[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It still hurts, bros. The content we've lost, the story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 28
It still hurts, bros.
The content we've lost, the story we've lost.
A completely inconsequential plot that does not even attempt to explain why Big Boss turned evil.
>>
File: Big Boss.png (803 KB, 1267x709) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss.png
803 KB, 1267x709
You're retarded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvKGqNWKhxk
MGS 3 was all that was ever needed to explain why Naked Snake from MGS 3 turned into the villain that Big Boss was in MG 1/2. Ignore Peace Walker. Ignore Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PRETEND MGS 4 NEVER HAPPENED.
His leader and hero, The Boss, taught him to be a soldier for the good of the nation, he learned how to fight and to serve from her, and then she seemingly betrays him and joins the Russians. Snake, wounded and looking for revenge, goes through hell and manages to kill her.
And that's when he learned the truth. The Boss served as the ultimate pawn to save the USA from it's own mistakes. She had to betray her comrades, had to harm her mentor, had to get killed by his hand and had to sacrifice her entire honor to become despised by the entire world (although she loved Snake too much to not let him in on the fact, because she'd absolutely hate to have Snake despise her forever)
The greatest soldier that ever lived, the woman she loved, instead of being celebrated as a hero, ended up being vilified as the greatest threat to the world.
Not only does Snake hate the government for basically asassinating her and her honor, but he realized that he had no guarantees he or a soldier he fought alongside with wouldn't end in the same position.
He salutes his grave, and Eva tells him The Boss was a true patriot, just like the President had told him he was. As he salutes and a tear falls from his eye, the heroic sad music takes a turn into a menacing tune.
You can very easily deduce what happened from here and link this shit yourself. Ignore the retcons that turned him into a person that ran away, a fighter against Zero, all that retarded bullshit.
He kept working for the government with his anger growing and growing, until he finally found the chance to create an Outer Heaven for soldiers like him, who would never become tools of the government and suffer The Boss's fate.
>>
File: 1422155760172.gif (3 MB, 252x263) Image search: [Google]
1422155760172.gif
3 MB, 252x263
>>318290505
>>
File: 1447265851994.gif (1 MB, 270x214) Image search: [Google]
1447265851994.gif
1 MB, 270x214
>>318290505
>>
File: maxreaction.png (715 KB, 422x766) Image search: [Google]
maxreaction.png
715 KB, 422x766
>mfw I found out that we played as some medic guy for the entire game at the final mission
>>
Yes it did you mongoloid

BB was "turning evil" throughout all of Peacewalker and the events of GZ pushed him over the edge. He took one of his most loyal soldiers face, life, memories, just so he would have a proxy BB. What, did you need daddy kojimbo to write in big red letters "BTW BIG BOSS IS EVIL NOW"? The whole fucking point of the series is that good and evil are just points of view painted by your place in politics.

Learn to read subtext, asshole
>>
>>318290391
What you feel?
Is it it?
Is it Phantom Pain?
KOJIMA MASTER HAXOR BOSS
>>
>>318290505
This guy gets it. You never needed any more context on why Big Boss turned evil than the end of MGS 3
>>
File: 1432259490310.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1432259490310.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

MGSV WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ONE OF THE GREATEST GAMES EVER MADE

IT SHOULD'VE SET THE BOUNDARY FOR WHAT'S EXPECTED FROM STEALTH GAMEPLAY AND MOTHER BASE SHOULD'VE BEEN COMFY AS FUCK.

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT THE DOWNFALL OF BIG BOSS AS HE BECOMES MORE CONSUMED BY HATRED FOR ZERO WHILE SKULL FACE REMAINED ONLY AS HIS INNER PHANTOM

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE FIRST GAME WHERE WE TRULY PLAYED AS THE BAD GUY

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO SET AN EXAMPLE FOR GAMES AND BECOME A PEDESTAL BY WHICH ALL FUTURE GAMES SHOULD STRIVE TO BE

IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS, IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR
>>
File: ;_;7.jpg (167 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
;_;7.jpg
167 KB, 960x544
>>318290505
Will anything ever top Snake Eater's ending? God damn masterpiece
>>
Cont because I forgot to mention that the twist at the end wasn't supposed to be shocking because lol it was akchewally da medic da whole time

It was supposed to be a moment where you felt your stomach twist as you realize just how far BB went for something as small as a cover story
>>
>>318292409

>consumed for hatred for zero
>I never played MGS3 or 4
>>
>>318290505
>>318292536
Shivers down my spine
>>
>>318290505
>PRETEND MGS 4 NEVER HAPPENED.
Absolutely pleb.
>>
>>318292840
MGS 4 is fucking garbage, m8
>>
>>318292840

MGS4 is terrible. MGSV's story is non existent but at least it isn't fanfiction trash that makes me cringe to think about
>>
>>318290391
TPP was a fantastic game. Over 300 hours played so far.

Keep shitposting shitposter.
>>
>>318292840
>lel the wacky major and horror watching paramedic are all the villains after all O_O xD
Fuck off, it was terrible written all the way through, and that was before that atrocious ending that was nothing but pure fanservice instead of actual substance.
>>
File: Wapred Laughing Face.png (92 KB, 245x247) Image search: [Google]
Wapred Laughing Face.png
92 KB, 245x247
>>318292776
>he played but mgs4 but didnt pay attention during the church scene or mid-credits scene
>>
>>318292913
>>318292951
It's canon and you're retarded for not understanding it.
>>
>>318292965
How much of that was waiting for your rnd to finish shit? seriously the game is so fucking padded with half hour waits or 2+ on base devs.
>>
>"The missing link that will complete the saga."
>"In Outer Heaven, men become demons."
>"Kaz, I'm already a demon."
>"We're two sides of the same coin, you and I."
>Spend the entire game doing nothing but goody two shoes shit, with even remotely morally grey part being where he's forced to kill his own men.
MGSV has a really bad case of telling, but not showing.
>>
>>318293079

What's there to understand. MGS4 only exists because faggots didn't understand MGS2 and needed to know what happened to muh solid snake
>>
>>318293148
>but we have yet to learn
>why a legendary hero
>has sunken to evil
>the series greatest mystery
>will finally be revealed
fuck you kojima you fucking hack
>>
>>318293148
>>318293224
But we already knew, we all fucking already knew since MGS 3. Morons.
>>
>>318293381
Well Kojima wouldn't of put that shit in the trailer if he didn't think it was a mystery retard.
>>
>>318293079
>implying it isn't a simulation to create an extreme enough environment that Raiden is willing to go back to being a hero, sacrificing his body and his family, even after believing himself to be free from the patriot's control
>falling for the ruse
>>
>>318293426
Kojima is a hack, but you're a moron for believing his stupid hype when we already knew why Big Boss turned evil for a fucking decade.
>>
>>318292073
b-but he didn't shoot niglets and didn't scream that he was nuclear.
>>
>>318293605
>trailer says we will finally find out why big boss became the villain
>disappointed when the game doesn't show this
>HOLY SHIT YOU RETARDED ANON HOW COULD YOU EXPECT THEM TO SHOW US WHY BIG BOSS BECAME THE VILLAIN
Kill yourself shitposter.
>>
>>318293660
>didn't scream that he was nuclear.
>retards actually believe this
>>
>>318293771
WE ALREADY KNEW WHY BIG BOSS TURNED EVIL. IT'S AT THE END OF MGS 3, YOU GOD DAMN PLEB.
>>
>>318293148
>>Spend the entire game doing nothing but goody two shoes shit, with even remotely morally grey part being where he's forced to kill his own men.

>I can't comprehend anything if there isn't a cutscene or codec call every 15 minutes.

You do mercenary work the entire game killing and destroying shit for clients. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: 1304376955947.png (457 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1304376955947.png
457 KB, 600x450
>>318290391
How was Big Boss evil, you fucking retard?
>>
>>318293894
he played nonlethally the entire game, possibly while complaining that it was easier to get an S rank if he just killed everyone
>>
>>318290505
>AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PRETEND MGS 4 NEVER HAPPENED.
Why? It was a perfect ending.
>>
>save the world again
>still a villain

I blame America.
>>
File: 1439035217028.jpg (15 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1439035217028.jpg
15 KB, 240x240
>There are no facts, only interpretations
Reminder that this quote appeared at the end of MGSV.

Big Boss was only ever a bad guy in the eyes of other people, like the general public.

Meanwhile people like Naomi, Wolf all looked up to him as a noble man who helped them.

I think the main problem was how anti-climactic the story felt more than anything.
>>
>>318293982
>Start a war, fan its flames, and create victims... then save them, train them... and feed them back onto the battlefield
>>
>>318290391
>I can't read between the lines
Bravo, we just spotted the reason why Kojima had to make 4 more Metal Gears after Solid 1
>>
>>318294191

It's annoying that people don't understand that he was a bad guy in the eyes of other people when THAT'S WHAT THE SERIES TALKS ABOUT CONSTANTLY

you can't go 5 seconds in MGS without a character talking about your enemy becoming your friend and vice versa, it's such a core theme in all of them
>>
>>318294273
That's exactly what he was doing in PW tho.

Yet he never really came off as a villain in that game.
>>
>>318294337
and thus we come back to mgs3 where the boss mentions is the times that dictates enemies.
>>
Ground Zeroes was fine.
So was the hospital part of PP.

Then it just switches gears to a really poorly thought out sandbox game with rudimentary base mechanics.

For me ideally the "base management" part of the game would be exactly how it is in XCOM.

You'd build a base and then get contracts to do merc missions and the maps you do it on would be randomly generated and placed in 4-5 types of terrain, let's say desert, snowy, industrial, jungle and maybe temperate.
There would be a number of 3d items/assets/larger constructs that could be modularly shuffled so you'd get an interesting structure to deal with every time and that would be the meat of the game.
As you do more merc missions naturally the enemies you face are tougher, some additional locations are unlocked and so on.
Every now and then you'd have to clear a "story location" where a boss enemy needs to be defeated. These would be unique and comparable to the Ground Zeroes map.

idk, seems like a much better idea than to have a sandbox map full of nothing except a handful of location that you need to revisit dozens of times farming soldiers and material.

Also I'd do away with fultoning, it's a retarded concept that makes the entire game revolve around it.
>>
>>318294404
he isn't ever really a villain. He starts wars, fans their flames and creates victims but he saves them and trains them to try and give them a better life

He's noble af in the eyes of his soldiers and the people that respect him but a warmonger to the outside world
>>
>implying not shoving BB being Satan down your throat is the games weakest point

How about starting with the fact that SC Blacklist does pretty much everything better?
>>
>>318290505
>had to harm her mentor, had to get killed by his hand and had to sacrifice her entire honor
>mentor
M8...

>her entire honor
As opposed to only part of her honor? Proofread your shit, nigga.
>>
>>318293209
Fuck off. Mgs2 would be a horrible end for the series. mgs4 was garbage but mgs2 needed a follow up.
>>
>>318292073
>He took one of his most loyal soldiers face, life, memories, just so he would have a proxy BB.
He didn't, though. Ocelot and Zero put that plan into action while BB was still in his own coma. By the time woke up Venom was already completely fucked up beyond all hope, so BB had little choice but to go along with it.
>>
File: 1439092421256.jpg (12 KB, 188x229) Image search: [Google]
1439092421256.jpg
12 KB, 188x229
>>318294191
Just some further thoughts, I usually don't rant on like this but I just felt that I needed to let off some steam.

I expected MGSVs story to have a more epic feel to it, with multiple characters and events taking place.

But it felt really irrelevent desu, Gray Fox isn't in it, Zero is fucked, the Mujahadeen barely play a role, and Venom never really interacts with the nigger factions, he just saves some child soldiers and that's it.

The trailers made this up to be the pivotal middle chapter that connects the BB games to the Solid ones, but barely anything of note happens, the story ends and Venom, Kaz and Ocelot just stay around on Mother Base I guess.
Where's South Africa?
Where's Gray Fox?
Where's the MG1 boss unit?

Everyone expected this shit to lead into the original MG1 and it started and ended in 1984.

Why the fuck am I blowing up Walker Gears?
Why the fuck am I following tanks around an empty Afghan desert?
Why am I following some boring interrogator to save some hostage I don't give a shit about?

About 75% of the main missions consisted of this bs, I couldn't care less about anything that's going on because there's no real personal involvement or build up.

The reason MGS3s ending worked so well was because of its slow start, developing Naked Snake, The Boss, Ocelot, Eva and then eventually building towards an amazing satisfying conclusion to their arcs over the story.

Just some further thoughts, I usually don't rant on like this but I just felt that I needed to let off some steam.
>>
>>318294823
The problem with MGS4 is that Kojima forced MGS3's shit into it as well, but everything that was pure Solid Snake related was ace
>>
>>318295559
>Where's Gray Fox?

Given the way MGSV fucked over Liquid and Mantis, I'm glad Grey Fox had his honor preserved.
>>
>>318296029
It didn't necessarily fuck over Liquid, he just wasn't given enough screen time.
>>
File: snake to skull face22.jpg (670 KB, 1266x3983) Image search: [Google]
snake to skull face22.jpg
670 KB, 1266x3983
>>318293381
>>318293841
>>318294064
>>318294286
There really are no fans more delusional than Kojima drones. No one is denying that MGS3 already told us *why* Big Boss decides to ditch USA and build his own nation of soldiers. That doesn't change the fact that MGSV was advertised to showcase *how* Big Boss actually turned into a warmonger in practice. There still exists the same blank as before: the maybe somewhat morally grey hero who saved the world like 4 times suddenly turns into a child soldier using warmongering psychopath.

Retards like to say that "he was already a warmonger in PW it's just subtle guuuuyyyysss", but they forget that his business or his "brainwashing" of enemy soldiers (both random and Venom) are never shown in bad light and that he's only supplying to a demand, he isn't actually fanning the flames of war. Che Guevara is idolized as a hero and Big Boss helping the rebels in PW is a great thing according to both PW and MGSV. MGSV's combat deployment descriptions talk about deposing dictators and that kind of shit. All the games encourage you to play non-lethal goody two shoes through actual gameplay, especially in Big Boss' games. MGSV itself also ends on a really high note (or at least that's what Kojima was attempting with his retarded twist), both Big Boss' speech about "we did this together player" and the disarmament ending showcase him and Venom in a really good light. The part of Venom or Big Boss turning into a demon isn't "subtle", it simply doesn't exist apart from some characters mentioning he supposedly is one.

I'm just wondering whether retards defending Kojima's shit are purposefully ignoring the main tone of scenes or if they're actually emotionally stumped.
>>
I think we can all agree that MGS2 was the peak of the series, and I daresay the last real MGS game.
>>
File: 1437353338997.jpg (421 KB, 1062x1062) Image search: [Google]
1437353338997.jpg
421 KB, 1062x1062
>mfw mgsv turned out like it did because a over 20 year old shit pixelated game had to be canon
>>
>>318296660
What are you on about?

Literally no one wanted further explanation for MG1's story, Snake gets called in by BB cuz BB sees Snake as a rookie.
And then, oh snap, Snake actually blew up OH.
That's it, nice and simple.

MG1 has nothing to do with MGSVs fault.
>>
>>318296950
It has everything to do with it. "big boss" was killed in MG1 and showed up in MG2 so MGSV was made to show how he didn't die in MG1 after all.
>>
>>318290391
>people who don't understand mgs at all still think big boss is inherently evil
>le Darth Vader story
>>
>>318297060
Actually, it's implied that BB survived in MG1 during the post credits.
>>
>>318293605
We knew why, but I was interested in seeing the actual process of how.
>>
>>318297078
BB is nothing like Darth.

Vader was tricked by Sheev into becoming evil, he didn't do bad shit by his own accord.
>>
>>318297189
Yep, but Kojima felt that was weird and thus MGSV was made. There is literally no defending to butcher a story because you must adhere to a over 20 year old game nobody played.
>>
>>318297309
>he didn't do bad shit by his own accord.

riiiight
>>
>>318297386
Did you even watch Episode 3?

Literally nothing would've happened if Sheev didn't step onto the scene.
>>
It's literally the only series that has been perfect since the beginning and has always had the fans on their toes and plays with the expectations. Phantom Pain is perfect and now it's just time to accept HOW it was handled and it's seriously perfect when you think about it. The anger and denial and pain is a part of it. We have a complete story of Big Boss, seen from the inside and outside. And enough things to interpret by ourselves.

Phantom Pain shows how Big Boss turned into a Zero-like character for a while. That's the key, and it's great that both characters are in the shadows, even for the player. That's it.
>>
>>318297535
He was already showing signs of aberration in Epsiode 2, that was a HUGE point of that shitty movie.

If Sheev didnt take advantage of it Anakin would've still did something stupid anyway, but probably got killed before anything too serious happened.
>>
>>318297604
>It's intentionally shit, that makes it good.

No.
>>
File: OMG (2).jpg (36 KB, 362x245) Image search: [Google]
OMG (2).jpg
36 KB, 362x245
>>318290391
>yfw you realize the reason why Kojima called his game "the phantom pain" is because of the cut content
>Cut
>Content
>>
So what the fuck was Eva talking about in MGS4 concerning the conflict between Zero and BB?

Did she mistake Zero for Skully and BB for Venom?
>>
>>318297535
B-but Sheev didn't tell Anakin to kill an entire tribe of tuskens
>>
>>318290391
>why Big Boss turned evil.
someone did not get the series
>>
>>318290505

In your sentence structure, sometimes Big Boss is a woman and sometimes he's a man. Sometimes The Boss is a woman, and sometimes she's a man. What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>parasites = 1984 nanomachines
>antagonist falls short
>ocelot written out of character
>you'll be ashamed of your words and deeds
>open world of nothingness
>car ride
>truth mission comes out of the blue, no climax in this game
>COPULATION
>no difficulty settings
>repeated missions to fill chapter 2
>shit bosses
>iconic codec replaced with "boss, get down", "is he coming too?"
>now, instead of custscenes that can keep at least visually entertained, you'll sit in the helicopter listening to tapes, did u rike it?
>>
>>318294034
>perfect ending
>after retconing everything trying to tie every loose end and make Solid snake learn the lesson he already knew in MGS2,
>>
File: MGSDIlema.jpg (960 KB, 543x6365) Image search: [Google]
MGSDIlema.jpg
960 KB, 543x6365
>>318290391
every day its more true
fucking french
>>
>>318297871
We'll it wasn't. I and I think most people had a hell of a lot of fun and some of the best gameplay and story for 50-150h with GZ and TPP. And the ending, and things after completing the game are the only things that left you feel the "phantom pain". The ending was different from what anyone thought. There was so many theories about body doubles that people think they predicted the ending. Even though it was actually something completely different from anything ever done. It was a beautiful shout out to the fans. No game like it, so it's kind of hard to bitch about it. But you can, cause that's the point.
>>
>>318295886
The problem with MGS4 was that Kojima didn't wanted to make another MGS.
In the previous 3 games we had everything we need it.
Snake and the player learns to live in MGS1
Raiden learns to chose his destiny, and player also do this, you decide what you want.
Naked Snake changes in MGS3. We feel what he felt, and we suffer with him. There nothing we need after that
>>
File: 1448792510152.jpg (40 KB, 504x335) Image search: [Google]
1448792510152.jpg
40 KB, 504x335
>>318291981
>the most glorified filler arc in vidya history
>>
>>318298963
You sound like the most naive motherfucker on earth. Are you actually sincere?
>>
File: image.png (383 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
383 KB, 1242x2208
Guys. It's finally happening...
>>
>>318299339
>Game is set to depict the most interesting and pivotal moment in the series history, the creating of Outer Heaven.
>Instead literally nothing of importance happens
>>
File: JUST.png (522 KB, 500x737) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
522 KB, 500x737
>tfw whenever I try to play it gives me an error when logging into the server every single time no matter what

What does Error code 10012 mean and how do I fix it? Please... anyone
>>
>>318299502
but we dont see the creation of outer heaven
big boss was doing outerheaven while we were going after revenge
>>
File: 1443825846639.jpg (192 KB, 771x760) Image search: [Google]
1443825846639.jpg
192 KB, 771x760
>>318298517
>ocelot written out of character
Nothing makes me more upset than how hard they tarnished my hazubando. He only spun his gun like, once.

At least seeing him rescue Big Boss twice was pretty cool, but still, I wish he was more crazy.
>>
>>318299918
...Which is what I said.

The promo stuff made it out like we were creating Outer Heaven.
>>
>>318290391
Big Boss used an innocent soldier to build his legacy for him and do his dirty work.
He's a dick. Sorry you didn't get your anime melodrama downfall.
>>
>>318300194
the promo stuff of MGS2 made people think they would be playing as Solid snake
>>
>>318299953
Even YongYea bitched about it.
>>
>>318300307
There's a difference.

2 was just set to depict another Solid Snake Adventure, instead we got a controversial but interesting post-modern twist right at the beginning with plenty of development.

5 was set to depict events which played a major role in the history of the series. Instead we got a half-hearted, half-baked rehash of the MGS2 twist shoved in at the last second with no buildup or development.
>>
>>318290391
Big boss was never evil

You're all fucking retarded.

ACTUALLY PLAY MG1 and MG2. Being antagonist =/= Being evil.
>>
>>318300678
Big Boss in 2 does some morally reprehensible stuff.

He might not be pure evil, but he isn't the quirky man from 3 or the gruff veteran from PW.
>>
>>318299349
And you sound like the most cynical.
>>
>>318301154
No, I just don't think something has amazing storytelling value because it pads me on the head and because nobody's ever been retarded enough to do it before.
>>
>>318301495
No but you do apparently think that your method of viewing a story is the only correct way of doing so. How dare someone else find a way of appreciating it right?
>>
>>318290391
>A completely inconsequential plot that does not even attempt to explain why Big Boss turned evil.
It explains how Big Boss never was the bad guy

fuck you kojima for retconning your villain into a hero
>>
>>318301674
>I am ignorant of all standards of good storytelling and I am proud of it.
>>
File: 1444099331303.png (3 MB, 519x2378) Image search: [Google]
1444099331303.png
3 MB, 519x2378
>>318300645

This. I would have been fine with the ruse cruise if the game was actually finished, and the missions weren't almost all barely relevant to a story that's already a filler arc to the series as a whole. "Boss, we need you to extract a target that MIGHT get us closer to Cipher." Sure thing Kaz, the 20th time will surely be the charm.
>>
>>318301787
Standards are only good for measuring things relative to one another and providing a starting point for discussion. You must be in high school if you still have yet to grasp this.
>>
>>318290391
Kojima can't bridge the gap in between butthurt about Boss and "fanning flames of war" w/o turning BB into an unlikable edgemaster.
>>
>>318291240
This made me cringe so fucking hard.
>>
>>318301961
Dude, you don't understand how storytelling works and you actually think MGSV has a good ending because you felt fuzzy inside when Kiefer told you that you helped build the legacy of a warmongering sociopath. Stop pretending you have anything worthwhile to say.
>>
>>318293381
that's not the point at all

I wanted a harrowing tale with that quintessential kojima humor.

I got Extract Soldier Mission 4
>>
>>318302214
Dude, I'm not even the guy you were talking to. I'm just pointing out that you're an idiot if you think claiming some vague notion of "standards of storytelling" is enough to validate your opinion. You don't know what you're talking about, stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
File: letitgo.jpg (21 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
letitgo.jpg
21 KB, 600x324
>>318290391
>>
File: 233232123.png (120 KB, 330x300) Image search: [Google]
233232123.png
120 KB, 330x300
>You now realize that autistic mgsfags are going to make this same tired discussed thread forever and there's nothing you can do because their autism levels are off the charts.
>>
>b-but my nuclear disarmament dlc
I stopped at mission 32. Extract this extract that. How did anyone think this was fun?
>>
File: 1442267060565.jpg (86 KB, 863x1202) Image search: [Google]
1442267060565.jpg
86 KB, 863x1202
>>
>>318302472
So you're just arguing semantics?

Anon is ignorant of storytelling 101, and is acting like he can still say meaningful things about storytelling, are you really saying that is acceptable?

A good writer (or somebody arguing about storytelling) knows when to forget the "rules" of storytelling, but that doesn't mean they're ignorant of them or their purpose.
>>
>>318303217
>So you're just arguing semantics?

Do you even know what that word means?

You keep talking about this professed knowledge of storytelling you apparently possess and yet you appear unwilling to inject any of this ethereal storytelling knowhow into actual discussion, whether with me or with the original anon you were arguing with. Instead you simply utilize it as a hollow instrument of ad hominem.

I am merely pointing out that if you continue to wave your dick around like an idiot you will continue to be dismissed as an idiot.
>>
>>318302862
And there's STILL 10 years between V and MG1 for another "missing link."
>>
>>318302637
It's why I finished V at 100% and even 100%'d GZ. on PS3 and I still don't understand the wanking of GZ when V improved many of the gameplay problems with GZ and Camp Omega was not that well laid out.
>>
>>318303642
I had a problem with the guy thinking the MGSV ending was good when it really isn't. Your last 3 posts have been pedantic buttblastery over the fact that I used the word "standards" once.
>>
File: 1402896793858.jpg (280 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1402896793858.jpg
280 KB, 1024x576
>all this arguing about the shitty plot
The gameplay is absolutely average at everything also. I don't know if you guys got so anal anguished about the story that you have to defend SOMETHING so you tell yourself that the gameplay is 11/10 masterpiece while in reality its mediocre at best.
>>
>>318304251
>MGSV ending
Uhmm, did it have an ending?
>>
>>318297326
I played it, and so did like everyone with snake eater
>>
>>318304503
The gameplay was pretty good though, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.
Could it have been better? Yeah, the AI was horrible at using their intelligence, they would flashlight you yet still not spot you, and even if 10 of their buddies got knocked out by the tranq. pistol, they would still not sound the alarm.
>>
>>318290391
>''We are going to put every person in this hospital in the line of fire.''
>''We are going to brainwash your best soldier into being you.''
>steals Peace Walker's nuke for his own
>builds ZEKE
>somehow people still think this guy is still a hero
He's not evil because he never was just a dick for the sake of being a dick, but he wasn't a good way and became a huge prick.
Yeah, in Metal Gear 2 he said the thing about creating wars to get orphans and use them as recruits, but those games have been so retconned that not even the guy you fight in MG1 is Big Boss.
>>
>>318299953
>out of character
Maybe because this is the first time he's actually on your side, and not ''Haha, it was a ruse'' kind of being on your side?
>>
File: what a tweeest.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
what a tweeest.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>318290505

>just pretend half the games in the series doesn't exist and it makes perfect sense!!!!

get the fuck out of here otacon
>>
>>318304503
The game is fun.
Flawed, but fun.
>>
>>318304894
Pretty good doesn't equal to the praise I see it getting here.
>>
File: 1447783684679.png (2 MB, 2560x1923) Image search: [Google]
1447783684679.png
2 MB, 2560x1923
Did MGSV have a theme song? There's that little piano melody that plays sometimes but there isn't really a main track.

Ground Zeroes had one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBhPlb7dOjU
>>
>>318305969
that's fan made, do you really think Kojima would use that Russian theft music again?
>>
>>318303672
Back in 2013 Kojima said he thought there was room for one more story after 5. Looks like we'll never get to see it.
>>
>>318306072
The Best Is Yet To Come shows up in MGS4 so why not?
>>
>>318306375
Because The Best is Yet to Come isn't plagarized. The MGS1/2 theme is.
>>
>>318306072
MGS2 is the theft one.

The MGS4/3 one is the one they've been using.
>>
>>318306483
Listen to the "GZ theme" anon posted. It's using the MGS1/2 plagarized part at the end with the female choir.

It's fan made.
>>
>>318306451
MGS2 is way too similar to the original MGS theme as well, have you not listened to it at all? The only major difference is after the introduction, but even that can be used as fuel for a plagiarism suit.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 400x240
>>318290505
So you want me to understand the plot...by ignoring the canon?
Ya know I'm not even going to bother to read the rest of that wall of text.
>>
>>318306895
What are you talking about? Kojima only found out about the plagarism after MGS3

MGS3 had the soft guitar theme in addition to the "saga" music that's used in 4

As soon as he found out about the theme being plagiarized, it wasn't being used.
>>
>>318306710
The song is indeed fanmade, but the choir at the end is singing the MGS3 tune, not the 100% plagiarized MGS2 tune. They sound similar, but they're not the same.

https://youtu.be/QiPon8lr48U?t=3m1s
>>
MGS4 does not exist in my dojo. I do not accept that my rag tag group of Zero, Sigint, and Para Medic - who have one chance to get themselves out of the shit mess after the Virtuous mission - would turn into villains.
>>
File: 1443741260400.png (879 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
1443741260400.png
879 KB, 1152x648
>>318305256
Sure, he's on your side, cool, that's not the problem here. What I'm frisky about is the fact that he isn't his usual flamboyant self. I want to see him twirl stuff and be over the top. And on a minor note, I'm also disappointed he didn't get to do anything cool, besides rescuing Big Bosses and messing with Huey and Liquid. I guess nothing much happens in this story anyways, so it's not surprising that all he can do is stay home at mother base and babysit.

But then again, hearing him trash talk Huey and Kaz in the tapes was amazing. The tape where he talks to Zero is good too.
>>
>>318302862
3 actually contributed to the series and did explain some things.
>>
>>318307172
Oddly enough, explaining the patriots and that big boss will create outer heaven is done fairly well in Portable ops

I mean, there's a scene dedicated to showing snake saluting the head of the CIA again, except the camera moves and shows him saluting the now to be imprisoned ex-soviets he worked with to stop Metal Gear Raxa
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.