[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UNCHARTED DISCUSSION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
This Black Friday I bought the PS4 Uncharted Bundle. I just finished the first one today and just wanted to say how great it was. It was like playing an Indiana Jones movie and the shoot-'em-up gameplay is fun and doesn't try to hard.

What does /V/ think about Uncharted?
>>
>>318312407
>/V/

here's your reply pkuck
>>
>>318312690
Oh boo hoo I'm new.
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (37 KB, 426x341) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
37 KB, 426x341
>Chloe's ass
>>
I've had The Nathan Drake Collection since it came out and haven't played it yet.

Thinking about starting it in a few minutes here actually.
>>
>>318312407
The first is the worst one. If you liked it you'll love the other two.
>>
>>318313259
Do you mean its bad or just not as good comparatively?

Big dicks in your ass are bad for your health
>>
>>318313407

Lol wrong copy disregard the last part
>>
They're good games, not as great as fanboys would say and not as terrible as most of /v/ would want you to believe.
>>
>>318312979
Quit after 2 or youre gonna have a bad time
>>
>>318313620
This. They're good, but they aren't "THE BEST GAMES EVER JESUS CHRIST HOLY SHIT".

/v/ bashes them to hell and back because they're first party Sony titles.
>>
>>318313689
Why do people say this? What's wrong with 3?
>>
>>318313886
3 is a copy paste of 2 with a really bad story. The entire ending of 2 is just recycled in 3.
>>
>>318314056
Its not bad its just too short. The second one had so much to it and the mythical item in question was cooler.
>>
Uncharted is a movie game in the best possible way. The core gameplay is mediocre, above average at best, but the story and well done characters make it an enjoyable experience. 2 is the peak of the series but 1 and 3 are also pretty good.

It's unfortunate that there's no MP in the remaster, the MP in 2 was unironically the most enjoyable online experience of last gen
>>
>>318312407
>It was like playing an Indiana Jones movie
Except Jones was a likeable everyman, instead of a smug, self-righteous fuckwit.
>>
How many people did Drake kill again?
>>
>>318312853
Dude they made it look smaller mang
>>
>>318313620
>>318313780
>>318314482

So far into Drake's Fortune this is right on the mark. If you're into this kind of thing and aren't triggered by a more scripted, cinematic experience (yeah I used that unironically), you'll have a lot of fun. They are fucking movie games, I don't even say that as a derogatory, I enjoy a good cinematic game every once in a while to break up the more involved shit.

Uncharted is a lot of fun if you aren't dug into the /v/ board culture so far that you impose it on reality. If you enjoy it you should take TLOU for a spin. I'm serious, play the most demonized game on /v/ (Undertale might have that title now though), form your own opinion. Yes, it is a linear, character driven story like Uncharted. Accept that instead of automatically hating it because /v/ said so and you'll probably enjoy it too. The multiplayer is particularly great, I've been playing it for two goddamned years and I'm about to start playing it Remastered.
>>
>>318314810
>Indiana Jones was an everyman

No he wasnt what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>318312407
I've been on /v/ forever. I personally really like the games, especially Among Thieves. /v/ as a whole seems to hate it most days. Once the reviews were in for the second game /v/ turned on the series hard as hell. Just like they hated Max Payne 3. We only just started getting positive threads about that game in the past few months. Uncharted is fun and the characters are easy to like. You should leave this thread soon though. Some asshole will spoil the games for you very quickly. It's going to be another ten years before you can have a decent thread about these games. I'll be waiting.
>>
>>318315189
Jones was a college professor. Not exactly blue-collar work, but it's not like he sleeps on a bed made of diamonds and cash.
>>
>>318313886
First of all it fucks with the canon hard, and second the gunplay is much worse than Among Thieves. It was built around set pieces, which are admittedly nice, but the story suffers hard without Druckmann.
>>
>>318315165
I'm a /pol/ troll and I'm not inundated with the autism on this board so don't worry. I agree with everything you said. Great game, lots of fun. The contrarianism I've seen on this board on my first day here is astounding. It's all people talking about ridiculously boring jap rpgs or other autismally abysmally boring games.

I like normie shit. I like cod I like uncharted. Sue me.
>>
>>318315498

The fact that he's even proficient at using guns and his whip in combat like it's nothing shows that he's done that sort of thing for a long time.
>>
>>318314810
What the fuck? Jones is an everyman? In what fucking way? And Jones is smug as fuck as well. Did you see the same movies that I saw?
>>
File: image.png (214 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.png
214 KB, 384x384
>>318313407
If you enjoyed the first one, you'll love the second.

Controls and animations were improved, it's longer, more varied enviroments, combat was less tedious (barely any rooms in which 4 waves of guys come in, it's usually 1 wave then move to another room).

3 is a mixed bag, it does some stuff well but fails in other areas. Most people rank them 2>3>1, but much like Crash I prefer 2>1>3, because I don't mind the datedness of the original, but I dislike the pacing issues of the third.

Uncharted 2 is legitimantky one of my favourite games ever. It was my first 7th gen game, which probably has something to do with it, but everything about it was just awe inspiring, and IMO the pacing of the story and gameplay is perfect, and unlike a lot of games it keeps getting better as it goes, the final area is the best, and it's reveal is one of my favourite moments in a game.

I've beaten it 10+ times, and put 400 hours into the multiplayer.

Also, I like that Uncharted is one of the few AAA games that still has cheats and unlockable skins, pic related is patrition choice.
>>
>>318315842
Shit, how silly of me. I forget that normal people can't be good at things.
>>
>>318315971
>What the fuck? Jones is an everyman? In what fucking way?
In that he's a white, middle class American between the ages of 20-40. Do you even Classic Hollywood formula, anon?
>>
>>318316057
>tfw no donut drake in uc3

literally character of the year
>>
I like it. But I'm not autistic like most of this board
>>
>>318315724
It's real autism. The clinical kind. They find something they can really get into, and then that's their thing, that they like, and they won't like anything else.

They can't grasp that a non-autist will probably like a variety of things, from AAA fluff to weeb shit. Shit I love me some weeb shit, but that isn't all I play. I recently purchased the most normie combo possible -a PS4 and Destiny- and I've been having a lot of fun with muh friends. I can see some of the gripes with the game, but in general, this is some pretty good normie shit.

My online bros want me to get BLOPS III to play with them and I think I'll oblige. I just don't want to shell out for a shitty season pass so I might not.
>>
>>318316317
That can use a fucking bullwhip to open a jar of pickles, and fall a thousand feet over a water fall in a rubber raft, and survive for incredibly long intervals under water. I'm pretty sure none of the average joes in my neighborhood could even do one of those things.
>>
File: uncharted-donut-nate.jpg (94 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
uncharted-donut-nate.jpg
94 KB, 800x450
>>318316398
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu8x42R4PCs

you know how hard ppl would be triggerd by that vid nowadays ? muh fat shaming

probably why they let him out
>>
>>318316952
Opening a pickle jar? I don't remember this.
>>
>>318316719
Agreed. It's nice to like what you like but the people on this board are fascists who want to shame someone for liking something they don't.

Whats the deal with the season pass? I was going to buy BLOPS 3 to just play online but do you have to pay to play? Along with paying for PSN+?
>>
Why do people say that Drake is a sociopath? He doesn't want to kill anybody. He is forced to, cause otherwise he'd be killed.
>>
>>318317527
The full Season Pass bundle is like $80 or some shit, it's not worth it for me since to enjoy the game later you'll HAVE to keep up with the DLC since everyone will move onto it and you'll be stuck with a small, shitty player pool if you don't. It's a shame because the game seems fun, but the DLC monster kind of ruins it for me.

And PS+ is required to play online. I was already paying for it since it got me a ton of free shit on PS3 so it isn't an issue on my end, but it might be for someone else.
>>
File: 1404597306881.jpg (68 KB, 281x440) Image search: [Google]
1404597306881.jpg
68 KB, 281x440
>>318312407
>I just finished the first one today and just wanted to say how great it was
that's nice and all, but what are you doing when you could be playing the 2nd one, which is better in every single aspect?
>>
>>318317834
It started as a joke and /v/ took it seriously. It is pretty hilarious, how this archaeologist/thief is turned into a one man slaughter house by gameplay demands.
>>
File: 1444238285997.jpg (5 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
1444238285997.jpg
5 KB, 251x201
>>318317145
>dat fat nate runing
my fucking sides
>>
>>318316398
Doughnut Drake was in multiplayer, he was just super hard to unlock.

They even added Doughnut Sully, Elena and Chloe.
>>
>>318317892
I'm okay with the 50 bucks a year. I'm okay with paying for the pass. But damnit I don't like it. I work in securities so I understand a company wants to make as much money as possible but the DLC and freemium gaming shit has gone too far. Fucking micro transactions.

It's 60$ for a damn game and they want more. Even though a call of duty game can be made for 50 million and make a billion easy its just not enough. Most of these game companies aren't even publicly traded why do they act as if they won't make earning estimates and so they have to be kikey to avoid a stock drop. It makes me fed up.
>>
>>318316952
You're an idiot.

Why is it always the people who have no fucking clue what they're talking about that always try to start shit?
>>
Does anyone else get dreamy while playing these games? As in, you'd give anything to be like Nate. It got me thinking: are there people like him in the real world? This guy is literally living my dream life.
>>
>>318318995
Autism.
>>
>>318312407
I really hate it. The platforming is utterly mindless and requires no real timing or precision, and the combat is generic cover shooter tripe that somehow manages to be even more slow paced and uninteresting than your standard cover shooting trip.

It has fun characters and good production value but holy shit the gameplay is so boring that its popularity is utterly mind boggling to me
>>
>>318318008
Uncharted 2 actually raised the question. The villain accuses drake of being a mass murderer. Thanks, druckman!
>>
I got it on Friday mainly because I wanted a singleplayer, shortish, linear game after playing Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV, The Witcher 3 and (in a few weeks time), Xenoblade.

From what I've played Uncharted is filling the 'hole' that Platinum games usually fill, just without the replayability and depth.
>>
I like all the Uncharted games as well as The Last of Us.

Never understood everything about Uncharted being a movie game. Heavy Rain is a movie game. Walking Dead is a movie game. Uncharted is an environmental shooter with cutscenes.
>>
>>318316398
Actually UC3 in Uncharted Collection has Donut Drake. It also has all the bonus content they had originally planned to include with UC3 at launch.

UC3 Donut Drake>UC2 Donut Drake>UC2>UC1 Donut Drake>UC3>UC1
>>
>>318312747
Never admit this.
'Round these parts we have a saying "lurk moar" what this means is that you need to spend more time observing board culture and learning how to behave so you can integrate more seamlessly into the community. I lurked for 4 years before actively posting and even then enough is never enough. You would also know /v/ hates Uncharted despite it being pretty good if you lurked more.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.