[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What´s your opinion for Star Wars : Battlefront ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 5132x3750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 5132x3750
I'm not a fan of Star Wars but despite that , this game looks great.
>>
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>318320242
Yeah, it LOOKS great, but it really doesn't have much gameplay to go with those great looks
>>
The game looks great but is shit
>>
File: BFront II.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
BFront II.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>original
>dedicated spawns (and only if that point is captured)
>classes have defined loadouts, inhibiting range and other counters in to a single playstyle per
>stamina system
>a roll; there's more than just standing there, and there's depth to getting instigated from behind
>jetpack "stamina" (fuel) that recharges only on the ground; can be conserved in-air by toggling
>air vehicle rolls and boost on a stamina system (4 speeds altogether)
>off-rails AT-AT
>multi-character ships

>remake
>squad spawns, undermining strategy and tactical awareness by allowing spawning anywhere
>no classes; every character can take some combination of unlimited grenades (x2), a sniper, a jetpack, a shield, plus their ordinary loadout; thus, every character can have any range or any playstyle
>no roll; gunplay is just staring at each other unless you have a shield or jetpack; instigating from behind is basically a guaranteed engagement win
>jetpack is like injection nitrous; it's on, then on CD (no conservation)
>air vehicles can only roll and boost on card CD as well
>on-rails AT-AT
>etc.

BfrontII is still the better game without contest. BfrontII has better movements, shooting, maps, OPTIONS for how to go about battles, more heroes, the much needed ability to remove heroes from the map, better balancing thanks to each faction having a solid counter-vehicle to each other, and along with having classes comes seeing more variety in troopers. Not all EU shit either, but imperial gunners, scouts, jump troopers, and commanders are all there.

All the new Bfront offers are touched up visuals and.... air battles? I guess? It's really just an extension of ace combat horizon anyway, which was an awful game.

No roll, no buy.
>>
All style and no substance.
It looks nice but the game just feels really boring to play, or at least that's how it was when I played the beta. I don't know how it is in live since I wasn't interested in it enough to get it.
>>
Ty U ! I made my choice :)
>>
It's shit.
Nice graphics though.
>>
File: 1448109415806.jpg (51 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
1448109415806.jpg
51 KB, 400x323
I actually liked the beta. I heard the game only comes with like 4 maps though? I seen the season pass was nearly the same price as the game so fuck those EA jews. Here in Canada the game is $89.99 I think. There's no way of justifying a 4 map multiplayer only game for that price
>>
>>318320242
I bought every edition there was possible and am going to show them off at the release of episode 7. Already bought like 8 tickets also.
>>
>>318321678
Thats exactly how I felt.

>play beta
>ganeplay is fun at least
>"beta" is bear bones for a "beta" but didnt think much of it
>didnt think the beta was actually so closely related to the game content wise.
>>
>>318320678
>Muh roll
>>
>>318322083
>>Muh roll
/r/ing the "muh x" comic
>>
File: 60c.png (148 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
60c.png
148 KB, 600x600
>>318322721
>>
>>318320242
>his game looks great.
And unfortunately that's all it has going for it

Actually scratch that, the sound design is great too.
>>
>>318320242
It's good for graphics and sound effects
Gameplay is pure shit as it's the one of the most unbalanced online games i've seen till now

You will either stomp noobs like there's no tomorrow or get farmed day and night.
>>
>>318320242
its a 110$ game so i mean if your willing they're willing
>>
For $ 110 , it is better to eat at the restaurant that playing this game is shit!
>>
>>318320242
Frankly? I love it! and I will play my ass out until SWVII.
>>
>>318320242
Has potential to be better than the first two, if it took out everything that was worthless(emotes, awful character customization, fucking diorama) and spent that time and a bit more that doesn't cost a additional $50 on actual fun things. Things like vehicles, weapons, classes, better a more maps, and pretty much required gameplay balancing it would be the GOTY no doubt.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Malmvi6GwDA
>>
So after binging on it to grind for exp

>Star Card charges doesn't replenish after each battle, arbitrary grind to replenish it
>Random spawning instead of choosing which command post to spawn
>terrible balance, no land vehicle option for rebels, that final weapon you unlock is clearly superior to ever other weapon
>>
>>318326112
The gunplay is garbo.
>>
People keep calling it a reskinned Battlefield but that's too much of a compliment.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.