[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boy, Mission 45 sure is a good great awesome fun mission for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
Boy, Mission 45 sure is a good great awesome fun mission for fun people who like fun. I sure do love having to destroy like 50 tanks. Fuck this mission.
>>
suck it up princess
>>
>>318349315
>no proper final boss
>no fist fight against the big bad
>last real mission is about destroy 20 tanks because reasons

Fuck that game and fuck kojima
>>
>>318349315
Upgrade your GROM launcher and learn how to not stand out in the open, retard. I never had a problem with that mission.
>>
>>318349315
I S-ranked it on my first try and thought it was a piece of cake. You must really suck.
>>
>>318349315
>destroy tanks

If you're not fulton extracting them, then you're a massive faggot and need to git gud.
>>
>>318350058
I've been using the CGM launcher. I'm not standing in the open either, so fuck off with that shit.

>>318351110
Ok

>>318351268
Aren't they always alerted to your presence? The tanks are out in the open, so you have to be massively fucking good to fulton them and not be seen other wise everyone is going to fire at you..
>>
>He doesn't use fully upgraded armor parasite with the upgraded GCM launcher

Only the camo parasite restricts you to an A rank, anon
>>
Trying to fulton everything made me rage so hard.

For some reason tanks and vehicles see you when you have the stealth camouflage.

In the end you just have to call in a sandstorm.
>>
Boy, MGSV sure is a good great awesome fun mission for fun people who like fun. I sure do love having to extract like 5000000 soldiers and vehicles. Fuck this game.
>>
>>318351874
>Only the camo parasite restricts you to an A rank, anon

This changes everything
>>
This actually ruined my love for the game. The whole month playing this was great. 45 just killed it and left me really rustled.
>>
The fucking physics in this game are fucking stupid.

>Go to a tank.
>Drive it against something that will keep it in place.
>Rev it up
>Steer it so it can now go forward
>The fucking tank shoots up in the air like GTA Vice City tanks or some shit.

Had my tank stuck up top of a huge tree and jumped over a canyon like this.
>>
>>318351874
Is that outfit good stat wise? Could I just use the stealth camouflage?
>>
HOPE YOU'VE BEEN UPGRADING YOUR ROCKET LAUNCHERS EVEN THOUGH THERE'S LITERALLY NO REASON TO

I love these retards that always pop up in these threads "LOL I used a fully upgraded launcher and parasite armor guess u suck!"

No, I actually focused on non-lethal, like the way the game encourages you to the entire time
>>
File: image.jpg (285 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
285 KB, 1200x1200
>>318349315
>I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea, I will always be with you. Plant your roots in me. I won't see you end as ashes, you're all diamonds.

Venom Snake is the hero of Outer Heaven and a True Snake. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>318352443

>never deviating from the norm to fuck around and enjoy the physics

Come on, now. It's the only redeeming aspect.
>>
>>318352603
>>318352603
>Enjoy the physics.
lel >>318352168

There was minimal physics in GTA V. The mobile/car/tank physics are all fucked up.
>>
>>318352443
Don't they give you a rocket launcher at the beginning? It's not as good as a fully upgraded one, but it still does the job.
>>
>>318352443
Yeah, this for me. I mean, I made the CGM so I could take out gunships if I needed to, but other than that I focused on non lethal shit and now I have to either redo the fucking mission after quitting it and upgrading or try and beat it with all my low grade shit.
>>
>>318352309
If you don't care about the rank, absolutely.

I went back to do mission tasks and used the camo parasite to fulton all the tanks.
>>
File: 1439705380361.png (753 KB, 1008x672) Image search: [Google]
1439705380361.png
753 KB, 1008x672
>>318349315
>Not using armored parasite suit
>>
>>318349315
>/v/ is now filled with casuals

Kill me now.
>>
>>318352716
Yeah, they give you a RPG. You can also infinitely get ammo through supply drops. At that point you can call in air strikes too. Plus with the building next to you that they can't penetrate with their shots... The enemies don't spawn at once....

The mission is really easy. I thought Metallic Archea was much harder.
>>
>>318352716

Not really, no. When it takes 4+ missiles to down one tank you're basically fucked after the second wave
>>
>>318352793
How does it work? The description it gives only tells me I get really cool abilities. Does that mean I can jump around and move stupid fast like Quiet?
>>
>>318352443
>Not being versatile and compared for all combat AND non-combat situations.

You dumb motherfucker
>>
>>318353047

This is literally the only mission I had trouble with in the entire game. Why don't they make a game that will be completable no matter what upgrade path I take?
>>
>>318353036

Sadly no. You equip the armor itself and develop some parasite capsules through R&D and then you use the capsule like a normal item.
You just need to be wearing the suit to use the item
>>
>>318349315
The solider that tried to rape Quiet didn't get it in, right? You hear the pants unzip and he pulls down her pants, but we never see her body move to indicate thrusting. So it's only attempted, right?
>>
File: 1445755187492.png (689 KB, 917x1200) Image search: [Google]
1445755187492.png
689 KB, 917x1200
>Don't use the battle dress because I don't want to look like a faggot in the cutscenes
>Get sniped by tanks constantly
Yeah not the greatest mission
>>
>>318352968
Actually, some of the shots arc over the building and will hit you even if youre behind them
>>
>>318353034
Not only that, but the CGM only has 6 ammo total, and it usually takes 2 to take down a tank, so you're fucked.
>>
>>318351729
>so you have to be massively fucking good to fulton them and not be seen other wise everyone is going to fire at you..

Ok so kill everyone who shoots at you and fulton the tanks.

Better yet, you can just set up a fulton trap for them or set up C4 on the road before the next wave.

There's so much flexibility in this mission and everyone who struggles with this mission just stays in the castle. Here's a hint. All 3 tanks can hit you from the castle. Is that really a smart place to be?
>>
>>318352573
Thats one of the best scenes in the game and it sent chills down my spine but it doesn't redeem the fact that venom is a mindless mute 85% of the game.
>>
File: Untitled.png (103 KB, 328x476) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
103 KB, 328x476
did anyone else like the game?
>>
>>318352443
>I actually focused on non-lethal, like the way the game encourages you to the entire time

How so? The game easily gives out S ranks for going full lethal, it also has several missions and submissions with helicopters, which are easier to bring down with rocket launchers. After the first 10 or so missions, you hardly need to fulton every soldier you run across like you're demoing the game at e3. You just convinced yourself you had to play in the most boring way
>>
>>318353394
OP here, I really like the game. Just fuck this mission.
>>
>>318353121

It is completable no matter what path you take. There's nothing stopping you from lighting up every base except a letter grade
>>
>>318353394
I enjoyed it but I'll be damned if I'm going to go out capturing any more gerbils for that last achievement
>>
>>318353253
I was never hit nor was Quiet. I hid in the building. None of the tank shots hit me in there, they just impacted on the building. I only played the mission the one time, so I guess I'm not really a good judge of it.
>>
>>318353405

I disagree that it's the most boring method for the game to be stealthy and fulton soldiers. The game clearly rewards you for not killing soldiers with points at the end of missions and yes you can S rank missions even with lethal means but you're being incentivized with points and soldiers NOT to use lethal methods.
>>
>>318353651
"uncommon" turtles, man
>>
>>318353394
more than 110hours of my 200 hours are computer being AFK mining the motherbase extension items etc.

This game sucked ass.
>>
>>318353651

I had to look up a guide for those fucking capture cages because you need to put some of them in really specific locations

>>318353394
I have like 90 something percent of the game done. The only thing stopping me from 100% is "listen to x conversations" and the tasks for one of those missions that sends you in completely naked.
>>
>>318349315
I still can't believe I managed to S-Rank this shit, it's super garbage.

Raiden suit's super worth it, though
>>
>>318353793
i afk'd about 20 hours before i realized nukes developed server-side
>>
>>318353752
The quantity and quality of soldiers that join you after missions and you return to the chopper are nonrandom, they're just another part of the game's dynamic difficulty. For example, even if you don't fulton soldiers you'll still have enough by mission 10 you'll be able to get the Sneaking Suit, even if the game has to give you like 23 soldiers. The quality and quantity of diamonds in the bases and outposts are also part of the dynamic difficulty and are based on both your short-term finances (are you in the red?) and I think life-long finances too (the game wants you to have so much at some point in the game). The no-kills bonus is not that large either, if you're going after S-ranks... Speedy completion of the mission is much more important.
>>
>>318351729
Not really, tanks have a big blind spot and often don't move around very much. If you can take out any teams overlooking the back of the tank, you should be good to go.
>>
>>318354267

You're right that the no-kill bonus isn't very high but I don't want to use a rocket launcher to blast through enemies so I didn't. I prefer to sneak around and CQC enemies or tranq them but I'm punished for that playstyle by this one mission because I didn't come close to having the correct equipment since I literally never needed anything but the default launcher the whole game.

Its not a big deal but it's annoying to have to grind for this shitty mission which is objectively bad for this kind of game
>>
>>318354638
Can't you unlock the Lil' Chick Hat after 10 deaths (and restarting from the checkpoint) and be invisible to the tanks and enemies? I know on some missions it won't unlock, the amount of deaths you need to have while wearing the Chicken Hat to get it seems to vary from mission to mission. You'll get a mission score of 0, but a win's a win.
>>
Small tip guys

Using the invincible armor function on the parasite armor doesn't affect your score, only the stealth camo one does

So you can just activate it and fulton the tanks
>>
>>318349315
Casual
>>
>>318355203
>HERE'S 20 FUCKING TANKS YOU WERE NOT PREPARED TO FIGHT
>"lol you casual"
>>
>>318353752
there's a difference between being stealthy and fultoning and playing only non-lethally. In fact, kneecapping the soldiers before fultoning them gives you more hero points than just tranquing.
>>
>>318349315
>He's so mad he's going to go and post about it on the internet

Boy I can't wait to see your "I'm so fucking mad" Dark Souls blog
>>
File: 1368516894624.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1368516894624.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>318355617
>the mission springs a ton of tanks on you
>hardly upgraded and didn't even know about it
>lol, you faggot
Ok.
>>
>>318355384
>not always being prepared
>they give you a rocket launcher anyway
>you can just hide out in the building and ask for anything through supply drops, it takes like 5 seconds

the real big boss would never do this
>>
>>318355384
>Not having a Heavy Weapons loadout to fight off tough enemies ready to supply drop in at a moment's notice
>After dealing with Skulls, Volgin, and a fucking Metal Gear throughout the game

You should be prepared to throw down at a moment's notice, Anon.
>>
>>318356074

I upgraded D-Walker, not rocket launchers

Why the fuck are people defending this awful fucking mission? It's the worst mission in the entire game by far, and not from a "omg its hard" view but a "this game was not made for this kind of action" view. I question how any of you had fun with that mission
>>
>>318356074
>Skulls
Are you talking about the mission with the van you need to extract? Because I snuck around those and had Quiet distract them.
>Volgin
He absorbed that shit. So that doesn't count.
>Metal Gear
Of course I was prepared for that shit. Are you fucking dumb? But I wasn't prepared for like 20 tanks out of fucking no where.
>>
>>318356386
>>318356604
Why the fuck would you not upgrade your heavy weapons shit after even the Metallic Archea mission, where the Armored Skulls destroy D-Walker and tanks with that rusty mist shit? Perhaps that was too subtle of an "Upgrade yourself, not your buddies" hint.

I concede it would have been better if Ocelot tipped you off that Quiet pissed off the entire Soviet army in the briefing before that mission, but in the mission where you fight her he tells you she's been executing the Reds left and right, didn't you think that MAYBE they might really want her dead?
>>
>>318357187
>implying D-Walker wasn't OP as fuck in Metallic Archea
If you just kept your distance and had the gattling gun, D-Walker was fucking awesome in Mission 29.
>>
>>318349315
>Not running from window to window taking potshots at tanks like it's fucking Pavlov's House in Stalingrad
Cyka
>>
File: The-boss.jpg (42 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
The-boss.jpg
42 KB, 500x268
>>318352573
>Having personal feelings about your comrades is one the worst sins you can commit.
>>
>>318352309
>stealth camouflage
barely works in that particular mission

Soldiers and tanks will see you regardless if you're cloaked or not unless you're constantly crawling around
>>
>>318353383
I get chills everytime I see the first kaz speech on the chopper, something about the music in that scene really gets me
>>
>>318353906
>The only thing stopping me from 100% is "listen to x conversations"
oh boy
you're in for some fun times figuring these exact sequences for them especially with how game sometimes just glitches out randomly
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.