[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a PlayStation 4 exclusive https://www.youtube.com/w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: horizon.jpg (107 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
horizon.jpg
107 KB, 640x360
This is a PlayStation 4 exclusive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkg5UVTsKCE
>>
>>318299159
It looks really boring. I own a PS4.
>>
>>318299159
wow..........Sony wins yet again......
>>
Cool. We all saw it a million times already.
>>
>>318299159
Looks cool, can't wait to see more
>>
it looks like shit
>>
Looks generic
>>
>>318299159
Why does she keep talking during combat?

Like, holy shit that's annoying as fuck.
>>
>>318299453
>open world futuristic robot dinosaur hunting game with dynamic animal behavior where you can set traps with your magitek bow
>generic
>>
>>318299910
Yes.
>>
>>318299159
I can alredy say the story is going to be retarded
>>
It looks neat conceptually. I'm fulling expecting it to be as shallow as a puddle and heavily scripted and nowhere close mechanically speaking to something like an actual Monster Hunter or other action oriented game.

If there's actual depth to the game, heavy reliance on twitchy player skill and complex fights with stuff that isn't just scripted encounters I'll be amazed. I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>318299159
Call me when it gets actual gameplay.
But really don't because it doesn't look interesting.
>>
Why do women like the bow and arrow so much?
>>
>>318299769
Cinematic experience
>>
>>318299159
Jokes on you I have all the consoles, why? because I have money bitch.
>>
>>318299910
>what is MGS and ARK combined
this game
>>
>>318300219
Gameplay is right there tard
>>
Shadow of the Colossus ass shit, big fucking deal.
>>
>>318300210
I expect the combat to be a lot of rolling around and QTE kills. Imagine Tomb Raider with
>>
>>318300254
Hunger Games and guns are too loud
Bow and Arrow symbolize wit and survival as well as skill since it's a primitive weapon
>>
For how long?
>>
This looks like the same third person action/stealth hybrid we've been playing for over ten years. The only thing interesting about it is the setting, but even that really isn't enough to make the game worth buying.
>>
>>318300392
meant to say Imagine Tomb Raider with Indigo Prophecy QTE and The Witcher combat.
>>
Is Bloodborne going to be Sony's only PS4 game that isn't a scripted AAA cinematic experience?
>>
>>318299159
>stabs a robot and apologizes
>robot dino simply limps down like its critically wounded
>no futuristic robot self destruction mechanism to keep tech out of filthy human hands.
what the fuck is this game
>>
So, essentially monster hunter with:

regen health
bows only
bullet time
robots instead of monsters

Pass
>>
A reskinned Shadow of Mordor, hooray.
>>
The concept behind the world is actually really cool, but the gameplay is completely uninspired. They could've had some straight up anime shit going on and instead they made some terrible marketing approved assasins creed+nu-tomb raider+monster hunter/dragons dogma+Halo ripoff. It's going to be shit and you're going to buy it anyway and defend the shitty EVERYTHING because you love the world so much.

Also it's pathetic that the main character is less likeable than random nobodies walking around deserted plains just a few seconds before she shows up on the screen.
>>
>>318300539
This, people always get hard-ons for games because of the setting, when almost every single one still ends up boring because they spent so much time on designing the art they just slapped boring ass gameplay on it. I don't know why people still fall for this especially from AAA studios where boring run of the mill gameplay is a guarantee.
>>
>>318299159
Looks like shit to be honest family
>>
>>318299159
i dig the mech desing. reminds me of zoids
>>
>>318299159
Does it run at cinematic 30 fps?
>>
>>318299159
>killzone devs
Nice try
>>
>>318300254
They don't, developers who like women with bow and arrows do.
>>
>>318301028
>>318300539
>its like X with X and Y! Meme
>even though its not out nor hsve I played it let me wonder why people like it with my pessimistic assumptions

Fuck off
>>
File: 0153 - WlHOCzS.jpg (12 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
0153 - WlHOCzS.jpg
12 KB, 258x245
>female protagonist
>post apocalypse
>bow
Dropped
>>
>>318299910
>Never thinks about the gameplay mechanics

Typical pony
>>
>>318301253
Gameplay footage is already out, it's a typical open world action game just like Shadows or Modor.
>>
>>318301253
>hiding in tall grass, le epic stealth kill that just looks boring as fuck
>hiding in grass from the big metal dinosaurs ooh so tense, fuck that, when I see huge metal dinosaurs I want to shove a big spiky stick up their ass
>fight a giant dinosaur, can run away in a straight line and be just fine, can activate slow motion to hit his weak spot for MASSIVE DAMAGE with no risk at all, can shoot the fucking gun off his back, making him a complete non threat and letting you burn through his health bar
>at this point I stop watching and I have to see faggots like you writing stupid shit on /v/
>>
>>318301416

I hate how most modern games just copy every gameplay mechanic from previous successful titles. Makes every game feel the same.
>>
>>318299159
>FROM THE DEVELOPERS OF THE GAME SERIES THAT PASSED OFF INPUT LAG AS A GAMEPLAY FEATURE
NAH MAN I'M GOOD
>>
>>318301514
Shadows of mordor has basically no stealth and 1 type of enemy. Orcs.

Idk bout you but id think fighting an orc with magic powers and a dinosaur with a hightech bow are a little different.

Also this isnt ubisoft, WB or activision.

Guerilla games cant afford to ruin their name by copypasting entire other franchises
This is their first real venture into a different type of game.

Lets hope they do it well.

Oh wait i forgot it has a female lead /v/ automatically rejects it.
>>
Looks interesting conceptually and the gameplay doesn't look that bad really. Looks kinda fun
>>
>>318302914
>Guerilla games cant afford to ruin their name by copypasting entire other franchises
Too late, they already did you gender card playing fuck. They've got the same shitty hide in the grass open world stealth that every open world stealth game has, which is far more interesting in assassins creed since the "grass" is usually a crowd of fucking people moving all over the damn place. And that is certainly not where the copypasting ends. It rips off all kinds of shit, even Vanquish.

Also you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. shadows of mordor even has fucking forced stealth sections. Also them poorly ripping off the monster designs of monster hunter and giving you a bow with a bunch of crutch shots that all do the same damn thing doesn't make this game unique in any way. Monster Hunter P3rd with the bow and a shocktrap is more fun and interesting than this shitty game will be, and it's a fucking PSP game. This game is the definition of style over substance. It has fancy visuals, an open world, constant intrusive voice acting, sjw friendly character design, all the other signs of an insanely high budget, and it's still completely fucking boring in comparison to a shitty little PSP game released years ago.
>>
>get hit by a huge robo t-rex tailspin
>gets back up like it was nothing, heals in 3 seconds

W-whoooah.
>>
>>318304335
Also notice the trex doesn't actually complete the spin but stops after 180 degrees. There's probably no actual way to avoid his tail at that range if he had done a full 360.
>>
File: 1441841234801.png (1 KB, 658x164) Image search: [Google]
1441841234801.png
1 KB, 658x164
>>318299159
This is a PC exclusive.

Enjoy your shitty games consolecuCKus
>>
>>318304660

You have a bow, presumably if you're within striking distance you deserve to get hit.
>>
>>318304051
Yes because theyve shown us enough of the game to say everything about it.

I mean that 45 minute video of the showcasing assassin creed-like map revealin mechanics, multiple similar encounters, repetitive environments, recollered enemies etc.

Oh wait theres only one video of one encounter.

Thats amazing how youve deciphered the whole game from just one video and maybe a press conference.

Are you a wizard?
>>
>>318304335
>>318304660
Its a demo retard, if you look at the newest gameplay demo a hit from him takes half you health away

And you have to use herbs to heal up
>>
File: 1408245087154.jpg (70 KB, 554x554) Image search: [Google]
1408245087154.jpg
70 KB, 554x554
Looks cool
>>
why won't this bitch shut up?
>>
File: 1426112734122.gif (84 KB, 340x324) Image search: [Google]
1426112734122.gif
84 KB, 340x324
I sure hope Kamiya makes a game for the PS4 soon/
All this trailer did for me was remind me of how interested I am in Scalebound.
>>
>>318305569
She does, it was only for presentation, newest footage she doesn't say anything
>>
File: 1442003028184.jpg (65 KB, 389x694) Image search: [Google]
1442003028184.jpg
65 KB, 389x694
>>318299159
>30 fps
>>
>>318299910
A unique setting and robots does not preclude a game from being generic.

Please learn words.
>>
>>318299159
>hunting giant robot dinosaurs
>With a fucking bow

Nah. Should've been an ice age hunting game
>>
>>318306838
Hunting robot dinosaurs with a bow makes sense since they have sensitive wiring that you can hit
>>
>>318299159
>developed by the award winning Guerrilla Games, creators of PlayStation’s venerated Killzone franchise.
NICE TRY, SONY BOY
>>
>>318299910
>dynamic
._. way to fall for the ruse
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.