[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it. Why isn't this game getting a lot of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11
File: jc3.jpg (416 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jc3.jpg
416 KB, 1920x1080
I don't get it. Why isn't this game getting a lot of hype?

Do all of you spergs hate fun?
>>
People are hyped, but most can't play the PC version yet
>>
Cause despite shills like nerdcubed, 2 was boring as shit and I put it down when I destroyed army base #40, and considering the scope of this one, I'm not seeing how it's going to be different.

Even with nerdcubed shilling it by only showing the interesting areas.
>>
File: yotsuba38.jpg (3 KB, 114x126) Image search: [Google]
yotsuba38.jpg
3 KB, 114x126
I'm indifferent. Wacky grapple shenanigans get old quick. It'll be fun for a few hours and then I'll be bored out of my mind because all the game consists of is blowing up marked buildings and towers, same way 2 went.
>>
>>318302473
Im sure hyped as fuck, been watching streams all day.
>>
>>318302835
I'll play the main story stuff for sure but yeah, blowing up red thing 1,2, and 3 to make a number go up gets old pretty fast. Hopefully this one gives a lot more options for how to wreck shit. The actual combat looks pretty weak and 2's was pretty bad.

Still preordering, I guess.
>>
File: 1423081443473.jpg (241 KB, 1600x988) Image search: [Google]
1423081443473.jpg
241 KB, 1600x988
because open world asshole simulators are dime a dozen now
>>
>>318302473

>Open World

Annndd dropped.
>>
>>318302589
Just because there isn't a thread on page 1 24/7 doesn't mean people aren't hyped for this game. There have been plenty of threads discussing this game the past few weeks.

Avalanche, stop shilling, you aren't getting anymore sales at this point.
>>
It's not really a fun game though. It gets very boring after a few hours of play.
>>
>>318304959

Not as much as shillout 4 and even asshillout's creed desu
>>
I'm hyped.

Wish I could fucking play it.
>>
>>318302473
Like I told you in the last thread, the game is a fucking snoozefest. Guess Square wanted to cash in on all the unused assets from JC2 development because they know the Saints Row 4 audience will eat it up I.E so randumb XD teenagers.
>>
Why does he look like Nathan Drake had sex with Angry Joe?

Why did they change his VA? Rico doesn't even look or sound remotely latino anymore.

Fuck Avalanche.
>>
>>318302473

Can I pirate it yet?
>>
>>318304270
>asshole simulators
noah pls go
>>
>>318305324
Rico's VA was ass in JC2, along with every other VA in that game. I feel better about the game knowing they burned the worst part of 2 to the ground and rebuilt it.
>>
>>318305057
This game won't reach that level of hype for obvious reasons. There also isn't as much to discuss about before the games release unlike F4 which had plenty of controversial bullshit to shipost about before its release.

I'm willing to bet next week you will be seeing a lot more threads popping up about this game.
>>
>>318305658
Fuck you, retard. Just Cause 1 and 2 were meant to be shitty-fun B-movies. Rico's VA was perfect for that.

>We want the Nolan North Troy Baker Steve Blum Liam O'Brien Yuri Lowenthal audience

Fuck off.
>>
>>318302473
I'm hyped for it, but I have a fucking operation on the 1st of December so I'm not sure if I'll be in any fit state to play it. For the time being I'll have to do with nerd videos.
>>
>>318304959

>one thread about jc3
>9248280780 f4 threads
>shilling

Todd pls go
>>
I find Just Cause very fucking boring.
But I can understand why people like it and I sincerely hope you guys have fun.
Have a nice day.
>>
I'm more hyped about Denuvo

I love when Piratefags squirm
>>
Havent been following the game at all, but it looks exactly like the last one at a glance.
>>
>>318306167

I hope your operation goes well friend
>>
File: shrug.jpg (77 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
77 KB, 384x313
I don't understand the hate boner parts of /v/ have for this game. It's not even an offensive game, it's just a good time of blowing shit up. Nothing more nothing less.

I'm just going to assume it's Bethesda shills trying to put down anything that isn't Fallout 4.
>>
i'm really hyped, but i'm trying not to think about it since the hours until official release just go by more slowly then
>>
File: 1385195296983.jpg (78 KB, 832x584) Image search: [Google]
1385195296983.jpg
78 KB, 832x584
>>318306771

>Shit driving
>Shit shootan
>Shit story/voice acting

>b-b-b-but you can blow stuff up
>>
>>318306284

I'm just curious what you don't find boring, friend
>>
>>318306521
Thanks anon, thought I'd manage to avoid operations since I'm 27 and never had to have one before, but this one snuck up on me.

>>318306771
/v/ hates most things, especially fun things.
>>
just cause 2 was shit to me and i dont care about the new one
>>
Because Xenoblade comes out 3 days later
>>
Does this have multiplayer built in?

It's the only reason I cared about the last one
>>
>LOOK HOW BIG OUR MAP IS

that's all JC has going for it, all it ever had going for it really
>>
Hyped. All 2 needed was a bit of a boost in content quantity - like different other ways to raise Chaos other than running around looking for that barrel at 95% destruction.

Honestly, if they could just set bases to auto-destruct fully once you destroy, say, 65% of them, that would be great. And less of chaos grinding. Missions were fun.

3 is gonna be great imo. And it's optimized to run even on shit pcs.
>>
Bought 2 for cheap during a steam sale. Clunky controls, boring combat and a huge open world with nothing to see in it.

Was fun for a few hours though, I'm probably going to play 3 when it is 5 bucks.
>>
people who think "fun" is a buzzword will hate this game, the rest will love it for maybe a week or two, then it gets repetitive
>>
Because it's a shitty game from a serie no one cares.
>>
>>318302473
It looks like it will get repatitve just like the previous ones...

But a games a game and im gunna torrent it anyways.
>>
File: ICmPB3V.jpg (944 KB, 2617x2138) Image search: [Google]
ICmPB3V.jpg
944 KB, 2617x2138
>>318307345
>a huge open world with nothing to see in it
And they brag about it.
>>
>>318302473
I hate Spanish people.
>>
>>318302473

Because even though Just Cause was incredibly fun, it was only so for TEN FUCKING MINUTES.

The storyline was complete shit, the control system far from ideal. After that, yeah, destroying the world was fun, but the world felt empty. The city was laughable.
>>
File: kek.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>grappling shit, blowing shit up, flying in a wingsuit, explosions
>not fun
>walking simulators, dying simulators, and indieshit
>fun
>>
>>318302473
>Male protagonist

ITS
>>
>>318302473
>Blow stuff up
>Grapple things
>Fly
There, I just listed everything you can do in the game.

It'll be fun for 2 hours
>>
Game has no reason to even have cars or roads. Your character is a demi-god who can't die and flies around everywhere. Its SR4 bullshit all over.
>>
File: fuckingthis.jpg (21 KB, 320x318) Image search: [Google]
fuckingthis.jpg
21 KB, 320x318
>>318305150
This
>>
>>318302473
>open werld release same month as fo4
>no online
>sell
ayy.
>>
>>318306962
Every other open world game that is not Just Cause and Skyrim, really.

I'm what /v/ would call a massive pleb, a casual that is impressed easily. But JC just doesn't do it for me.
>>
>>318302473
Not interested in Open World Shooter #435 honestly.
Saints Row and GTA were enough for me, I'm done for life.
>>
I forgot it released, getting it now.

Rico torbellino is my animal spirit
>>
File: 363.jpg (7 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
363.jpg
7 KB, 184x184
>>318308492
Yea, they should remove all cars and roads.
>>
>>318308587

>skyrim with guns in the wasteland 1.6
>good

I'm not advocating JC3, but I'm amazed that people defend fo4.

Bloodborne GOTYAY by a landslide
>>
>>318302473
Just Cause sucks and always has.

The dev sucks and can't make a good game.

Xbox huge open world filled with nothing, bad story, and repetitive, uninspired gameplay does not make a good game.
>>
>>318302473
The game is unique in that way, thatthey are offering you a game where you can destroy, and you will get that game nothing more nothing less. It is hard to find any flaws with this attitude even here on this site.
>>
>>318308074
Theres actually a lot to see. Especially the military controlled island that downed any aircraft flying over it.
>>
>>318302473
wat gam
>>
I was bored by just cause 2, but the flying in this seems incredible and the game looks great, seems like there's lots of content too

might get it when it's on sale or something like that
>>
>>318308979

It's funny, though. You can say that about every game this year and it can be defended.

>fallout 4
>a game exactly the same as the ones before it in the series, nothing less

>bloodborne

>just cause 3

>asscreed syndicate
>>
>>318302473
>playing a game with a spic protagonist

Good goy.
>>
File: Continued Laughter.jpg (61 KB, 1000x642) Image search: [Google]
Continued Laughter.jpg
61 KB, 1000x642
>>318308751
>Bloodborne GOTYAY by a landslide

Spot the ass blasted Sonyfag claiming the only game on PS4 is GOTYAY
>>
>>318305658
the worst part of 2 was the driving model though.

also the lack of yaw controls in planes.
>>
>>318309320

Go to bed, Todd
>>
>>318309352
>There will never be a Just Cause/GTA style game with Forza Horizon 2's drive model

KILL MEEEEE
>>
>>318308979
The destruction in Just Cause is nothing compared to Red Faction Guerrilla.
Shame it never got a proper sequel. That game was flawed but the core of it had so much potential.
>>
You fly and blow shit up. There's nothing else.
Why would you buy this game? Undertale offers much more versatile content with less prize.
>>
>>318309184
don't be so retarded

fallout 4 promieses a great rpg with good graphics, while the rpg content is minimum and graphics are shit

bloodborne promises you an excellent rpg too, and a must buy exclusive, while it is a dark souls wannabe shit

ass creed syndicate promises you london, new assassin shit, rpg elements, female protagnoist and so many bullshit, while you get the same shit with microtransactions

here with just cause they are offering you a mindless game what is a perfect time spending experience after bad day in work or school, and this is what you will get.
>>
>>318310229
But you also just described all the earlier titles in those series, Anon. A little more optimistically than I would, but those all sounded like descriptions for any game in the series (minus location names).
>>
>>318310229

Gameplay-wise, I mean.

Isn't that what you play games for? The gameplay?

The core of all the games mentioned have been all the same in each of their series. Just layered with bullshit.

My point is JC3 is objectively the most fun out of all those
>>
>>318302473
Because JC2 was a repetitive borezone of the same copy paste outposts with unsatisfying to use weapons and poor vehicle handling/physics

This game doesn't look remarkably different
>>
JC3 knows what it is and owns it while doing it all really well. It's a game built around ridiculousness and random shit. It's an actual sandbox game.

People that think the game is shit have zero imagination or instead prefer to be spoon-fed like the man children they are.

At least it's not bulletsponge basebuilder 4 trying to take itself seriously.
>>
Oh noes someone made a just cause 3 thread amongst the fallout 4 undertale shitfest circlejerk.
>>
>>318311210
what a quality post, friend
>>
people who can't have fun in a Just Cause game can't have fun anywhere

it's just a matter of if the price of the game is worth the amount of hours of fun you'll have, and that amount is subjective
>>
>>318302473
>sandbox full of nothing, running around finding ways to kill time doing nothing

>fun

You're funny. Just cause 2 was terrible.
>>
>>318311795
I bet you though Elite: Dangerous wasn't fun either.

How's it feel to be an unimaginative faggot? Gotta get your hand held to have some fun, huh bud?
>>
>>318302473

Xenoblade comes out like 2 days after this.
>>
>>318306948
This. You can't even blow up buildings. Something PS2 games have
>>
JC2 showed the world that a big overworld can actually harm a game
>>
>>318304269
>preordering
Have you learned nothing?
>>
>>318307267
It doesn't. They've said that they have mod support so I guess we'll wait and see.
>>
>/v/ now hates Just Cause 2
>Ask why
>Durr big empty world with nothing to do! Just blow up bases and stuff!!!
>Okay but you start out with a few guns and the more you do, you unlock more and more vehicles and weapons and upgrade them, giving you more ways to blow up the bases and do story missions
>Pffft kid I used MODS to unlock all of that shit from the start!
>Mmm so you remove all sense of progression from the game and then bitch about there being no sense of progression?
>IT'S NOT MY FAULT, IT'S THE DEVS FAULT!!!!
Okay anons.
>>
>>318313228
It's just Minecraft
Literally no point to play.
>>
JC2 only has a following because most people bought it for like $5 during the million steam sales they have had for it and expected a shit game. They got an alright game instead, so people were pleasantly surprised. when people are pleasantly surprised in modern gaming they praise the shit out of things.

JC3 coming out after a 5 year gap and literally just being more of the same with new graphics and a few niche features isn't good.
>>
>>318302473

>that outfit

Where the fuck is the black outfit with the Scorpion?
>>
>>318315221

Why fuck with a good formula? Why not just refine what works for once.

Look at what fucking with the formula did to that abortion called Fallout 4.
>>
If you're worried about cost you can buy it RIGHT NOW for $23 from sites like cdkeys or kinguin or however you spell it.

Can confirm legit. Already preloaded too.
>>
>>318315221
>JC3 being JC2 with better graphics, more toys and a new island

Sounds good. I get that most aren't into the series that much but I played JC2 like a fucking hound all these years and definitely looking forward to continuing that with JC3.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.