[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
20XX Megaman X roguelite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 2015-11-29_00002.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-29_00002.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
Anyone else play this? It's pretty good and has online coop. I just wish more people would play it so I don't have to wait forever in the lobby.

It's like Megaman X mixed with roguelite elements like binding of Isaac (random drops and levels)
>>
Tell me more.
Are there persistent upgrades?
How deep do things go?
How's the entire weapons from bosses thing work?
Platform?
I've never heard of this before.
>>
>>318326368
>early acess
So how finished is it and realistically how long before its done? I dont feel like paying for it unless its good but i do look the look of it.

Heres a link for the lazy
http://store.steampowered.com/app/322110/
its on sale 25% off right now
>>
It's good, I have 19 hours in it but I find it hard to play it anymore. I used to go for the daily speedrun but I think I've beat the poor guy out of replay value.

That being said it's a great tribute to MMX games and should be purchased instead of Mighty No 9.
>>
>mixed with roguelite elements like binding of Isaac (random drops and levels)

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>318327043
I mean that's the end of the post. That's a good place to stop reading.
>>
welp, time to buy it I guess
>>
>>318326726
Item pickups randomly spawn and give you boosts (like enemies drop more health) and last for a single run.
Also, it's got local and online co-op where you either get to play as not-X or not-Zero
You get one life for a single run to beat all 8 bosses or whatever.
After you kill a boss you get to choose to take it's weapon, some currency to unlock more powerups (some powerups don't spawn in a run until you unlock them at the base shop), or some other random powerup.
You get to store 3 powerups at a time that are assigned to left trigger, left bumper, or the y button.
>>
>>318326726
You always start with no abilities, over multiple runs you unlock new items which can be found, but you don't start with them.

There are 8 levels with 8 bosses and right now that's the entire game, there are no Wily/Sigma stages or anything like that. It's still early access though. There is an endless mode where you can keep playing past 8 levels until you're stupidly overpowered.

After you beat a boss, you have a choice of 10 nuts (currency to buy upgrades), the boss weapon, and a random upgrade. You have three slots you can put boss weapons, so you can't use all 8 at once but you can use your favorite boss weapons, or none at all.

PC

Pretty fun, if you're a diehard Mega Man X fan I'd highly recommend it, if not I'd wait until it's out of Early Access but it's still fun.
>>
>>318326368
It's alright, but it feels kind of "meh", once you get all the upgrades purchased at base. Ace/Zero is too weak compared to Nina/X, compared to how much damage you can pump out at range.

Never could get the netplay to work with it, and never had any friends for it, so it served to scratch my itch for an X style game with what they present in the singleplayer.

>>318326876

>Are there persistent upgrades?
Not really. They added in a recent "Easy Mode", which lets you preset what upgrades you have unlocked at base to start out with, if you're into that kind of thing.
>How deep do things go?
They got some modifiers that you can induce, like instant kill from spikes / lava ala real MM games, or no health drops and the like to spruce up your own challenge. Unless you meant upgrades, then you can get broken to God Mode by the end of a full run, if you get lucky with the items the game gives you.
>How's the entire weapons from bosses thing work?
Beat a boss, and you get a choice to take their signature move, which acts as a weakness to another boss. Or you could opt out of their weapon, since you can only hold 3 at a time, and get an upgrade item, which is randomized on what loads in after beating the boss.
>Platform?
Steam

>>318326876
They're getting close to the end, as this has been out for awhile. They update it every two weeks, and the title screen has a countdown timer for next update, so they actually do decent with it. I recall them stating that the final price was going to be $15, and they've slowly raised the price up as it has become more polished. Also helped that it got a name change from "Legends of Eridu", if I recall correctly, to the much more blatantly obvious "20XX", which people will actually understand what it is trying to be.
>>
>>318326876
YOU ARE THE REASON PEOPLE PAY FOR
UNFINISHED GAMES AND GET MAD WHEN THEY TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN...STOP THIS YOU ARE A TOXIN TO THIS COMMUNITY.
>>
>>318328129
*poops on u*
>>
>>318326876
u're postin the wrong links famalam
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5f7b5459babd92fe9cd3df82ea2e15e1f5d8582d&dn=20XX.v0.80b.zip
a few builds behind but hey
>>
>>318328129
>YOU ARE THE REASON PEOPLE PAY FOR
UNFINISHED GAMES
Are you retarded? i literally asked how finished the game was so i knew before making my decision about buying it.

neo /v/ has so many sonyponies shitting up every thread its embarrassing>>318328568
>u're postin the wrong links famalam
its like 9 bucks, the game look decent, im not gonna pirate it if it deserves money. I only pirate games from compaines like EA or ubisoft which dont deserve a single dollar
>>
>Steam won't let me use Paypal anymore because Chile

well fuck you too Gabe
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.