity is beyond saving and beyond redemption.
>Lets murder every living soul in commonwealth and slowly implement synths who will work for us and rebuild the world in our image. Even placing synthetic animals and plant life.
>This would prevent anything bad from happening again.
>We want to literally play god of the old testament where we are out of sight but have total control in everyone's daily life (just in case) by sending coursers (angels) to deal with potential mistakes.
>They are just as bad as the Railroad where instead of believing they have free will, they believe they can rebuild humanity by turning them into robots while under the control of a bunch of nerds in a basement.

Nah, fuck them, they can explode a nuclear death a million times over.
>>
BoS is the only right answer. Robots are still robots even if they're programmed to act like they think they're real people. Mutans and ghouls gotta go too. Not saying they're perfect (they clearly aint with the "you can't be trusted with advanced tech because you're not us"-attitude), but they got the right priorities when it comes to threat removal
>>
>>318416247

I'm not sure it is as valid. They hardly have immense resources, they're a few people operating out of a crypt, and the few resources they have are used to combat slavery. They may not focus on the common man, but they're a small organization with a specific aim.
>>
who else thinks preston is the worst piece of shit in this game?
>help him kill raiders to save his friends
>tell him about my traumatic experience just before coming to save them
>"whatever bitch"
>then has the nerve to tell me to rebuild sanctuary
>help him for the exp
>forced to tell him more about what happened
>"shieeet, tha wuz nuffin, now help me with shit"
>help him for the exp
>"nigga im doin all the work 'round here aight, now rebuild my new niggas, for reel diz time"
he needs to be dead
>>
They're all pretty shitty desu
>>
>>318398673

Can't even pickpocket him, unless thats a big. For me it was either kill him or use a console command.
>>
>>318417176
And they take it on themselves to genocide one the factions that actually does a whole heck of a lot of good since coming to the commonwealth. The brotherhood actively engage raiders, supermutants and other baddies from the moment they arrive. And the railroad decided to actively blow them up. There's children on that blimp, and a cat. And tons of good people. But they're not robot children. So fuck them.
>>
>>318417872
meant to to quote this: >>318417269
>>
>>318417872
They were fine with the Brotherhood, until they spontaneously decided upon themselves to raid their crypt and murder everyone in it.

Due diligence. Its only fair that we blow up you fucking blimp.
>>
I've only done one playthrough but plan on another.

Is it like 3/NV and skyrim where all your saves just float around each other in a list that is impossible to keep track of or will my different saves show up in different save/load lists so I don't risk overwriting anything by mistake?
>>
>>318398148
It doesn't matter who you go with, game has no ending, everyone loses anyway.
>>
>Synths deserve to live their lives
Go railroad

>Nobody can be trusted with technology, and all non-humans must die
Go Brotherhood

>The world is fucked, lets all stay underground and do experiments at the expense of everyone else
Go Institute

>Fuck everyone else, do whatever the fuck I want
Go Minutemen
>>
>Institute is literally retarded and indefensible
>Railroad is too SJW
>Brotherhood is too Nazi Germany
>Minutemen is the most boring faction in any video game

Brotherhood is best in the end.
>>
>>318418490
>Muh errands
Go Minutement

Fixed for accuracy.
>>
>>318417872

Sure, didn't mean to claim the railroad were great. Just that they don't have immense resources they're misusing. You're right that murdering everyone on the blimp is fucking awful, but they didn't do it because they weren't synths, and in fairness the BoS did march into their HQ and try to murder them all first. Considering the blimp was mostly support staff and such, though..I don't know. Honestly, all the factions are morally fucked, but then it's a wasteland. I'd say the BoS actually do the most good for the average person other than maybe the minutemen, though.
>>
>>318398148
i killed all of them
>>
Would anyone not side with the Brotherhood if Nick wasn't in the game?
>>
I accidentally took the quest to kill the Railroad so I was stuck with Brotherhood, even though I think I'd have preferred Minutemen.
>>
>>318418875
Those siding with the institute, probably. But you make a fair point, actually.
>>
>>318406470
you and I think alike, brother

ad victoriam
>>
>>318417298
So, Preston is an allegory for the Syrian 'crisis'?
>>
>>318418941
>Save Danse cause he was brotier.
>Go back to the Brotherhood of Steel and become a Paladin
>First mission is to kill the Railroad.
>Thought I can run and warn them
>You become an immediate enemy.
>>
>>318419042
"Sam... I'm finally... coming home..."
>>
>>318419139
>Syrian 'crisis'
give me some perspective
>>
>>318419301
Preston is merkel

>ey go build some facilities for all these poor settlers
>also pay for it yourself
>>
So i've just killed my first courser in the story. Where can you find more? They are kinda fun to fight
>>
>>318419149

Same as I did.
I didn't want to warn them though, just, you know, not murder them.

I saved before I talked to Kells and actually made them an enemy, but I can't find any way to progress with Minutemen now so I guess I already fucked up.
>>
>>318418875

This is one reason Nick's a great character. He makes it really hard to view the synths as this faceless evil danger to be exterminated.

I had him with me for that first speech the elder gives you. He's talking about synths are evil and need to be destroyed and Nick's standing just outside. Felt like I'd just taken a black friend to a fucking kkk rally.
>>
>Go up to Prydwen, kill everybody inside
>Decide to go with Railroad because why not
>Get up to mission where I talk to Desdemona
>She doesn't talk
>Because I killed the Brotherhood except for that one messenger boy I fucked up my save

Great, great game Bethesdy.
>>
File: piper.jpg (64 KB, 544x812) Image search: [Google]
piper.jpg
64 KB, 544x812
>>318398148
>>
>>318419420
I literally oneshot him on survival. Was not exactly impressed. Even though my character was Humble Mcsupergood, I wanted him to make fun of Desmedona or whatever her name is for playing up the threat of the courser so damn much.
>>
File: Deandomino.jpg (45 KB, 501x631) Image search: [Google]
Deandomino.jpg
45 KB, 501x631
>>318419420
Do Railroad missions. They have you running around murdering every gen 2 and courser in sight.

To think that the Railroad are doing more of a job hampering the Institute that the Brotherhood of Scum.
>>
>>318419795
Brotherhood of Best actually bothers with all the scum in the commonwealth, not just minor SJW issues.
>>
>>318419515
>having nigger friends
But seriously anon, synths aren't people and can't be trusted. "But I know this one good synth" is not an argument.
>>
Brotherhood are a bunch of retarded smug cunts. Railroad has that fucking idiot who runs up to you every time you enter the base with some stupid shit on repeat. I hate them all, I want to murder everyone. Killable priority NPCs when?? Don't get me started on that OIRISH bitch whatever the fuck her name was. She was the first one I opened fire on after she started talking.
>>
Piss off the Brotherhood than join the Minutemen

They are basically the Imperial Guard of the setting. No fancy tech or brilliant spy networks, just artillery and sheer numbers
>>
>>318419795
if you actually did the BoS quests you would know that the brotherhood has a plan to put a stop to the institute once and for all.
They don't need to chase down coursers and runaway synths when they can stab the devil in the heart and chop up his body into little pieces, mutie.
>>
>>318420312

Neither is "Synths aren't people and can't be trusted."

Evidence?
>>
>>318420391
Shame they never step foot outside their fucking settlements.
Fuck the minutekeks
>>
>>318420391
Minutemen are just a shitty faction. They're not the shittiest, because there's the railroad. But they're hollow cardboard. Granted this goes for all the factions in the game, but the brotherhood at least has the history of what, six games now behind them?
>>
>>318415103
Yeeeeaaahhhh

Fuck you Brotherhood
>>
Railroad and BoS have the most fun ending (Railroad's is definitely the most hardest). Everything except the Institute gets the Institute infiltration at the end ending in the nuke.

Just for gameplay, go for Railroad. BoS is a good second best.
>>
>>318420005
Where are the BoS when an average villager town gets attacked by super mutants then?

It seems like they spend the majority of the time harassing poor settlers by taxing them without representation, extorting them while doing nothing when they are actually in trouble, and forcing you in their OCD of stockpiling.
>>
>>318421085
The only time they ever battle Super Mutants is that one time where it benefited them, because they saw a potential base.
>>
>>318420740
>evidence
The thousands of synths you gun down before you even get to the institute weren't enough?
>>
>>318420740
That they have fairly regularly gone berserk and murdered everyone around them?
>>
Institute for those sweet Synth Relay Grenades.
However the Railroad has a vendor who sells Stealth Boys, which is a big loss.
BoS is just trash because you can't fast travel into the same cell as their vendor.
>>
File: 1401157996713.gif (1 MB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
1401157996713.gif
1 MB, 245x184
>Shitters still trying to shitpost goty
>>
>>318421246

Gen 1s. Not Gen 3s, which are the relevant ones.

>>318421264

Fairly regularly? I know of the one incident in diamond city. What others?
>>
File: ecstasy_face.jpg (151 KB, 849x836) Image search: [Google]
ecstasy_face.jpg
151 KB, 849x836
>>318421293
You're forgetting the armored clothes that the railroad sells, which on top of that can be customized further.

Destroying the railroad is a major big loss.
>>
>>318421184
>>318421085
We must not be playing the same game. I can not spend 5 minutes of walking before I see the brotherhood engaging either raiders or supermutants or ferals or Institute synths. I never see the railroad or minutemen doing this.
>>
>>318421453
Just learn to make it yourself then gun them all down.
>>
>>318420830
They have patrols and checkpoints...

There are radiant fights between Minutemen and others everywhere and that's without me using the flare gun.

On a semi-related note
Flare gun- works 2 squares outside a settlement
Artillery- works 5 squares outside a settlement

Flare gun is basically useless because of this limit
Artillery smoke works surprisingly often. 5 squares is a much bigger range than it looks, especially if you build on in nearly every settlement.
>>
>>318398148
Friendly reminder that:
Minutemen > BoS >>>>> POWER GAP >>>> Institute > Railroad
>>
>>318417176
Gen 3 synths aren't robots though. They are just man made humans with a part in their brain.
>>
File: 1448648859338.jpg (591 KB, 1420x724) Image search: [Google]
1448648859338.jpg
591 KB, 1420x724
institute is just a fancier Master's army.

>humans are flawed
>let's make a new race of better humans
>humanity is saved, and now we, the perfect Institute, control all of it

yeah right, heard it from The Master, heard it from House. Shotgun to both.
>>
>>318421772
railroad has the best quests
BOS has obnoxious retard
minutemen are the worst by far, worst quest chain and everything
haven't seen the institute yet
>>
If you go brotherhood you can work with both the minutemen and the brotherhood, but you wipe out the railroad and institute.
>>
>>318401148
>Bullshit, there was one scientist that was trying to create cure for FEV and ended up infecting himself. Later you give him his own cure.
They have been breeding super mutants for over a decade at least if you read the computer logs, Virgil tried to put a stop to it

Every super mutant in the commonwealth is thanks to the Institute.
>>
>>318421458
This, actually.
I wonder what's the cause of this?
>>
>>318398148
INSTITUTE
The way to the futuuuuuuure~
>>
>>318421772
But with the railroad you literally minmax and can do almost every major storyline quest.

Brotherhood of Steel outright makes you an enemy with everyone off the bat, the Institute makes you an enemy of the Institute as soon as you reach bunker hill. With the railroad, you have to infiltrate everyone, you work with the Institute for a while, and you don't run off and attack the BoS much later when Institute decides the time is right to kill them, and they attack the railroad HQ.
>>
>>318422238
>manipulate everyone on top from the shadows
>the nose knows
>>
>>318422008

Institute is just an oversize town with too many stairs. The shops in there has some okay unique items but they are hideous. If you side with institute, consider yourself fucked out of good neighbor forever.
>>
File: 1403812045841.png (316 KB, 545x544) Image search: [Google]
1403812045841.png
316 KB, 545x544
>>318421917
But not everyone in the institute is in full agreement with that plan. There's so many conflicting ideas inside the institute that are literally tossed in your face the second you step inside it.

That's why I sided with the institute. People don't really like confronting Father about it, but maybe you could actually listen in and work things out for everyone to benefit.
>>
>>318415706
They are litteraly saying they are prepared to spill HUMAN blood to save the synths. How hypocritical can you be?
>>
>>318420005
>sjw
>freeing sentient life forms
Optimus Prime would be ashamed of you.
>>
>>318417176
Except you can't trust them either. History has shown from time to time that people who are hell bent on annihating all other opposition and hoarding all pwer make excellent dictators.
>>
>>318422993
But anon, some animals are just more equal than others!
>>
>>318422148
I thought they were looking to cure it?
>>
File: 1427533339292.gif (2 MB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1427533339292.gif
2 MB, 500x390
>>318398148
>Brotherhood=Nazis
>Institute=Abusive Patricians
>Railroad=Liberals
>Minutemen=Proto-Socialists
Lore wise the minutemen are best for the commonwealth but their storyline is boring as fuck
Gameplay wise the brotherhood or the institute is the most fun playthrough
>>
>>318398148
The Institute kill a bunch of fuckers, have hitmen synths, have lost sight of humanity for advancement. People working there show their dislike of them.

Brotherhood of Steel want to hoard tech, keeping it out of the hands of plebs, and want all non-humans gone, so they can then focus on rebuilding. But they have a very narrow view.

The Railroad seem to only really care about Synths, and making them 'human'. They offer little else.

Minutemen are just about rebuilding and protecting, and seek unity. The worst thing about them is that they're boring.
>>
in the bio science section there is a pc with info in how the institute kidnaps a settler tortures him and then kill him , replacing it with a synth so they can grow new seeds in the farm .... it specifically says that after experiment they will kill everyone in the farm (settlement) to protect the data.

institue are assholes by default.
>>
>>318423370
they want a cure. not cure others. they're not interested in helping others. They're the only selfbenificing
>>
>>318398148
>the end choices are kind of a moral grey
>there is no good or bad ending, just your decision
>loljk we're gonna give you 3 shitty choices and you can play pretend
>>
>>318423834
>minutemen
>proto socialists
>not just literally good guys
>>
>>318425386
They're also just selfserving, they only help unaligned settlements to get them to join

The brotherhood are pretty big assholes in this one, but they're the also the only faction that engages enemies when it doesn't benefit them in any way.
>>
>>318421917
>Mr. Bones' wild ride
>>
File: ScreenShot9.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot9.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
does anybody know why im getting this stupid face glitch under my eyes and how I fix it?
>>
>>318400275
YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE! IT WAS SAID THAT YOU WOULD DESTROY THE INSTITUTE NOT JOIN THEM! BRING BALANCE TO THE COMMONWEALTH! NOT LEAVE IT WITH SYNTHS!
>>
>>318406437
>37.png
well got
>>
>>318416162
had a pretty good appearance desu. what do you want the entire game to focus around coursers?
>>
I'll try and view them objectively.

Minutemen - Group of individuals with no real power or agenda but with enough influence to be a source of hope for the entire Commonwealth as well as serving as the gentle arbiter in a lawless world. While they are mostly selfseeking and demand a lot of resources and time, it feels good to help more people and put them under the Minutemen's control.

The Railroad - A group of individuals who passionately attempt to right a social wrong, but are ultimately greedy, narrow minded, and violent (albeit quietly) to those who dissent. While their ambitions are noble, the people who make them up ultimately are a perfect reflection of people who attempt to chase these ideals - a group of crackpot idiots. It says a lot when your leader is an idiot radical, your scientist a druggie, your doctor an uptight asshole, and your main firepower a cringeworthy AI.

Institute - People who wish to change the world, not Commonwealth, but world for better. They're a lot like the Railroad, but with more authenticity and more eerie feelings of being brainwashed and forced into it. Yes, all they are doing is making things better, but is the Institute really the basis for a stable utopia? It's a difficult question, and probably the hardest to answer in the game. In any case, it would not be unreasonable to ally with them.

BoS - Complete lunatics. If this game really did have a villain, it would be them.
>>
File: 1448861204301.jpg (42 KB, 370x269) Image search: [Google]
1448861204301.jpg
42 KB, 370x269
>>318398148
Maxson was keked by the lone wanderer and Sarah. You don't want to follow a kek do you
>>
>>318398148
For me it was
Spoilers ahead
>Find Curie
>Turn her into synth waifu material master race
>join Brotherhood
>join Railroad
>Meet Strong, be Silver Shroud and save that ghoul radio guy, reunite the ghoul fridge boy with his parents and give Vault-tec rep a home
>realizing that not all ghouls, synths, and supermutants are bad I betray the Brotherhood and play double-agent with Institute and Railroad
>Destroy Institute
>live the rest of my days with cinnamon rolls synth wife and son in New Covenant
>>
>>318428624
>try to be objective
>full of subjective drivvel
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.