[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you completed this game relying on nothing but your brain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1448794952753.jpg (1 MB, 1650x2024) Image search: [Google]
1448794952753.jpg
1 MB, 1650x2024
>playing for 1st time and gotta say sometimes I check some videos out.
Also, what are some essential click n' point games driven mostly by its amazing storyline and character design? LucasArt or not, I don't care. Good evening, /v/.
>>
God no. Any puzzle I figured out was all by luck except for a few really obvious ones. Looking back at the solutions a lot of them make sense in hindsight but they all take such bizarre leaps of logic to get there.
>>
>>318338538
>Looking back at the solutions a lot of them make sense in hindsight but they all take such bizarre leaps of logic to get there.
exactly like that
>>
>>318338397
well, there are a bunch.

try blackwells, deponias, monkey islands for starters
>>
File: ss-026.jpg (394 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ss-026.jpg
394 KB, 1920x1080
Yes a thread about one of my favorite genres! I just started Grim Fandango for the first time too. I absolutely loved Chains of Satinaiv and Memoria from the Dark Eye series. Primordia is great too.
>>
>>318338538
this is why point and clicks died
>>
>>318338397
As far as modern adventure games, you can't go wrong with most games published or developed by Wadjet Eye. Gemini Rue and Primordia are top tier. Daedalic is really hit or miss, and several years in, and they still haven't gotten someone with a better grasp on English to do localizations. Old Telltale made really mediocre adventure games that only got a pass for being based on beloved properties, and modern Telltale doesn't make adventure games.
>>
>>318339710

definitely partially the reason. Newer games often come with hint systems integrated within, though. Makes the games more bearable, since you don't have to go gamefagging.

>>318339569
yeah, dark eyes were pretty nice ones as well.

>>318339935
telltale was quite shit at adventure games indeed. I did play back to the future series, but it has quite a sour taste to it.
>>
>>318338397
No. I needed help I think 5 times.
>>
Chapter 2 was clearly great, but so much of the rest of the game had puzzles that you'd solve by just trying things rather than figuring out the logic beforehand.

I felt pretty proud when I figured out how to get out of the prison in chapter 3.
>>
>>318341823
whatcha talking about willis?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.