[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that Koreans almost never put out non-mmo style games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: presented in squint o vision.jpg (450 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
presented in squint o vision.jpg
450 KB, 1200x600
Why is it that Koreans almost never put out non-mmo style games?

Some of their designs and worlds actually seem kind of interesting, but almost always have shitloads of grinding, even in Gamevil's stuff, which is probably the closest we'll get.

It doesn't even have to have a physical release, given that even consoles have digital markets.
>>
>>318366535

They're playing to their audience. This is a country where people routinely die of exertion playing MMOs, why wouldn't you try to get a piece of that pie?
>>
>>318366704
But anon, I'm allergic to pie!
>>
>>318366535
Post Closers webms.
>>
>>318367296
duh okay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64-G_3U0Kjs
>>
>>318367296
But really, what you want is this, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypLG3V3B3w8&t=1m55s
>>
Pretty sure the Korean market is built almost entirely out of subscription-based games. Even Starcraft is subscription-based over there.
>>
When the fuck is Closers getting and English release so I can play it for like a week and then move onto something else?
>>
They like money, most gaming is on pc, addiction, pay2win or grind2win that caters to a minority that wi spend all their time and money on it, oversaturated game market (so the more addicting the better, this is a country that spews out a newkpop star in a week
>>
>>318366535
>anime wannabe mmos for entry levels weeaboo
Can gook s do anything other than ripoff the jap?
>>
>>318368497
I mean they have other games but only localize mmorpg becuz money
>>
File: 1448323819647.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1448323819647.webm
2 MB, 640x480
Elsword is shit where all you do is loop the same stuff over and over again with no real sense of learning new shit

Closers looks nice but it's boring

People gave a shit about Ar:piel?
>>
>>318367296
>>318367296
This shit look even worse than neptunia
>>
>>318368593
>gook
>anything other than grindfest f2p p2w mmos trash
Go shit your kimchi, gookboo
>>
>>318368371
How fucking horrifying.
>>
>>318368628
Why is Gilbert Gottfried's fat clone having a seizure?
>>
>>318368717
They got other games i wouldn't play but it boils down to them wanting to make money
>>
>gook mmos with the same animu art style and the same tired animu cliche and the same animu characters stereotype
Truly innovation, bravo corean
>>
>>318367778
>>318368242
This shit look even worse than neptunia, how?
>>
>>318369143
Korean Magic.
>>
Well if they didn't do well in korea they would make other type of games, its all about catering to your target audience, that's why western games won't feel like korean games and wont be like japanese games. Korean games are typically horribly balanced and the aesthetics are for animation fanatica
>>
>>318369000
But they has gook names and speak gook now. Enjoy your kimchehyungnajooyon
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.