[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Todd and his buddies break into your door, knowing that you do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
Todd and his buddies break into your door, knowing that you do nothing but shitpost all day on fallout 4. He's tired of your shit and asks you if you can come up with better quests or random encounters. If he likes it, he'll blow you. if he finds it stupid, he'll smash your pc and sleep with your mom.

so /v/? can you come up with better ideas?
>>
woah man, are you like, implying that i played fallout 4 or something?
>>
>>318296690
He knows you pirated the game.
>>
This meme is depreciated and it's pretty sad none of you memefaggots can come up with anything new so you just keep posting it.
>>
I wish an old arcade was working somewhere in the common wealth, but it just doesn't fit with the americana 50s feeling. If they did however it'd be fun if they had a form of arcade where some old grand master was waiting for people to try and come beat him.

You'd hear rumors of people telling you about the old man giving out "quarters" for bottle caps so people could play against him.
>>
There are two feuding towns out for blood, but neither one has the guys to actually invade.

You can
1. Force the towns to coexist if you're part of the BoS through intimidation checks
2. Use charisma to get the towns to come to an agreement and love happily together
3. Chose a side and convince the town to go to war, then go and wipe out the other settlement
4. Work both into a furor and get them to meet in open battle where almost all the fighters are killed leading to mutants destroying both now defenseless settlements
5. Backstab one settlement and lead them into a trap where all their fighters are killed and their settlement captured intact
>>
>>318297395
It's too much programming for todd. Come up with something that tricks casuals into thinking it's complicated.
>>
"romance" mechanics are outplayed, add something where you can set up companions romantically with each other, that's better.
Curie x Danse
Nick x Cait
Codsworth x Strong

more intuitive settlement stuff like some kind of settler:assignment interface where you can see who's on what and reassign them without having to physically locate them, also auto assign idle settlers to crops and guard towers

intelligence at least I guess or maybe perk based speech checks (i.e. you need nuclear physicist #? for this one, or sneak #? for suggesting an infiltration vs frontal assault in some quest etc...). I don't give a fuck if they're not fully voiced or voiced at all

Eliminate 'logistics' perks.
attempt any lock or computer at any level, higher 'skill' level increases sweetspot size, lockpick durability, # of initial "tries" for hacking, increased # of available patterns to remove duds/reset tries.

Eliminate 'crafting' perks; there's way too fucking many of them. Make it quest oriented or something, go meet some prewar ghoul dude in a lab and run some errands to unlock 'science' levels, maybe the chick at atom cats can teach you to be better at armorer if you help out around, ernesto in Diamond City needs some assistance getting his guns ready for sale because his old gunsmith went to work for the gunners, learn a thing or two about customization and mods and gain some gun nut levels while you help him fill "special orders" or something etc...
>>
Been playing for the first time this morning. Incredibly bored. No longer an RPG, and while the shooting is better than 3, it's still pretty awful as a shooting game. Boring walking around slomo auto killing everything.
>>
File: 1446750806439.jpg (31 KB, 526x300) Image search: [Google]
1446750806439.jpg
31 KB, 526x300
>>318298812
>Curie x Danse
>Nick x Cait
>Codworth x Strong

what the fuck
>>
Toddposting was never funny
>>
>>318298812
>romance is outplayed
>i want kekolding
Please never design video games
>>
>>318299671
>robo love

>hardboiled PI and dame from the streets in trouble

>wacky sophisticated nonhuman duo

it's called good shipping
>>
File: top cuck.png (17 KB, 783x676) Image search: [Google]
top cuck.png
17 KB, 783x676
>>318298812
>set up companions romantically with each other
>>
>>318300009
romance doesn't work in games with this many characters and you can only do "one" per run so you don't get much closure across the board

it's either be able to set characters up with each other so they can all have a happy ending, or allow some kind of polygamist romance (i mean, fuckin mormons ARE fallout canon) or harem route thing so you can simultaneously romance ALL the companions in one run
>>
>>318300252
>polygamy and kekolding in video games
Even ignoring the assloads of dialogue ($$$) to network every companion with every other companion for something so inane, please no
>>
Under the charisma skill tree, you have 4 type of speechcraft skills: sarcasm, rage, lecture/hindsight, and care. Each can give you benefits or simply adds variety on gameplay.
>>
>>318300474
Sounds alot like planescape: tormented soul.
>>
File: todd.webm (682 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
todd.webm
682 KB, 720x404
>>318296589
>This manlet
>Being able to demand anything
>>
>>318300801
There's more work involved in making full dialogue for a modern 3D voiced game than one that uses text strings for dialogue
>>
>>318300009
>>318300056
>>318300474

I must have missed the memo on this meme, but what does shipping pairings have to do with kekoldry?
>>
File: beaver.gif (4 KB, 100x120) Image search: [Google]
beaver.gif
4 KB, 100x120
>>318296589

Hey Todd, pucker up and prepare to get an oral Yeast Infection from my cock buddy, because here's some quick and simple tips to making Fallout 4 better:

1) Fallout's world is meant to be the story and not you, the player. We should be as if looking through a window into the post-apocalyptic world and the world should change whether or not we are directly involved. We should be an agent of change, but not THE SOLE AGENT OF CHANGE.

2) 210 years and there's only one 'city' with the rest having to be built by us. How about 5-6 settlements that are blank slates instead of 20, and you actually build some towns with history, culture, characters, etc.. instead of making us do all the work?

3) I think you've failed to grasp Fallout dialogue. The dialogue is, for better or worse, one of the best elements of Fallout- it allows us to see the absurdity that humans will go in order to justify their behavior and allows for some macabre and dark humor.

4) There are plenty of weapons in the Fallout universe to give us, but you didn't- you gave us a WW1 machine gun instead of the AR-10. There's a Chinese Sub but there's no Chinese weapons? No P90? Where is my 10mm submachine gun? Fallout 4 should have included the full weapon pool from previous Fallouts.

5) Party interaction. You are absolutely capable of having up to 3 companions as demonstrated by quests, but we're only ever allowed to have one. This means there is no party interaction other than trading off one person for another. Personalities should clash, sometimes violently, which means having to spread companions across your various settlements to keep them placated.

6) There is a fully functioning Iron Foundry which still burns white-hot after 210 years and no one has used it to construct anything- are you high? There is a functional chemical weapons lab and no one has taken over it to produce chems- why?

I could post more, but just suck my yeasty dick Todd.
>>
>>318301286
You want to pair your romance options with each other, which you will be actively orchestrating and watching happen
>>
each play through a random non hostile npc that is not a main story line quest giver will be infected. there is a game time clock that counts down to gestation of the virus. when time runs out it spreads to the npcs in the area

but thats not all it also at the same time infects 1 npc in a different area and hostile npcs will show up with infected. if you take anything from their bodies you get infected

there is no cure but for the player you only weakened a lot and lose str/luck/cha stat points over time

every one else dies from it but 2 random non hostile npcs if you dont find out who is sick and kill them

the quest is started by finding a letter written in blood stuck to the boot of a random mutant. you can see it but cant access it by clicking on them you have to click on the note stuck to the bottom of the boot

the note gives some random detail about some one patient zero knows and if talked to they may give them selves away but wont address the note if shown they act like they cant make out the words or the dont have their glasses on them
>>
>>318301576
well, like I said earlier, it's not really all "your" romance options if you can't get them all yourself, so it's either being able to pair off the remainder, or being able to marry everyone at the same time

the "in between" is kinda shitty. And frankly, you're not going to WANT to romance all of them, but it would still be nice to give them some closure from an rpg/storytelling perspective.

like say you're "rping", there probably will be more than exactly ONE which you like, you can't have both, so why not have a plan B for the one you don't choose?

Or like, nobody wants to marry codsworth, but why should he have to just drift around sanctuary hills alone forever, etc...
>>
>>318302101
>codsworth
>he
It's a robot, you literally cannot romance Codsworth it isn't an option
>>
>>318296883
It's better than sqmh tqbh fqam and JUST posting
>>
>>318303134
mods will fix that
>>
I changed iPresentInterval from 0 to 1 so I could get rid of the FPS cap so my game would load faster, and so the game stops smoothing my mouse movements. No lock picking moves so quickly.

Todd please help ;_;
>>
>>318296589
>if he likes it
So basically anything that actually is better than the schlock he produced is a no-go?
>>
>200 years into the future and people are still reminiscent about the Pre-War when literally everyone alive should have no grasp or understanding what the Pre-War was like.
>People still listen to Pre-War music
>People are still interested in Pre-War sports.
>People are still interested in Pre-War .
>No alien developed culture that should make the character so out of place. You fit right in.
>People still complain about things being hard tough, and simply surviving. They talk about how good it was in the good old days, but didn't you grow up in this kind of environment? Shouldn't the world you live in be such a norm that it would almost unimaginable to think of a world other than your own?

Another thing that bugged me though, its as if though everyone got a computer at 2077 because you don't see anything involving a once thriving living community or people with a past or a life. Every information leads up to the bombs or happened right at 2077. Or is it that people are so paranoid about big brother gubbmint that they delete anything involving before 2077 incase internet police are snooping in their data.
>>
>>318296589
I shoot them with a rifled slug out of the 8 gauge I'm working on because I'm from /k/.. also I don't like home intruders considering my home's been burglarized twice.
>>
File: 1447023006360.png (525 KB, 555x723) Image search: [Google]
1447023006360.png
525 KB, 555x723
>>318296589

Todd, please make my wife a companion.

As DLC, at least.
>>
Honestly I can make pretty good dark-stories and quests. Hire me Todd.
>>
>2012+3
>still can't have a canon "little girl" player character in fallout

come the fuck on guys
>>
File: Todd-sama.png (421 KB, 704x900) Image search: [Google]
Todd-sama.png
421 KB, 704x900
Anon-sama, you couldn't make better quests, could you?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.