[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give a solid reason for nearly half of last gen's install
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: lJWP8.jpg (30 KB, 450x322) Image search: [Google]
lJWP8.jpg
30 KB, 450x322
Give a solid reason for nearly half of last gen's install base (40 million people) to be excited for an industry that relies on the same old games, mediocre games, remasters & indies to stay relevant?

This gen, I feel, will be smaller than the previous (by half). In 2018 you start hearing from Sony that it will be remastering Uncharted 4 in 60 fps 1440p for the PS5 as its launch title.
>>
>>318364058

You know what I want?

I want the rumors of the NX having "Industry-leading chips" to be true, even if it ends up hurting them and they have to charge $400-500 for it at launch
>>
>>318364472
The real truth is that Nintendo as a home console company is dying. Their niche is found in games that really aren't all that demanding. Plus, the 3DS sells like hotcakes. Their future going forward is going to be in handhelds, mobile, and "portable" or "on-the-go" gaming.

I expect NX to be an extension of the 3DS, their phone games, or both. Like some all-inclusive play Mario 3D LandWorldPlace anywhere type of shit.

Microsoft on the other hand is dying.

Sony always... wins?
>>
File: 1448170606167.jpg (3 MB, 2610x2989) Image search: [Google]
1448170606167.jpg
3 MB, 2610x2989
>>318364058
>relies on the same old games
Stopped reading ther.

Titles start launching in December/Early 2016

What games are you playing, PC clown?
>>
>>318364472
I don't. That would only lead to them giving up on home consoles completely after NX sells worse than Wii U.

>>318364653
>Plus, the 3DS sells like hotcakes
It's on track to sell worse than the GBA and PSP. It's far from selling like hotcakes, especially these days.
>>
>>318364686
You truly believe Detroit (sorry, Heavy Rain) and Horizon ZD (sorry, every 3rd person game ever made) will be the games all other games will look up to in the future?
>>
>>318364932
>Horizon ZD (sorry, every 3rd person game ever made)

Literally retarded
>>
>>318365025
Titanfall was supposed to be a new concept but ultimately it ended being just another shooter. Why should Horizon be different from what was shown?
>>
>>318364653
>>318364878

I'm just hoping I won't need to buy two consoles to get every game. They already merged their console and handheld devs into one entity, so they probably will do so with their console.

They can sell two versions, one that's just a console, and one with a handheld accessory, or have the ability to use your phone as a portable controller.
>>
>>318364932
>Horizon ZD

Considering it's the west's first proper mecha style monster hunter, I'd say yes. The eye candy alone will make it, I mean just look at this and we know it's getting first party treatment so it'll look polished and just as good after release
>>
>>318365134
Tell me a shooter that has the except same mechanics as Titanfall

And why are you comparing 2 completely different games
>>
>>318365230
It barely holds 30 on ps4. Downgrade imminent.
>>
>>318365162
>>318364653
Mobile gaming will replace handhelds though, Nintendo has basically stopped making 3DS games a while ago, their focus is on the NX and milking the wiiU for all it's got. Despite Nintendos success with handhelds I really don't see them being able to cash in on another unless they have a gangbuster line of first party titles hidden away somewhere or they innovate something better than dual 240p screens. I just dont think they can sell another new new 3ds unless it brings something to the table.
>>
>>318365281
A shooter is a shooter no matter how different it tries to be (but quake, tribes, warframe).
>>
>>318365230
This looks terrible. People actually like this? The actual world is designed nicely I guess, but the art style is pure shit. Something is seriously wrong with their lighting
>>
>>318365281
Titanfall tried a lot of cool new things (jetpacks, bots, titans, etc), which is admirable, but ultimately at its core it has the same old sprint-ads-shoot gameplay Call of Duty 4 poisoned the well with in 2007.

>>318365382
I disagree. Shooters have a great deal of variety, the differences usually stem from their gameplay styles. You can't honestly say that Quake (heavy focus on fast movement and map control) and TF2 (heavy focus on class synergy and objective play) are the same at their core, because they're not. The only similarity is that you shoot guns in both games.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.