[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So you're telling me I'm forced to find a water chip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: Fallout.jpg (26 KB, 282x218) Image search: [Google]
Fallout.jpg
26 KB, 282x218
So you're telling me I'm forced to find a water chip for a vault or lose the game?

And if I find the water chip, I'm forced to destroy the super mutants before they kill the vault or I lose?

What if I don't care about the Vault?
>>
You can join the Unity as one of the Masters chosen
>>
>>318382798
>What if I don't care about the Vault?
Run out into the wasteland, die, then find another game to play. FO isn't a freeform sandbox game.
>>
>>318382798
Your character does care about the vault though
>>
>>318383531
It's an RPG though, why can't they be just glad to get out of there?
>>
>>318383531
>it's ok when fallout 1 does it
>>
>>318383595
Because everything you ever knew or cared about is there? Why would you just not care and let all of your friends and family die?
If you want to be an edgy psychopath i guess you can just wander aimlessly for 150 days, then wait for the game to end
>>
>>318383531
especially in the very end
one one the best ending i ever seen
>>
>>318383665
whats ok? having your character care about the vault?
>>
>>318383835
He's insinuating that 1 is just as bad as 4 considering one of 4's criticisms was that it now had an extremely set backstory.

But only an autist doesn't see the difference.
>>
>>318382798
You are free to turn off the game. But on you marched.
>>
>>318383531
BUT MY SELF INSERTION
>>
>>318382798
>raised in the vault
>educated in the vault
>the vault's existence guarantee's a state of perpetual prewar life
>not wanting to protect that
do you even AMERICA

but seriously though it's ultimately an acceptable mistake for the first entry in the game.
>>
>>318383912
No he's actually right. FO has never been a freeform game. You literally get a game over screen if you don't do exactly what the main quest tells you to do in both FO1 and FO2.

The only thing missing from FO4 is non combat skill check solutions for quests that aren't boring CHA checks.
>>
The funny thing is you don't have to care about the vault or The Master's army. You can become a chem addled whore and forget about it all. The world doesn't stop for you.

The problem with Fo4 isn't that there's a backstory. The problem is you can't shake your backstory. There is no divergent path. No player agency in your character's character. You are a mom/dad looking for babby and you find that babby come hell or high water. No quest chains offer choice right up until the very end where you get a four way split picking between four factions in Bethesda's equivalent of a Bioware Colors ending.
>>
>>318384025
Why wouldent you care about the vault you autist?
Those are the only 20 people you have ever known up untill this point, that is your family nigger.
>>
>>318384025
Yeah. Its self insertion to have a homosexual raider manwhore in one game and a female diplomat in the next. You fucking retarded cunt.
>>
>>318384093
There's no time limit in FO2 and I think the only way to fail without dieing is to wipe out arroyo yourrself.
>>
>>318384025
>every rpg has to have a self insert character
:)
>>
>>318384093
You only get the game over screen in FO2 if you pissfart around the wastes for 13 years. That's a lot of leeway. And they had to end it there because of the limitations of the engine.
>>
>>318382798
Fun fact.

Fallout 2 has time limit too.

13 years in game.
>>
The game is from a different time where everyone didn't need to "Identify with the character" and was able to enjoy a story as presented without being alienated because they weren't raised like entitled faggots.
>>
>>318384093
They changed it in 2 due to the criticism of 1.

You have 13 fucking years to finish the game.
>>
>>318384068
>but seriously though it's ultimately an acceptable mistake
what mistake?
>>
>>318384503
Some people like to role play in their RPGs.
>>
>>318384093
>FO has never been a freeform game
Yes, and it wasn't trying to be. So that isn't a valid criticism. People only go into the first game thinking that its going to be an open world exploration game because they played 3 or 4 first.
>>
>>318384503
>what mistake?
having no option to continue with the game after vault 13 dies of thirst

it would be fucking neato to go back to the vault after they died of thrist. Or if you met up with some of the vault members who left the vault and having to deal with their hatred of you etc etc. soo much potential there.

doesnt really matter, the game is older that most of the posters on /v/ anyway.
>>
>>318384557
you can still roleplay easily, your character only has the backstory of being born in the vault.
>>
>>318384695
older than the vast majority you mean.
>>
>>318384698
They're also forced to do everything for the Vault and care enough to do it. Kinda like something else I remember
>>
>>318386872
>most
>vast majority
This is just nitpicking and you know it
>>
Rpg =/= Sandbox

many Rpgs have pre-established characters with set in stone goals like Geralt or Shepard
>>
you can just join the fucking master and beat the game that way mofo
>>
>>318388604
It's okay when everyone except Bethesda does it.
>>
>>318391467
Except that fallout 4 didn't encourage or allow you to roleplay as the character you were forced to play as.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.