[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>overly dark atmosphere, foggy grimdark london looking victorian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: shitbourne.jpg (315 KB, 1600x1070) Image search: [Google]
shitbourne.jpg
315 KB, 1600x1070
>overly dark atmosphere, foggy grimdark london looking victorian city always at night
>streetlights have dead bodies hanging from them to show how edgy the city is
>your character regains hp by literally whipping out a vial of blood from random monsters and injecting it into their veins like drugs
>"No surprise that most Yharnamites are heavy users of blood.""
>all the weapons are edgelord shit with serrated edges
>only colors are grey, black, brown, and BLOOD RED
>movement is stiff as fuck, to show how "realistic" it is
>music is all overly creepy dark ambient, or overly dramatic "dark" fight music

Talk about an overrated game, do you guys just have a hardon for sickdark shit?
>>
>>318375683
sounds NEET
>>
File: 1438553731903.jpg (127 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1438553731903.jpg
127 KB, 500x500
>BB
>movement is stiff as fuck
BB has the most quick and fluid movement of all the Souls games
>>
>>318375683
i know right!
>>
Look how tryhard this fucking music is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlQcKBUcgmA

Oooooooooooooh so spooky guys! There's a creepy dude saying japanese shit, and women doing choir vocals, wow!
>>
>sickdark
Are you still trying to make this a thing?
>>
NEVER
>>
>>318375871
That shows just how awful the movement is in Souls games. Bloodborne is smoother and still fucking clunky as shit. You want good movement, try Bayonetta. Fast, fluid movement, fantastic combat. Not fake "it's so real" shit, like these games try to do.
>>
>>318375949
The genres are completely different. Souls games are not pure action games.
>>
>>318375915
>guys, lets make even the character creation menu have dark music, that'll make the game soooooooooooo spooky!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQJIbdg_SQc

This game is sickdark incarnate, all it needs is rape shit and children being tortured.
>>
>>318376017
They should be, maybe then they'd have actual well done combat, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcihhXg8j_o

Souls shit can never compete with that.
>>
what a terrible thread
>>
what does sickdark even mean and why are you trying to make it the next epic buzzword
>>
File: tonsil stone.png (435 KB, 776x453) Image search: [Google]
tonsil stone.png
435 KB, 776x453
I found this on the ground /v/. Is this some sort of SIGN?
>>
>>318376278
At a cursory glance, it's a bloodborne subreddit according to google.
>>
>>318376278
It's a term used in underground European art circles to describe something purposefully made as disgusting and sickeningly dark and grotesque as possible for shock value or to be a "hardcore badass". Miyazaki thinks he's some kind of badass for making this shit.
>>
>>318376419
I think he just wants to set himself apart from his cutesy kawaii disney crap like Spirited Away
>>
>>318376639
Yeah well he better think again. he's Japanese, his culture IS cutesy kawaii disney crap, so he ought to embrace it. Make the next souls game more anime, more over the top, and more cute with more lewd. His games will sell like shit if he keeps his obsession with dark shit. His coworkers need to take him out for drinks, it's obvious he's depressed and needs help.
>>
*Talks about people being edgy, creates an edgy thread.*
>>
>>318376923
Miyazaki made an EDGY game, criticize him first. This thread took like 15 seconds to make, that entire game took years.
>>
>>318375683
>your character regains hp by literally whipping out a vial of blood from random monsters and injecting it into their veins like drugs

Or like medicine.

Yes I know this is a bait thread.
>>
>>318375683
I always had a question about the firearms, are they like some sort of needle gun deal because sometimes they come off as flintlocks.
>>
>>318376918
Sounds more like your culture, faggot. Go watch My Little Pony or something if a little gore in video games offends you.
>>
>>318377024
>first isolated insulin from pig blood

Is the beast plague in Bloodborne just diabetes?
>>
>not posting the best bloodborne song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
>>
>>318377024
Characters taking medicine IS drug usage.
>>
>>318377093
>Sounds more like your culture, faggot.

It's Japanese culture, you fucking racist american bastard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKt6RcLStkc

That IS Japanese culture, Miyazaki can deny all he wants, but if he is truly Japanese he will make games with this style and stop with this dark shit. You can't even jerk off to the shit in Bloodborne. That doesn't sound Japanese to me at all.
>>
>>318377194
OP was alluding to edgy recreational ones though.

Not that any of this matters because they drink it anyway and the game says it's more like alcohol.
>>
File: 1441825339084.gif (3 MB, 346x342) Image search: [Google]
1441825339084.gif
3 MB, 346x342
>>318375949
>compares Bayonetta to Bloodborne
>>
>>318377341
Bayonetta had better gameplay, better movement, better combat, and a better aesthetic. Actual colors, not grey, black, brown, and red.
>>
>>318377286
Tы дoлбoё и я eбaл твoю мaмкy. Late night anime is not Japanese culture, it is otaku culture; what you're saying is similar to saying that MLP is American culture.
>>
>>318377425

Bloodborne had better customization, better atmosphere, better level design, better enemy design, better music, multiplayer, replayability, and has the benefit of not being on a Nintendo console.
>>
>played BB a few months back
>couldn't beat final boss by myself
>start new profile for DLC
>can't beat the starting area without dying 4 times

Holy shit this game reminds you when you suck.
>>
>>318377889
Bullshit, Bayonetta has all that in spades, except multiplayer. Who the fuck wants to pvp in shit like this? Also Nintendo is a real console, unlike the Sony Nogamestation.
>>
File: 13665020235.gif (1 MB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
13665020235.gif
1 MB, 288x198
>>318376097
>senseless buttons mashing and spamming
>good
>>
>>318379350
>stiff wonky controls and clunky reptitive combat and movement
>good

Bwahahahaha
>>
SUPERIOR
>>
>>318375890

Its Latin actually...
>>
>>318380446
ah the tryhard spooky language
>>
>sickdark
Here we go again. Same fucking autist, same fucking shit.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.