[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good social games with a sense of community.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
Games that you end up spending more time talking and socializing than grinding.

I miss friends /v/
>>
>>318368145
go play facebook games and "socialize" with your "friends" then
>>
>>318368254
>He thinks RO is a Facebook game.

Are you sure you're old enough to be posting on this board?
>>
>>318369503
I think you missed his point but oh well
>>
>>318368145
ToS is out soon, welcome back anon.
>>
>>318369678
he probably was 14 when he started RO

i was
>>
TF2 likes to think it started people's obession with hats.

Post your hatfu.
>>
>>318369762
I missed the beta, does it deliver?
>>
>>318370509
I haven't played it, but it looks like every shitty cash-grab Korean MMO
>>
File: 2287.gif (240 B, 24x24) Image search: [Google]
2287.gif
240 B, 24x24
>>318370293
This motherfucker right here
>>
>>318368145
so meny feels .... (to old for this sit<shoots himself>)
>>
Sad days boys.. I really hope another solid game comes out.
I used to hate grinding but now I respect it, it's a time sink with a community, it's a different experience than when you boot up another game like Super Mario Galaxy.
>>
the hat you needed a bucket and a shit ton of tassels
>>
>>318368145
>easily make friends irl
>always lonely in multiplayer
>autists who dont have any irl friends have hundreds nicknames in their friendlist
>they dont even good players
What is wrong with me?
>>
I liked RO at the time of beta nd launch but lets be realistic.

The game has one of the worst grinds ever. You got tired of it and talked in town for a biut and then went back to the grind.

Too many look at the game with rose tinted goggles. It wasn't anywhere near as good as anyone says it was. It simply was the best aviablae at the time.
>>
>>318372478
I feel you, somewhat.
When I was young, I was always really social on mmo's, slowly as I got older I got more quiet but I always got along with people if conversation ever spurred up.

After late Burning Crusade on WoW, I went back to other games and realised how much WoW had shaped me in regards to online games. WoW became so anti social, there was no need to party up, no need to chat to people, general chat wasn't worth participating in, you out levelled areas so fast you'd never make friends, etc, and it really pushed that kind of culture into how I play other games.

Sad times.
>>
>>318368145
I miss that game, but mostly I just did 2-man parties with some really chill people. This was before vent/skype was a thing.
>>
>>318369865
From what I hear, it doesn't live up to the hype, just like every other new game.

>>318370293
drooping cat, I had a +7 back in the day. MDef was really hard to get back then.
>>
File: IMG_1893.jpg (133 KB, 625x370) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1893.jpg
133 KB, 625x370
>>318368145
D E D
E
D
G A M E
A
M
E
>>
>>318368145
Novice best class, prove me wrong nigerians

Protip: you can't
>>
>>318373434
Super novice m8.

>>318373030
As someone said earlier, old mmo's were timesinks, it's a different style of game. You can't really go into them and be disappointed that it takes ages to do 'cool stuff'. They're designed to be something you do that's slow and easy, doesn't take much attention, and you can do other things during. The same reason Euro Truck Sim took off, it's not much attention, but enough that you feel like you're doing something, and you watch movies/listen to podcasts/sit on skype during.
>>
4chan.org/vg/nosg
>>
>>318370293
the boy's cap
my friends and I took a long time to complete it so we end up borrowing it with each other
2nd fave was the bunny top hat
>>
>>318373627
Ah yes, the "barely even a game" genre.
Walking simulators, mobile games, and mmos are all designed to be timesinks.
how is runescape even a thing? it has the worst mechanics, most bots, slowest response, lowest framerate, loading screens in combat/PVP, and requires the most time of all of them.
>>
>>318376489
Runescape is pretty solid, at least the old one, as you ALWAYS have something to grind, and you can alternate what you wanna level up a LOT as you have so many options of place, skill, etc.

I think runescape does it pretty right, it doesn't try to be anything it's not, it's just straight up a time sink with a friends list. In my opinion, WoW got significantly worse when it tried to remove the grind and in turn gave you all the 'reward' for no effort, same with MapleStory as well.

As shown by a lot of point and click MMO's, you don't even need solid gameplay, but it's a bonus. As long as you have a grind, you'll have people talking in general, going back to town to get away from it or doing something else on their other monitor, and when you're stuck in the same zone as others for 2 weeks, you're bound to make conversation and friends with those people enduring it as well.
>>
>>318376780
Actually, now I think about it, isn't 4chan very similar? We're all here to kill time, we refresh for hours, and we're all just chiming into different conversations, we just don't have slimes to kill during.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.