[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
...or some say kosm..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: mico.jpg (150 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mico.jpg
150 KB, 1920x1080
...or some say kosm..
>>
>>318374343
I don't get this guy. Explain his lore.
>>
>>318376174
they trap their conciousness in the cage or some shit.

they all died trying to ascend.
>>
>>318376239
game makes no sense.
>>
>>318376174
He was a member of the School of Mensis (presumably the head, but that's not ever actually established), which was an institution of "science" tasked with continuing research started at Byergonworth, in the aim of ascending themselves to a higher plane of reality and becoming great ones.

They were more obsessed cultists than academics however, but seemingly got further in thier goals than anyone had since Rom was ascended.

The cages are for communicating with Great Ones, but it's hinted that it might be a placebo and they're just batshit insane.

They managed to complete a ritual and summon the blood moon, also transporting themselves into the nightmare (but this mummified them all in the real world, and only Michalosh's consciousness survived into the Nightmare). The timeline of this is hazy though, were they already there using Mergo as bait before Rom died, or did Rom's death trigger the transportation?

Either way Michalosh was praying to Kos, or some say Kosm to plant eyes on his brain and cleanse this beastly idiocy. Basically he wanted to be able to comprehend the universe at a level above human complexity.
>>
>>318376239
So they are like Jamestown? Fucking Japanese trying to brainwash out children.
>>
Yeah but why does ayylmao blood turn people into werewolves and witches?
>>
File: vermin.jpg (27 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
vermin.jpg
27 KB, 300x301
>>318377910
Parasites, son!
>>
File: DLC end.png (373 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
DLC end.png
373 KB, 620x350
>>318374343
>some say kosm
They're wrong.
>>
>>318377401
what is the differene between Byergonwerth, Choir and Mensis in methods of trying to ascend?
>>
>>318378484

What part of "some" do you not understand?
>>
>>318378775
Alright then, "some" people have got it wrong, it's Kos.
>>
>>318377401
The nightmare has been formed before the game started.

The Lecture Hall and Mergo's Loft had already been built and Brain if Mensis had been shackled.

The brain is either a Mensis member who ascended (badly) and the School followed or random Ayy whose realm the School managed to invade with their cage meditation.
>>
>>318378894
I felt really sorry for the brain after dropping it, it looked kind of sad just sitting there.
>>
>>318379104
Well it does give you shit if you contact him so he doesn't seem to mind.
>>
>>318379218
Do you think he would mind that I then killed him for a piece of string?
>>
File: Orphan of Kos.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Orphan of Kos.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
What's the lore behind him?
>>
>>318379415
He respawns.
>>
>>318379435
It literally tells you when you kill it.
>>
>>318378894
The string description says they found the brain in the nightmare, so I doubt they ascended into him.
>>
>>318376174
He is the Randolph Carter from Lovecrafts Dreamland novel. He literally says "Now I'm waking up, I'll forget everything..."
>>
>>318379435
Kos died, now he's an orphan.
>>
>>318379435
Instead of it dying as is the usual procedure when summoning great ones Kos died instead living it behind.
how and why did Kos bit the dust I have missed much of the lore
>>
>>318379603
Unless one of them ascended and created the realm and the rest found him there all evil and shit when they managed to breach the boundary.
>>
>>318379838
Then Micolash would be praising him instead of Rom.
>>
>>318379886
I think Micolash would rather be like Rom.

Brain of Mensis is literally leaking the secrets of the universe so that people he gazes go mad.
>>
>every chalice its the same underground zone
fuck that shit
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.