[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Maxson exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80
File: Stick in the ass man.jpg (12 KB, 270x223) Image search: [Google]
Stick in the ass man.jpg
12 KB, 270x223
Seeing how this is the same brotherhood of steel members from the Capital Wasteland.
How in the hell did this fuckhead become the Elder of this group and completely reimagined everything?
What happened to the mindset that was established on to the members by Elder Lyons and his daughter?
He's such a god damn child.
>THE SYNTHS ARE ALL EVIL
>THEY'RE NOT HUMAN, THEY'RE MACHIIIIIIIINES.
>THERE ALL EVIL AND MUST BE DESTROYED!!!
>Nevermind that my most trusted Paladin in the whole group is a synth and has nothing but loyalty while never having the intentions of betraying the brotherhood, ALL SYNTHS ARE EVIL!
>A MAN PLAYING AS GAAAAWD!!!
I mean, it's fine he doesn't like synths, but destroying every single one as if they're ALL evil is dumb as fuck.
The thing that he can't seem to come to an understanding is that he barely knows jack all about synths and his only problem is that they didn't come across this idea first. Why destroy something when you can really use it to your advantage?
Not the mention the stick up his ass attitude he always shoves on you as if you've actually loyal too his punk ass.

Every time I have a conversation with this jackass, I kill him. Just for sure laughs.
>>
>why did the Brotherhood go back to their core values after being fucked over by a shithead trying to play white knight of the wasteland and decimating their numbers

Gee I wonder
>>
>>318345067
The brotherhood are just mad thay didn't make them first
>>
>Why does Maxson fear sentient robots that will end up enslaving or wiping out humanity?
>Why is the Brotherhood going back to their roots?
>Why am I fucking retarded?

About sums up your thread, op.
>>
The BOS from 3 were an abberation. The brotherhood's job was to retrieve all pre war technology by any means necessary. If you didn't give them what they wanted, they would just kill you and take it because you're too stupid to be handling it. It's not difficult to see why they would want to destroy synths. Technology belongs to the brotherhood. No one else.
>>
Capital Wasteland BoS were breaking all the directives by being the wasteland police. The BoS directive is to seize every toaster and lightswitch in sight, by force if necessary. Lyons decided that survival/safety of the wasteland people was more important than hoarding tech and was effectively given his walking papers by west coast BoS. Some shit happens after F3 and both Lyons die so the BoS gets Maxson as their new elder. He stops them from being the police and returns them to their dickish roots.
>>
>>318345067
>THEY'RE NOT HUMAN, THEY'RE MACHIIIIIIIINES.
As said by the Father himself.
>>
>>318346782
>supporting Hitler reborn.
Says a lot about you too.
>>
File: yo_1.jpg (113 KB, 400x606) Image search: [Google]
yo_1.jpg
113 KB, 400x606
>>318345067

Last I checked the BoS weren't the ones trying to wipe out the Commonwealth and then replace everyone with Synths which have no emotions (according to Shaun).

Last I checked it was the Institute who's so disconnected from humanity that they feel they need to control it, what makes them so sure the Synths won't rebel and then wipe them all out? ..... SKYNET.

BoS realized this and made the decision to destroy them because people abuse technology time after time.
>>
File: 1439789778153.jpg (31 KB, 584x582) Image search: [Google]
1439789778153.jpg
31 KB, 584x582
>>318347446
>species=races
>ghouls are people too!
>>
>>318347102
>>318347109
It just begs the question of why can't they literally do both?

As in still seek to have the people stay save, protect the lands for the greater good, while still trying to preserve lost technology?

Why do they HAVE to be dicks about it and kill everybody in the process. What they do is no different from what a raider does.
>>
File: 2shrekt.jpg (124 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
2shrekt.jpg
124 KB, 500x374
>>318347446
>supporting the destruction of humanity
>>
I think the Lone Wanderer should've lead the brotherhood.

>nearly immortal
>10 special across the board
>captain of a star ship
>has a house in megaton filled with several thousand pounds of weapons and armor
>has plans to harness the power of swamp hicks as shock troops
>would've been the father/big brother Maxson needed to keep from growing into an edgy cunt
>would've kept Sarah alive
>would've done everything right
what the fuck todd?
>>
>>318347743

Name 1 time where the BoS has fucked your shit over.
>>
>>318347743
Because moderation is an abomination in their eyes. No advanced tech whatsoever. BoS only looks out for BoS. Lyons saw reason. Would there have been infighting after the torch was passed from Lyons to Maxson? Absofuckinglutely. But you listen to the elder or you leave the brotherhood.
>>
They have liberty prime and power armor.You guys act like they're a hard faction to justify.
>>
>>318347743
That's exactly what Maxson believes he's doing
>>
>>318347639
>Ghouls are people too!
>Ghouls are people who survived the Nukes but elongated life! That must mean they all should die.

It's just as OP said about synths, not ALL Ghouls are total brain craving zombies. Some still have their sense for the living.
>>
File: 1429279709686.jpg (60 KB, 543x550) Image search: [Google]
1429279709686.jpg
60 KB, 543x550
>>318347893
>don't join up with them
>they constantly send vertibird death squads after you
>>
>>318348015
It's hard to get on board with killing all synths when you have 4 synth companions
>>
>>318348042
>make it clear you are an enormous threat to them
>be surprised they decide to fuck your shit up
>>
File: 1448855507487.png (685 B, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1448855507487.png
685 B, 220x220
I want a Fallout game where the antagonists are literal communists.
>>
>>318347743
>Why do they HAVE to be dicks about it and kill everybody in the process. What they do is no different from what a raider does.

This is truer to the original brotherhood, but now all the newfags are learning they've always been assholes.

Maxson probably went fundementalist after Lyons and Sarah died for people he never personally valued.
>>
>we gotta destroy all the synths, that kind of technology is what destroyed the world!!
>hey, we need some nukes can you go clear out that fort so we can have like 1000 nukes at our disposal?
>hey so our giant deathmachine is almost finished, all we need is more nukes, can you go get some even bigger nukes for us?
>>
>>318347893
rivet city
>>
>>318348161
>ask to join them
>send you to a radioactive crater for a bottle of armor wax
>>
Only Railroad want synths to control the world
Institute just made them for labor

its funny how the Railroad decide to kill their creator in their ending and effectively cut off the chance of any more new synth of being born
>>
>>318348206
Maxson's brotherhood is a combination of original brotherhood and Lyons. He's gone back to the original goal of protecting technology, but has dropped the tribal shit and is highly aggressive.
>>
>>318347893
In Fallout 1 they send you to the Glow to get rid of you and are surprised if you return with the tech they asked for.

In NV they put an explosive collar on you and make you potentially murder an innocent man just because you were both sniffing around their bunker.

Classic BoS are grade A dicks.
>>
>>318348027
If one day humanity meets another species with the same values and a similar way of living, are you planning to accept them as a part of your kind?
>>
>>318348027

All Ghouls /will/ go feral at some point though, it's just a question of when. You could argue the same for the Synths- you blend them in to look and act as human as possible, but some day there's going to be a malfunction or the like that makes another Diamond City happen.
>>
>>318348284
That is standard brotherhood behavior yes. They don't accept any random wasteland retard into their ranks so they send you off on what is clearly a suicide mission. If you do somehow manage to do it then you clearly are a cut above the rest and deserve proper consideration.
>>
File: Taking Jet.webm (3 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
Taking Jet.webm
3 MB, 1280x536
>>318348341
>tribal shit
what tribal shit?
They're even more insular now then before. They'll steal food and kill farmers without concern and only care about their own members. They're even more tribal?

>combination
What elements of Lyon's philosophy have been reserved?
>>
>>318348016
Nah, that's bullshit.

Maxson's case (along with BoS standards) compared to Lyons resolve is that he actual believes he can save the wastelands by killing everyone and perserving old technology so they can rule over people.

The difference is that they can do that, but not have a need to think EVERYTHING that's not with their cause is solely evil.
Take the railroads for example, why have the need to kill railroad members when they have REALLY, done nothing to you and they're only mindset is to help synths who are good. (Key phrase here, Synths that are GOOD). They even kill synths, but the difference is that they're all controlled by the Institute.

It just sounds like from a perspective, that they're mad they didn't come from it first, and automatically assume...With no attempt to establish contact or agreement, that everything that's not them are evil.
>>
File: 1376346440733.jpg (31 KB, 211x204) Image search: [Google]
1376346440733.jpg
31 KB, 211x204
>tfw Midwestern BOS never gets any recognition
>tfw Bethesda stole their blimps
>>
>>318347743
>why can't they literally do both?
But they don't go around killing everybody. They're only interested in establishing their own order by putting tech into the hands of people who respect it and use it responsibly. The people who don't are the same people who caused the world to fall into nuclear devastation.

The brotherhood literally did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1414357009392.jpg (30 KB, 304x304) Image search: [Google]
1414357009392.jpg
30 KB, 304x304
>>318348042

BoS have saved my life numerous times while on their patrols. There are times where i'm literally getting facefucked by mutants and raiders and ghouls all smashed together at an intersection, and out comes the BoS swooping down with their birds gunning them down.
>>
>>318348612
Yea thay wanted me to go and tell people to give up there food and shit
>>
>>318348534
That's good, it really is, but in Maxson I'm dissapointed that he didn't end up with Lyon's Benevolence and the west's pragmatism.

The brotherhood expanding into a government military that doesn't govern but hold major sway in the politics and protection of settlements would have show some development in the region.

Now, it's like nothing has changed. Less yellow mutants because they cant find FEV and no more enclave, but all the good you attempted to do in 3 meant nothing when in 1 and 2 you actually had a clear positive effect on the region.
>>
>>318348478
>If one day humanity meets another species with the same values and a similar way of living, are you planning to accept them as a part of your kind?

What that sounds like to me is:
>If humanity meets another species that does the same exact thing as what humanity does. They should die just because of this. Don't you agree?
>>
>>318348612
>They'll steal food and kill farmers without concern and only care about their own members.

No, that's what YOU did. They never said you had to wipe out the farmers, even if they said "by any means necessary". He didn't force you to do that.
>>
>>318348962
That's not strictly true, you gave the capitol wasteland clean water and an opportunity to actually rebuild and defeated the Enclave. Both things can only have had a net gain on the region even if you get no direct proof (and probably never will)
>>
>>318348642
tactics is basically retconned at this point
>>
>>318349060
And what would happen if a farmer got uppity and wouldn't be sweet talked or accept payment from the assholes in the sky?
>>
>>318345067
To be fair, there's still a chance that Danse could've been a double agent. While it was a low chance, Maxson couldn't take that chance
>>
>>318349129
Deacon has some random dialogue about wishing he was in the capitol wasteland because you can drink the water there.
>>
File: 1431552837422.jpg (113 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1431552837422.jpg
113 KB, 480x480
>>318349207

Then you WALK AWAY. These are side missions by a BoS merchant, these orders aren't coming directly from Maxson last I checked, it's not their top priority.
>>
File: peds.jpg (28 KB, 376x304) Image search: [Google]
peds.jpg
28 KB, 376x304
>>318348640
>With no attempt to establish contact or agreement, that everything that's not them are evil.

From my perspective, rivet city is evil
>>
>>318349059
No, the issue here is that you are trying to accept Ghouls as people. If they have a chance to hurt your kind, that's enough reason to eradicate them.
>>
>>318345067
axing the synths was fine, what was dumb was wanting to nuke the institute instead of securing the technology and figuring out which scientists could be safely integrated into the brotherhood. What a waste.
>>
>>318345067

Synths aren't sentient.

How is this such a hard concept to grasp. They're no more sentient than your computer. Do you think your computer have feelings? That the ATM machine feels abused you only use it for money? Consciousness isn't just something that pops up when you simulate it. It's as retarded as to think that your computer is going to fry because it may be wet when running a simulation to predict the weather for the next two days.
>>
>>318349309
But he just rolls over on his "all synths must die" mentality. Hell that uppity bitch in Covenant had more resolve than the leader of [probably] the strongest military faction that side of the continent.
>>
>>318348478
I plan to fuck the everloving shit out of their pussy analogues, or whatever passes for a meathole.
>>
File: bos.jpg (139 KB, 570x855) Image search: [Google]
bos.jpg
139 KB, 570x855
>all these blubbering vaginas ITT
>>
>>318349060
>They never said you had to wipe out the farmers
ok, come on. That's like when you're on campaign in Mount and Blade and the king sends you to go get some food. Sure, you could buy all their stock, but seeing the infamy score and actions of every other lord, it's obvious you're the odd one out and they wouldn't bat an eye if another lord let their peasants rape, pillage, and return with a few butter, bread, and olives.

>>318349129
In the end all that Mattered was getting the water going.

Chosen One and Dweller start cities that grow prosperous, the lone wanderers legacy can be replicated with a water purifier.
>>
File: il_570xN.549811331_j2t3.jpg (158 KB, 570x732) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.549811331_j2t3.jpg
158 KB, 570x732
>>318349696
>freedom
If liberty prime had advanced AI, it'd probably shoot down maxsons blimp without the institute's help.
>>
>>318349696
Are you implying bullying the weak defenseless masses with laser weapons and power armor to get what you want is manly?
>>
>>318348839
>Finally get tired with fucking around and head to concord to clear up the starter quest out of my log.
>roaming into town with power armor and a plasma gun, blasting faggot raiders.
>vertibird swoops in and drops off a couple of knights.
>raiders and deathclaw get manglefucked while I take a smoke break on the roof.
>>
>>318345067
>Nevermind that my most trusted Paladin in the whole group is a synth and has nothing but loyalty while never having the intentions of betraying the brotherhood, ALL SYNTHS ARE EVIL!
There no organized government in the commonwealth only because institute use synths to fuck up everyone who wants to create it(Fallout 4 was shit, but at least institute politics was less retarded than House one)
Why would he trust a synth?
>>
>>318349696
>Posting Lyons' BoS
>>
>>318349948
If you're not gonna serve the brotherhood then get the fuck out of our way.
>>
>>318350052
>less retarded than House one
House? You mean the guy that explains his thought process and doesn't lie to you?
>>
>>318350212
Yes, the guy who allowed NCR and Legion in his zone of interest
>>
>>318350052
House at least explains his motives to you instead of being a cloak and dagger faggot.
>>
>>318349935
lyons' battalion only survived because they didn't piss off the rest of the BoS enough to be dealt with then instead of later. Liberty Prime wouldn't stand a chance.
>>
>>318349519
This guy gets it
If I can pork it and it doesn't eat my organs afterwords, we're good.
>>
File: Fallout-4-Synth.jpg (100 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-4-Synth.jpg
100 KB, 950x534
>>318350147
Brotherhood? I'm SYNTH.
>>
>>318350327
Fighting a two front war with non upgraded security bots against a well armed standing army and a fanatical bunch of assholes in football pads. Ok.
>>
>>318345067
>Seeing how this is the same brotherhood of steel members from the Capital Wasteland.

I recall talking to the elder there back in fallout 3 and he says there was a falling out where half the members left. The elder back in Fallout 3 wanted to help and save the wastelanders while the ones who left didn't give a fuck about em. Also the same situation with the other brotherhood leaders away from the capital wasteland. In fact... most of the brotherhood soldiers left that help protect the people from supermutants are really recruits from the capital wasteland.

Well I guess within the Bortherhood... there are good people and then power hungry retards like Maxson.
>>
File: 1428339251640.jpg (23 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1428339251640.jpg
23 KB, 406x364
>>318350147
I'm getting flashbacks to when Fallout 3 came out and all the edgy teenagers thought the Enclave were reasonable patriots looking out for the best interests of American citizens.
>>
>>318350378
The way of Picard. If first contact isn't with your dick, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>318347872
I'm guessing they axed the Lone Wanderer because they didn't want to piss anyone off by giving him a canon ending. Although the existence of the Brotherhood and the lack of any mention of the L.W at all makes me think that Bethesda just made the original ending of the game canon, the one where you die of radiation even if you had a way to avoid it.
>>
>>318350327
Ah yes, the guy who is milking one dry while playing one against the other with his own forces on in the wings ready to strike.

I bet you think when it's STR>DEX when it's really WIS>INT>STR=DEX
>>
File: Fallout4.jpg (77 KB, 450x613) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4.jpg
77 KB, 450x613
>>318345067
>Why destroy something when you can really use it to your advantage?
That was the Brotherhoods attitude right up till 4
You know who had a all that does not come from us must be destroyed mind set?
The Enclave
>>
>>318350432
He could stop them before they came here
For legion it would be enough to assassinate Caesar, NCR is corrupt shithole so it wouldn't be a problem either

And explain me please, why the fact that House explained his motives makes his politics less retarded?
>>
>>318350147
The BoS gets fucked up by farmers. FARMERS.
>>
>>318350383

You are a big robot.
>>
>>318349390
>Let's kill a species that intentionally has no value or reason to harm regular beings who are just like them because they are differents

See, you say this, but we'll talking about GHOULS....Not Ferals. Even if they may end up being feral, the difference is that some Ghouls don't even like ferals. Why should that be the only reason Ghouls should be wiped out?
They survived, so they're punishment is that they should be eradicated?

Honestly mate, it's no different from the mentality of Hitler and his army.
>>
>>318350697
At least you understood why you were driving a golf club into his skull. The institute is all "do this for MUH SCIENCE!" "No time to explain, MUH SCIENCE!"
>>
>>318350508
>Also the same situation with the other brotherhood leaders away from the capital wasteland
No, it was only the east coast chapter that was divided. The rest of the BoS cut Lyons off. It was only half of HIS soldiers that defected and formed the outcasts.
>>
>>318345573
That was never there core values anon
There core values were to hide underground and horde tech
Like the institute
That's what's fuck up: a more military type Institute was the end goal dream of the Brotherhood By this brotherhood wants it all burn to the ground because "man was never ment to play gawd!" bullshit even though that's exactly what they are doing to the commonwealth.
>>
File: maxson.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxson.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
>>318350794
>>
>>318350660

>They're a terrorist group, basically. Militant, quasi-religious fanatics obsessed with hoarding Pre-War technology. Not all technology, mind you. You don't see them raiding hospitals to cart away Auto-Docs or armfuls of prosthetic organs. No, they greatly prefer the sort of technology that puts people in hospitals. Or graves, rather, since hospitals went the way of the Dodo.

Yup. That's how House described the Brotherhood. The BoS in 4 has even less in common with the brotherhood in fallout 3. They would've taken over the institute not blow it up.
>>
>>318345067
>Why did the Heir of the Maxson name whose bloodline founded the brotherhood, come lead a branch of the brotherhood who went rogue
well he probably got it naturally, brought back in the outcasts, put them in command positions, let the balance of power fix itself while still keeping the useful traditions of testing and taking in dirty wasters
>>
>>318348478
If they're friendly and willing to cooperate with us, why the fuck wouldn't I make some form of attempt to accept them? Because they're not me? I don't get your reasoning.
>>
What would have been really funny is if you found out Maxson was a synth. What would have happened then? Offed himself or decided that synths aren't so bad?
>>
>tech that BoS doesn't understand and can be manipulated against them as soldiers and spies

yeah m8, wonder why
>>
>>318350938
The Brotherhood do go out and find things, that's why there are on the east coast in the first place. They also roamed the Mojave and set up camp at helios one until the NCR kicked their asses and forced them underground
>>
>>318350697
>For legion it would be enough to assassinate Caesar
If he had an employee of the courier's quality and it was most prudent to do so, he might have. With his current supplies, he had to be a bit more shrewd.

>NCR is corrupt shithole so it wouldn't be a problem either
You don't slay a cow for shitting in the river. House took it over to a field and started planting flowers with it, feeding it, the milking it.
>>
>>318345067
We lost countless lives saving the wasteland from poor-quality water full of radiation. It might have cost us the functionality of a giant war robot that could have pretty much ended the Legion and let us conscript pretty much everyone into the BoS, or punch the Pitt in the Dick. It might have apparently cost us Elder Lyons and depending on when I'm saying this, my first waifu nanny Sarah, but it seems our carebear "let's actually help people instead of being army jews" philosophy is finally paying off.

>Hey BoS did you know you can purify water using a little concrete, a few screws, a bit of copper and a power generator?

>Moments later.

I also like to think of Maxson's negotiation to bring the Outcasts back into the fold went like this:

>Are you going to stop being sad sacks of shit?
>Yeah
>Alright we're back in.
>>
>>318351143
In Fallout 4's glorious quest styles you have:
two speech options that have him kill himself and put the Captain of the Pywed in charge. The captain would still have the kill them all MO and nothing would change short of who gave orders
two speech options that keep him in charge but he is still all "fuck the Railroad, Fuck the Institute" and the game goes on like you never discovered that plot twist.
>>
File: fallout-4-gun-crafting-guide.jpg (207 KB, 1671x935) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4-gun-crafting-guide.jpg
207 KB, 1671x935
>>318351143
He probably would have killed himself like danse. He truly believed his own bullshit. There was no debate in his mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87US9AXNMME

This one conversation has more substance than anything Shaun tells you.
>>
BoS Plan to save humanity in the Post-Apocalypse

>Acquire Technology
>Prevent anyone else having technology.
>????
>The world is saved.
>>
>>318351168
Pretty much this
Synths are just too dangerous to let them live
>>
>>318351312
A gorrillion water purifiers over one mega one that is already in the works. Hmm tough choice.
>>
>>318351221
When I said Hide I meant more like the Institute where they just don't give a fuck topside short of owning the best tech in the land.
>>
File: 1447120267811.png (581 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447120267811.png
581 KB, 1280x720
>>318345067
Is this the kid in the citadel from 3?
>>
>>318351495
But as easy as he rolled on Danse? That torture lady in Covenant had more strength than him.
>>
>>318347743

Brotherhood of Steel do not perceive synths as human, or self conscious beings. They solely consider them as technology gone rampant and used for a bad cause.

Your argument doesn't make any sense from their perspective when they do not consider them on the same level of humans. To them synths aren't any different from other technology, despite being very advanced as such. There is also the added belief that no other group in the waste should have access to more, or otherwise better technology than the Brotherhood.
>>
>>318351495
Oh samefag, man Obsidian was good at writing a lot of the time.
>>
>>318351480
Sarcastically wave a pistol in front of his face for him to take
Shoot him on the spot
Talk it out
Hate Newspapers
>>
>>318351168
By that logic they shouldn't use half the tech they have acquired over the years
>>
>>318351312
>army jews

>went from helping others to only helping themselves

Jews indeed.

>ended the Legion
irrelevant to any of the goals or near future plans of the brotherhood.

>let us conscript pretty much everyone into the BoS
They didn't need liberty prime for that. They didn't try.

>or punch the Pitt in the Dick
A smart person might attempt to take over an operational steel mill, cut the raider/slaver power, and some ammo production. The brotherhood isn't a smart person.

It's to much to even joke they had good ideas in mind.
>>
>>318351504
I don't think a toaster will bring about nuclear armageddon anon. Well, except for one, but he's in some science crater.
>>
>>318351554
10,000 easily built water purifiers that even the smallest community can set up themselves with LITERALLY no help from anyone and hardly anyone dying.

1 Purifier project that meant that most BoS members in Fallout 4 weren't members of the BoS in 3, because most of the ones in 3 are fucking deaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Also this isn't a discussion about the purifiers as much as demonstrating why the BoS might be very willing to make a 180 reactionary return from their previously more helpful and not-being-fucking-jews philosophy. If you want a different one there's the fact that Maxson's young and brash, the Institute is a genuinely capable threat that they need serious resources to counter, and the fact that Synth fakers are everywhere so better not let any of them have any of that dangerous tech that's actually inferior to their own existence.
>>
>>318351504
This. Saving technology for themselves is not saving the world as they so preach.

What would have doing that is essentially what they were doing in Fallout 3, ONLY TO also grab technology that may seem harmful.
>>
>>318351682
Life is easy when you let a book do your think for you.
>>
>>318351956
Danse's commander literally died storming that stupid airforce base thingy, and Dance was apparently a trader in rivet city and a scav for a while, so he is a knight by 3
>>
so would a new elder scrolls be a possibility next year or would it be a bit longer
>>
>>318351943
Yeah I appreciate that it was a far fetched joke to say the least, but a VERY smart BoS elder might have considered the Legion plan (assuming of course they even knew about the Legion, having any facility to re-establish contact with the west or not) Simply because of the same reasons the Pitt would have been a great place to take over: Resources and bodies.

I assume at some point the BoS will have to actually start trying to occupy territory rather than spray-paining "NO MUTANTS ALLOWED" on old concrete forts that seem to be specifically built for them and only them.

But this is fallout, so of course fucking not. It's going to be 3056 and everyone is still living in corrugated cardboard houses and curiously well built ruins.
>>
>>318352187
2 years probably
>>
>>318348027
>not ALL Ghouls are total brain craving zombies

Exactly. Some could even be classified as modern day saints because they not only want to completely make amends with regular humans and live side by side peacfully, they even want to find cures for their feral brethren, or at LEAST take them somewhere where they cant hurt anyone.

Wonder if Joshua or whatever his name was was able to make a home for them in the stars....
>>
>>318352119
Eh 10 years is decent time, kind of a cock slap since most paladins are grown ass men before they become knights. What's even more of a cock slap is becoming a knight in less than a day because you're useful.
>>
File: 1447533498027.jpg (4 MB, 3750x5000) Image search: [Google]
1447533498027.jpg
4 MB, 3750x5000
>>318345067
Fallout 4 factions
Brotherhood: Enclave 2.0
Institute: "we are evil because we are successful and work privately rather than in public, it's a commentary you see"
Railroad: Peta the Robot edition
Minutemen: the biggest bitches that will put up with anything
>>
>>318352308
They came back and helped people after NV, primm or novac I think. But, how would they land the space ship?
>>
>>318352345
He was a Knight by the seige of the final enclave base because he had his own squad moving for the common wealth by the time his commander died in broken steel, just one of those random fucking knights you see eat total shit, good job danse, real leader you had
>>
>>318352405
Correction! MinuteMAN as in you, just you and only you. You are the errand bitch, ahem I mean General.
>>
>>318352345
yeah that was fuck up.
Hell you could be a Paladin in as little as a week if you just push though the BoS quest line hard enough.
But again they have an ELDER that's exactly 20 years old so they are already fuck up in so many ways.
>>
>>318348478
Well, we did it with niggers and sand people, and look where we are now....
>>
This is what house says with the cut content restored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdEPn5FZAo8

I know, the uploader fucked up bad.
>>
NEVER 5GET TENPENNY TOWER!

WORSE THAN 911!
>>
>>318351661
Yes.

McCready and Madison Li are also in it
>>
ITT: Fallout3fags who only ever saw the cuddlyfluffbunnies that were the exiled BOS of the Capital Wasteland.

They were exiled for being shit at being BOS.

Now an actual BOS leader comes around, and all these little pussies are shaking in their boots, that their qt3.14waifufaction isnt actually a bunch of pussies anymore.

Get fucked, losers. This is the real BOS.
>>
>>318352308
The thing for me is that I literally don't see Ghouls as any different from humans, except its slightly easier to tell which ones you should immediately shoot on sight.

Hell, humans are worse, raiders don't have the excuse of rotting brains.
>>
>>318351661
Yes.
He's in his early 20s in Fallout 4
>>
>>318351753
>They solely consider them as technology gone rampant and used for a bad cause.
Clearly that's not the case for the synths that you have as companions, while also the many Synths the Railroads have helped out.

It's just like a ghouls argument. There's a MAJOR difference between a Ghoul, and a Feral Ghoul. There's a difference between a Synth, and Synth that is given orders.

Again, Not all Synths seek the destruction of humanity and just want to establish what free will is.

Curie for instance is a Mr. Handy, given life to into a synth. But as you see, her sole intention is NOTHING harmful but living her life as a "human" and studying science. Wow, that's so evil right?

Danse, Been the Brotherhood serving them for however long he was made into a synth, stayed loyal and helpful. He helped them get to the position that they are while even using The Sole Survivar help. Essentially, Danse isn't anymore different than a regular BoS soldier...Yet the only difference is that he's a synth...Oh no, that must instantly means he wants to kill us.

It also really begs the question of how the use of robots in this series is also questionable. Clearly the BoS use them as well...but they are ALSO a threat towards humanity. They're kept alive because they can be used as tools don't have free will? That's bullshit.
>>
>>318352631
>McCready
I just talked to him for the first time today and I had no idea it was that little shit from Little Lamplight. Now I can finally axe the fucker
>>
>>318352229
>But this is fallout, so of course fucking not. It's going to be 3056 and everyone is still living in corrugated cardboard houses and curiously well built ruins.
Betheda will never ever learn fallout is about the passage of time and politics since the fall of the bombs, not being mired in a 10 years after the bombs story.
>>
>>318352696
The difference between a ghoul and a feral ghoul is time, that's it.

Even if someone isn't feral, there is absolutely no way to know how long it is until they go feral.

Quarantine is the only option, if you want them alive.
>>
>>318350938
You're wrong, though.

The Brotherhood hoards tech because they fancy themselves the protectors of mankind from the dangers of technology. They always have, in every game except 3.

Which is exactly why they hate the Institute.

Don't say shit without knowing better.
>>
>>318345067
Maxson is son of Maxson
Who is the son of Maxson. Etc. This has been the same since Mariposa.
The question to ask is why the high elder is on the east coast
>>
>>318352469

Personally I think they landed somewhere in the middle of the Old Nuclear Test site and then just walked back. If they hit the right place they might have found the remains of one of the fake towns the US built to test the blast effects, so it could be a pretty sweet deal.
>>
File: 11292.jpg (184 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
11292.jpg
184 KB, 1200x800
>>318352787
>not paying him 200 cap pittance to make him toil at your farm in sanctuary

shit, the kids over at the raider camps got it better than that
>>
File: Sammy-L.jpg (29 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Sammy-L.jpg
29 KB, 600x400
>>318352787
>Who's the Mungo now, fucker?
>>
>>318352875
He was sent off by the west coast council IIRC to accompany Lyons and man up and get first hand experience of the BoS and how they operate.
>>
>>318352696

They do consider your companions the same case though, they just don't act on it because it would be a conflicting design choice. The brotherhood makes comments about you having Nick and Hancock with you, and they also spew hate against Hancock if you bring him with you to Diamond City.

This is a compromise or a design flaw of the game at best, it in no way shapes their already defined presumptions as evidenced by them calling you out if you actually do bring one of those companions with you.
>>
>Silver shroud quest
>Suddenly in a comic book game

pretty good
>>
>>318351312
It's not about being able to purify the water. It's about not needing to. It pretty well scrubbed a large portion of DC or radiation. Reminder that radiation is much different in fallout than in the real world as well. So basically in Fallout it will linger despite as stated in new vegas that a cave can purify it well enough to drink.
>>318351526
Once the Institute is dead I don't see any reason not to let synths who don't pretend to be human left alive. As well as special cases like Curie. Gen 1/2 synths must die no matter what. Gen 3, however are at least 95% human with some cybernetic brain attachments. Without the Institute influencing their actions they should be afforded the same social status as non-feral ghouls. Fuck coursers though. Kill em all.
>>318351953
The other appliances killed that toaster.
So what did the vault dwellers/courier get up to after the games anyway? They could easily have led any faction. Did they just keep heading into more dangerous parts of the wasteland? Or maybe someone started collecting them?
>>
>>318352646
Retard who isn't reading the thread. We know the east is different from the west, we're discussing their radical ideological flip and the reason behind refusing to getting a bit more settled and adapting while finding a bit of western pragmatism.

The South West BOS had their separation lead to a faction that developed into something else while the east simply becomes the west.
>>
>>318352945
"Hey MacReady, you got a pair of gloves on you?" No, why? "Too bad, that razorgrain isn't going to harvest itself."
>>
>>318352696
Miss Nancy, not Mister Handy.
>>
>>318352696
There is an undercurrent threat to humanity that a slightly less braindead writer would have made use out of. I was shocked when they didn't at least try to make this argument against Synths but then again writing is hard and who wants to pay for good writers?

Okay, so Synths aren't bad, inherently Ghouls aren't bad inherently, why hate them? Because there's a good chance that in the latter case we could all end up like them and in the former: There's a pretty good chance they could replace and wipe out humanity.

The BoS, for right or wrong are definitely invested in keeping humanity going in this crazy, mixed up world. Humanity. not Humans. Not sentient beings, the actual concept that makes people people. Ghouls escape this humanity through immortality and looking like shitcakes. Synths escape it by looking like a human but inherently not being human.

Imagine you're raised all your life being told that you exist as the weapon of Humanity to keep its existence going against a million trillion threats. You're introduced to a mechanical facisimilie that is immune to most of the threats against humanity, looks human (but isn't) and would have a pretty good chance of getting rid of us if it got big enough and decided it felt like reenacting the Matrix.

You'd probably go full retard crusade too. However, nobody in Bethesda bothered to explain the BoS standpoint beyond "HATE ROBOT".
>>
>>318353097
F3 Vault dweller is MIA after both Lyons died. As for NV, I'm pretty sure F4 pretends it doesnt exist except for one random obscure terminal entry.
>>
>>318352631
Also Dr. Zimmer is not in the game for some reason although he's referenced in Institute terminals as the head of SRB.

I guess it's because he can be dead although you'd think the institute would know that by now.
>>
>>318353182
>not modding in potatoes and a british flag
>not throwing cait in the field with him too
>not watching from the caste battlements with Codsworth pouring you a fresh cup of tea
>>
>>318353438
HATE MACREADY
>>
File: ishugddt.jpg (21 KB, 450x444) Image search: [Google]
ishugddt.jpg
21 KB, 450x444
>>318350938
BoS one and only goal is to protect the world from dangerous tech so the world doesn't destroy its self again.

4 fucked a lot up but BoS was written closer to 1/2's BoS
>>
>>318353387
Zimmer is still on a mission outside the commonwealth to capture priority synths
>>
>>318352875
The West Coast Brotherhood is fucked, the Eastern BoS is probably much stronger now.
>>
>>318352863
That's only fine, Quarantine them. Give them there own little place, let them live.

They don't HAVE to die because they're not the same as smooth skins.
>>
>>318353438
>What's on TV today, Codsworth?
>Zulu Dawn, mum.
>Zulu Dawn Marathon, 24/7/365
>>
>>318353438
Having Whitechapel Charlie there throwing rocks at them
>>
>>318353337
It's for the best that Bethesda completely ignores the proper fallout games honestly. Easier for obsidian to do proper plots when they don't have to write around how bethesda might handle the NCR or legion.
>>
>>318350697
>For legion it would be enough to assassinate Caesar
If you kill Caesar, he outright tells you you probably did more harm than good, and that the Legion will be out for vengeance in the name of their dead god. If anything, killing Caesar would just magnify Legion efforts towards completely undermining and destroying House. Vulpes and Lanius together would level New Vegas.
>>
>>318352863
>Don't say shit without knowing better.
says someone that has clearly never played Fallout 1 and 2
They send you to your death in Fallout one and see anyone not in the brotherhood as both a threat and something to be avoided
protectors of mankind bullshit you are trying to sell was somewhat in Tactics and everywhere in 3
>>
>>318353556
inb4 Zimmer is Courser.
>>
At least Toddthesda is going in the right direction.

I look forward to the not shit depiction of the BoS in 2-3 more games!
>>
>>318353727
Worse for New Vegas in the short term, but everyone and their dog says the Legion will collapse in short order after Caesar dies.
>>
>>318353727
>Lanius
>working with vulpes
The only reason Lanius hasn't killed Vulpes himself is because of Caesar. Wouldn't be surprised if Vulpes and most of the Frumentari just decided to fuck off in the event Lanius takes over.
>>
>>318353827
>WTB Canadian Brotherhood Chapter that very politely shoots you in the back of the head for your tech, then apologizes.
>>
>>318353694
Yeah, kinda sad, but heres to Fallout 5 by Obsidian.
>>
>>318353872
it will rip itself apart which if you know history, is worse for everyone nearby, the assasination of Julius fucked with the world
>>
>>318353541
>BoS was written closer to 1/2's BoS
How?
They would never be so open about that shit nor would they burn everything to the ground.
They would totally take over and keep making synths
>>
Ya see, the problem with synths is all it takes is a bit of a tinker and all their free will comes to naught because as machines, they can be reprogrammed to do anything.

You think you can trust something that can do that? Even a psychopath works within the boundaries of their free will, a synth can be the best friend you could ever have, then have programming activate and pull your spleen our your shithole with a coathanger while singing BINGO BANGO BONGO!

At least you'd half expect a Raider hyped up on more drugs than a frathouse to do that.
>>
>>318353729
>They send you to your death in Fallout one and see anyone not in the brotherhood as both a threat and something to be avoided
And in their ending they improved situation a lot
It's like you never played first 2 fallouts and just spout bullshit about evil brotherhood you saw in the NV threads
They are dicks, but not villains
>>318353872
Most of obsidian kids can only understand short term goals. This is why every villain in their game so talkative. They literally needs to be spoonfeeded
>>
>>318350521
If you look at the brotherhood in a "preserving the human race" light of view then it doesnt matter if its right or wrong. Getting rid of ghouls, supermutants, and the possiblity of self replicating machines is in the best interest of man. Anyone that joins with the brotherhood without the pragmatism that goes with it is Edge Enclave
>>
>>318353965
>how
go play 1-2

>they would just keep making synths

just like how they used FEV to keep making super mutants?

fucking retard.
>>
>>318353965
Because of Maxsons 20 year old "gotta prove myself shit" He went from Lyons' police patrols to full on storm nigger. Hell if he had asked the MC about the institute and some dialogue along the lines of "Oh, I'm the director of it now" then there wouldnt have been a problem.
>>
>>318353541
In F1 they send several people to there death and killed whole settlements taking their tech and making it look like raiders did it.
The elders made it clear that they saw the outside world as this nightmare scary place that can't be help
>>
>>318353337
>references the Mysterious Stranger in Shady Sands, the NCR, the Commonwealth, and the Capital Wasteland
>completely neglects to mention that he was in the Mojave
what the fuck
>>
>>318345067
>AI are friends

No, AIs are potentially autistic psychopathic world destroying machines. They'll bulldoze you, your family, and everything you ever loved or cared about if it means maximizing paper clip production for which they were programmed.

In fact the only reason you'd have any sympathy for them is precisely because of the result driven psychopathy of their prime directive, APPEAR as human as possible.
>>
>>318353961
>the assasination of Julius fucked with the world

>implying the senators weren't pigs fattened on the blood of Rome
>implying Caeser didn't do more while he was alive for the common man than half the senate in their entire lives
>implying based augustus didn't do the write thing when he made the senate impotent through kindness and appeasement then have them name him first citizen

im shaking my head at you to be honest laddie
>>
>>318348120
One of those companions is legit evil though
>>
File: Nguyen.jpg (31 KB, 370x268) Image search: [Google]
Nguyen.jpg
31 KB, 370x268
>>318354226
"Oh, I'm the director of it now"
>5 Minutes later
>>
>>318345067
He's butthurt the LW c ucked him with Sarah. That why the LW go struck from the codex and no one talks about him.
>>
>>318354315
Bethesda don't like no one stepping on their zany wasteland adventures turf.
>>
>>318352945
>>318352973
What are the fucking chances of this happening?
>within 20 seconds of each other
Is this some kind of inside joke that I'm not getting? I'm shaking.
>>
>>318353872
And House can't deal with a direct Legion onslaught. That's why he props up the NCR in the first place, he needs someone to keep the Legion at bay. Killing Caesar and telling the NCR to fuck off would damn the region, since the Legion would march in, raze the city, then disintegrate.
>>
>>318354315
I couldn't give two shits about mysterious stranger.

I give multiple shits about Imaginary Motorcycle Grenade Man.
>>
>>318354195
>go play 1-2
I have, have you?
>just like how they used FEV to keep making super mutants?
They had FEV strains anon
They were trying to find bio weapon ways to kill them.
>>
>>318348120
theres literally an entire town of people who hate all synths except for the one they like
>>
>>318353965
>They would never be so open about that shit nor would they burn everything to the ground.
As a group I could imagine them blowing up tech they didn't think needed to exist for anyone
A good elder would take the technology and cut synth production.
>>
>>318354461
I was shocked too, hivemind I guess.
>>
>>318348172
the anchorage dlc of f3
>>
>>318347872
>maxson likes sarah
>grew up listening to the lw plough her every night
it's probably half his fault to begin with
>>
>>318354402
True. The institute is all cloak and dagger for no goddamn reason. Just set up a link to the outside world and operate that way. But since no one knows anything about them Maxson wants to purge them all. Shit, why couldn't Dr. Li have told them about what they do there?
>>
>>318353234
There is a comment from maxxon that literally says this in the BoS line that you had to dig in conversation for. He mentions that machines with the ability to self replicate wouldnt be far fetched from the synths we see today and are unacceptable for the survival of man. I agree with your point that this should have been more in the forefront.

Everyone focuses on the confiscation of toasters and lightswitches so much and not the endgame of the BoS, which is the survival of the human race regardless of the cost. The BoS isnt right or wrong, they believe their actions will be justified by the result.
>>
>>318352945
>>318352973
>Jacksonmind
>>
>>318354053
>Synths can be reprogrammed to do anything
>They can be good, but some how in some way, they can be used for evil
Anon, that's literally no different than what humans are in this series. All it takes is a hit of Jet, or some manipulative way of meaning to convert somebody into doing something.
>>
>>318345067
Maxson and Kellog both feel like they are player characters in all honesty.

Maxson is the good karma PC and Kellog is the bad karma PC
>>
>>318354778
>literally no different

It's vastly different.
>>
>>318354664
That doesn't excuse his complete and total destruction of the Institute. I can understand them destroying Robotics and the SRB, but not Advanced Systems or the Biomech campus.
>>
>>318354634
>Dr.Li
>Gets all butthurt because BOS wants her to rebuild Liberty Prime.
>Goes to work for Institute who are literal bodysnatchers out to destroy human race.
>MFW you cant have her thrown in the gorilla tank.
>>
>>318354461
>>318354582

great minds think alike
>>
>>318354824
Maxson no, Kellogg yes. That's the whole point of the Kellogg memory thing
>>
File: FalloutLauncher-MCE.png (21 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
FalloutLauncher-MCE.png
21 KB, 256x256
>>318354824
>Maxson is the good karma PC
>literally kill everything that's not even a threat to us high powered tech heads.
kek
>>
>>318354849
no it isn't. If it was, you wouldn't ever bother arguing with people.
>>
>>318354315
>>completely neglects to mention that he was in the Mojave

F4 takes place like a year after NV. how would he know?
>>
>>318354342
thats what im saying, the world would have been better if Julius stayed in power, he was the first major world leader in history that seems to have cared for the lessers more then the highers, he also never became an anime girl, not that i wouldnt stick my dick so far in nero she would need her twin king arthur to take it out
>>
>>318354971
It takes place six years after NV.
>>
>>318354883
Yeah, even in 3 she was a total bitch, but she was a resource to the BoS, but nah lets not get schematics of the place or an inside scoop. Just build our robot. Still, Prime crushing the head of that behemoth was pretty sick.
>>
>>318354634
Because the entire plot was thrown together in such a ham fisted way.
none of it makes sense and none of it adds up because they all just deiced "hey you gotta choose"
what's truly funny is that these kinds of issues should have aroused in Skyrim and Oblivion but never did while in Fallout 4 the fact you are told you are becoming the Director should open doors to end all hostilities with all the groups but nope, they want you to kill everyone that's not them. Except the Minutemen who really should be the most against all three groups.
>>
File: 1448861204301.jpg (42 KB, 370x269) Image search: [Google]
1448861204301.jpg
42 KB, 370x269
>>318354402
ftfy
>>
>>318349153
One of the captains talks about them and half ass confirms their destruction.
>>
>>318345067
Synths are abominations though. Machines should never be allowed to believe they are human.
>>
>>318353965
the brotherhood on the east coast doesn't have to deal with the ncr or any powerful faction aside from the institute
>>
>>318354961
>no it isn't. If it was, you wouldn't ever bother arguing with people.
>you replied to me therefore you're wrong

That's completely absurd.
>>
>>318350558
You mean Kirk,, you uncultured PLEB.
>>
File: FlippantSneakyKinglet.webm (311 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
FlippantSneakyKinglet.webm
311 KB, 600x338
>defending Liberty Prime
>Maxson shows up in full power armor
>one hit him with Super Sledge
>his body disappears forever
>>
>>318354409
what happened to her anyway?
>>
>>318354596
>canon LW took the cyborg perk
>maxson has hated cyborgs, naturally hates synths, and only barely tolerates robots now

He also loses his shit when he hears this song. Reminds him too much of LW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arq-340mIUQ
>>
>>318355186
This game ugh, I'm having so much fun playing it, but the writing. Goddamnit why did I ever come here? I could have been blissfully ignorant of all this shit, ah well, heres to the next Fallout being Obsidian.
>>
>>318354869
I rationalized it as that level of technology was dangerous for anyone to have. He wanted to wipe self replicating robots and the technology to do so off of the map. Most of the institute tech was modeled in the direction of synth creation.
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-21 22-55-05-27.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-21 22-55-05-27.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>not equipping the populace with Enclave parts and blowing the prydwen the fuck up
MUTIES GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: POB.jpg (19 KB, 500x689) Image search: [Google]
POB.jpg
19 KB, 500x689
>>318345067
>he's a filthy synth sympathizer
>>
>>318350743
Swords to plowshares, and vice versa.
>>
>>318354973
I caught autism, skimmed your post, and thought you were suggesting the assassination of Gaius Big Dick Caeser (Julius) was good.
>>
File: Mungo.png (451 KB, 959x537) Image search: [Google]
Mungo.png
451 KB, 959x537
>>
>>318355408
MIA after both Lyons died.
>>
>>318355408
Became head of the EC BoS and then died in battle.
>>
>>318355537
what quest lets you destroy the brotherhood and the railroad?
>>
>>318355301
>the brotherhood on the east coast doesn't have to deal with the ncr
there was no NCR in fallout 1
They were secretive as fuck in fallout 1
>>
>>318345067
they ruined him with the haircut and his young age.
>>
>>318354596
>>318355413
>Maxson grew up looking up to Sarah
>Probably had a crush on her while he was a kid and she was a woman
>LW giving her deep dickings every night is probably in his mind somewhere
>>
>>318355537
>That fucking ship.
>Feel awesome sense of accomplishment as it lifts off ground.
>"Uh, hey guys, might want to turn..."
>"Sooner rather than later will help..."
>"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"
>>
File: The Waifu Age.png (3 MB, 1599x1001) Image search: [Google]
The Waifu Age.png
3 MB, 1599x1001
>>318355218
My Synth Waifu would do more for me than most of the people I come across in the game.

Junkies, psychopaths, morally bankrupt mercenaries...

Humans aren't so special.
>>
>>318355694
there were organized super mutants that followed the master in the first game
>>
Here's my idea for a fallout New York.
>But New York got hit by so many nukes it's completely gone!

Here's how I'd do it.
>New York was only MOSTLY destroyed.
>The enclave was turning Ellis Island into a secret base
>They got Vault-Tec and General Atomics as contractors for the general parts of the base and self defense capabilities with the goal of being completely self sufficient for OVER it's max occupancy limit.
>Have materials/technology transported from Area 51 to turn the Island into a short range mobile station like some sort of super Prydwen, but not nearly as able to travel at the same speed as the dirigible.
>Lady Liberty turned into an anti-missile platform/beacon but incomplete and waiting on more materials/software from the French who were taking it by ship to the US.
Now for the area itself and the people.
>Ellis Island is of course Enclave
>Lady Liberty could only take down a small number of missiles and the upper parts of New York got nuked. Several landed just off shore and made a small tidal wave where the irradiated water flooded the metro system.
>The French Fleet arrived after decades suffering through several battles. The commanding ship of the fleet suffered a core breach and the entire ship of that crew were turned into ghouls. Most of the other ships were safe. After arrival, the enclave attempted to kill them for being ghouls. They said fuck you, broke into the metro system, then broke into the sewer systems to drain the flooded areas and fortified them with what they could take from their ships.
>There was a guy in New York who bank rolled a lot of Vault-Tec stuff. His price was his own personal vault with ALL the best stuff beneath his business tower. On the day the nukes dropped he took in as many people as he could. Once some of the radiation cleared he opened his vault and attempted to retake the city.
>Combination of several other groups who survived formed a sort of government and try to make do.
>>
>>318345067
you're a little shit you know that?
>>
>>318355832
Only if Lady Liberty is transformed into a literal rocketship, and fired into space.
>>
>>318355784
A sex machine is not the same thing as a human.
>>
>>318355949
nah dude she's gotta be like, liberty prime 2.0 with a sexy lady voice and a massive flamethrower that comes from the torch
>>
>>318355080

Still, That's a really short time
>>
>>318355784
I love how they made Eve ugly on purpose to reflect the fact that she's one of the first synth which is supposed to look like humans
>>
>>318355832
oh and one last thing.
>those last 3 groups are all "gangs". All are actual factions distinct from raiders.

>>318355949
She's much larger than Liberty Prime so I couldn't justify making her too functional other than anti missile defense and maybe a laser from her torch.
>>
>>318355784
https://vimeo.com/12915013
>>
>>318355746
Scratch what I said earlier. The Lone Wanderer had an enormous effect on this game's story.

To this day, Maxson wakes up in a cold sweat after a dream where a Winterized t-51b armored man scoops Sarah off her feet, plants a kiss on her lips, turns back, and winks at young maxson.

It's probably canon the the LW stole his Grognak the Barbarian comic book in his room too.
>>
File: 622Vomit.jpg (63 KB, 336x436) Image search: [Google]
622Vomit.jpg
63 KB, 336x436
>mfw someone puts 10 in any special from the start
Holy shit nigga, haven't you heard of bobbleheads and equipment with bonus stats?
>>
>>318355812
I am so sick at you retards that just spew bullshit without even playing the games
Or hell you don't even try to fact check anything
>It was from the Vault-Dweller that the Brotherhood subsequently learned of the Master's mutant army and its plans to forcibly convert the surviving human population into Super Mutants.

They knew jack shit about the Supers short of losing a patrol to a mysterious force before the MC came along
and hell they argued if they should really even get involved, they were debating about just letting the mutants do their shit while they did theirs

fuck man why does it seem the Fallout threads bring out the dumbest people here.
>>
>>318345067
>I mean, it's fine he doesn't like synths, but destroying every single one as if they're ALL evil is dumb as fuck.

That's exactly what a filthy synth would say. Why don't you go liberate some vacuum cleaners instead of shitposting on /v/?

>>318346782
Underrated post.
>>
File: uguu.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
uguu.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
>>318356216
>look at me I'm a min-maxing faggot
>>
>be in Sanctuary
>Synths suddenly attacking my settlers
>I just came back from the institute
>I'm all good with them so the Synths aren't hostile to me

What the fuck Shaun
>>
>>318356216
Legendary leather leg of charisma. Maximum DT of 3. That +1 Charisma sure is worth sacrificing like 20 dt.
>>
>>318356186
>Implying that LW isn't Mean Joe Green, and Maxson isn't the kid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xffOCZYX6F8
>Coke is Nuka Cola
>Towel is used condom, just used to fuck Sarah Lyons
>>
>>318356216
Im lost why you want max in any of them
Seems the best perks stop at 6 in any talent and the level ten ones are not good.
Some can be fun but they are not good talents to invest in.
>>
>>318356186
>Maxson finally is old enough to wear Power Armor like a real man of the Brotherhood
>He can finally impress Sarah who he's looked up to for so long
>A 10 in everything Vault Dweller comes in the most pristeen T-51B power armor in comparison to his inferior T-45d and snatch his love away
MAXSON CONFIRMED KEK
>>
>>318356359
Happened to me at The Castle. Also, apparently some settlers are synths and that will stop you from getting 100% happiness. Seriously Shaun? Fuck off trying to overthrow my shit. Keep your sleeper agents away.
>>
>>318356461
>Nuclear Physicist says hello.
>>
>>318355976
>sex machine
I said waifu, not sex machine.

>>318356137
My responsibilities are for the minutemen and other synths to take care of now. By the end of the game I did enough things for enough people for a life time.
>>
File: 1448671657952.png (457 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448671657952.png
457 KB, 500x500
>>318345067
Completely unrelated, but what ethnicity do you guys think Maxson and Danse are? They both look immensely middle eastern to me.
>>
>>318354520
Did you even play the game? He gets a pass because he is obviously not a human. It's the same reason they don't get mad at the robots.
>>
>>318356430
Sarah's room is next to Maxsons. Every night he has to force himself to sleep while he hears the pounding in the next room as bits of sheetrock fall from the ceiling on his face.
>>
>>318356510
>brotherhood exclusively uses t-60 now
this lore is so deep
>>
>>318356216
It doesn't matter in FO4, you can go way beyong 10
>>
here's the BoS in a nutshell:

initially, on the west coast:
>incredibly insular, no recruiting from wasteland
>arrogant hoarding of technology

post FO1:
>Master's defeat creates power vacuum for the BoS
>as the NCR expands, a faction within the brotherhood argues that the only way to properly rebuild the Old World and stop NCR supremacy is through recruiting wastelanders and sharing technology
>West Coast elders send this dissident faction eastward to crush super mutant remnants
>Midwest BoS forms when they crash land in Midwest US and form their own power base (current status unknown)

post FO2:
>West Coast BoS refuse to admit their founding principles are absolutely shit
>eventually wage war with peaceful, Vault Dweller approved NCR
>despite superior tech, they get their shit kicked in for the most part and begin losing power and holdings
>Second detachment BoS chapter desperately sent eastwards to find Midwest BoS, accidentally reach Pittsburgh instead
>once again, this isolated chapter similarly deviates from shitty West Coast values

post Tactics:
>Under the Warrior's guidance, the Midwest BoS dominate midwestern US with benevolent/traditional rule (good or bad canon in dispute)

post FO3:
>Lone Wanderer transforms East Coast BoS into a successful and good natured force (just like the Warrior does with the Midwest BoS)
>However this turns out to be all for nothing when the Lyon dynasty dies out
>East Cost BoS once more becomes the underling of the decrepit West Coast, resuming their old shitty values pretty much out of nostalgia when another Maxson takes power

post New Vegas:
>McNamara's Mojave BoS is already sick of the failed Lost Hills elder's shit especially after Elijah turns out to be a massive asshole
>Under the Courier's guidance the Mojave chapter reaches a joint truce with the NCR and Independent New Vegas (hopefully canon)
>this effectively severs them from the absolute shit West Coast/Lost Hills BoS
>>
>>318354195
>just like how they used FEV to keep making super mutants?
anon they had Super mutant cadavers at their base and were testing the FEV on vermin such as mole rats.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.