[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DAILY REMINDER >no singleplayer campaign >no team AI for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: siege.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
siege.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
DAILY REMINDER

>no singleplayer campaign
>no team AI for offline missions at all
>half-assed, hordemode terrorist hunt modes(bomb defusal where an unlimited number of enemies suddenly swarms your position)
>poor, misaligned animations(weapon swings all the time like you're sprinting)
>completely broken matchmaking
>no server browser, barely any customization options
>uplay mandatory
>only 11 maps at launch, 5 of which are already played out from the alpha & betas
>only 4 new maps in the whole of 2016
>micro-transactions

THIS IS A FULL-PRICED GAME THAT COSTS $60.
>>
11 maps isn't bad, at least on launch.
>>
>>318371247
It is absolutely ridiculous for a $60 mp only game
>>
>>318371054

>11 maps only at launch

Thats awesome compared to Battlefront's 4 and mgsv's 3.

>micro transactions
Only bothers those who are skinfags, therefore go back to csgo.
Every content will be free.
>>
>>318371385

So because Battlefront was a rip-off too this is now ok? Way to lower your standards retard, do gaming a favor and kill yourself

>every content will be free

No it won't, Tier 4-5 skins are realmoney-only and the 8 new operators will require 200h to unlock total according to Ubi, that is without unlocking anything else in those 200h.T-totally not a grind, right? fuck off shill
>>
>>318371385
Battlefront 4 and MGSV had a singleplayer campaign.
>>
File: Gary_Busey.png (332 KB, 693x695) Image search: [Google]
Gary_Busey.png
332 KB, 693x695
>>318371054
>>318371054
>no single player
>no AI offline missions
>On a fucking Rainbow Six game.
I dropped Ubisoft when they started forcing Uplay on us, but holy shit I didn't thought It'll get this bad.
>>
>>318371534

>tier 4-5 SKINS
again, go play csgo

>200 hours to unlock 8 operators
Proof?
Anyone knows that is bs anyway who played the beta.
>>
What game are we shilling by shitting on this game boys?
>>
>die
>killcam has the guy shooting the air next to me
>every
>fucking
>time

I got fucking livid tonight while playing the beta. Absolute garbage.
>>
>>318371054
>No uniformity among rainbows
>Weapons are glossy and look cheap
>Gunplay is floaty and give little to no feedback
>Shitty netcode
>Rainbow units are now terrorists planting bombs

Which is fucking retarded, because they showed the Opfor as terrorists. Also,
>Uplay
>>
worst of all, you shitlords actually encourage their COD-tier weapons unlock system
>>
>>318372324

>buy the shit you want is bad
>level the fuck up until you get what you want is good

Kill yourself
>>
>>318372456
>I don't need the game to actually be fun, I need the cockcarrot to dangle in front of my eyes so that I have illusion of fun

oh fuck off
>>
>>318372501
>cockcarrot

What the actual fuck
>>
>>318372501
You have no clue what the fuck you're complaining about dude.
What does the weapon unlock system have to do with fun?
Stop skirting around questions and actually answer him you pussy.
>>
>>318371575
Battlefront doesn't have any singleplayer. Just shitty bot matches.
>>
>>318371054
>no singleplayer campaign
Don't care
>no team AI for offline missions at all
Don't care
>half-assed, hordemode terrorist hunt modes(bomb defusal where an unlimited number of enemies suddenly swarms your position)
Don't care
>poor, misaligned animations(weapon swings all the time like you're sprinting)
Minor issue
>completely broken matchmaking
Yep, this is deal breaker
>no server browser, barely any customization options
An issue, customization is minor issue
>uplay mandatory
An issue
>only 11 maps at launch, 5 of which are already played out from the alpha & betas
That's quite neat amount of maps, actually, considering they're going to release more for free
>only 4 new maps in the whole of 2016
The maps are quite enjoyable, so, not that of an issue
>micro-transactions
Don't care, I'd rather have this than them selling maps as DLCs, which segregate community

All in all I'm not buying until the fix all the broken things in the game and lower the price. The things you criticize it about aren't reasons for not buying the game. The netcode and mm is.
>>
So I've got the Beta downloading at the moment.
>>
>>318372324

>codtier weapons unlock system

Game doesnt even have weapon unlocking
>>
>>318372718
>That feel when this poster isn't a fucking fag.
>That feel when I snatched it for 40 bucks and some buddies got it too.
>>
>>318372578
It has nothing to do with fun because its not fucking fun. Its also not balanced because if I go into a game against a person with 100 hours I am already at enough of a disadvantage, I dont want them to have the best gun in the game available while I am stuck with a shitty starter gun/operator/whatever.

Shitty unlocks in multiplayer are retarded.
>>
>>318372738
You unlock new operators which in turn unlock new weapons.
>>
>>318372795
People love unlocks. You can get an operator you like from the get go by watching the tutorial. I like Kapkan, I bought him from the start. 2 games later i got attacking operator and main them, buying others whenever I have free renown. Everyone is happy this way. Ubi actually did pretty good job with the game in terms of design.
>>
>>318372868

And you can only any operatof you want after 1 fucking match.
You can have the same fucking exact operator at level 1 as someone at 100.

Insanely better than the battlefield bullshit level grind for guns and accessories.
>>
>>318372985
People love unlocks because people need something to keep them playing the damn game. Why? Because the fucking game is not fun or engaging enough on its own.

It's called grind for a fucking reason.
>>
>>318372985
>Complimenting Ubisoft.
Prepare for the hordes of the retarded to actually accuse you of being employed by them.
>>
File: Dying man.jpg (25 KB, 579x329) Image search: [Google]
Dying man.jpg
25 KB, 579x329
>>318373090
>People love unlocks because people need something to keep them playing the damn game.
>"I don't like this game but I'm going to keep playing to unlock it something I want in this game I don't like"
>>
>>318373181
Older games didn't have unlocks. Raven Shield had more weapons than Siege does and they were all readily available from the get go.

Why? Because each weapon had its own purpose and you were supposed to choose the right mash up for the job.

I sure love the choice between an MP5K and a fucking shotgun on my operator in siege.
>>
File: 1411775572308.png (400 KB, 859x702) Image search: [Google]
1411775572308.png
400 KB, 859x702
Guys help, I actually kind of want this game after watching gameplay. Convince me not to
>>
>>318373326
>Getting mad people want a sense of progression in a fucking video game.
I mean, feel free to play the super successful games released nowadays that don't feature progression unlocks...
>>
>>318373104
I don't like Ubi at all. I don't despise them as Bethesda, but we're still not in good terms. Still, I cannot not compliment them when they do something right for a change. And I do believe that they have good concept for a game, but it's implemented quite poorly. It's rather frequent problem with them. They have the same thing with MM card game, Ghost Recon Online, and now Siege.
>>
>>318373336
dumb choiposter
>>
>>318373439
Gee I wonder why most people dump and forget the game after they unlock everything.
>>
>>318373567
...Because they feel they've gotten everything out of the game?
If they didn't like it it wouldn't have been played through anyway.
I don't know what you're trying to prove but you're looking like a fucking moron the more you post.
>>
>>318373649
I swear to god you have no idea how retarded you sound.

I dont want to play the game to unlock a fucking rifle, I want to play the game because the mechanics are fun. If the mechanics are fun how come they aren't anymore once you got that fucking golden deagle? I am trying to simplify this as much as I can for you and its clearly still not enough.
>>
>>318373326
>>318372868

If you play as recruit you can choose any fucking loadout you want at the cost of not having a unique gadget, they can use any and all weapons
>>
>>318373845
They're limited in their armour and speed, though. IIRC they have the lowest amount of protection. I may be wrong.
>>
>>318373945

Recruits have 2/3 in both armour and speed stats which means they're just average overall
>>
>Battlefront Beta
>Less than 1 hour into it
>Rainbow Beta
>More than 6

I'm good. Now, I won't pay full price for it. If I can find a cheap CD key then I will.
>>
>>318374009
Ah, okay.
>>
>>318372718
this desu senpai
>>
>>318371762
Ubisoft fucking said so themselves you fucking retard. why would they bring themselves into a bad light
>>
>SWAT 5 will never be released
instead we get Call of Doodee:Home Alone with your terrorist squad
>>
>>318373336

If you think you'll like it give it a go, it's honestly pretty fun. I can never play a shooter for longer than like 20 hours and even though I did have fun this won't be any difference but I'm glad I at least got to hang out in the beta.
>>
>>318374669
proof
>>
>>318371054
better than csgo which only has dust 2
>>
>>318374921
http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-227423-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

>Each new post-launch operator can be unlocked by playing approximately 25 hours.
>>
File: 3qAgqJa[1].png (174 KB, 429x491) Image search: [Google]
3qAgqJa[1].png
174 KB, 429x491
what was /v/'s opinion on some of the video games that came out in 2015:
>[insert game name] is a broken piece of shit with shit downgraded graphics, clunky mechanics and no content.
And here I am having fun playing RS:S beta.
>>
>>318375049
Good for you. Some people like great games with great value, others enjoy getting shat in the face and being thankful for it.
>>
>>318375049
>Witcher 3 is a broken piece of shit with shit downgraded graphics, clunky mechanics and no content.
>Battlefront is a broken piece of shit with shit downgraded graphics, clunky mechanics and no content.
>Fallout 4 is a broken piece of shit with shit downgraded graphics, clunky mechanics and no content.
>MGSV is a broken piece of shit with shit downgraded graphics, clunky mechanics and no content.
>Bloodboarne is a broken piece of shit with shit downgraded graphics, clunky mechanics and no content.
literally
>>
>>318375192
I thought last year sucked ass, this year was fucking shit as well.
>>
>>318375132
apart from some minor issues it plays completely fine. get over it senpai
>>
>>318375235
Games in recent years:
>Microtransactions0
>Paid DLC
>half-assed content
>So bugged that barely any games are playable at release
>downgrades for nearly every AAA title
>servers are literally gone, matchmaking taking over
I dont want to break it to you anon but I think we got to a point of no return here. Industry so casualized might as well start playing the fucking Bejeweled. There will NEVER ever be another year like 1998.
>>
It's a messed up world when Battlefield 3 and 4 got a single player but Rainbow 6 doesn't.
>>
>>318375580
Dude, Bejeweled is fucking awesome.
>>
rainbow six siege is okay, its maybe a 6/10 from me

> The good
Operators are unique, their mechanics fit the pace of the game and feel useful.
Attacking and defending is both tense and exciting, and the team that plans better seems to win more often.

> The bad
Guns feel like peashooters, shooting in general is just spray and hope you kill, kind of feels random whether you kill or get killed.
Probably due to netcode, as sometimes you get killed after walking around corners or from strange angles.
Where are the terrorist models? Why is it CTs vs CTs? Sometimes in a fight it gets confusing to see a "friendly" CT. They really need T models.
Matchmaking was not great in beta, lots of disconnecting, waiting and bugs.
Unlocking operators is a pain which sucks especially because the game becomes MUCH much better with them

Overall I enjoyed it, but it just isnt worth its asking price at the moment.
>>
File: hellyeah.jpg (250 KB, 1148x796) Image search: [Google]
hellyeah.jpg
250 KB, 1148x796
>>318371054
>tfw the only good Rainbow Six is Rogue Spear on PC.
>>
>>318377114
what was bad about ravenshield?
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.